Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,127

Ati Pose Builder works with G3M, even using G3F poses and hand poses. Just tried.

Perfect! :) Thank you!

• I'm having trouble making the window small enough to use the tool.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    edited November 2016

oh that is really useful! wow! cool

Post edited by SF-Design on
  • I just purchased the bundle and am having a hard time understanding how it works.

Conversion: I did the conversion, then applied that unlock script to genisis 3, but converted poses are not showing up anywhere so I can apply them

Builder: I opened the pose builder script, clicked on select Pose, however .duf files are not highlighted to be selected.

I'm kind of new to DAZ. What am I doing wrong? Do you have how to manual?

• I just purchased the bundle and am having a hard time understanding how it works.

Conversion: I did the conversion, then applied that unlock script to genisis 3, but converted poses are not showing up anywhere so I can apply them

Builder: I opened the pose builder script, clicked on select Pose, however .duf files are not highlighted to be selected.

I'm kind of new to DAZ. What am I doing wrong? Do you have how to manual?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 2016

"Conversion: I did the conversion, then applied that unlock script to genisis 3, but converted poses are not showing up anywhere so I can apply them"

Did you assign the pose conversion path? Also did you refresh your content library? New content will only appear once it has been refreshed. Are you using smart content or content library to view your content?

"Builder: I opened the pose builder script, clicked on select Pose, however .duf files are not highlighted to be selected."

What pose set are you trying to use? Can you send a screenshot?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I have hundreds of pose DUF files, this program reconises none of them, I can have the file folder containing pose DUFs open in windows to confirm they are there, but convertor see none .....why? could I have my money back?

edited December 2016

Ok I need a bit more information and screenshots as to why it is not working, eg what pose set, what icons. Only then can I be of assistance.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

I'm having a few issues converting i13's poses to G3F. I'm currently testing with the Elusive and Spring Mix sets and it seems like a lot of the poses have issues with various bones not bending the right way. However, most of these poses require limits to be turned off when applied to G2F... but I don't have an issue when using a 'limit off' pose from another product.

I've attached a couple of screenshots for reference. The first screen shot has G2F on the left, G3F unlocked to the right, using a 'limits off' pose from i13's Elusive set. The second screen shot is the same, but using a 'limits off' pose from Let's Get Physical for G2F.

pose convert.PNG
    526 x 786 - 359K
    pose convert 2.PNG
    676 x 753 - 310K
    edited December 2016

Do you have Handy Dandy? That fixes the hand pose issue, and resets the limits.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

Do you have Handy Dandy? That fixes the hand pose issue, and resets the limits.

Yes, I do! :) What about the arm positioning though? It seems like the arm rotations are off or something...

Another example: using i13's Spring Mix -- looks like the rotation is VERY off -- then Mei Lin 6's Capsces -- which is exact to a tee. This only happens with i13's stuff, and I'm scratching my head as to why...

pose convert 3.PNG
    597 x 743 - 294K
    pose convert 4.PNG
    762 x 423 - 184K
    edited December 2016

The arms will never be perfect on some sets. Also this depends on the pose set and weather it was created with limits on or off. There will always be some form of adjustment because of the different amounts of bones in the rigging.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Hmm okay, I guess I'll have to do a few adjustments :) Thank you!

• wargiswargis Posts: 142

Couldn't anyone tell, how to use Handy Dandy presets to fix hands and fingers? I tested the Pose Converter from G2 to G3 on a variety of poses from various sets and if the position of arms differs not much, but fingers are over-bent and over-posed too often. When I applied Handy Dandy's scripts, as from G1 to G2 and from G2 to G1, I couldn't get the exact position of fingers. How to use this script for Genesis 3?

By the way, when I tested the similar Pose Converter from G2F to G3F from 3D Universe, it handles with hands more accurately and keeps the pose of fingers almost intact, so I converted almost all G2F's hand partial poses with that tool and was pleased with the result. But the overall position of all body looked further from original one, than with your converter. So I came to an idea to use both converters to get the closest pose, but it is very frustrating, so couldn't you update the part of your scripts, responsible for fingers, to keep their exact position, as in the converter by 3D Universe? It seems quite possible for me.

edited February 2017

Hi. You can convert Handy Dandy via the Pose Converter to Genesis 3 then use the presets. That seems to give better results.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Using the Pose Conversion.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-to-genesis-3-pose-converter

I converted the files and I have the exact location where the files converted to.

Under a folder called "Converted" are all the different products I have converted.

1) How do I get Daz 4.9 to navigate to that folder and how do I add that folder to smart content - 

- either under POSES

- or as a NEW Category- hopefully "Poses Converted" so it shows up under poses as I browse my smart Content tab...

Thanks...

• 1bravodeltabravo1bravodeltabravo Posts: 23
    edited April 2017

So, this is the problem. I tried loading a pose but it is filtering for .png files but DAZ needs .duf files.  

Post edited by 1bravodeltabravo on
  • Pose Builder looks for pngs so that you can see the thumbnail of the files, as a check that you are in the right place. it will then process the associated .duf files.

• Pose Builder looks for pngs so that you can see the thumbnail of the files, as a check that you are in the right place. it will then process the associated .duf files.

Thank you, problem solved...turned out I was in the wrong folder indeed.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

So... its been awhile since I worked with this, and I find myself in need of converting some old poses to DUF before hand.  Didn't the M4/V4 version have a tab for converting older formats to DUF? Its shown in the screenshots and never talked about.  This did get spun off into the Batch Convert product (which I also have, but which is limited in its support for partial poses)?

• NejanzuqNejanzuq Posts: 20

Hi! I recently purchased this product, but I have a frustrating problem... I'm trying to apply the converted Genesis 2 (male) poses to my Genesis 3 (male) character but this message appears: "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details"

Log file:

Empty id found in file ""
    Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found.
    Error reading file, see log for more details.

I'm new using Daz, so...Someone can help me? Thanks.

edited July 2017

What pose set did you convert? Or more specifically, what set is causing issues? I am aware that for some reason some poses sets (very few) are saved with Full hierarchical paths, which do cause problems when converted. At the time the converter was created, we only discovered about these hierarchical sets afterwards. I would correct this, but my partner passed away so there is nothing I can do to update the converter script.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

What pose set did you convert? Or more specifically, what set is causing issues? I am aware that for some reason some poses sets (very few) are saved with Full hierarchical paths, which do cause problems when converted. At the time the converter was created, we only discovered about these hierarchical sets afterwards. I would correct this, but my partner passed away so there is nothing I can do to update the converter script.

Sorry about your partner.

The set I'm trying to convert consist of 8 weapon poses from a purchased item, This item have poses for Genesis 2 Male-Female, and Genesis 3 Female, for some reason the Genesis 3 poses don't exist.

Sorry for bother you, but there is any solution for this problem? Thanks and sorry for my english.

What pose set is this please?

Zev0 said:

What pose set is this please?

Look, all the Genesis 2 Male poses of this product: https://www.daz3d.com/urban-assault-rifle-sk-307

The converter doesn't convert certain Hierarchical pose sets. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that at this stage because the Pose Converter script is encrypted and only my partner had the source files. It was also designed to read the standard format in which poses should be saved. I will look into a way around this when I have free time but I am on serious production deadlines at the moment.

Zev0 said:

The converter doesn't convert certain Hierarchical pose sets. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that at this stage because the Pose Converter script is encrypted and only my partner had the source files. It was also designed to read the standard format in which poses should be saved. I will look into a way around this when I have free time but I am on serious production deadlines at the moment.

Great, thanks for the help :D

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Thank you Zev0 for updating the Pose Converter to work with G8M!laugh

edited August 2017

You're welcome. Changes in this version are

-Now supports hierarchical poses.

-Updated it all to work with the male .

-We now copy metadata from original file so it is sorted better in smart content.

-Added a popup when you add/remove the scripts to the menu.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2017
    On a side note, Pose builder 3 is Genesis 8 compatible. I will try and update the promos and script images to reflect that.
    Post edited by Zev0 on