• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:
    Iradium. :bug:

I'm soooooooo downloading the BETA tonight.. gootta test it! :cheese:

I wonder if DAZ will keep 3Delight, and if the existing 3Delight shaders will migrate somehow... :-S Is a puzzlement.

I hope they keep 3Delight. I don't have a monster that can use that other thing. I only have a Core2 Duo. And my nVidea card only has one Gig of RAM. I don't think DAZ3D would want to push away most of their users. I doubt that many have super-duper computer setups. Maybe I'm wrong.

Dana

Yes both render engines will be there, so you can use 3Delight still. And if your card is not up to it, or you have a Radeon card then you can still use Iray, but only as a CPU renderer without the GPU acceleration.

does the new thingee use the RSL shader language?
    i just ordered a book couple days ago. hasn't even been delivered yet

That sounds like a question you need to ask in the Official Thread

There are 2 DAZ_People answering questions in there.

No, Iray isn't a Renderman Compliant engine. It does have its own Shader Mixer bricks, though the behaviour of surfaces is - as I understand it - less customisable; you can however, in theory, use it for procedural patterns or to mix materials where the geometry doesn't allow the use of separate zones.

the content vendors will be busy, multi shader systems.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

complaint: USB wireless adapter is disconnecting from the computer while I am trying to read about Nvidia Iray. Maybe it is overheating? The adapter feels hot. It also doesn't have any ventilation holes to let the heat escape easily.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    TroutFace said:

I wonder if DAZ will keep 3Delight, and if the existing 3Delight shaders will migrate somehow... :-S Is a puzzlement.

Complaint: I got rained on coming in to work. :shut:

Non-complaints: Going to reach 67F today, 70Fs later this week, it's finally SPRING! :cheese: That means more walking, more exploring, more exercise! :cheese:

"Sippitying coffee and getting back into "work mode".. :coolsmile:

...yes an updated 3DL is still part of the application as well.

-----

...ah chohole beat me to it.

Yeah, I suspect I'll use 3DL for effectsy stuff and the NVidia thing for photoreal stuff. Hourses for courses and all! :coolsmile:

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited March 2015

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

I hope they keep 3Delight. I don't have a monster that can use that other thing. I only have a Core2 Duo. And my nVidea card only has one Gig of RAM. I don't think DAZ3D would want to push away most of their users. I doubt that many have super-duper computer setups. Maybe I'm wrong.

Dana

Yes both render engines will be there, so you can use 3Delight still. And if your card is not up to it, or you have a Radeon card then you can still use Iray, but only as a CPU renderer without the GPU acceleration.

Wait wha..? Iray?! THIS Iray?? :gulp:
    I'd hope Carrara gets that too if that's the same Iray we're talking about :)

Even if I'm not really using it anymore hehe, it'd still be cool to see. Iray's $630 for Cinema 4D, 'bout the same I paid for Maxwell I think. Got that one on sale though so... (Render Engine hoarder :lol: )

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:
    I laughed for a good full minute upon seeing this.... XD

Why? I guess there's something I don't get.

Dana

I just find cross-overs like this enjoyable and amusing, and seeing my two favorite franchises mashed together like this, especially so well... I was just like HA! That's awesome!.

So it was less laughing because it was funny/stupid, but more like.... Eh hard to explain :lol:

Another cross-over I found fairly amusing (And unique!)
    How to Train Your Dragon + Dragon's Dogma

Two installments that you'd never really expect to mix well, but who cares it's fun :)

how-to-train-your-dragons-dogma.jpg
    500 x 393 - 79K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,182
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:
    I laughed for a good full minute upon seeing this.... XD

Why? I guess there's something I don't get.

Dana

I just find cross-overs like this enjoyable and amusing, and seeing my two favorite franchises mashed together like this, especially so well... I was just like HA! That's awesome!.

So it was less laughing because it was funny/stupid, but more like.... Eh hard to explain :lol:

Another cross-over I found fairly amusing (And unique!)
    How to Train Your Dragon + Dragon's Dogma

Two installments that you'd never really expect to mix well, but who cares it's fun :)

Oh, I see. Which is to say I've never seen any of these things. :smirk:

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

Yes

edited March 2015

Rezca said:
    chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

Yes

Well now, that is quite the uh... Quite a surprise to say the least.
    All DS needs now is modeling and they can safely drop Carrara as aproduct - won't have any need for it if D|S can do all that but better.

But wow, Iray. Was not expecting that at all. Still on my Render Engine Wishlist hehe, not that I do much 3D anymore anyway but still.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Golden sun tinting tile and tin roofs and glass wall towers with a touch of Midas magic against eggshell blue sky an hour or so after dawn :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited March 2015

...even with the addition of modelling, they can't drop Carrara as Daz Studio is not designed to handle large environment sets and scenery generation.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...even with the addition of modelling, they can't drop Carrara as Daz Studio is not designed to handle large environment sets and scenery generation.

Not yet at any rate.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2015

Rezca said:
    chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

Even if I'm not really using it anymore hehe, it'd still be cool to see. Iray's $630 for Cinema 4D, 'bout the same I paid for Maxwell I think. Got that one on sale though so... (Render Engine hoarder :lol: )

http://www.wkrg.com/story/28346485/daz-3d-first-company-to-make-nvidia-iray-2015-available-to-public

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    New router must be working straight out of the box non complaint :) Couldn't buy one naked, they all seem to come with wireless so the only issue was disabling all that. Hopes I did anyhow :lol:

It's pretty simple with my Netgear Dual Band router...just don't push the button for WiFi. I am still using the Gigabit ethernet connection for my computer. But my new Epson printer is WiFi and I'm amazed. Click the Print button and it starts printing immediately! Maybe WiFi N is faster than gigabit wired. Even my old USB printer wasn't that quick, and it was connected directly to the computer.

Dana

Using wireless for all the phones and pads on a segmented network with another wifi N router that handles air printing. Sometimes the fine print about security runs to five or six pages on the contracts I do, leaving the studio subnet wired and (theoretically) unreachable from outside means I don't have to sweat it too much :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Rezca said:
    chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

http://www.wkrg.com/story/28346485/daz-3d-first-company-to-make-nvidia-iray-2015-available-to-public

Well that's pretty cool news, is it D|S-specific or is it an external thing?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    chohole said:
    Rezca said:
    chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

Well that's pretty cool news, is it D|S-specific or is it an external thing?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53671/

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

What if there is a book called Fifty Shaders of iRay?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited March 2015

stuffed on pasta :lol: phffshoo

no silver spoons or wooden spoons. pinched in salt. frothed over :shut:

whine - no wanna ride the bus tomorrow. no wanna walk to the bus. stuck. no way out no way out (- tesla song)

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Well I have a friend who would be excited to hear this, though don't think I'll be getting much use out of it myself :lol:

edited December 1969

Or 50 Shadows of K-Ray :lol:

edited December 1969

:-P %-P

Dana

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

does the new thingee use the RSL shader language?
    i just ordered a book couple days ago. hasn't even been delivered yet

You will want to see here then http://www.fundza.com

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    OMG I had 52 plays in the past week, 117 in the past two weeks. :bug: :gulp:

I must be doing something right... :red:

Both my tracks got accepted for the compilation, so sometime in the next 30 days we'll have a HUGE collection.. over 50 tracks! :ahhh:

oh yay *\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*\0/*

edited December 1969

Eeeee such cute little draggies

komodo-2.png
    84 x 150 - 21K
    argon-lizard-2.png
    201 x 236 - 53K
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

I hear there's a book, internal to DAZ, about how to sell content..

..it's called..

50 Shades Of Pay

:ahhh: :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

The big one has sharp teeth! :bug:

edited December 1969

i am tempted to make a product and call it fifty shaders of daz studio and a matching product called fifty shakers of poser.

edited December 1969

i am tempted to make a product and call it fifty shaders of daz studio and a matching product called fifty shakers of poser.

I bet they'd sell! :smirk:

I'm going to write a book about egg farming called "50 Shades Of Lay" :ahhh:

edited December 1969

or better yet, fifty shaders of grey which is a pack of fifty grey shaders.

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    Rezca said:

The big one has sharp teeth! :bug:

so do iguanas. i had a pet iguana once and those teeth of hers were sharp. she bit me a couple times. she was vegan because all she ate was leafy greens and fruit. guess one needs sharp teeth to eat leaves. of course i mainly gave her fresh collard greens and similar veggies. but no spinach as i was told it would give her tummy problems.

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I hear there's a book, internal to DAZ, about how to sell content..

..it's called..

50 Shades Of Pay

:ahhh: :ahhh:

:-P :lol:

Dana

This discussion has been closed.