Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• just found this magnificent thread on Celeb lookalikes. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the character used for Goldtassel's flirtyhair promopic.  She looks so much like Chanel West Coast from Ridiculousness to me. Thanks already for anyone who can point me in the right direction :) 

daz3d_flirty_hair_v4_main.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 233K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,046

just found this magnificent thread on Celeb lookalikes. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the character used for Goldtassel's flirtyhair promopic.  She looks so much like Chanel West Coast from Ridiculousness to me. Thanks already for anyone who can point me in the right direction :) 

It's a custom V4 character by one of the artists who does a lot of DAZ's prmo art.  There's multiple threads on this going back to slightly after the dawn of time (or just after the release of Victoria 4). Here's one of them:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48757/  ; Quick version:  No, she's not for sale.  

•  

It's a custom V4 character by one of the artists who does a lot of DAZ's prmo art.  There's multiple threads on this going back to slightly after the dawn of time (or just after the release of Victoria 4). Here's one of them:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48757/  ; Quick version:  No, she's not for sale.  

Thank you very much for your answer Cybersox13. Damn that's a shame she's not for sale. I' could've sworn she was really modelled after Chanel Westcoast and i hoped to find her somewhere between other lookalikes blush

• Does anyone know of a George Michael for M4 (Poser?)  Thank you so very much!!

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

Whwn https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/tia-g3f-v7/119964 first popped up on the What's New page at Rendo, I thought 'Whoa, Tia Carrere circa Relic Hunter Sydney Fox vintage' on glancing over the What's New page product thumbnails before reading the product name 'Tia G3F/V7'.  Which was kinda spooky as I was prepping a story to render out and just that morning had been thinking it woud be an in joke in the story if I could get a character who is a 'realistic' archaeologist happen to look like Sydney Fox (which several other characters in the story woud joke about).

So, as my first thought on sight was Tia Carrere only to then see that the character is called Tia, I'd have to say it deserves an entry on http://www.beammeup.net.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076

Never heard of Kaley Cuoco but she's make a good Sue Storm.

Scavenger said:
    DavidGB said:
    Scavenger said:

Anyone know who FoRender's latest  celebrity morph is? Koko? http://forender.com/component/mijoshop/product/1539-koko-for-g2-g3.html

Kaley Cuoco

wow.. guess I see it with thinking about it, but I don't think I'd ever have gotten it without you naming.

Frankly I'd never heard of her, or knowingly seen her, or have any opinion on how good a likeness it is or isn't.. But I do drop by the FoRender forums from time to time, keep an eye on the vote there for which celebrity to be done next (and made 3 suggestions of my own for the 3 votes everyone is allowed), and in the forum votes and discussions and new product notifications the celebrities are referred to be real name, not the tagged on product names like 'Koko'. So I'm not saying I think that's supposed to be Kaley Cuoco; I'm saying that FoRender and Extra Clones explicitly say that's their attempt at Kaley Cuoco after she bubbled to the top of the 'next celebrity to do' vote (but not with any of  my votes). If you go to the forums and vote threads there, there is absolutely no secret or doubt about who all their look-a-likes are (or are supposed to be, anyway) - it's explicitly stated by creator and store owner (and at the top of the current and previous votes for which celebrities to do there are neat lists of celeb, product name and release dates for all the ones donw so far).

Actually, as I do my own characters and don't want celeb look-a-likes (except for 4, none of which have ever been done to my knowledge), and have my own SF worlds and don't want weapons, vehicles, armour etc readily identifiable as coming from a well known SF film, TV or game franchise (which would detract from the 'reality' of the SF  universes I create for my SF stories), the only things I actually ever buy there are the real 20th century and current firearms I want for modern day set 'realistic' (within the grittier end of the genre tropes) action/adventure/thriller stories. (Although i would buy any of those 4 celebrities if they were ever done.)

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

She's the star of Big Bang Theory, the top sitcom on television for like the past decade :)

I could find anything in the forum..but couldn't find much on it anyway.  I visit there sometimes when I'm bored :)

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

She may also be best known as the girl in Priceline.com commercials with Will Shatner...

Scavenger said:

She's the star of Big Bang Theory, the top sitcom on television for like the past decade :)

In the US .... maybe. Here in the UK, not so much. Looking it up, here it's broadcast on a subsidiary channel of one of the lesser broadcast networks ... successful enough for that, but not enough to rate the primary channel even of that network. I've never watched it, though recognize the show's name from skimming through the TV guide each day.

She may also be best known as the girl in Priceline.com commercials with Will Shatner.

Certainly not here. Presuming you mean Captain Kirk Shatner, the only ad I've seen him in relatively recently on this side of the pond was a brief comedic cameo (in which he can't remember his line in something dramatic he is supposedly fliming and calls for a prompt) lasting all of 5 seconds in the 'come holiday in California' advert before last a year or so ago.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,755

Never heard of Kaley Cuoco but she's make a good Sue Storm.

Shes also known for playing John Ritter's daughter in 8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter.   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312081/

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Well, I doubt Priceline advertises over the pond, they are a US hotel booking site thing. I guess, I don't pay much attention. Shatner used to play the "Priceline Negotiator" in a series of goofy commercials. Then Kaley came along playing his daughter, which is nuts considering he's closing in on 90, but ok. I'm always amazed he is still so active at this age. I think the idea is for Kaley to eventually replace him for that reason. The last commercial only had his voice.

I just googled William Shatner, and "William Shatner Priceline" was at the top of Google's suggestions as I typed. What a world we live in.

I'm also not surprised that BBT isn't played so much across the pond, either. Its just standard US comedy fair a geek twist.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076
    edited April 2017

Well I've hear of Priceline.com and Big Bang Theory but have never watched them, espacially now when I'd have to pay $100 a month for a cable sub littered with infomercial channels and far too much advertising per hour for far too many reruns. I'll stick with the huge collection of DVDs of which I've not watch most of either.

Seeing her real picture she would still be a good Sue Storm, but when she was older as Sue Storm was portrayed as being married to Reed Richards with 'scientific' grey temples for decades. Presumably Johnny Storm is her much younger brother as he's portrayed as a old teen or young adult hothead. I have no ideal why they choose Jessica Alba or a lot of the silly casting they do for these comic book to movie adaptations. It ruins the interest for anyone that wants to see more than just what they can manage in the special effects department.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    DavidGB said:
    Scavenger said:

In the US .... maybe. Here in the UK, not so much. Looking it up, here it's broadcast on a subsidiary channel of one of the lesser broadcast networks ... successful enough for that, but not enough to rate the primary channel even of that network. I've never watched it, though recognize the show's name from skimming through the TV guide each day.

I know of Gavin and Stacey... you can know of Big Bang Theory.

And when does 8 out of 9 Cats come back?

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I'm pretty sure that Elijah was inspired by Andy Biersack especially since the character Ekko for Elijah has most all the Andy makeup jobs....

• grylingrylin Posts: 278

http://www.freewebs.com/akinastar07/freebies.htm

my freebie website. Not updated in ages, but here is a *Penny* morph / (kayley) form the BB Theory :D 

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860

Adele looks like actress Amy Adams.

https://www.daz3d.com/adele-for-genesis-3-female

• in Australia we have Big Bang on several channels we get a ton of British and Ameriacn shows as well as other countries we're very multicultral here when it comes to tv in fact from what I've read we see more variety of all your shows then all of you see of your own 

been a lot of good celebs done here using facegen 

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2017

Here is Natalie Dormer, actress who portrays Margaery Tyrell on the TV series Game of Thrones.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=120871&AID=666

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • Good grief, that's a good, no, exquisite Natalie Dormer! Long have I searched. And their Salma Hyek is way better than the Poser version. Almost makes me want to learn DAZ Studio, but that's another story. I freely admit DAZ Studio has many superior products and features, so I'd have to have reached Defcon 4, 4 alarm frustration to not want to use it.

• Hi everybody! Here are my Jenniffer Connolley tweaks I sent to a nice fellow who sent me a message, but I forgot to share them with the group.

Did I forget? I backtracked and couldn't find it.

First get MRL Andromeda

All I did was make the face more fleshy, turn the nose up, and provide an expression which helps with shaping. The mouth doesn't need to be open.

After observing young Jennifer, her mouth is often slightly open and she has a blank look which translates to sweet and innocent.

The expression tends to make the mouth a little smaller, and the nose might be a little wider in the tip and nostril area. I hope I got that in.

Tweaks for young Jennifer:

Make sure you have DAZ Morphs ++ and MRL Andromeda morph applied. I'm not sure how urgent that one is, but do it anyway.

I used DAZ Long Story hair, but you might have better idea.

Nose flesh full .580

Face full .580

Nose tip up/down .848

Expression:

Brow up-down .212

Brow outer up-down .560

Brow inner up-down -.482

Eyes squint .440

Mouth open .552

Lips part .660

Lip top up-down .448

I hope this works. I've never done this before.

Old Jennifer is also a must-have, and I'll get to it right away.

MRL Andromeda provides some expressions, but haven't used

ALMOST FORGOT!

Part 2, body tweaks-

Not usually useful if the body is clothed.

Young .228

Voluptuous .492

Heavy .236

DAZ Natural Gravity Morphs for V4 could come in handy.

• Older Jennifer Connolley tweaks:

First get Andromeda byMRL

OLD JENNIFER CONNOLLEY-

Some of the settings  are a little goofy because this was a work in progress from a year ago.

Like why even have a “heavy” body setting if I’m just taking it away again with a high “Thin” setting?

I don’t know.

This makes a FANTASTIC Wonder Woman, by the way.

Morph ++

Full head and Face

Old .364

Face long   1.324

Face full   -.376

Nose depth   -.600

Nose height   1.416

Nose width   -.372

Lower face

Cheeks sink   .376

Morphs /Expressions Base

Eyes squint   .535

Eyes open-close  -.016

Mouth smile simple   .124

Makeup

Andromeda 5

Eyes

Andromeda 03

BODY

Fitness .116

Thin .656

Young .228

Voluptuous .492

Heavy  .236

ANYBODY WHO TRIES THIS, LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKED!

• Young JC.

young jenny bird.jpg
    795 x 861 - 431K
  • Mature JC.

Old Jenny.jpg
    1040 x 783 - 401K
  • fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,564

If you ask me I really don't think there's much hope of getting a realistic rendition of anyone by using a DS figure. Not that anyone is asking me. There are just not enough polys to play with to do that, and they are probably not in the right place for what one needs. You can't make a silk purse out of a DAZ sow's ear and it's all uncanny valley to me in it's present form.

• tring01tring01 Posts: 305
    fred9803 said:

If you ask me I really don't think there's much hope of getting a realistic rendition of anyone by using a DS figure. Not that anyone is asking me. There are just not enough polys to play with to do that, and they are probably not in the right place for what one needs. You can't make a silk purse out of a DAZ sow's ear and it's all uncanny valley to me in it's present form.

Actually, it's not that hard.  The human mind recoginzes faces by matching up a fairly limited number of features.  I've done a lot of experimenting with digital versions of real people with G3.  You just keep iterating until there is a moment when it's like a light switch is flipped - and the figure looks like the model to your eye.  Reasonably close hair makes a huge difference.  Measure Metrics can get the body size and proportions pretty close.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,900
    tring01 said:
    fred9803 said:

Actually, it's not that hard.  The human mind recoginzes faces by matching up a fairly limited number of features.  I've done a lot of experimenting with digital versions of real people with G3.  You just keep iterating until there is a moment when it's like a light switch is flipped - and the figure looks like the model to your eye.  Reasonably close hair makes a huge difference.  Measure Metrics can get the body size and proportions pretty close.

Would have to disagree. Getting a likeness in art is actually one of the harder things. Even full blown pros don't always succeed, especially in 3D. Most people have amazing face recognition and even the slightest discrepancy is visible. You might get a reaction of "it looks kinda like..." but that's about it. 

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

An almost flawless, not quite photorealistic resemblance costs zillions of dollars and hundreds of hours of reference footage and I don't know how many rendering hours, and requires a really good motion capture performance either by an older version of the original actor or a gifted admirer. (I saw one movie with such a character this weekend at the theaters, and another on dvd with two such characters). So, no, what we do here (or with Facegen, etc) is not in that league. If you want something similar enough for fan art or because you think so-and-so would look interesting in your images, then yes, I think Young Jennifer and some of the other characters in this thread get there, and aren't any more "uncanny valley" than anything else done with Daz/Poser figures.

I personnally think it's easier with kind of dead-eyed, super beautiful supermodel types of both genders rather than people with personality-a year or so back, a book illustrator asked for a Helen Hunt lookalike, and a couple of us came up with morphs (I think I did dialspun and the other artist did sculpted). Hunt's features are kind of generic, but she uses them in a very lively way, and I found that difficult to capture.

This discussion has been closed.