Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,083

What's the take on 1-Click PBRSkin? https://www.daz3d.com/1-click-pbrskin

I'm not knowledgable enough to judge if it's something useful or not.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2023

lou_harper said:

If you want to use a g8.1 skin on like g2 you can look at this thread, but, of course, it is more than "one click" to perform, lol:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/558201/how-to-apply-genesis-8-1-skin-on-genesis-8/p1

Then there is https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-pbrskin-manager which works all the way back to generation 4 (!). Maybe somebody could compare those tools, pretty please?

EDIT:Fixed link

Post edited by mding on
  • mding said:

lou_harper said:

If you want to use a g8.1 skin on like g2 you can look at this thread, but, of course, it is more than "one click" to perform, lol:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/558201/how-to-apply-genesis-8-1-skin-on-genesis-8/p1

It isn't about applying maps to different figures, it's about using newer-style material settings and the newer PBR Skin shader on characters using Iray Uber base.

Then there is https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-pbrskin-manager which works all the way back to generation 4 (!). Maybe somebody could compare those tools, pretty please?

• RandomRandom Posts: 173

If there are no new pbr maps for e.g. Gen 2 figures then this does very little except speed things up. V3D Ultimate PBR Skin Manager does much more but you have to load the Daz basic PBR shader onto the figure first to enable Ultimate PBR to work. Either way without additional pbr maps the "realism" of the skin is not enhanced that much.

Thankyou @Richard Haseltine and @Random!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226

The forum finally let me upload this ZIP file for closing the Sexy suspender Shirt for G9. (I only made a morph for the G9 shirt, not the G8 shirt). Open the zip file and copy the data and People folders to your content library. Use the Sexy Suspender Shirt Closed G9 wearable preset to load the closed shirt on Genesis 9. You will find the wearable preset in People/Genesis 9/Clothing/AF/Sexy Suspender folder in the Content Library. Please let me know if this doesn't load properly for you, in case I left something out of the ZIP file.

The wearable preset will set the Shirt Closed morph to 100%, add a dForce Add-on and adjust the position of some of the buttons. The Shirt Closed morph is not intended to be used by itself (without the Wearable Preset), but you can experiment with it if you wish.

The wearable preset has worked pretty well for me on "normally" shaped characters, but it doesn't work well on fat bellies like Nikolai or Thimor. Remember that the FBMs included in the Sexy Suspender product will cause distortion when they get automatically dialed in by Daz Studio, but dForce and smoothing have overcome most of those problems for me.

zip
    zip
    Sexy Suspender Shirt Closed G9.zip
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,811

barbult said:

The forum finally let me upload this ZIP file for closing the Sexy suspender Shirt for G9. (I only made a morph for the G9 shirt, not the G8 shirt). Open the zip file and copy the data and People folders to your content library. Use the Sexy Suspender Shirt Closed G9 wearable preset to load the closed shirt on Genesis 9. You will find the wearable preset in People/Genesis 9/Clothing/AF/Sexy Suspender folder in the Content Library. Please let me know if this doesn't load properly for you, in case I left something out of the ZIP file.

The wearable preset will set the Shirt Closed morph to 100%, add a dForce Add-on and adjust the position of some of the buttons. The Shirt Closed morph is not intended to be used by itself (without the Wearable Preset), but you can experiment with it if you wish.

The wearable preset has worked pretty well for me on "normally" shaped characters, but it doesn't work well on fat bellies like Nikolai or Thimor. Remember that the FBMs included in the Sexy Suspender product will cause distortion when they get automatically dialed in by Daz Studio, but dForce and smoothing have overcome most of those problems for me.

Cool ~ enlightened though I haven't got the item yet, bu now I know what could be shared...yes

• barbult said:

You da best! I'm wishlisting that product now. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,409

barbult said:

Thanks so much! Will download tonight after work immediately. You're a gem. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,053
    At a glance, Male-M3dia's body shapes seem to be a significant improvement over previous G9M shapes.

I don't buy many "realistic" G9 characters - because I find their shapes (at least as presented in promos) tend to be neither appealing nor realistic - but I (tentatively) like the look of this product, and it comes down to $7.87 with eight tokens and three FA items in cart (cheap but nice Mousso characters do the trick). If I make a purchase today or tomorrow, I'll probably get this one.
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,130

I think Mousso may have managed to master sculpting G9 better than most. In addition to Dola, there's Hana. Just amazing characters, beautifully sculpted & they look very distinctive.  They both make me feel that parting with money wouldn't be too hard. 

I will confess that the six Mousso has released between those to do not strike me as half so interesting, and I like them as much as the average G9 character.

Regards,

Richard

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

mding said:

lou_harper said:

Obviously I'm gonna be biased as 1-Click PBRSkin is my product hehe but just wanted to drop in with some more info in case it's useful.

I've set up a commercial thread for questions and there's some conversion examples in there as well. If you have any questions or concerns I'd be glad to answer over there, as I'd like to keep everything together for everyone's benefit smiley

In short the main feature of the product is to convert older characters to use the PBRSkin shader, whether that be pre Iray characters like Genesis 2 or more recent characters from the Genesis 3/8 lines which use Iray Uber, but use different implementations between generations.

1-Click PBRSkin also includes base and translucency gamma, and dual lobe roughness slider scripts for easy adjustment of skin tone and roughness.

I spent a lot of time testing different skins and devising how best to do this with as little effort by the artist as possible, so that you can spend your time on the fun stuff like scene setting and rendering. This is particularly useful for figures that don't have translucency maps where even more manual steps are needed.

Ultimate PBRSkin Manager is indeed very advanced but it only works on figures that already have the PBRSkin shader applied, so you could use 1-Click PBRSkin to first convert to the new shader and then Ultimate PBRSkin Manager for deeper fine tuning if desired. 

Something that has plagued pre PBRSkin skins is the over saturation of many skins, often appearing too red or orange. Converting a skin to PBRSkin does help with this noticeably as does adjusting the gamma of the diffuse and/or translucency textures. There are also other methods that can help with this but there is not typically a one size fits all approach.

However, Josh and I are exploring a universal redness/saturation reducer that will be added to 1-Click PBRSkin as a free update, if the solution we're exploring works out!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,409

@barbult, your morph works like a charm, tested it just now. Couldn't find the preset, but I didn't have much time to look, and maybe I was too hasty installing anyway. But the morph is just fine. Thanks again heart

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,739
    edited July 2023

barbult said:

xyer0 said:

I wish dForce Sexy Suspender Outfit had a shirt closed morph. It's a great looking shirt. I guess I could put a t-shirt under it.

I played with it in Blender and i was able to close it. It's not perfect. I'm not very experienced with Blender, so I'm sure somebody else could do a better job. None of the included FMBs really work after closing it, because they expect the vertices to be in very different places. Between smoothing and dForce, I didn't have a problem fitting it to Kala 9.

(My rendered image won't attach. Usually it works very late at night. Not this night.This forum is really falling apart.)

Edit: Another day, another change in forum behavior. I was able to upload my image tonight.

Wow! That looks very nice, @barbult. Thanks for proof of concept.

ETA: I just got to your post where you shared your work! Big thanks for saving the day for me.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226

tsroemi said:

@barbult, your morph works like a charm, tested it just now. Couldn't find the preset, but I didn't have much time to look, and maybe I was too hasty installing anyway. But the morph is just fine. Thanks again heart

You will find the wearable preset in People/Genesis 9/Clothing/AF/Sexy Suspender folder in the Content Library. At least that is where it should be.

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I do like that 3DU is taking making good toon Characters for G9 seriously, but G9 itself still has fundamental flaws that I cannot look past.

• DeeceyDeecey Posts: 100
    edited July 2023

Calliope23 said:

Gogger

I couldn't buy her fast enough!  But I've installed her and can't find her.  Uninstalled - reinstalled, checked the read me.  Still missing in action.  Restarting now.  Back soon. 

[EDIT] Okay, found her.  Whew!  She ends up under /People/Genesis 9/Female/Characters/3D Universe/
    Silly me, I was looking for her under  /People/Genesis 9/Characters/3D Universe/

Loading up for a render now

Looking forward to seeing any renders of her if you care to share. smileyyes

I caved too. OMG she's adorable!

3DU Toon Female.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 352K
    Post edited by Deecey on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Lyone? Here? 

Am I correct that Lyone has not released products in the DAZ store before now? Or if so, that it would have been *quite some time ago*. I've been picking up his/her/their sets from Rendo from time to time for some years now, but have been under the impression that they wetre a Rendo exclusive vendor.

I did see that this set was for G9, and most of what is on Rendo is G8. Actually, G8M.

Looks like a useful set.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,779

JOdel said:

Lyone? Here? 

Am I correct that Lyone has not released products in the DAZ store before now? Or if so, that it would have been *quite some time ago*. I've been picking up his/her/their sets from Rendo from time to time for some years now, but have been under the impression that they wetre a Rendo exclusive vendor.

I did see that this set was for G9, and most of what is on Rendo is G8. Actually, G8M.

Looks like a useful set.

Thanks for pointing out where I knew the PA's name! Both items in my cart already but it was driving me nuts. And I have a slew of their products for G8M already. Good stuff.  

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454
    edited July 2023

Deecey said:

Calliope23 said:

Gogger

I couldn't buy her fast enough!  But I've installed her and can't find her.  Uninstalled - reinstalled, checked the read me.  Still missing in action.  Restarting now.  Back soon. 

[EDIT] Okay, found her.  Whew!  She ends up under /People/Genesis 9/Female/Characters/3D Universe/
    Silly me, I was looking for her under  /People/Genesis 9/Characters/3D Universe/

Loading up for a render now

Looking forward to seeing any renders of her if you care to share. smileyyes

I caved too. OMG she's adorable!

@Deecey Aww, She does look adorable. smileyyes

Post edited by Calliope23 on
    WindField's back and bringing a great-looking hair for G8 and G9:

Nakitia Hair For Genesis 9 and 8 Female

Somehow it jumped straight into my cart, so I suppose I'm off to check out the deals today. ;)

mding said:

Laurita said:

Stonemason's new Greenhouse is probably nice as always - but why should I buy it when I already have his beautifuul Private Garden?

The atmosphere is quite different imo, darker, older, mystic or meditative and more quiet/tranquil. I love the props of your private garden, you get a lot more, but personally I prefer the architecture and atmosphere of the greenhouse. Therefore i see a reason to buy both, but a new one only if you have a project of course.

BTW when clicking through the promo pics, thinking about what i would do with it i see suddenly this pic and am like "WHUTT?", being suddenly kicked out of all that serene atmosphere by stonemason, lol:

Sorry, to bring up this older post, but I bought the Greenhouse and just played around with it. I must say I'm impressed with it on multiple levels. It's very efficiently made, very light. It's also modular–not only wall section, but even individual wall panels, columns, windows are separate parts. If you wanted to you could take the whole thing apart and build a new layout. The proportions seem to be so that you could easily swap walls and windows too.

I have a couple of niggles.

Props, not just architecture but also plants are not available as individual props. So if you want to use them elsewhere you need to save them out as scene subset first. Minor inconvenience.

I used one of the cameras that came with the product and was mightily confused that the render was not what I set up in render settings. It took me a few minutes that pixel size and dimensions were set up under Camera settings.

Anyways, here is a less militaristic scene:

awesome render, @lou_harper!

Right now I'm trying to rationalize buying Wine Annex. https://www.daz3d.com/wine-annex

I don't even do much in this genre, but I also have the entire ROG fantasy collection, and this one would fit with that worl. I'm sure the little hobitses like making wine.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited July 2023

That one is tempting. I'd probably never use the set, but there are a slew of very nice looking props.

Actually, what it puts me in mind of are 1971's sets over on Rendo. Much more detailed, but a really distinctive sense of design.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited July 2023

lou_harper said:

Right now I'm trying to rationalize buying Wine Annex. https://www.daz3d.com/wine-annex

You could tell yourself you are doing it in order to get https://www.daz3d.com/betty-patio-furniture for 1$laugh

EDIT: I try to rationalize buying a Debut New in order to grab that betty product, lol.

Post edited by mding on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,570

mding said:

lou_harper said:

You could tell yourself you are doing it in order to get https://www.daz3d.com/betty-patio-furniture for 1$laugh

EDIT: I try to rationalize buying a Debut New in order to grab that betty product, lol.

I grabbed the Predatron Dwarf Palm Trees for it 

PerttiA said:

I grabbed the Predatron Dwarf Palm Trees for it 

Thankyou @PerttiA! I think that is what i will end up doing, it is just that i already have many Predatron palm trees, lol.

edited July 2023
    https://www.daz3d.com/figure-converter-for-genesis-9

Looks like this one is a single package that works on G3, G8, and G8.1 M/F characters and also offers PAs the ability to transfer HD morphs.

For reference and comparison, the RSSY converters.

Converting problematic clothing, hair, and poses to G9 is useful (especially considering recent releases such as Van Helsing 9 and 3DU's Cartoon Adult Female), but I don't find the idea of converting characters from previous generations to G9 to be appealing at this point.

However, I am curious if MF's converter produces better results as I recall noticing some issues in promos for the RSSY converters.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,130

It is interesting that it can be done for the 3 (well, two and a bit) generations in the one script.

I must admit I always like a round-robin capability because it means you can run a strong check on conversion capability (can do it with most of my pose convertors, and I always do it with Google Translate to/from a language I don't speak). As a result, I'd also appreciate G9 to G8 capability, it also would allow the few G9 characters I like to be used on G8...;)

Regards,

Richard