There is Snow in my Dinosaur's Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

it's dark out. no wanna go out there to worksies

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Is dark here as well at 21:45, a real clear night you can see some stars past the glow if city lights :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I laughed for a good full minute upon seeing this.... XD

Is Halo and ...something..?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Is dark here as well at 21:45, a real clear night you can see some stars past the glow if city lights :)

remembering flutterby cookies helped me make it to worksie :lol:

edited December 1969

yesterday, i woulda been thrilled with a quad core. but octacore is in my dreams now. starlight starbright i wish i may i wish i might, more cores!

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Cloud and Tifa from Final Fantasy VII :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    trying to think how to make the gis sets more steampunkish ?

happier with this render, but the color pallette isn't in harmony
    it's not post layered, is rendered all together

Interesting. Do those glyphs on the walls glow, or are they just a bright blue?

Dana

didn't look at the shader, but i assume is ambient glow

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Cloud and Tifa from Final Fantasy VII :)

have you heard anything about a remake for VII?

thanks. :)

• donahue_shelly@yahoo.com[email protected] Posts: 763
    edited March 2015

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Oh, hey Reld, good to see you.
    (look, Samuel's cell phone is still not broken, must work harder on that)

End of update. Will post some on Wednesday or Thursday.

Hey great thanks been hanging out for more Reid & friends, they sire get themselves into sticky situations :)

I believe that's Reld (it's an L not an I). At least I think so.

Dana

Been fat fingering the l forever :lol:

It is indeed spelled with an L but I never minded since the name came about because I misread Reid Street one foggy morning :P Even now, I still see that street as Reld.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Iradium. :bug:

I'm soooooooo downloading the BETA tonight.. gootta test it! :cheese:

I wonder if DAZ will keep 3Delight, and if the existing 3Delight shaders will migrate somehow... :-S Is a puzzlement.

Complaint: I got rained on coming in to work. :shut:

Non-complaints: Going to reach 67F today, 70Fs later this week, it's finally SPRING! :cheese: That means more walking, more exploring, more exercise! :cheese:

"Sippitying coffee and getting back into "work mode".. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

My next laptop, which will be used for game development and DAZ 4.8 rendering:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314820

Should take me about a month to save up. *cry*

No going out until I have THE MACHINE! :vampire:

And my main laptop is starting to act up.. but it's just for music so it will be cheaper.. :blank:

I see lots of beer at home and long walks at downtown parks for my "going out". :long:

edited December 1969

OMG I had 52 plays in the past week, 117 in the past two weeks. :bug: :gulp:

I must be doing something right... :red:

Both my tracks got accepted for the compilation, so sometime in the next 30 days we'll have a HUGE collection.. over 50 tracks! :ahhh:

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,182
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    No idea what I'm doing, but I managed to get this out of Iray. :)

Very nice. The skin looks nice, almost glowing.

Dana

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Yes, saw that last night. That makes two "stars" from two of my favorite shows within two weeks. I've loved The Simpsons since the very beginning.

Dana

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    New router must be working straight out of the box non complaint :) Couldn't buy one naked, they all seem to come with wireless so the only issue was disabling all that. Hopes I did anyhow :lol:

It's pretty simple with my Netgear Dual Band router...just don't push the button for WiFi. I am still using the Gigabit ethernet connection for my computer. But my new Epson printer is WiFi and I'm amazed. Click the Print button and it starts printing immediately! Maybe WiFi N is faster than gigabit wired. Even my old USB printer wasn't that quick, and it was connected directly to the computer.

Dana

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Why? I guess there's something I don't get.

Dana

edited March 2015

oh soo aggravated

i want the cell range, in this case 1 cell and the value.

so far me.name is the only msg not booping at me.

ah :lol: half way there

halfway.JPG
    878 x 631 - 93K
    stuck.JPG
    938 x 523 - 88K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:

I wonder if DAZ will keep 3Delight, and if the existing 3Delight shaders will migrate somehow... :-S Is a puzzlement.

I hope they keep 3Delight. I don't have a monster that can use that other thing. I only have a Core2 Duo. And my nVidea card only has one Gig of RAM. I don't think DAZ3D would want to push away most of their users. I doubt that many have super-duper computer setups. Maybe I'm wrong.

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

I hope they keep 3Delight. I don't have a monster that can use that other thing. I only have a Core2 Duo. And my nVidea card only has one Gig of RAM. I don't think DAZ3D would want to push away most of their users. I doubt that many have super-duper computer setups. Maybe I'm wrong.

Dana

Yes both render engines will be there, so you can use 3Delight still. And if your card is not up to it, or you have a Radeon card then you can still use Iray, but only as a CPU renderer without the GPU acceleration.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

Yes both render engines will be there, so you can use 3Delight still. And if your card is not up to it, or you have a Radeon card then you can still use Iray, but only as a CPU renderer without the GPU acceleration.

does the new thingee use the RSL shader language?
    i just ordered a book couple days ago. hasn't even been delivered yet

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

That sounds like a question you need to ask in the Official Thread

There are 2 DAZ_People answering questions in there.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

What is everyone talking about? I missed the announcement. I should follow the link that chohole posted.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    i keep tums within reach. life would be torture without em.

one time, i heard theres a thing you can put in a pot of boiling pasta, would stop the water from foaming over, as happens when pasta is too starchy

...I place a large wooden spoon across the top of the pot, and it works. Trick I learned from "Life hacks".

That's cheaper than what I use...a sterling silver spoon. I just stick in down in the water though, not across the pot.

edited December 1969

To celebrate the new engine and new Studio, they're giving 10% off Gift Cards! Just thought some of you might want to know.

Dana

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:

Dana

That sounds like a question you need to ask in the Official Thread

There are 2 DAZ_People answering questions in there.

No, Iray isn't a Renderman Compliant engine. It does have its own Shader Mixer bricks, though the behaviour of surfaces is - as I understand it - less customisable; you can however, in theory, use it for procedural patterns or to mix materials where the geometry doesn't allow the use of separate zones.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,075
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    i keep tums within reach. life would be torture without em.

one time, i heard theres a thing you can put in a pot of boiling pasta, would stop the water from foaming over, as happens when pasta is too starchy

...I place a large wooden spoon across the top of the pot, and it works. Trick I learned from "Life hacks".

That's cheaper than what I use...a sterling silver spoon. I just stick in down in the water though, not across the pot.
    I used to put in a pinch of salt for that.
    And a bit of cooking oil to keep the pasta from sticking together, :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:

Why? I guess there's something I don't get.

Dana

I was wondering the same thing but thought it was because i was using a small screen to look at it with.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited March 2015

TroutFace said:

Complaint: I got rained on coming in to work. :shut:

Non-complaints: Going to reach 67F today, 70Fs later this week, it's finally SPRING! :cheese: That means more walking, more exploring, more exercise! :cheese:

"Sippitying coffee and getting back into "work mode".. :coolsmile:

...yes an updated 3DL is still part of the application as well.

-----

...ah chohole beat me to it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited March 2015

...bugger, all this activity on the 4.8 Beta and Unbiased Renders threads has been slowing the forums down something fierce

There were 11 pages on the Beta thread when I turned in last night, this morning there are 26.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

oh i hate excel. for this kind of aggravation, coulda used visio.

so far found out the AMD FX octacore needs a m/b AM3 socket. power supply, dunno, need it to support sata iii ssd. :)
    octacores gonna run hot, cpu fan won't be enough. without hard drives it'll run quieter.

This discussion has been closed.