UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• HighlandHighland Posts: 118

Norman_R said:

Played with the noise map a bit.

Very Nice! Thanks for sharing Norman!

• MelanieL said:

I suspect today's release may have escaped a little early - with luck the rest will turn up tomorrow. [What do I mean with luck?! My credit is trembling again]

You are absolutly right, the Tropics Bundle is now through QA and awaiting a release date in full. Not sure how this has appeared in the store today but hold on as the rest will surly be close behind.
    And it is worth waiting for IMHO.

Also coming hopefully very soon is a set of alternative road and path textures as used here, not by any means comprehensive but I thought it would be handy to have some alternatives to that sandy gravel and some different road edges like moss and mud. So keep an eye out for that too.

Jungle pic 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    edited August 2022

Martinjfrost said:

MelanieL said:

I suspect today's release may have escaped a little early - with luck the rest will turn up tomorrow. [What do I mean with luck?! My credit is trembling again]

You are absolutly right, the Tropics Bundle is now through QA and awaiting a release date in full. Not sure how this has appeared in the store today but hold on as the rest will surly be close behind.

Also coming hopefully very soon is a set of alternative road and path textures as used here, not by any means comprehensive but I thought it would be handy to have some alternatives to that sandy gravel and some different road edges like moss and mud. So keep an eye out for that too.

Jungle pic 

Martin,

Good to hear. Thanks for the update. I will be lying in wait with a fully armed credit card. 

Ultrascenery has to be one of DAZ's most successful products and the stuff you've done for it has definitely added to that. 

Every time a new add-on comes out, it gives me new ideas and the tropical bundle and the new roads and tracks set are no exception.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

That pathway should have the option, in my opinion, for puddles of water or wet look since it appears to be in a rain forest environment.

• AnEye4Art said:

That pathway should have the option, in my opinion, for puddles of water or wet look since it appears to be in a rain forest environment.

I agree, However at this time the part of textures used in the terrain for thr road surfaces dont support specular or reflective surfaces, so its not possible to make them wet. I did look at doing that, however with the decal option you can add puddles precicely where you want with ease, so i thought it better to have a variety of 'dry' options than none at all. 

Also, there is no rule that says rain forest has to have lots of standing water, that would be dependant on soil type and the underlying geology, in a lot of woodland enviroments standing water is rare as the trees tend to suck it up, and the leaf litter and humus in the top of the soil layer tend to store water. 

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited August 2022

Martinjfrost said:

AnEye4Art said:

I agree, However at this time the part of textures used in the terrain for thr road surfaces dont support specular or reflective surfaces, so its not possible to make them wet. I did look at doing that, however with the decal option you can add puddles precicely where you want with ease, so i thought it better to have a variety of 'dry' options than none at all. 

Also, there is no rule that says rain forest has to have lots of standing water, that would be dependant on soil type and the underlying geology, in a lot of woodland enviroments standing water is rare as the trees tend to suck it up, and the leaf litter and humus in the top of the soil layer tend to store water. 

Thank you for your reply. I will buy your product regardless. 

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

AnEye4Art said:

Martinjfrost said:

AnEye4Art said:

Thank you for your reply. I will buy your product regardless. 

We already have the capability  to use any texture map we want on the dirt track surface. I explained it here a couple years ago. The maps consist of a road surface and road base that get combined automatically by UltraScenery. You can specify a diffuse color image and a normal map, but the normal maps aren't really used, I discovered later. Of course setting up your own textures is more work than buying  a commercially prepared product, so keep that in mind!

• Martinjfrost said:

MelanieL said:

Jungle pic 

Count me in .. I'll buy it as soon as I see it. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Martinjfrost said:

MelanieL said:

Jungle pic 

And I see the rogue escapee has been re-caged! I presume those plants will be re-released as "new" with the bundle.

•  

And I see the rogue escapee has been re-caged! I presume those plants will be re-released as "new" with the bundle.

Yes, Not sure what the date is but soon, very soon.........;-) 

• drucdruc Posts: 323

I have recently purchased UltraSceneryXT and the Tropics bundle. On the UltrasceneryXT product page it says:

• Daz Studio 3Delight Material Presets (.DUF)

Is this a typo or how can I render this in 3DL please?

edited August 2022

druc said:

I have recently purchased UltraSceneryXT and the Tropics bundle. On the UltrasceneryXT product page it says:

Can you post a screenshot of the pages where you see 3Delight materials for UltraSceneryXT or the Tropics Bundle? I can't find any reference to 3Delight materials on those product pages, only Iray materials.

EDIT: Oh, wait a minute! Now I see it on the UltraSceneryXT page. I don't know why I couldn't see it before, or maybe Daz is serving up different pages at different times. I think it is a typo.

Post edited by barbult on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,074
    edited August 2022

barbult said:

druc said:

Can you post a screenshot of the pages where you see 3Delight materials for UltraSceneryXT or the Tropics Bundle? I can't find any reference to 3Delight materials on those product pages, only Iray materials.

It's the last line under What's Included and Features.

Ninja'ed. LOL.

Post edited by butterflyfish on

butterflyfish said:

barbult said:

druc said:

It's the last line under What's Included and Features.

Ninja'ed. LOL.

smiley yes, I saw it when I went back and reloaded the page. 

I submitted a help request just now to get the UltraSceneryXT page corrected. I wonder if Daz will fix it.

@druc, if you need 3Delight, you should return it for a refund, siting the incorrect product information.

Thanks for the advice. The money's spent and I hope to one day have a PC capable of rendering in Iray without having to have my PC take several days to render a scene only to find the light was not correct or with UltraScenery find there is a shrub or bush in front of the character.

The simple fact is this product and UltraScenery are magnificent, thank you HowieFarkes your products are fantastic. At this time I will settle for inferior renders converting UltraScenery to 3DL because sooner or later I will have a PC upgrade. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

why are the trees ened in the same place and only cover that area? I tried 2 different types of forest and have the same result. These were rendered like they are to create a 360 environment. 

360test6.jpg
    3600 x 1800 - 5M
    360test7.jpg
    3600 x 1800 - 6M
  • daveso said:

why are the trees ened in the same place and only cover that area? I tried 2 different types of forest and have the same result. These were rendered like they are to create a 360 environment. 

You probably need to set the "Restrict to Camera" setting to "no restriction" in the Biome section. The code clearly doesn't understand 360 cameras so is using the preview camera to restrict the vegetation.
  • MelanieL said:

Martinjfrost said:

MelanieL said:

Jungle pic 

I see that the bundle is up for today. Yay! 

• Hi all, is there somewhere I can read the licensing for UltraScenery please? I need to know if it includes permission to make 2D products, like backgrounds and posters, to be sold?

• 3DScreencraft said:

Hi all, is there somewhere I can read the licensing for UltraScenery please? I need to know if it includes permission to make 2D products, like backgrounds and posters, to be sold?

That is overed by the standard Daz license agreement here https://www.daz3d.com/daz-licenses

• Brilliant, thanks Richard, that covers it. :)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

You probably need to set the "Restrict to Camera" setting to "no restriction" in the Biome section. The code clearly doesn't understand 360 cameras so is using the preview camera to restrict the vegetation.

thank you. That was the problem 

• Hi all. I'm looking to repurchase UltrasceneryXT after I returned it as did not have 3dl mats as the product page stated. Am in the process of upgrading my PC with just the video card to go and the new setup will be able to use Iray so XT would be usable. 

My question for you is, is it possible to create an area in the middle of an XT scenery where an original Ultrascenery landscape/any other landscape could sit, surrounded by XT hills and trees. 

Cheers, Lorraine

• lorraineopua said:

Hi all. I'm looking to repurchase UltrasceneryXT after I returned it as did not have 3dl mats as the product page stated. Am in the process of upgrading my PC with just the video card to go and the new setup will be able to use Iray so XT would be usable. 

My question for you is, is it possible to create an area in the middle of an XT scenery where an original Ultrascenery landscape/any other landscape could sit, surrounded by XT hills and trees. 

Cheers, Lorraine

It is certainly possible. @Barbult or any of the other experts should be able to give you pointers.

lorraineopua said:

Hi all. I'm looking to repurchase UltrasceneryXT after I returned it as did not have 3dl mats as the product page stated. Am in the process of upgrading my PC with just the video card to go and the new setup will be able to use Iray so XT would be usable. 

Cheers, Lorraine

Yes, it is possible, but I find it easier to put the UltraScenery landscape in front of the UltraSceneryXT than in the middle of it. I don't need UltraScenryXT behind my camera. If you were doing a 360 degree render or multiple cameras looking in opposite directions, then I guess you would need to put Your closeup landscape in the middle of XT.

• goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited August 2022

When I first saw this 49" Super-Mega-Ridiculously-Wide  Screen display, I laughed sarcastically.  Then after a couple months of noodling it over I went ahead and picked one up and WHOA! It is so freaking AWESOME!  First thing I thought to do was re-render one of my Ultra Scenery + US XT scenes to use as a background.  I LOVE IT!

REF:  Samsung 49" Curved widescreen.  C49RG9x   Resolution:  5120 x 1440

20220824_225227.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by [email protected] on

Very nice!!!!

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Gogger said:

When I first saw this 49" Super-Mega-Ridiculously-Wide  Screen display, I laughed sarcastically.  Then after a couple months of noodling it over I went ahead and picked one up and WHOA! It is so freaking AWESOME!  First thing I thought to do was re-render one of my Ultra Scenery + US XT scenes.  I LOVE IT!

REF:  Samsung 49" Curved widescreen.  C49RG9x   Resolution:  5120 x 1440

Oh my.  Oh Jeez. 

I mean, it would fit.

Dang it!

(I dont need it.  I don't need it.  I don't need it...)