Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• RU PAUL!!!

Mamma Ru must be in my library!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860

VYK_Paige, Julia Stiles? Actress from such films as the Bourne spy franchise.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=116223&AID=666

• hzrhzr Posts: 207

Anyone seen any character for g3 that resembles Kat Foster a bit? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1928172/mediaviewer/rm3472954880

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    nDelphi said:

VYK_Paige, Julia Stiles? Actress from such films as the Bourne spy franchise.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=116223&AID=666

I can kind of see it, but only because I'm looking for Julia Stylesish resemblence.  Style's jaw seems stronger to me.

From the same artist , Vyk Penny reminds me, at least of some promo images of Dinsey star Bella Thorne and/or Adult actress Faye Reagan, though not enough that I would have posted had I not been commenting here :)

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vyk-penny/113585

Gregorius said:

Here's another WIP of mine that I've actually been working on for quite some time and required some custom morphing.  After scrutinizing this particular face for so long, I could definitely use some fresh eyes to tell me if it's as close as I think it is.  The target is Debby Ryan.

I've always felt Sabby's Tanya has a Debby Ryanesque feel

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sabby-tanya/88847/

How close is the resemblance to Margot Robbie? Is it a look-alike?

http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-hayley-hd-for-victoria-7

I don't think so. A real noticible difference is the eye brows...hayley is just a simple swipe, while Robbie's has an anctual bend in hers.

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 10.54.46 AM.png
    1271 x 548 - 998K
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Eyebrows are an easy fix, though. The thing that stands out most about Robbie is her smile, her dimples are very defined. Hayley lacks any kind of dimples. As long as Hayley stays expressionless, she can pass, lol.

• Is anyone doing a texture set of Margot Robbie's Suicide Squad Tattoos?  I found some photos of the behind the scenes book, showing all the tattoos.

tumblr_obrv22qUcp1tdzqe9o1_1280.jpg
    1280 x 1707 - 608K

Well, with a good scan of that page, it'd be easy enough to use em...

-------------------------------------------

So, here's my latest in my "who does this look like?" posts...

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vyk-riley/111754/

I asked Vyktoria directly, and she says it wasn't inspired by anyone in particualr, but boy is it reminding me of someone.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

gconrad4_4d3aa258e4- you are a kind warm person and don't smell nearly as bad as people say. And I don't believe a single thing those kids say!

• Is anyone doing a texture set of Margot Robbie's Suicide Squad Tattoos?  I found some photos of the behind the scenes book, showing all the tattoos.

I think from a legal standpoint, it'd be best not too make those for sale due to copyright infringement laws.  For me, it'd be too much of a risk.

I belive the new Cathy is intended to resemble Arianna Grande

http://www.daz3d.com/cathy-hd-for-victoria-7

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Scavenger said:

I belive the new Cathy is intended to resemble Arianna Grande

http://www.daz3d.com/cathy-hd-for-victoria-7

I think so too ... hair and all:

http://www.m-magazine.com/posts/ariana-grande-is-nervous-about-her-song-focus-75457

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,847

My first thought was that her nose reminded me of Sarah Michelle Gellar, but you guys are probably right...

• Definitely not SMG!

There is some Ariana similarity. Not sure if that was done on purpose, but it's there.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

My first thought was that her nose reminded me of Sarah Michelle Gellar, but you guys are probably right...

I wasthinking a lighter skin and JLH.

With the hair and eye makeup, I think its pretty clear she is *inspired* by Ariana. Her upper lip is slightly different: Ariana has no Cupid's Bow shape at all (at least in how she wears her lipstick,) while Cathy has a very small one, but its still there, plus her mouth is more puckered. Cathy seems to have moles that mirror those on Ariana (on her right side instead of left.) Ariana has a mole on her cheek, though she often covers it with makeup, while Cathy has no such mole. From a user point a view a couple of small tweaks would make Cathy a total dead ringer for Ariana for sure. A softer lighting would also go a long way. Raiya probably made subtle alterations to avoid Cathy being too much like Ariana. That's just my speculation, though. Cathy looks quite wonderful regardless of her inspiration.

Ikyoto said:

I wasthinking a lighter skin and JLH.

I do also see the JLH in it.

• edited September 2016

I'm wondering there were any morphs of Tyrin Turner and Larenz Tate from Menace II Society for any DAZ Studio figures, preferably Genesis 2 Males.

Post edited by Ohgun the Awakened Prodigy on
  • RuthvenRuthven Posts: 652

I remember there was a character for Michael (4, if I remeber well), that looked like Geralt from the videogame "The Witcher", but I can't find him anymore. Does somebody have a clue?

Thanks

• Is there some reason the content artists don't use the actual celebrity's name in their character lookalikes? (Mihrelle's Callie is Nat Portman, for example)

It would make it a hell of a lot easier to find the one you want, rather than having to go searching through these threads!

edited September 2016
    Sertorial said:

Is there some reason the content artists don't use the actual celebrity's name in their character lookalikes? (Mihrelle's Callie is Nat Portman, for example)

It would make it a hell of a lot easier to find the one you want, rather than having to go searching through these threads!

Lawsuits. People can sue for their likeness being used and sold for profit. I believe some models for sale have been altered from their original forms due to threats of suits.

If something is given away free, then that is easier to get away with, so you'll see free models sometimes use real names. Also, political figures can be used, there are a few political figures for sale out there.

Even when a real name is not used, lawsuits can still happen. Linday Lohan tried suing the maker of Grand Theft Auto for a character that seemed to be inspired by her, but in that case, it was ruled satire. Anyway, this is why you'll often see figures that look sort of like a celebrity, because they don't want to be too exact.

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • Sertorial said:

Is there some reason the content artists don't use the actual celebrity's name in their character lookalikes? (Mihrelle's Callie is Nat Portman, for example)

Lawsuits. People can sue for their likeness being used and sold for profit. I believe some models for sale have been altered from their original forms due to threats of suits.

If something is given away free, then that is easier to get away with, so you'll see free models sometimes use real names. Also, political figures can be used, there are a few political figures for sale out there.

Even when a real name is not used, lawsuits can still happen. Linday Lohan tried suing the maker of Grand Theft Auto for a character that seemed to be inspired by her, but in that case, it was ruled satire. Anyway, this is why you'll often see figures that look sort of like a celebrity, because they don't want to be too exact.

Right! Didn't think of that. Thanks

Damn celebs and their lawyers!!

Lawyers are why we can't have a lot of nice things.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,407

Lawyers are why we can't have a lot of nice things.

Privacy and ownership rights are why we can't have a lot of nice things, especially other people's things.  Remember, lawyers are like the people who pick up your garbage; they stink because of what they have to deal with.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076

99.99999% of the world's lawyers wade through a mountain of manipulative lies just to reap the innocence and safety that ought to be the natural right of all law-abiding citizens for their clients and by the precedence of case law help ensure that innocence and safety for people and animals they'll never meet or represent centuries and millenia into the future.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited September 2016

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Jack Cade said:

Nay, that I mean to do. Is not this a lamentable

thing, that of the skin of an innocent lamb should

be made parchment? that parchment, being scribbled

o'er, should undo a man? Some say the bee stings:

but I say, 'tis the bee's wax; for I did but seal

once to a thing, and I was never mine own

man since.

...Sorry I couldnt resist

Post edited by j cade on
  • Although the other side of this is that without lawyers, there would be no one to protect content artists' rights and make sure they get paid for what they do. So no DAZ store, no Renderosity. Nothing... ANd we've have no nice content (apart from crappy, free amateur stuff) to play with.

edited September 2016
    Post edited by nDelphi on
This discussion has been closed.