Marshian has released:

https://www.daz3d.com/mountain-cavern-for-ultrasceneryxt

Looks awesome.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137

Artini said:

Marshian has released:

Looks awesome.

I think Marshian has more imagination than any other PA --- well probably tied with RawArt.

I'm up early today. I just sent my husband and a friend off to Burning Man. They have early access passes to help set up the camp. In 2019 they left Black Rock City early and came home, because both wives were home alone, and category 5 hurricane Dorian was headed straight for us. At the last minute the hurricane veered slightly north and we were OK. I hope there is no repeat of that this year.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505

(I dont need it.  I don't need it.  I don't need it...)

In Sweden we have a a word for that feeling villhöver, made from the wordss want and need, so in English it would be I weed this, but sorry to say someone used the word weed for other things, but you get the concept ;-)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,729
    edited August 2022

No space for it, really no space for it!

But, I have this in my cart now. Found an add-on for UltraSceneryXT snuck in today!

Just saw page 30.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • Totte said:

(I dont need it.  I don't need it.  I don't need it...)

In Sweden we have a a word for that feeling villhöver, made from the wordss want and need, so in English it would be I weed this, but sorry to say someone used the word weed for other things, but you get the concept ;-)

Nant? Neant?

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Artini said:

Marshian has released:

Looks awesome.

But, from just reading the description and file list, I am wondering what (apart from the texturs / shaders) is UltraSceneryXT-related? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Artini said:

Marshian has released:

Looks awesome.

But, from just reading the description and file list, I am wondering what (apart from the texturs / shaders) is UltraSceneryXT-related? 

My guess is that he used UltraSceneryXT to create the terrain. I don't see anything to indicate that it is a preset for UltraSceneryXT that we could modify.

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

Autobuy for me, because it looks great, I always need new caves and it wasn't priced poorly, but I was so hoping for an cave setup for Ultrascenery that would give me an infinite amount of caves. :)

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

barbult said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Artini said:

Marshian has released:

Looks awesome.

My guess is that he used UltraSceneryXT to create the terrain. I don't see anything to indicate that it is a preset for UltraSceneryXT that we could modify.

Barbult,

I think you're largely right. I've unzipped my manual installer and there are no components that fit inside the USXT folder. It sits in its own directory outside the main product and is loaded by a dedicated .duf file. 

I don't have time to do any renders today but I hope to post something tomorrow. I also want to go exploring the tropics. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Mountain Cavern 1.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 259K
    Mountain Cavern 2.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 431K

I would be interested in this. I am unable to load any Ultrascenery XT product onto my MacBookPro M1 as it is not compatible. So I skipped it in DIM. But if it is free standing, maybe it will work?

But, I would hesitate to try. I was rendering two days ago on that pesky machine after hours of downloading and another render, and it decided to crash D|S and I had to recover the hard drive. I now have to remember to work in small batches on it with just normal products.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

memcneil70 said:

I would be interested in this. I am unable to load any Ultrascenery XT product onto my MacBookPro M1 as it is not compatible. So I skipped it in DIM. But if it is free standing, maybe it will work?

But, I would hesitate to try. I was rendering two days ago on that pesky machine after hours of downloading and another render, and it decided to crash D|S and I had to recover the hard drive. I now have to remember to work in small batches on it with just normal products.

I don't think its totally free standing. The shop page does state that the main USXT is required. 

Cheers,

Alex.  

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,426

in the readme for the caverns it states the XT textures are required, it i'm reading it correctly. 
    Mountain Cavern for UltraSceneryXT [Documentation Center] (daz3d.com)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,426

it would be cool if the ecology from XT or USC could be added inside the covern. 

Thanks, so I will use it on my Win10 computers only.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787

Yes, I have tested it.

There is a big scene with multiple camera presets included,

and the only thing needed from USXT are textures.

Would be really cool to have some USXT presets available, as well.

• RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 256

Are there plans to re-evaluate support on Apple M1/M2 after DS 5.x is out?

• Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94
    edited August 2022

Gogger said:

When I first saw this 49" Super-Mega-Ridiculously-Wide  Screen display, I laughed sarcastically.  Then after a couple months of noodling it over I went ahead and picked one up and WHOA! It is so freaking AWESOME!  First thing I thought to do was re-render one of my Ultra Scenery + US XT scenes to use as a background.  I LOVE IT!

REF:  Samsung 49" Curved widescreen.  C49RG9x   Resolution:  5120 x 1440

wink But you should enlarge the mouse arrow and color it. Otherwise you keep looking for it. laugh

IMG_20220827_054703.jpg
    5120 x 3840 - 5M
    IMG_20220827_054653.jpg
    5120 x 3840 - 3M
    Post edited by Norman_R on
  • RangerRick said:

There could potentially be M1/M2 version before DS5 is released (depending on when I can manage to get hold of a recent Mac) But there will definitely be DS5 version whenever that is…
  • RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 256

HowieFarkes said:

RangerRick said:

There could potentially be M1/M2 version before DS5 is released (depending on when I can manage to get hold of a recent Mac) But there will definitely be DS5 version whenever that is…

Thanks, that's great news!

• I have done a couple of iterations of a view. Between two of them I only changed the 'Left Hand:Grip Fingers' slider. But, when looking at the two images, there is a huge difference in the MtVernon background trees. Is this expected behaviour of USXT. I was aware that the trees are regenerated every time the render is done, but I had imagined from the same view without touching anything to do with the seed, you'd get the same tree pattern. This doesn't seem to have happened. As I said, is this expected? Regards, Richard.
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

Norman_R said:

Gogger said:

When I first saw this 49" Super-Mega-Ridiculously-Wide  Screen display, I laughed sarcastically.  Then after a couple months of noodling it over I went ahead and picked one up and WHOA! It is so freaking AWESOME!  First thing I thought to do was re-render one of my Ultra Scenery + US XT scenes to use as a background.  I LOVE IT!

REF:  Samsung 49" Curved widescreen.  C49RG9x   Resolution:  5120 x 1440

wink But you should enlarge the mouse arrow and color it. Otherwise you keep looking for it. laugh

Yeah for a while there I had an extra mouse and keyboard - one at each end of the monitor. Ha ha!
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,027
    edited September 2022

RangerRick said:

hahahaha ... as the song goes, "that'll be the day I die" .... generally (not a vendor specific comment), the MAC is woefully neglected, but that will change in the future .... I think .... so may the song is wrong?

Post edited by mcorr on
  • Experimenting with a combination of UltrasceneryXT for the background and Ultrascenery for the foreground:

For a list of all assets see in the gallery

Nice composition.

• Artini said:

Nice composition.

Thank you very much  @Artini

• I use an M1 Mac and would very much like to use UltrasceneryXT. Is there anyway to do this or a fix/workaround on the horizon?

• @HowieFarks

I have previously done all of my large scale terrains in World Machine, which can produce optimized meshes averaging 8km squared without taxing Daz greatly. What it did not give me was a way to add anything like Ecologies. Is there any way UXT could accept such a mesh as a base foor adding Ecologies? It would be so much help if that were posssible. I don't have a good way to match my terrains with a 100m limit (though an Ecology around that scale would probably work in most cases). 

• At the moment, I'd be happy if I could just create a US terrain inset from a UXT terrain with matching heights. It'd be wonderful if some kind of script or utility could be added for those of us who use both products in our scenes. 

• avmorganavmorgan Posts: 203
    edited September 2022

Not trying to bomb the thread or anything, I just have these questions that pop up while I'm waiting on renders or builds... I spent much of today working out a way to nest a USC terrain in a USCXT terrain. When I started to move on, I discovered that there's a marked difference in the scale of trees (today, mostly pine varieties) in each terrain type. I've tried various pines from Pacific Northwest and Pines with Preset 01 Vernon, but did not try out other presets to avoid overwriting the terrain I've already created. 

Edit: I finally noticed the scale and spacing options in the USCXT pane, and did a little adjusting and test rendering until I was getting a better match for USC trees (the smaller of the Pines at the moment). Now I need to get the tree colors to match better. It would also be nice to be able to modify the USC ground texture, but first I need to figure out how the shader blends the ground materials together.

Screenshot 2022-09-22 031635.png
    767 x 1058 - 174K
    UXT2US 220921 mix 002.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    UXT2US 220921 mix 006.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by avmorgan on

You could put a custom height map into UltraSceneryXT.

Maybe World Machine can export them.