Website Testing and Updates - Navigation

Comments

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

solis said:

Ptrope said:

NOW: can you please fix the links in the results pages so that when you go to the next page, it takes you to the TOP, not the BOTTOM??

I got so used to this wonky Top/Bottom problem that, when I was on another site, it came as a shock when the 'next page' actually went correctly to the Top.

Yes!!  I really dislike scrolling to the top only to have to scroll all the way back to the bottom again.  And hopefully they will also fix the filter by artist to be alphabetical rather than by # of products in the category. 

• Sky77 said:

solis said:

Ptrope said:

NOW: can you please fix the links in the results pages so that when you go to the next page, it takes you to the TOP, not the BOTTOM??

I got so used to this wonky Top/Bottom problem that, when I was on another site, it came as a shock when the 'next page' actually went correctly to the Top.

Yes!!  I really dislike scrolling to the top only to have to scroll all the way back to the bottom again.  And hopefully they will also fix the filter by artist to be alphabetical rather than by # of products in the category. 

The extremely long filter-by-artist list drove me nuts until I realized that I can use my browser's Find function to search within that list for my favorite artists.  

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

Requirements analysis is marketing\engineering 101.

I'd like to suggest that Daz actually engage with the customers before dropping another bomb.  For instance, maybe run ideas, and possibly mock ups by various customers first?

Because the store is so important, approach 3 categories of customers, light, medium, and heavy purchasers.  Then run ideas by them, and get suggestions from them.  Ask them if the store experience will be better or worse.  Ask them if it will help close the sale.  etc. 

Of course I have yet another store complaint.  How Da Fudge do I add and subtract items from my cart?  Right now, its a painfully slow process of emptying the entire cart item by item, or dumping it all.  The reason this is an obvious concern is that Daz sales are a stinky mess of FOMO.  I have to see what combination items yield and actually work to somehow magically earn the very confusing discount prices that are confusingly offered.   Just using the Cart at Daz feels like a hostile experience.  Assuming Daz wants to continue with its FOMO tactics, I suggest that the cart have two rows of tick boxes... move to wishlist.. remove from cart.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    edited March 2022

Searching sales for an artist in a particular promotion. Does this list of things I need to do sound good?

If I know the artist, say 'Ness Period Reproductions'. OK I need to look alphabetically in all the artists with 20 items, scroll down, look in the alphabetical list of artists with 19 items, scroll down, look in the list of artists with 18 sale items......    .... scroll down, look in the alphabetical list of artists with 2 sale items, scroll down, look in the alpha list of artists with 1 item and.. Find it.

This is what I used to do: Type the name in the artist filter search box and I'd see within a second or two the artist is or is not in the sale. Thank you. That's what I needed to know.Quick, efficient. Now I can go on to my next favourite artist.

A less irritating alternative than the current would be to have all the artists filtered alphabetically, so I only need to scroll down once.

I simply have never cared that there are 4317 items for sale by artist XYZ, or that they are selling more than any other artist. Numbers of items for sale by any particular artist is of NIL interest, just whether thay have items in the sale. So, sorting by numbers in the sale is utterly, utterly irrelevant and pointless. A waste of programming effort at DAZ, and a waste of my time.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,260
    edited March 2022

When you do a search in the main store, you get a different set of selections on the left side, with categories and small search boxes for each of the other headings (Artist, Figure, Software, Genre). If you go to the Search term in the field at the top of the left column (with the purple magnifying glass) and hit the "X" button inside, the search is cleared, but now it is "Your Search Results for "" ", which returns basically everything in the store.

Well, more, actually. As of this moment, the blank search shows 41603 Results, and the default store page shows 40920 items, a difference of 683. (That could be some cross-referencing for collaborations showing up twice, and no, I am not going to look for them...)

So, you can use those advanced filters with the dummy search results on the whole store, like they should have been implemented. One problem remaining is that the search results (in any case) still cannot be sorted by New Arrivals. I do like that any selected criteria jump to the top of the list so you don't have to scroll, scroll, scroll to de-select them.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • richardandtracy said:

Searching sales for an artist in a particular promotion. Does this list of things I need to do sound good?

No, that list doesn't sound good. Here's what I do:

1. Click on the + to the right of where it says Artist.
    2. Wait for a moment while it displays the list of artists.
    3. Type CTRL-F to open my browser's Find function. (CMD-F on a Mac)
    4. Type the name of the artist I'm searching for.
    5. Click in the checkbox next to the artist's name.

There are many areas in which the store needs to be improved, but I don't think this is one of them.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092

Binaries Torturer said:

richardandtracy said:

No, that list doesn't sound good. Here's what I do:

1. Click on the + to the right of where it says Artist.
    2. Wait for a moment while it displays the list of artists.
    3. Type CTRL-F to open my browser's Find function. (CMD-F on a Mac)
    4. Type the name of the artist I'm searching for.
    5. Click in the checkbox next to the artist's name.

There are many areas in which the store needs to be improved, but I don't think this is one of them.

Yes...it is!  Shouldn't have to go through all of that.  The artists should be in alphabetical order, period.  Imagine if a dictionary listed words in order of common usage!  Oh, wait.  I wonder how many people even use them anymore.

Dana 

• your freebies page is broken as of this morning. it trys to load store frames then emptys to blank white space with no store items shown and says caculating. there is still nothing when asking to show owened, oh and just tryed the spell checker. this is broken as well opens blanks white windo and can't cancel or close can only reload page. thanks.

• OK, it's nice to report that the artist filter search box has returned. Very nice, thanks.

Regards,

Richard

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 642

Recently, Daz has started to do a lot of multi-buy offers. Great if you get to an item from the promotion page, but not so good in other situations. So some suggestions.

• If I can improve, or get a discount (with multi-buy or a coupon), tell me how on the product's page.
    • If I can improve, or get a discount, tell me in my wishlist. I check my wishlist more than the promotions, and I am going to miss offers if they don't show up in there.

• solissolis Posts: 124

Navigation be like: "I have thee not, and yet I see thee still."

• ldrobertldrobert Posts: 1
    This may be overly picky for what is otherwise a great web store experience. I am just curious if the advertising postings in the store go through any review for content and spelling before posting as a store item. Case in point the descriptive images for the The Censored Cellar: Wine and Whiskey Props and Shaders notes that a setting is available for a lower liquid level. However, the spelling used is "redusced" when there should be no "s". Correct English spelling is reduced. Again, still a great store experience, the descriptions should honor the quality of the art work.
    popup_14.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 143K
  • Redusced would be a good name for a made-up company, though.  Maybe even a whiskey maker.

On the Order Confirmation page, the "View Invoice" button goes to the order page, and the "Print" button goes to the Invoice page. Again. I thought that got fixed months ago.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069

NorthOf45 said:

On the Order Confirmation page, the "View Invoice" button goes to the order page, and the "Print" button goes to the Invoice page. Again. I thought that got fixed months ago.

It was working yesterday. (2022-04-14)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

its started signing me out again every day after weeks of stability 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

...just noticed that when changing pages in the store it goes to the top of the next page again.  Same for special sales like Flash Sales.

• deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 297

What would be good:

• the ability to filter by only new products;
    • when a search is done, the Categories section being much better able to filter by product type (eg, hair, character, places, resources, etc.)
  • drama-taller0wdrama-taller0w Posts: 0
    edited April 2022

This store [somewhat irritates me]!  Every 2-3 years, I come here to buy 3d models and animations. And every time I don't find anything because of the idiotic search engine!  It's no use typing keywords in the search box - it returns anything but what I'm looking for!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • drama-taller0w said:

This store [somewhat irritates me]!  Every 2-3 years, I come here to buy 3d models and animations. And every time I don't find anything because of the idiotic search engine!  It's no use typing keywords in the search box - it returns anything but what I'm looking for!

If you are using multiple terms in your search are you adding &s between them? It's annoying that the store defaults to or, but not unique to this site.

• Binaries TorturerBinaries Torturer Posts: 69
    edited April 2022

deepred6502 said:

What would be good:

• the ability to filter by only new products;
    • when a search is done, the Categories section being much better able to filter by product type (eg, hair, character, places, resources, etc.)

The lack of a convenient way to filter by content type drives me nuts.

There is a convenient way to see new products: https://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/ - I don't know if that url is guaranteed to always exist, but it hasn't failed me yet.

Another method is not quite as convenient, but still works in many circumstances: add "filter_new=1" into the junk at the end of a shop url. 

https://www.daz3d.com/shop#filter_new=1&filtered=1 gives (almost) the same results as https://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#index=0&filter_new=1&filtered=1 gives new Daz Originals

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#index=0&filter_new=1&filter_platClub=1&filtered=1 gives new DAZ+ items

URL-hacking can be a fun hobby.

Post edited by Binaries Torturer on

Another little hack is to search for something, anything, then in the results, clear the search term, and you will get the entire store, with a new Categories filter along with the ususal suspects (Artist, Genre, Figure, Software). The only thing is the sort by Arrival Date is useless, it is the same as sort by Relevance. (So does that make it irrelevant?).

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

Binaries Torturer said:

There is a convenient way to see new products: https://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/ - I don't know if that url is guaranteed to always exist, but it hasn't failed me yet.

Thank you so much! This will save me the trouble of looking at ReadMe's to check when a product is about to leave New status. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,757

If this is the correct place to suggest something for the store I have two.

1. When in a PA store, offer an alphabetic sort of the items, either owned or not owned or all. 

2. On our Product Library page, let us have a 'jump to' a page by either an alphabetic letter or a page number.

What has driven this is I have been trying to fix two computers where my Daz Content was corrupted and I am selectively reinstalling items. Sometimes it is easier to pull up a known PA's store when their products start with their initials, like OOT, MRL or FW... for example. Othertimes, the Product Library is easier. But if you have a large number of pages (I have 400 now) each day I finish, I loose my location as I shut down that computer. So I get to click an arrow key 200+ times to get where I need to the next time.

Also, there are times, there has been a name change or a texture set was done by an artist no longer with DAZ and there is no reference to the required product. It would be nice to be able to find said items a bit easier. 

So a #3: When a texture artist leaves DAZ, could DAZ take the time to track down all the textures the PA made, and make sure there is clear documentation of what its required product is?

Thank you

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

damn that annoys me in the product library too that discontinued products don't name their required product 

I notice that often the price shown on a product page is, when discounted, only the current selling price, not the original, crossed out, with the current price next to it, all tagged with bright red discount marker. Refreshing the page does not make a difference.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,250

So what is this now?

2022-04-28.png
    1920 x 1080 - 193K

Same as those 502 & 504 errors. Failure to communicate.

• AgitatedRiot said:

So what is this now?

It just means it won't show the icons for your cart, with the number of items loaded, and it may not mark the thread as viewed.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited April 2022

...apparently something at the Daz end has stalled my order in the processing stage it's been sitting on the "processing" page with the message:...

Please wait while the order is processing...

...for the almost the last 40 minutes.

Support ticket with attached screen shot was submitted as this was for the flash sale which expired at 16:59 Daz Time (15:59 PDT where I live).

The order was submitted around 15:42 my time.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.