More Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR III)

1363738394042»

Comments

• Phloki3dPhloki3d Posts: 124

@csaa I always default back to Photoshop as it's what I use in my day-to-day but Clip Studio Paint looks great for at least the layout and composition stage so I'm going to give it a go next time, thanks!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850
    edited January 4

Just purchased recently Elebeast for Genesis 9 and it looks to me like slightly NPR...

Elebeast02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 880K
    Post edited by Artini on

I really like this new feature of toon canvas in Daz Studio described in:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/669041/creating-a-toon-canvas-daz-studio-4-22-1-54#latest

Below is my trial with it.

• That looks really neat Artini! I didn't know we have a new toon canvas option now. Thanks for sharing that link. yes Saw some of your experiments with it on another thread just now. Might give it a go one of these days...

Thanks a lot, SapphireBlue.

The more I play with the toon canvas, the more I like it.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,233

"Asteroids"

Rendered with Daz scripted 3Delight and assembled in GIMP

• After going through this thread I decided to give NPR rendering a shot and I'm having quite a bit of fun with it. I wanna ask if anyone knows. Is there any way to use emission light on the octane toon shaders? Or would I have to add that via post processing? 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,233
    edited February 3

Daz Scripted assembled in GIMP

Sci-Fi4.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812

theroguequeen said:

After going through this thread I decided to give NPR rendering a shot and I'm having quite a bit of fun with it. I wanna ask if anyone knows. Is there any way to use emission light on the octane toon shaders? Or would I have to add that via post processing? 

theroguequeen,

The one personI know who uses  Daz-Octane for stylized art is Phloki3D. I refer you to some of his images  here;  scroll back up from the bottom of the page. He has more amazing images scattered in the succeeding pages of that thread.

Cheers!

• Phyre FeyPhyre Fey Posts: 18

Artini said:

I really like this new feature of toon canvas in Daz Studio described in:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/669041/creating-a-toon-canvas-daz-studio-4-22-1-54#latest

Below is my trial with it

OOH!! Neat! I did not know this was a thing either. Will give that a try and try to combine it with visual novel shaders...

I've been playing with Oso Iray toon shaders today with some line post work in CSP. Sorry the image is small and a bit blurry. I'll render in a higher quality next time. For extra flatness  I used the toon base shaders from My Shaders:

Breeanimeflattry.png
    800 x 800 - 580K
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I'm glad to see this thread is still going, but I think my time at the Daz3D forums is over.

The AI thing was the last straw.

• Phyre FeyPhyre Fey Posts: 18
    edited April 4

vrba79 said:

I'm glad to see this thread is still going, but I think my time at the Daz3D forums is over.

The AI thing was the last straw.

Sorry to see you go! But I 100% understand your decision I am also quite gutted with DAZ and their decisions in the last four years. I really enjoy genesis 9 however so that's making me still enjoy the program but I may start learning blender and starting to convert my assets to work there instead since DAZ seems to be mostly concerned with making money and never mind the ethics.

Edit: So I tried the new toon canvas in Daz Beta but I did not like it very much, it's not the look I'm loking for. Instead I played a bit more with Visual Novel Shaders, I still can't find anything better tbh. Other then blender.

Eyes are weird in 3delight now, this is a gen 9 and I find most eyes don't work in 3delight other then the ones in FPE Toon Textures, but there's a black outline that shows up in the render, I have the eye moisture at 0 cutout opacity already.

toonvisualshade.png
    800 x 800 - 484K
    Post edited by Phyre Fey on