Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137

Almost overlooked https://www.daz3d.com/pt-brilliant-evolution-hdri-lighting

I love papertiger's light sets, so this one will be my choice for today.

• marqueA2marqueA2 Posts: 33
    edited June 2023

Having the required original item in the bundle would have saved me a lot of searching to figure out why there was a HUGE gaping hole with large sections of the front of the building missing in the 'courtyard' environment. Or at least a facade for the view from the courtyard. I dunno. I did not realize I need to purchase the hall seperately. It is all gorgeous though, and now that I've purchased it as well, and the Hall is in place, it looks so much better. LOL.

Post edited by marqueA2 on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,073

I rather like https://www.daz3d.com/z-fancy-scooter. The reason, well it's probably fairly silly and you may not agree with it, but I like it because it has the tyre tread in mesh, not in texture. That makes a fair difference to me, because the tread shows even edge on. There are a few car models where the tread is in texture and seen sideways on, there is no bobbly-ness to the tread and it looks pretty bad. I know it's a little thing, but for some reason I pick up on it.

Regards,

Richard

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,483

We definitely need more cars and vehicles, but ones that look like they came from a game 30 years ago...frown

https://www.daz3d.com/xi-prevalent-minivan

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

PerttiA said:

We definitely need more cars and vehicles, but ones that look like they came from a game 30 years ago...frown

Yep, do need neither that minivan nor the baby travel from todays Olivia 9 pro bundle. But whereas the baby travel is nicely done this van is a bit too plain from my perspective. 

• NightflyNightfly Posts: 36

Rod Wise Driggo said:

PerttiA said:

Yep, do need neither that minivan nor the baby travel from todays Olivia 9 pro bundle. But whereas the baby travel is nicely done this van is a bit too plain from my perspective. 

This will not become a product in my vehicle fleet. frown
    I like the designs and details of Polish, Zeddicus etc.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna minivan and I think all countries require rear lights to have a combination of lights, to indicate turns, braking, low-light... in the back and front regardless of make or model. The inside is not even as detailed as one of the earliest minivans, much less one from the 2020s. What about cup holders, internet hook-ups, and in newer models, video monitors on the back of the front seats.

In the center, my van has two captain seats, with a space to move into the back, and flip seats that can fold down. Other vans seats can fold into the floor so the seats other than the front two lay flat, giving you a large storage space. I love vans for that. Covered storage to run to the hardware store and load up DIY goods.

If the van has these items, the promos do not do it justice.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,693

I feel trolled by the minivan: "Here's yer @#%&*in' minivan!"

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

I have no need for Baby Travel, but B.E.T.T.Y. stuff is always so nice.

https://www.daz3d.com/betty-baby-travel

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,328
    edited June 2023

lou_harper said:

I have no need for Baby Travel, but B.E.T.T.Y. stuff is always so nice.

https://www.daz3d.com/betty-baby-travel

I'd be more interested in it if there was some poses for a baby in it and properly strapped.. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

richardandtracy said:

I rather like https://www.daz3d.com/z-fancy-scooter. The reason, well it's probably fairly silly and you may not agree with it, but I like it because it has the tyre tread in mesh, not in texture. That makes a fair difference to me, because the tread shows even edge on. There are a few car models where the tread is in texture and seen sideways on, there is no bobbly-ness to the tread and it looks pretty bad. I know it's a little thing, but for some reason I pick up on it.

Regards,

Richard

My buying finger was just itching to put that scooter in the cart, but I think I have 3 or 4 of them already. LOL laugh 

• vamokvamok Posts: 238

I bought the minivan.

I paid around 3 bucks for it with various discounts and tokens. I think it will be an excellent "supporting character" sitting in the background with a little DoF. It may also look good in a scene where much supplemental traffic is needed.

It may not be a star, but it is good enough for folks like me who enjoy "slice of life" types of renders. Soccer moms and disgruntled cubicle workers rejoice, your chariot has arrived!

Besides, I needed a qualifying item to discount some other things. The savings paid for the van and more :-)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,483

AllenArt said:

richardandtracy said:

My buying finger was just itching to put that scooter in the cart, but I think I have 3 or 4 of them already. LOL laugh 

I have had it in my cart several times, but so far it has fallen off when trimming the cart down. How many days is it going to be "Still new"? 

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 576
    Or not. returning two cars. Because cars have door pillars and don't have floating seat belt anchor points. Another vendor I will not be spending money on again
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,845

myotherworld said:

Or not. returning two cars. Because cars have door pillars and don't have floating seat belt anchor points. Another vendor I will not be spending money on again

you're right, looking at my animation can see the floating front doors, that's terrible

it was cheap enough and likely I won't be showing it with open doors (and can probably add some geometry myself) but still 

• AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205
    edited June 2023

I'm really interested in hypertaf's new monkey for G9 (especially for trying to kitbash a gibbon). 

It looks a little odd in the pose set though? Is that likely merely a lighting / expression thing? The hair looks thinner, and the skin seems really shiny.

I'd assume the base product's images are more accurate to expected render results.

edit: I just got the monkey, and thought I update. There is optional long hair for the head and a low density setting available for the fur. That seems likely to be why it appears different.

Post edited by Astraffel on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Sitting in my cart right now, is the English Village Pub. I took one look at the promos and didn't even think about how it might affect the balance sheet and sent it into my cart. Any other item I added after that was just an afterthought. Reminds me of when I lived in Framlingham.

(That was weird, I am writing this and Google Chrome just popped up to tell me that an add-on 'Font' something contained malware!? So I removed it, but what caused them to twig on it now?)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,328

memcneil70 said:

Sitting in my cart right now, is the English Village Pub. I took one look at the promos and didn't even think about how it might affect the balance sheet and sent it into my cart. Any other item I added after that was just an afterthought. Reminds me of when I lived in Framlingham.

I really like this model and it even has a nice interior. I really hope there will be an addon pack with appropriate furnishings. 

• Charlie Judge said:

memcneil70 said:

I really like this model and it even has a nice interior. I really hope there will be an addon pack with appropriate furnishings. 

Same here. I will get it the next time I'm buying. 

• LindaBLindaB Posts: 169

I love the new monkey and the addon for him! He went right in my cart.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

memcneil70 said:

Same here. I will get it the next time I'm buying. 

Am also really liking it and got it right away. Maybe there'll be an interior later on, or some more houses to create an entire village? That would sure be nice. - I also got the monkey, he's just too cute, and looks quite realistic at the same time I think. Interesting new releases today! A bit different from the same old, same old of skimpwear, girls and sci-fi. 

• AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205
    edited June 2023

Is the metal sign over the entrance of the English Village Pub the Welsh dragon?

I'm imagining a Middle-earth hybrid between the Green Dragon and the Prancing Pony!

Post edited by Astraffel on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,073
    As a house, the pub model is pretty amazing. Just don't know why it's tagged as a pub, as there's no pub-like interior. Needs good quality rustic furnishings. But it's a good model as it is. Regards, Richard.
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,327

Sometimes for days or weeks there are hardly any new releases that interest me, and then it all comes in one day - like today. Sloshwerk's new hair shaders, GNBD's Henna Tattos & Brushes, Arki's & Shox' Zephyr Outfit, and the Roxy Sandals... Plus this 4-hour flash sale - my bank account is crying  crying

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,033
    I purchased MoonK-TG's initial three offerings, and later tonight I'll be buying MKTG Star Dancer Outfit, too - it looks gorgeous and detailed, and it supports G8! Easily one of my favorite newer PAs. :)

Akhelloos' Protostar Hair looks quite nice, too - especially for a first Daz product. Cute style. Lots of options - different clips, colors, morphs. I like it.
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,783

Welcome PAMAWO to the DAZ store!

They have been selling excellent items on Renderosity for a while already.

Right off the bat a product that still supports G8, I appreciate that.

• PAMAWOPAMAWO Posts: 9

Hylas said:

Welcome PAMAWO to the DAZ store!

They have been selling excellent items on Renderosity for a while already.

Right off the bat a product that still supports G8, I appreciate that.

I discover this forum only now and I answer late.
    Thanks for the appreciation...a whole new batch of new products are coming and I'm quickly transferring almost all of the products here to Daz. :)

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,252
    SY Morphing Primitives and Merchant Resource looks very useful and reasonably priced for everything it has.
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited June 2023

uhhhmmm well....

The Monster Mashup seems to encapsulate all that I am not happy about G9...
    Here is a demo image...
    Monster M'oobs
    My goodness, this seems to be the kind of image that Daz normaly flags as NSFW... and that is the dude!
    Ribcage in the through the breasts?... Man boobs..interesting take. But I see why the artist moved the nipples to the side, otherwise it'd look like....

Post edited by Chumly on
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,137

Thanks for the headsup @Chumly!

I like the http://dforce XI Old Hag Outfit for Genesis 9, though, nice to see some more witch stuff, lol.

BTW https://www.daz3d.com/cake-one is on sale ATM and i would like to know what is your impression of his/her hdri DOF environments? Had a look at https://www.daz3d.com/ultrahd-iray-hdri-with-dof--holliday-houses which i liked. Is he/she like https://www.daz3d.com/dimensiontheory quality-wise? Thanks!