Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,083

I couldn't resist the Akhane. https://www.daz3d.com/ndfp-akhane-for-genesis-9

Slightly stylized, which works for me fine, with options that should be usable for other figures.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454

I like the new 3D Universe character bundle. She has a sweet face.

https://www.daz3d.com/cartoon-adult-female-character-hair-and-outfit-for-genesis-9

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,801

Yeah, she's cute!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318
    edited July 2023

Calliope23 said:

I like the new 3D Universe character bundle. She has a sweet face.

https://www.daz3d.com/cartoon-adult-female-character-hair-and-outfit-for-genesis-9

I couldn't buy her fast enough!  But I've installed her and can't find her.  Uninstalled - reinstalled, checked the read me.  Still missing in action.  Restarting now.  Back soon. 

[EDIT] Okay, found her.  Whew!  She ends up under /People/Genesis 9/Female/Characters/3D Universe/
    Silly me, I was looking for her under  /People/Genesis 9/Characters/3D Universe/

Loading up for a render now.

Post edited by Gogger on
    edited July 2023

If one likes toon horse scenes I think the new 3D Universe character would be fun to use with

https://www.daz3d.com/toon-horse-for-daz-horse-3

Also by 3D Universe.

I couldn't quite afford everything I wanted to make such a render, so I bought a couple inexpensive things to make a non-toon horsie scene with DAZ Horse 2 and Genesis 3 with content I already own, but I really like the idea of using the new character with the DAZ Horse 3 toon horse.

Post edited by Calliope23 on

Gogger

I couldn't buy her fast enough!  But I've installed her and can't find her.  Uninstalled - reinstalled, checked the read me.  Still missing in action.  Restarting now.  Back soon. 

[EDIT] Okay, found her.  Whew!  She ends up under /People/Genesis 9/Female/Characters/3D Universe/
    Silly me, I was looking for her under  /People/Genesis 9/Characters/3D Universe/

Loading up for a render now

Looking forward to seeing any renders of her if you care to share. smileyyes

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,263

Calliope23 said:

If one likes toon horse scenes I think the new 3D Universe character would be fun to use with

I definitely prefer the look of HiveWire's toon horse, but this one is certainly more in keeping with 3DU's style.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318
    edited July 2023

[Edit] I guess that is me being silly, thinking I could post a picture in the Forum. (I even posted to my DAZ Gallery and then tried to link it from there.)

Here's my gallery link anyway - not really an image I would normally post to my gallery, being such a quick toss-together and all. <shrug>

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6426613281456128#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1298550

[Edited to actually add image in post - it worked!]

007a_Adult_Cartoon_Female_VT.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 280K
    Post edited by Gogger on

Gordig said:

Calliope23 said:

I definitely prefer the look of HiveWire's toon horse, but this one is certainly more in keeping with 3DU's style.

Just looked at the HiveWire toon horse. I do like it, and the HW horse is really nice looking. I suppose the character wouldn't even have to ride a toon horse if one wanted to mix a more realistic looking horse with a toon character like in the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I like the human toon figure becase she reminds me of me in high school (when I was a lot younger and slender and horse crazy).

edited July 2023

Gogger said:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6426613281456128#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1298550Here is a first render - just quickly tossing something together.  oVoss Hair, Ultra Shaders: Egy

Oh wow, @Gogger ! Outstanding render. She's lovely!

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,053
    edited July 2023
    In general, I like 3DU's clothing products, but I don't like most of their characters. But the new toon does look great - much less like a child than many of their standalone characters, a bit less goofy than Toon Generations. Really hits a good balance. Quite cute.

I've said it before: G9 is still unappealing to me for most uses, but it does seem well-suited for toons. Getting to be a nice range of them available - Pixie, Kiri Dark Alt, Josie and Ally, Toon Heroes, Young Anime Heroes, Betty Grave-L, and now Cartoon Adult Female.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    edited July 2023

xyer0 said:

I wish dForce Sexy Suspender Outfit had a shirt closed morph. It's a great looking shirt. I guess I could put a t-shirt under it.

I played with it in Blender and i was able to close it. It's not perfect. I'm not very experienced with Blender, so I'm sure somebody else could do a better job. None of the included FMBs really work after closing it, because they expect the vertices to be in very different places. Between smoothing and dForce, I didn't have a problem fitting it to Kala 9.

(My rendered image won't attach. Usually it works very late at night. Not this night.This forum is really falling apart.)

Edit: Another day, another change in forum behavior. I was able to upload my image tonight.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited July 2023

I can't get my render to attach either, but here is Cartoon Adult Female Character. I put her in my gallery like @Gogger did. I can't figure out why my images are showing up so huge and fuzzy in the gallery unless I click on it, which then shows the actual size image.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6731243701927936#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1298729

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,801

https://www.daz3d.com/e3d-hallie-hd-for-genesis-9

Wow, what a character! She's stunning.

https://www.daz3d.com/magic--smart-actions-for-posing

Interesting! I want to give it a try.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,779

Hylas said:

https://www.daz3d.com/e3d-hallie-hd-for-genesis-9

Wow, what a character! She's stunning.

https://www.daz3d.com/magic--smart-actions-for-posing

Interesting! I want to give it a try.

@Hylas, I totally agree with you on Hallie. I saw her image and she grabbed me in a way other models have not in a long time. And kudos to whomever did the promo renders, I loved them and they show the versatility of this character in a fantastic way.

Mary 

I posted my closed suspender shirt above.

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

barbult said:

I posted my closed suspender shirt above.

You did a fine job. It looks great! 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,808
    edited July 2023

barbult said:

xyer0 said:

I wish dForce Sexy Suspender Outfit had a shirt closed morph. It's a great looking shirt. I guess I could put a t-shirt under it.

I played with it in Blender and i was able to close it. It's not perfect. I'm not very experienced with Blender, so I'm sure somebody else could do a better job. None of the included FMBs really work after closing it, because they expect the vertices to be in very different places. Between smoothing and dForce, I didn't have a problem fitting it to Kala 9.

(My rendered image won't attach. Usually it works very late at night. Not this night.This forum is really falling apart.)

Edit: Another day, another change in forum behavior. I was able to upload my image tonight.

Nice play ! I don't have it but it might be better to save a unique Figure / Wearable preset for the 'Closed Shirt'... It's not really necessary to make a single dial for 'Closed Morph'... updating Base Geometry may be just fine. Some existing shirt morphs may not be needed either while some could be tweaked in Blender... As for FBMS, it shoud be fine with dForce and Smoothing modifiers. It fits pretty well on Kala.

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

barbult said:

xyer0 said:

Nice play ! I don't have it but it might be better to save a unique Figure / Wearable preset for the 'Closed Shirt'... It's not really necessary to make a single dial for 'Closed Morph'... updating Base Geometry may be just fine. Some existing shirt morphs may not be needed either while some could be tweaked in Blender... As for FBMS, it shoud be fine with dForce and Smoothing modifiers. It fits pretty well on Kala.

I saved it as a wearable preset with the Blender morph I created applied at 100%. and the dForce addons I created to hold the closed area closed, and the changed positions of rigid follow nodes and buttons. The lower buttons had to be moved to the top layer of the closed area, as though the shirt were buttoned and the buttons poked through the buttonhole. It might be better to save it as a separate asset, so those inappropriate FBM don't get dialed in. Good suggestion, I think.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,409

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

xyer0 said:

I saved it as a wearable preset with the Blender morph I created applied at 100%. and the dForce addons I created to hold the closed area closed, and the changed positions of rigid follow nodes and buttons. The lower buttons had to be moved to the top layer of the closed area, as though the shirt were buttoned and the buttons poked through the buttonhole. It might be better to save it as a separate asset, so those inappropriate FBM don't get dialed in. Good suggestion, I think.

This looks awesome! Is there any chance you could upload the morphed version?  

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,343

lou_harper said:

I couldn't resist the Akhane. https://www.daz3d.com/ndfp-akhane-for-genesis-9

Slightly stylized, which works for me fine, with options that should be usable for other figures.

+1! Very interesting and versatile!

• Timbales said:

Closing the shirt on the sexy suspenders outfit would probably remove the sexy

NO :). All these outfits with "open only", are in a way throwaways. They're half as sexy if you can't open them, which is a direct consequence of not being able to close them! 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,779

barbult said:

xyer0 said:

@barbult that is a great job.

And if that is how the outfit had come I might have at least looked at it or even bought it. It is a pity as it looks like the PA put some nice detailing into the pants and shirt, to leave off an option to make it more versatile and saleable.

Mary

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

xyer0 said:

Pretty good techniques indeed .  yes

edited July 2023

tsroemi said:

barbult said:

I will have to investigate what would be feasible/legal. I can't upload anything that would include the original asset data. because that would not be legal. The Blender morph by itself is not enough for the total result.

Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

tsroemi said:

barbult said:

I will have to investigate what would be feasible/legal. I can't upload anything that would include the original asset data. because that would not be legal. The Blender morph by itself is not enough for the total result.

No, you can't... I was blamed once by Richard...crying

• felisfelis Posts: 3,751

You should be able to save the morph, save the dForce add-on, and then save the clothing as a wearable preset.

Then your packet only include data that your yourself has generated, as the rest will reference the product.

felis said:

You should be able to save the morph, save the dForce add-on, and then save the clothing as a wearable preset.

Then your packet only include data that your yourself has generated, as the rest will reference the product.

That's what I thought, too. Thanks for the confirmation.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,083

barbult said:

That's a great job. If the promo looked like that I would've definitely bought the outfit.