Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• DocDoc Posts: 46

Hmm. Honestly it might be worth stating on the product page that it doesn't work for every pose.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited July 2018

I tried the pose set you speaking of, resaved all the poses again after applying to figure using the standard "save pose preset" feature inside daz, and they all work now with Pose Builder. The problem is not really Pose Builder, but how some people choose to save out their pose sets. I have no idea what they did to save it out differently, but I just resaved the entire set and it now works.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • griersongrierson Posts: 5

I am having trouble with the Pose converter when the G2 pose in question has say a staff or weapon assumed to be in its hand. For example the DA wizardry poses. The poses where the hands are free are Perfect but when a staff is involved the translation does not work at all.  The converted pose simply does nothing. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing helps. How do I deal with this?

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

I like how this can even be used on G8F. I haven't tried it with G8M.

• griersongrierson Posts: 5

Just tried your method of saving off each Genesis 2 pose as a preset  and then reprocessing them with your tool..... Worked like a charm!!!!!  Wish some vendors weren't such idiots!!! They make a lot of work for you and me! At least now I can get my poses migrated and know what to do in the furure if this poroblem reappears. Thanks for the awesome tools Zev)!

• Hi - I am finally getting the hang of it, but on some of the poses - I get this error - 

"An error occurred while reading the file - see log file for more details"

The log file:

D:/3d/daz/Converted/Shackled! 2/04 - Smartprops G2M/Shackles Wrists.duf (4324,4): Unexpected character
    Error reading file, see log for more details.

What do you think - something I can fix?

Hi there, just bought the Converter, so I could convert some poses from G8M to GM3 and I too run into the above statements in the log file. Been reading through the pages but haven't found any solutions or suggestions concerning this.

Anyone have an idea? Solution? Suggestion?

Cheers - Allan

edited August 2018
    The G3 to G8 Converter has been updated..Please see that product thread. It has been updated to ver.1.5. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/173671/genesis-3-to-genesis-8-pose-converter-commercial#latest
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I've purchased the V4 to G2 pose converter and it runs VERY well!  I then purchased the g2 to g3 pose converter, and that runs pretty well, but I've run into a problem with a number of Zedicus' files.  When pose converter is working on one that has a variety of partials, it appears to hang on the full body 01 pose.  On a couple of occassions I got an error message saying that there was file read error - check the log file.  I am attaching that to this.  Is there a work-around for this?

Some older Zedicus pose sets are a hit and miss scenario. Some of them have hand edited code which the converter cannot read. Pose converter was designed to convert poses saved in a standard format. You can try applying the pose and resaving it before conversion. There is something wonky in how some of them are saved out. So load the problematic pose, resave it on the figure it was designed for, then convert it and see if that works.

• Hello,

I revisited using the G2 to G3 pose converter. I am at a loss. Is there a read-me or some instructional on how to utilize this product? 

When I look at the converter in Smart Content, I get a link to this thread under 'lost and found' and two items under utility. When I select the Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter icon, it presents a window for me to identify the file location of the existing file. After some struggle, I figured out what file location the pose options reside within but when selecting the main folder that contains these pose files created for G2, and then visiting my Content Library the 'converted' folder (which is mapped as a content location), I see no files to select to apply the converted pose to my G3 figure. 

Help? I'm certain to be doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what it is without some guidance. 

Thank you

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

Hello Zev0,

I just bumped into a problem with PoseBuiilder 3 swhen trying to apply the "mirror pose" utility to a character part of a group I created and this hangs the script and when closing the script window throws an "Result of expression 'g_Node' [null] is not an object".

I tried to create a new greoup parenting the selected items, copy the character to an empty group but the result is always the same. Am I doing something wrong or this  a known issue ( with hopefully  a solution).

Also, while analysing the log I see a lot of "libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile" Warnings related to the zero poses. Not that it bugs me too much, just to let you know.

Otherwise than that, thank you for a lot of great utilities I am using, they really do help a lot!

• I'm trying to use the chain of converters, but stalling out on the V4 poses because they're in dsa format (specifically, the poses for the Dream House series).  How do I bulk fix that first step?

Hi. You will have to manually resave the poses in .duf format before converting. The script does not support .dsa since it is a dead extension and no longer used. Also very few poses were saved in this format which didn't warrant official support for the extension at the time of release.

Hello Zev0,

I just bumped into a problem with PoseBuiilder 3 swhen trying to apply the "mirror pose" utility to a character part of a group I created and this hangs the script and when closing the script window throws an "Result of expression 'g_Node' [null] is not an object".

I tried to create a new greoup parenting the selected items, copy the character to an empty group but the result is always the same. Am I doing something wrong or this  a known issue ( with hopefully  a solution).

Also, while analysing the log I see a lot of "libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile" Warnings related to the zero poses. Not that it bugs me too much, just to let you know.

Otherwise than that, thank you for a lot of great utilities I am using, they really do help a lot!

Hi. I don't think the script supports groups.

• Zev0 said:

Hi. You will have to manually resave the poses in .duf format before converting. The script does not support .dsa since it is a dead extension and no longer used. Also very few poses were saved in this format which didn't warrant official support for the extension at the time of release.

Oof.  That's going to be a lot of manual resaves.  Apparently Digiport didn't get the memo.  Ok, thanks.

Check the product download files for a .pz2 version unless this was Daz only supported product.
  • Zev0 said:

Hi. I don't think the script supports groups.

Thanks for getting back. Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding: I dont want to mirror the whole group selected but just the pose of one selected character parented to a group.

Won't work with a figure in a group.

• Zev0 said:

Won't work with a figure in a group.

Thanks for confirming. Pity, but still enjoying the rest of this and lots other of your products from here and elsewhere .... and, I found a script that does this trick.

• Might be the hour, but even after reading the couple of pages back which seemed to be discussing hierarchical poses, I'm now somewhat unsure whether Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter will support, say, https://www.daz3d.com/capsces-madame-mojo-monique-6 ?

This for me, and posterity, in case anyone else comes in here via the search a-wondering. :)

• Zev0 said:
    Check the product download files for a .pz2 version unless this was Daz only supported product.

Oh, they do!  Great, thanks.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited September 2019

In the V4 to Genesis 2 pose converter I get an error saying it cannot find (data/daz 3d/genesis 2/female/uv sets/daz 3d/victoria 4/victoria 4.dsf) when I start it up. It doesnt seem to affect the conversion at all as far as I can tell but would like to fix it if I can.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129
    N3p3nth3 said:

Might be the hour, but even after reading the couple of pages back which seemed to be discussing hierarchical poses, I'm now somewhat unsure whether Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter will support, say, https://www.daz3d.com/capsces-madame-mojo-monique-6 ?

This for me, and posterity, in case anyone else comes in here via the search a-wondering. :)

Hierarchical pose converts from genesis 2 to gensis 3, but gives an error when trying to apply. Could be an URP (user-related problem), but unlikely. Since the particular set came with a poser file set that split the character poses and prop poses (separate poses for props), trick was to load up a genesis 2, hit up the hierarchical poses one at a time, save them separately in a folder and then batch convert that folder. Move the prop poses to the converted folder and voila, works. 

Now, if you only had hierarchical poses, I take it you'd be hosed.

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    edited April 2020
    Zev0 said:
    On a side note, Pose builder 3 is Genesis 8 compatible. I will try and update the promos and script images to reflect that.

I ended up in this thread searching to find whether there were any plans for a Pose Builder for Genesis 8. Looking at the marketplace page for Pose Builder for Genesis 3, I don't see any reference to G8. It says on one of the promo images, "Combine any pose designed for Genesis 3, or Genesis 2," but no mention of Genesis 8.

Is there anything in particular I would need to know to be able to use Pose Builder 3 with G8 poses, or just use it as I would for G2 and G3?

I do realize that you've been extremely busy with other matters—and I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your partner, DraagonStorm. Very much looking forward to Pose Fusion! Maybe it will render my questions moot.

Post edited by mavante on
    edited April 2020

Pose Builder for Genesis 3 works perfectly fine for Genesis 8. Reason I have not marketed it as such to include G8 is because I have to have the script decoded in order to change the name specifics for Genesis 3. It's tacky to say supports Genesis 8 when the script is specifically named for Genesis 3. So once I have that done ill redo promos to reflect G8 support. I have not had time to do that yet.

Post edited by Zev0 on

There will be an official update coming to Pose Builder for Genesis 3.

-Product rebranding to reflect full Genesis 8 compatibility as well.

-You can now keep characters in groups and the script will still work.

-The PBCamera will mimic cameras and not just viewport. Camera will now also remove itself after changes are made.

Thank you for your support.

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141
    Zev0 said:
    -You can now keep characters in groups and the script will still work.

That's brilliant news! Thank you for maintaining your products in such excellent manner!

You're welcome. Was a bit hard to get original script decrypted but finally managed to get it done.

Product has been updated.

The old zip is still present in product library (must still be removed), please use the Pose Builder for Genesis 3 and 8 file.

Thanks

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,328

Superb! Thank you for your efforts.