Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• I'll settle for an interesting face that's not just a generic pretty girl with no personality, for example. There are way too many of those. That Natalie Dormer for the DS woman is amazing to me, and just dandy. Come on. Let not the perfect be the enemy of the good. The Salma Hyek is so beautiful I really do not give a flying fig if it looks exactly like Salma Hayek. It's beautiful, with a kind of beauty you only get by attempting to make it look like a real person. There's a guy who goes by the name Fygomatic (I think he's still on deviant art) who says he creates his celebrity faces in Light Wave and then combines it with Poser. The results are extremely nice. I'm not sure exactly what the process is, but I don't have Lightwave, so it doesn't matter. Some people do the same with ZBrush, I think. I've had limited success trying to make V4 look like women I know, or women who do the news on televsion, and the results are waaaaaaaay more interesting than if I hadn't even tried. Plus it's fun. I don't do enough men. I think they are more difficult to achieve. Fortunately there are some nice male celebrity morphs. I have a Brad Pitt, a Vampire Bill from True Blood, A Jason Momoa/Kal Drogo, and the late Andy Whitfield from Spartacus. I forget what else. Naturally the artists who sell these dare not name them as such. I use the Beam Me Up website as a guide. It's funny how often peoples abitlity to recognize faces goes way off. There are some goofs on Beam Me Up, but very few. I find Facegen an interesting toy, but much too limited to be of any real use other than amusement. I don't like supermodel types. I like real people with flaws and oddities. There has to be some strangeness in the proportion, or there is no true beauty.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

I agree.. I use Sabby's Reyna a lot which is inspired by, but quite Selna Gomez and love it (actually the model has a bit more facial personality than the real).

and G Conrad..thanks for the dial recipe and the sample images! I'm real exited to try that when I get a chance.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860

A look-alike is a resemblance not an identical twin (monozygotic) or mirror image of another person. If we get one nearing twin-like in the 3D Poserverse be happy. :)

Dictionary meaning: "a person or thing that closely resembles another, especially someone who looks very similar to a famous person."

• Creating a close likeness is very challenging. Take a walk through Madame Tussaud sometime. They're considered the premiere wax museum having been in the biz for centuries and even they sometimes end up with vague resemblances. Professional old-school illustrators like Bob Peak often resorted to tracing photos when doing movie posters and Mr. Peak is the godfather of movie posters in the opinions of many.

Maybe my interpretation of "celebrity look-alike" for Daz Studio is different from others here. I usually interpret this is meaning that the figure in question is "inspired by" a certain actor or actress. Oftentimes, the face will be very close but the body is much different.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

https://www.daz3d.com/hazel-for-genesis-3-female really makes me think Jewel Staite (Firefly's Kaylee, Stargate: Atlantis's Dr Keller etc) a lot.

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126

Good grief, that's a good, no, exquisite Natalie Dormer! Long have I searched. And their Salma Hyek is way better than the Poser version. Almost makes me want to learn DAZ Studio, but that's another story. I freely admit DAZ Studio has many superior products and features, so I'd have to have reached Defcon 4, 4 alarm frustration to not want to use it.

About that "Salma Hayek" morph. The one that you're saying is better isn't actually based on Salma. While the character is Santanico Pandemonium, the morph is actually based on Eiza González who played the character on the From Dusk Till Dawn TV series. 

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,196
    DavidGB said:

https://www.daz3d.com/hazel-for-genesis-3-female really makes me think Jewel Staite (Firefly's Kaylee, Stargate: Atlantis's Dr Keller etc) a lot.

That's funny. Just the other day someone mentioned their other character (Jane) as reminding them of Kaylee. I agree that Hazel is a closer match. 

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,057
    DavidGB said:

Yeah I can definitely see Jewel in that face.  Very minor tweaks if any would be required, mainly you'd just need appropriate hair...

• lwaveslwaves Posts: 238
    DavidGB said:

That's funny. Just the other day someone mentioned their other character (Jane) as reminding them of Kaylee. I agree that Hazel is a closer match. 

When I first saw Hazel I thought that she reminded me of someone but couldn't figure out who. Jewel Staite is definitely who I had in mind but the different body put me off. I definitely don't see Jewel in Jane though, not even close IMO but Hazel's head and Jane's body (slimmed down a bit) would make a great Jewel/Kaylee/Dr. Keller likeness.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

No, I can't see any resemblance to Jewel in Jane either.

With Hazel, I might well have been having that 'familiar-but-can't-quite-think-who' feeling I get with quite a few DS/Poser characters, who probably have resemblances to actresses I haven't seen in anything for a few years so can't quite rememember, if it wasn't for the fact that a TV channel here only just finished a re-run of Stargate: Atlantis here two weeks ago!

For me, Hazel looks far more like Jewel (head/face, not body) than most of the known deliberate Poser/DS celebrity morphs look like whoever they're supposed to be.

(And I still say that Anagord's Tia G3F/V7 at Renderosity is a very good Relic-Hunter-era Tia Carrere ...)

DavidGB said:

....a TV channel here only just finished a re-run of Stargate: Atlantis here two weeks ago!

Would that channel be Pick by any chance? smiley  Fellow UK'er here. I watched a fair number of those reruns as Atlantis is my favourite SG show and one of my favourite sci-fi shows. The odd thing for me is that I haven't seen Jewel in anything new for years either, then yesterday she popped up in Con Man from Alan Tudyk. Strange coincidence or....? Con Man is great show by the way, if you can get a hold of it. 10-15min long episodes that have so many guests and references and it's brilliantly funny too. Highly recommended if you have any interest in sci-fi.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,543

Anyone seen Felicity Jones or Daisy Ridley?

tkdrobert said:

Anyone seen Felicity Jones or Daisy Ridley?

Haven't seen either but I'd definitely like a Miss Jones look-a-like. I might even give Facegen a go with her but I can't see it workiing.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,543

Had to Google her.  Didn't know who she was but she looked familar.

•  Iface 8 wrote:

About that "Salma Hayek" morph. The one that you're saying is better isn't actually based on Salma. While the character is Santanico Pandemonium, the morph is actually based on Eiza González who played the character on the From Dusk Till Dawn TV series. 

That explains the difference. Never saw the TV series. Don't know anything about it.

• edited August 2017

The Deanna Troi (the don't call it that) is from shareCG, and the hair is 2 different hairstyles from DAZ as recommended by the person who did the face morph. In order to do this, you need to make parts of one of them invisible. Tricky, but I was up to it.

Fortunately, it's possible to jam them both together.

I can't remember what they were. I'll look it up for later if there's any interest. I will also look up what texture I used. Probably Elenoir by SAV. I use that a lot.

deanna test.jpg
    1338 x 819 - 230K
    Post edited by gconrad4_4d3aa258e4 on
  • Ichtos said:

That one and also Cathy HD for Victoria 7.  I want to say that there's one other that resembles her but maybe the Aria model is the one that I'm thinking of.

• I bought a Doctor Jones costume on sale for M4, but didn't have a Doctor Jones. There's a decent Harrison Ford out there, but I didn't have $20 for something like that at this time. Plus, he looks a bit haggard, and what I wanted was the 42 year old Ford from Temple of Doom. I decided to make my own, and maybe it would pass from a distance. My first ever attempt at a male celebrity look-alike. It could be on the edge of adequate.

doctor jones email 2.jpg
    800 x 793 - 249K
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

I bought a Doctor Jones costume on sale for M4, but didn't have a Doctor Jones. There's a decent Harrison Ford out there, but I didn't have $20 for something like that at this time. Plus, he looks a bit haggard, and what I wanted was the 42 year old Ford from Temple of Doom. I decided to make my own, and maybe it would pass from a distance. My first ever attempt at a male celebrity look-alike. It could be on the edge of adequate.

Honestly that's not bad, just finish it up with a good material set and you will be in business.

• Anyone seen a gal that resembles Sansa Stark? The Natalie Dormer lookalikeis gorgeous and spot on..

jennysmi said:

Anyone seen a gal that resembles Sansa Stark? The Natalie Dormer lookalikeis gorgeous and spot on..

Not that I have seen.

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 356

I'll settle for an interesting face that's not just a generic pretty girl with no personality, for example. There are way too many of those. .

Brahan (I think that's the vendor's name) sells some characters for Genesis 3 females that are both interesting and unique (do a web search for Inola for Genesis 3 Female).  Not model-like but pretty (even the ones not meant to be pretty).  What I see most 3D vendors putting out in terms of characters is the same tired, generic, button-nosed, smooth skinned cuties.  No personality--they look like cookie-cutter, lifeless dolls.  There are some vendors that put out some really cool, life-like unique-looking characters with imperfections, but there aren't many of them.

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited August 2017

Am I crazy or does 7-ko's Character Beautiful Woman have a reasonable resemblance to a young Madeleine Stowe?  Maybe not exactly like her but certainly quite reminiscent of her.  What does everyone else think?  https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/7-kos-character-beautiful-woman/122152/

Post edited by stuthurso on
  • stuthurso said:

Am I crazy or does 7-ko's Character Beautiful Woman have a reasonable resemblance to a young Madeleine Stowe?  Maybe not exactly like her but certainly quite reminiscent of her.  What does everyone else think?  https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/7-kos-character-beautiful-woman/122152/

She does, with the right hair it'd be a good resemblance..

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited August 2017

Oh and jennysmi while she doesn't look like it in he previews Mousso's Nylyssa for G3/G8 does have a very similarly shaped face to Sophie Turner and might well make a good substitute or her with a little bit of tweaking.  It's as close as I've seen to Sophie anyway, though I can understand if nobody else sees any resemblance.  https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/nylyssa-for-g3-g8/122008

Post edited by stuthurso on
This discussion has been closed.