Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

excellent :D

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

Purchased yesterday the G3F Pose builder bundle and I got the G2F a while ago. Great products!

Something strange is happening with 50 Essential Emotional Communications fron i13. Whether for G2F or G3F the lower body poses do not work at all and the upper body poses either do not work or look slightly off when applied with Pose builder.

Other poses work without problems even from the same PA like SignalsAndVibes for G2F or Distinguished for G2M.

Any idea what's happening?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 2015

We are looking into this. We are stripping out extra carriage return in source line so that line could be found in search. In english, the Pose Builder script will cater for pose sets that are saved this waycool

Post edited by Zev0 on

Ok script will be updated to accomodate for this fix.

• Hi,

Are there instructions for this product for people who are not seasoned DAZ users like me?

Is there a way to search this forum for specific instructions about this product that I purchased, or a video somewhere?

Thank you, it looks pretty kewl.

KM

Hi Kmontana. Welcome to Daz:) What product do you need help with? I ask because this support thread is for multiple products, the Pose Builder and the Pose Converters.

• Hi Zev0,

Pose Builder, I was hoping for an instructional.

Thanks so much.

KM

edited December 2015

Hmm don't know what to explain really. The products promo's kind of show it all and is basically the tutorial. Basically you choose an option eg Upper Body, and point to the pose you want to assign there. Same for Arms, Hands, Legs and Feet Tabs if you want. What part of the product don't you understand how to use?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Thanks for the quick response. Please forgive me as I am brand new to 3d and DAZ.

I guess I don't understand the concept or the advantages of this plugin.

I read the list of things it can do and bought it but don't understand how to use it

Sorry.

edited December 2015

-Load Genesis 3 figure into scene

-Go to Scripts folder inside your content library

-From there, go to Pose Builder for Genesis 3 and run the main script. Make sure the figure is highlighted in Scene tab before running the script.

Now once script is open, tick select for Upper Pose and then click on the pose within a pose set for genesis 3 and apply. You need to browse to where they are saved. Once you find a pose, it will apply that to the Upper Body. From there you will understand how the rest works. Here are some screenshots of the process.

Step1.JPG
    628 x 738 - 177K
    Step2.JPG
    1038 x 878 - 355K
    Step3.JPG
    1191 x 875 - 320K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • No stars for U.

What does that mean? Was it helpful or not? If not, what don't you understand? You need to be very specific so I can try and clarify what you do not understand. EG what part of the product is causing confusion?

• Nash0Nash0 Posts: 6

Now that growing up 3 is available, I was wondering  if those old K4 poses will work on G3 by going "V4 Pose Converter for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)" to "Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter".

Is it possible?

edited December 2015

If the K4 poses work the same as the V4 ones then yes in theory the double conversion will work. I don't have any K4 poses to test unfortunately.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

If the K4 poses work the same as the V4 ones then yes in theory the double conversion will work. I don't have any K4 poses to test unfortunately.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I will be testing this later on.

Zev0 I forgot to ask something.

Do I need Pose Builder 3 to be able to use the converted poses or can I use the poses immediately converted through the conversion process I outlined above?

In other words can I use V4 poses converted with "V4 Pose Converter for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)" to "Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter" for G3 without "Pose Builder 3"?

Sorry if already asked, I'm just a bit confused.

edited December 2015

You don't need Pose Builder for this, just the converters really. Pose Builder is only if you want to chop and mix your own poses, be it native or converted poses. Has no relation to the conversion process and the usage of those poses.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2015
    Zev0 said:

You don't need Pose Builder for this, just the converters really. Pose Builder is only if you want to chop and mix your own poses, be it native or converted poses. Has no relation to the conversion process.

...and that is what I love about your products. Technical support on a silver plate :)

Thank you.

Post edited by Nash0 on

You're welcome:)

• I haven't been able to get the Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter to work.  I'll open it up and the Genesis 3 figure never pops up.  

• You don't need the figure in the scene to do the conversions.

Just select the folder you want the converted pose preset files written to, The select the folder that has the Genesis 2 pose presets you want to convert, Then press the 'Convert the Files' button

• My mistake, it's working.  A while back when I checked the folder for the conversions I'm pretty sure it was blank.  Maybe I was mistaken because the converted folder isn't blank now.  Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.  :)    

• You have to refresh the list in the content library right after creating the converted poses. Goto the folder you selected to write converted files to. And then right mouse click and select refresh.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,924

No metadata is created for the converted poses either, so you won't find them in Smart Content or the Posing pane (or anything else that filters based on compatible model). You either need to create your own metadata or always look for them in the Content Library folder(s) where you told them to go when you ran the converter.

• Is it possible for the tool to copy over the assigned categories of the original in a future update?  Is that all that is needed to target a particular figure?  Do most poses just target the base figure (G3F vs V7), even if the pose is labeled for V7 specifically?

• bsettbsett Posts: 74

I used the Pose Converter to convert a whole folder of Gen 2 poses I had created to Gen 3 and it worked fine. Now if I want to convert only one newly created Gen 2 pose to Gen 3 is there a way to do that without converting the whole folder again?

• Move the one pose into a folder by itself.

• I wasn't going to buy into Genesis 3 because of my huge investment in Genesis 2. I've been happy with Genesis 2.

The recent sale brought prices too low to resist. Well played Daz, I spent a small fortune over the last week.

The G2 to G3 pose convertor works very well.

I often use Genesis poses on Genesis 2 figures with good results. I ran the pose convertor script on some Genesis poses and they converted really well to Genesis 3.

• ericredericred Posts: 13

Hello, I'd like to convert some old genesis 1 poses to genesis 3. Can your product do this? What would be the workflow? Thanks in advance!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,924

I'm trying to use Pose Builder with content installed by Daz Connect. Poses are no longer located in a nice "\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Poses" folder structure. They are now nearly impossible to find in individual product folders labeled by SKU number. What is the best technique for using Pose Builder with pose products that were installed by Daz Connect? Help!