There is Snow in my Dinosaur's Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited March 2015

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    octacores? ooo octacores. i haven't built a pc since the pentium4 days.

i like the starting music from zoo tycoon. giving myself 150,000 to start my zoo, marine mania, dinosaur diggs :) several giftshop options

...my next build (when I can secure the funding) will be a dual Octacore system. 32 CPU threads. That might even be enough to make even Reality/Lux render a scene in less than a day.

E5 v3's are looking good for a renderbeast
    http://www.extremetech.com/computing/189518-intels-new-18-core-haswell-xeon-chips-will-try-to-preempt-the-arm-server-onslaught
    ...yeah, but those are for when I win the Megabucks lotto. The projected cost for the E5-2699 V3 is around 4,200USD

At around 670$ for each 8 core Xeon is a bit more "affordable", Yeah, I'll only have 32 instead of 72 processing threads. but it's still 4 x what I have available now.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    TroutFace said:
    Got a GIANT INSECT problem> No worries, call VICKY'S EXTERMINATION SERVICE!

VICKY KILLS BUGS DEAD!! :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

whoa great :lol: and almost as big as the bugs here :lol:

..almost.. :bug: :bug:

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:

SnowSultan once made a Smacky render of her looking somewhat exhausted after killing a giant spider. I said the caption should be, "Oh, was this your pet? My bad!" :lol:

Oddly enough, one of the best exercises you can do to prevent lower back pain is called the Dead Bug. You lie on your back on the floor, or on an exercise mat, then make crawling motions with your arms and legs, like a bug that whiffed too much Raid...

I've heard something like that.. might have to give it a shot! *crawl crawl*

• donahue_shelly@yahoo.com[email protected] Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Long day. Was ok, just long and a bit tedious.

But enough about boring work stuff. Lets post some story stuff.

This was the last one posted.

89-forestp.jpg
    1266 x 842 - 1016K
    edited December 1969

Dragon: There's a monkey on my horn!

90-forest-2.jpg
    1266 x 842 - 956K
    edited December 1969

Wham!

91-forest.jpg
    1266 x 842 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Here comes Reld!

92-forest.jpg
    1266 x 842 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Samuel's thoughts, 'Why did I think this was a good idea again?!'

93-forest.jpg
    1266 x 842 - 972K
    edited March 2015

Oh, hey Reld, good to see you.
    (look, Samuel's cell phone is still not broken, must work harder on that)

End of update. Will post some on Wednesday or Thursday.

94-forest.jpg
    1266 x 842 - 955K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,182
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Dang-nabbit!

Somebody put a $4200 charge on my credit card.

My only credit card.

The good news is the bank cancelled the $4200 charge.

The bad news is the card is now cancelled, so I can't buy anything in March Madness until I get the new card... and I was going to pick up Blooming Alley and Honey Bolt, and get the Holo Map Console for free. >:-(

(I've deleted the card from my account here, and I'll add the new card once I know the number.)

Sorry to hear about that, Rob! There have been others lately with the same complaint. Use PayPal!

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Dang-nabbit!

Somebody put a $4200 charge on my credit card.

My only credit card.

The good news is the bank cancelled the $4200 charge.

The bad news is the card is now cancelled, so I can't buy anything in March Madness until I get the new card... and I was going to pick up Blooming Alley and Honey Bolt, and get the Holo Map Console for free. >:-(

(I've deleted the card from my account here, and I'll add the new card once I know the number.)

visa gift cards for online shopping. fee worth the peace of mind. https://www.gowallet.com/ - this brand haz no troubles for daz, rosity, rdna, rot'ca, starbucks :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    octacores? ooo octacores. i haven't built a pc since the pentium4 days.

i like the starting music from zoo tycoon. giving myself 150,000 to start my zoo, marine mania, dinosaur diggs :) several giftshop options

...my next build (when I can secure the funding) will be a dual Octacore system. 32 CPU threads. That might even be enough to make even Reality/Lux render a scene in less than a day.

E5 v3's are looking good for a renderbeast
    http://www.extremetech.com/computing/189518-intels-new-18-core-haswell-xeon-chips-will-try-to-preempt-the-arm-server-onslaught
    ...yeah, but those are for when I win the Megabucks lotto. The projected cost for the E5-2699 V3 is around 4,200USD

At around 670$ for each 8 core Xeon is a bit more "affordable", Yeah, I'll only have 32 instead of 72 processing threads. but it's still 4 x what I have available now.

>.< got sucked in to reading comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Hey great thanks been hanging out for more Reid & friends, they sire get themselves into sticky situations :)

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    ps1borg said:
    TroutFace said:

whoa great :lol: and almost as big as the bugs here :lol:

..almost.. :bug: :bug:

Mosquitos are so big in thse parts they have their own postcodes :lol:

edited December 1969

trying to think how to make the gis sets more steampunkish ?

happier with this render, but the color pallette isn't in harmony
    it's not post layered, is rendered all together

106d-2.png
    600 x 400 - 383K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Hey great thanks been hanging out for more Reid & friends, they sire get themselves into sticky situations :)

I believe that's Reld (it's an L not an I). At least I think so.

Dana

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

+1 :)

edited December 1969

Interesting. Do those glyphs on the walls glow, or are they just a bright blue?

Dana

edited March 2015

...for those who haven't seen the notice, Daz just released the 4.8.0.4 beta is out which included the NVidia IRay render engine. Yes Unbiased rendering in Daz Studio without the need of a plugin or bridge. The catch, you need a fairly decent Nvidia GPU (at least 4 GB VRAM) for the best performance. While it has both GPU and CPU rendering modes it doesn't have a hybrid mode which uses both, you have to chose one or the other. CPU render times are on par with 3DL based on lights and complexity of the scene being rendered.

Faster than Reality/Luxus and LuxRender in pure CPU mode, but still not as fast as Octane even in Out of Core mode.

Also not sure what else may have been broken like AoA's Advanced Light flagging, Atmospheric Cameras and Graphic Art Cameras were after 4.7 was released.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...for those who haven't seen the notice, Daz just released the 4.8.0.4 beta is out which included the NVidia IRay render engine. Yes Unbiased rendering in Daz Studio without the need of a plugin or bridge. The catch, you need a fairly decent Nvidia GPU (at least 4 GB VRAM) for the best performance. While it has both GPU and CPU rendering modes it doesn't have a hybrid mode which uses both, you have to chose one or the other. CPU render times are on par with 3DL based on lights and complexity of the scene being rendered.

Faster than Reality/Luxus and LuxRender in pure CPU mode, but still not as fast as Octane even in Out of Core mode.

Also not sure what else may have been broken like AoA's Advanced Light flagging, Atmospheric Cameras and Graphic Art Cameras were after 4.7 was released.

It does have a hybrid mode, you don't have to choose CPU or GPU (and if you have multiple CPU's/GPU's you can specify which ones to use). It doesn't have an out-of-core mode like Octane, so if the scene gets too big for your GPU then the GPU drops out (or if you have multiple GPU's with different amounts of VRAM, the ones that don't have enough memory drop out).

edited March 2015

...Out of Core sounds more "stable" than straight hybrid CPU/GPU which Lux abandoned due to various issues and lack of a noticeable increase in performance.

Also that means you cannot assign the GPU with lower VRAM to the geometry and the one with higher VRAM to textures Which usually take up the most memory).. So you to get the best performance and results you still need a fairly robust (expensive) GPU.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,075
    edited December 1969

No idea what I'm doing, but I managed to get this out of Iray. :)

Caitlyn_Iray.jpg
    833 x 1000 - 373K
    edited December 1969

...this may be the first time since Daz3.0 that I ever considered installing a beta release. Manually downloaded the 4.7 installer just in case something gets messed up. My on concern is what else might have conflicts (even using just 3DL) considering what occurred to AoA's lights and cameras. after the 4.7 release.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Another broke router complaint, this time an eight y/o Linksys that served us real well :(

edited December 1969

Hey looks great :)
    rusty, brassy, copper-y details and sssssteam :lol:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

I believe that's Reld (it's an L not an I). At least I think so.

Dana

Been fat fingering the l forever :lol:

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

My 12GB of AMD VRAM misses out woes, must be a bit trickier/less exemplified to program

edited December 1969

New router must be working straight out of the box non complaint :) Couldn't buy one naked, they all seem to come with wireless so the only issue was disabling all that. Hopes I did anyhow :lol:

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

I laughed for a good full minute upon seeing this.... XD

cloti_halo_crossover_by_drassenov-d62u8n9.jpg
    800 x 513 - 130K
This discussion has been closed.