Website Testing and Updates - Navigation

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@sky77 Someone mentioned on my thread (Art Studio) that when they were not logged in, they got the old version. I still have the white pages, thank goodness, so I haven't tested that. 

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited February 2022

Novica said:

@sky77 Someone mentioned on my thread (Art Studio) that when they were not logged in, they got the old version. I still have the white pages, thank goodness, so I haven't tested that. 

@Novica, good to know!   It may have to do in a pinch.  Too bad that would also mean my purchased items and wishlisted items wouldn't show up.  Oh well... hopefully one of the webpage designers are reading this thread and keeping notes for the next update.  wink

Just out of curiosity, what browser are you using so that you still have the white pages?

(edit:  Yup, just tested it.  Signing off does bring you back to the old version... weird, but not complaining)

Post edited by Sky77 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited February 2022

Novica said:

...I am signed in and get them now.  Not sure why, but then, not complaining.

Running Chrome.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Sky77 said:

Just out of curiosity, what browser are you using so that you still have the white pages?

I am also Chrome 

• I want the old ones back crying

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069

Interesting. I'm on Firefox 96.0.3 (Wndows 7) and still getting the white background (old) format pages. If I log out I get the new forrmat - but if I reload the tab it's back to the old format.

• Ati said:

PerttiA said:

Ati said:

PerttiA said:

And as expected DAZ Deals don't work with the new pages... No readme's, no links to forum...

It does. Or at least it should. Make sure you are running the latest version. 

Version 2.5.1 on Yandex 

Version 3.x is the one that works with the new store design. Version 3.0.4 is the latest that works with the new product pages as well.

I have Version 3.0.4 in Chrome and it doesn't work for me. Can someone show me a screenshot of it working in the new layout? 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158
    edited February 2022

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for @MargyThunderstorm but here's an example (Chrome browser)

Capture.JPG
    1070 x 905 - 117K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

...I know this thread is about the store but something seriously needs to be addressed regarding the forums servers.  Had multiple repetitive 504 errors just a short while ago.

A couple weeks ago the forums were down all weekend. It is deftly on DAZ's end as every time it occurs Cloudflare is indicated as working.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,738
    edited February 2022

It looks like the html contains the same code for both versions so it seems that it's just a matter of changing one or more parameters to select which one is displayed in the browser, so if DAZ is smart they keep it that way and make it possible to choose which version you want. 

Post edited by Taoz on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158

Now wouldn't that be nice....

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,260

I used to get it to switch back and forth with a simple refresh (F5), but now I only get the old version in MS-Edge, and old or new randomly in Firefox. I do use NoScript on both to avoid the snoops at various tracking sites, so maybe there's a tag in there that is not getting through.

• MelanieL said:

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for @MargyThunderstorm but here's an example (Chrome browser)

Thank you, that's what I wanted to see. I'm sad it doesnt' work for me, because I don't know the reason. :( 

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 163
    edited February 2022

Are you trying to look like Renderosity?

A third of the Page is Margins.

Header is as clear as black and white... no gray and white... no light gray and grey.

One third of the header is dedicated to the Product Title...which gets wrapped... and isn't the largest font on the page in the font size hierarchy. The other 2 thirds is just for the price, wishlist heart, and purchase info button.

The Main Product Image is now above any product compatiblities or requirements so you have to scroll down for those to even know if this product will work for you before you even start to look at the non standardized aspec ratio promo images displayed on the scroll bar.

The promo images are smaller, no longer in color, neatly stacked in 4s for easy counting against PDFs later, or even print or save to PDFs anymore.  

Again the artist take precident in the info hierarchy over compatabilities, because its a popularity contest not a software product store I guess. 

Required Product ownership notes are no longer visible as of this time (hopefully this is to change in the future)

If you actually save PDF print copies for your records you have to click at least two more plus buttons to make info viewable in print and only half a streched Main promo, the page text, and some of the "you also might like" images print/save.

The LARGEST TEXT ON THE PAGE is this product is included in these bundles.

With all the inovation of moving things around and changeing colors theres still no comments, reviews, or ratings system.

The design makes shopping here way more tedious, time consuming, unenjoyable, and unproductive than it should be or was before the layout change. I can only imagine how much the product artists outside the DAZ building are pleased with it.

If you voice this through the purchase page feedback your responded to by some 3rd party Sitejabber with automated or foreign CS with "Did you recieve shipment of your purchase?" .... WTF! 

Like please.. stop fixing stuff that isnt broken, halfa... (cutting corners on).. new implentations, and releaseing poorly thoughtout untested protypes.

If I could have made it through more products I would have spent more money in the flash sales I wouldnt have spent otherwise. However Instead of quickly making purchases and working in DS, Im spending time shopping and writing complaints in the forums.

This is for a 2yr plus almost daily visitor who has the product backlog pretty much memorized, I feel sorry for any newcomers dealing with this.  

Post edited by TDBAGZ on
  • hjakehjake Posts: 812
    edited March 2022

Hurray!!! Huzza!!! Hussar!!!  The previous product page style is back!

The font sizes and the carousel style were unpleasant on the alternate style that was rolled out. One main picture and a small carousel to the right (click to make image full size) would have been better. Smaller grouping tiltes, vidoes placed at bottom, what's included expanded, remove the floating price bar, and "already owned" on prerequisite product items would all have been improvments.

2022-02-28_185950_cr.jpg
    1886 x 12966 - 2M
    2022-02-28_190022_cr.jpg
    1886 x 8454 - 797K
    Post edited by hjake on
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited March 2022

hjake said:

The font sizes and the carousel style were unpleasant on the alternate style that was rolled out. One main picture and a small carousel to the right (click to make image full size) would have been better. Smaller grouping tiltes, vidoes placed at bottom, what's included expanded, remove the floating price bar, and "already owned" on prerequisite product items would all have been improvments.

yes it is! heart  (at least for now)... indecision  Last night was the "new"/"test" layout.  When I got up this morning it was back to the previous style yes yes

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200

I'm happy to see the old one back, too! Let's hope it stays.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 238

I agree - i hope it stays yes

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,738

barbult said:

I'm happy to see the old one back, too! Let's hope it stays.

+1

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

+2

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

+3

I thought it was just a fluke at first, but now I am much relieved... for now?  wink

• +4. Hated the new look on the website. Was a pleasant relief to see the old style back.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

+5

New designs must be better (more ergonomic) designs.

• solissolis Posts: 124
    edited March 2022

*nothing*

Post edited by solis on
  • XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426

Thank you for bringing the old design back! It is a lot easier to know about the product right away without having to scroll down too much. yes

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

namffuak said:

Interesting. I'm on Firefox 96.0.3 (Wndows 7) and still getting the white background (old) format pages. If I log out I get the new forrmat - but if I reload the tab it's back to the old format.

Have you tried clearing the browsers cache?  I think FF has a built in way to do that.   

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I came to the forums today to see what's up but I'm finding that the entire forum is loading slow as mud.  It's cleared up and is fine again but I'm wondering if all that tinkering for the store side can affect the forums?  I was under the impression that the store and forums were two seperate setups.  

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

Glad to see the old pages back - I can take or leave the choice between black and white, but the way everything was oversized, spread out and hard to locate? No thanks?

NOW: can you please fix the links in the results pages so that when you go to the next page, it takes you to the TOP, not the BOTTOM??

Also, it appears that bundles are no longer showing the items I already own in them.

• solissolis Posts: 124

Ptrope said:

NOW: can you please fix the links in the results pages so that when you go to the next page, it takes you to the TOP, not the BOTTOM??

I got so used to this wonky Top/Bottom problem that, when I was on another site, it came as a shock when the 'next page' actually went correctly to the Top.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

hjake said:

+99999999 !!!!

i am SO GLAD that this horrible new (test?) layout has disappeared, and i hope it's for good. it's so soothing to see the old pages again, makes me want to actually GO on a product page again!

This discussion has been closed.