Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,241
    edited March 9

Hylas said:

https://www.daz3d.com/leather-romper-outfit-for-genesis-9

Admittedly I only got this to unlock some other discounts. But now that I have it I want to point out something.

This item is designed for the feminine shape, and I don't expect every G9 garment to be unisex. But this particular item could have been unisex with just a little more thought, and it's such a missed opportunity.

The funny thing is, I think they intended it to be unisex, because it comes with fit morph for many male characters, as well as female ones.

• Dain 9
    • Genghis Khan 9
    • Ivar 9
    • Julius 9
    • Lawrence 9
    • Michael 9
    • Nathan 9
    • Nikolai 9
    • Thimor 9
    • Wang 9
    • Zack 9

I too immediately put it on a male - Walter. It's not very flattering on Walter with his slump and protruding belly in this pose. The garment looks well made and didn't distort badly.
    I didn't discover the texturing issues, though. That's a shame.

Old george hair and Beard Omni No denoise PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

Oh dear. Look at the red Leather Romper material with the belt surface hidden. We've regressed a decade. Baked in shadows are back.sad

Screenshot 2024-03-09 145819 belt hidden Red.jpg
    1103 x 1358 - 171K
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,088

Hylas said:

lou_harper said:

Ooh, I like that, Hylas. Now I almost wish I bought that outfit. I wonder if you could edit the texture files themselves. I've done stuff like that before. The cloning stamp should do the job.

that's what i did in the 2nd picture, the zipper is now fixed and the weird splotches around the waist are gone-ish, compared to the 1st picture. I guess the effect is real subtle XD

Oh, I thought you did it in post. Sometimes I rather fix something in post than fudge around with it forever in DAZ.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,804

barbult said:

Oh dear. Look at the red Leather Romper material with the belt surface hidden. We've regressed a decade. Baked in shadows are back.sad

Yikes! I hadn't even looked at the red colourway, it's so much worse!

Your simple post expresses perfectly what I was trying to say, perhap I made it too complicated cool

The Chrysalis Wings are nice. And they are both for G8 and G9 too.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,256

Ah yes. Always a treat to see something by Fabiana.

• Does anyone know if the Chrysalis Wings here at DAZ, include anything different to the set sold over at Rendo?

Almost certainly new materials. And possibly a few more morphs. Fabiana often reworks her older items. Somethine quite thoroughly, without changing their names.

And today we get a new Jewelery set from her. With useful bits that can probably be used anywhere. 

edited March 12

https://www.daz3d.com/minimalism-swimming-pool

The Minimalism Swimming Pool has a lovely design, but I feel the PA took it a little too far with the minimalism when it comes to the textures. I think all those smooth white surfaces look a little unreal, like I can't quite tell what those objects are supposed to be made of. I still wishlisted it, it probably won't be a problem to apply my own additional textures. At least I hope the walls, ground, and the inside of the pool are separate material zones!

Post edited by Hylas on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,587
    edited March 12

Hylas said:

The Minimalism Swimming Pool has a lovely design, but I feel the PA took it a little too far with the minimalism when it comes to the textures. I think all those smooth white surfaces look a little unreal, like I can't quite tell what those objects are supposed to made of. I still wishlisted it, it probably won't be a problem to apply my own additional textures. At least I hope the walls, ground, and the inside of the pool are separate material zones!

It's because such evenly clean pure white surfaces are impossible in reality, the one and only exception being Jamie Hynemans shirt.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • JOdel said:

Almost certainly new materials. And possibly a few more morphs. Fabiana often reworks her older items. Somethine quite thoroughly, without changing their names.

And today we get a new Jewelery set from her. With useful bits that can probably be used anywhere.

Comparing the information at both stores I don't think there's a difference - even the promos are the same at both stores!

The new set http://www.daz3d.com/fk-feathery-bits-jewelry-set-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-females is already in my wishlist - it's gorgeous!! :)

Sports Club is nice and has stuff missing from the store.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 317

PerttiA said:

It's because such evenly clean pure white surfaces are impossible in reality, the one and only exception being Jamie Hynemans shirt.

Thank you. I urgently needed that laugh!

• FabianaFabiana Posts: 123

CreekyPointStudios said:

JOdel said:

Comparing the information at both stores I don't think there's a difference - even the promos are the same at both stores!

The new set http://www.daz3d.com/fk-feathery-bits-jewelry-set-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-females is already in my wishlist - it's gorgeous!! :)

Hello everyone, thank you for the comments about the Feathery Bits, and yes, the Wings are the same, unfortunately seems that the line that explained that got missed on the description, but I asked to the administrators to fix it asap.
    Believe me that when something has changes or enhancements I always tell it clear so nobody can confuse :D

Thank you again JOdel and CreekyPoint for the nice comments heart always encouraging :D

Fabi

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,419

Fabiana said:

CreekyPointStudios said:

JOdel said:

Hello everyone, thank you for the comments about the Feathery Bits, and yes, the Wings are the same, unfortunately seems that the line that explained that got missed on the description, but I asked to the administrators to fix it asap.
    Believe me that when something has changes or enhancements I always tell it clear so nobody can confuse :D

Thank you again JOdel and CreekyPoint for the nice comments heart always encouraging :D

Fabi

Thanks for the clarification, that's very helpful! And also mega thumbs-up from me for the Feathery Bits - I don't need them in the slightest, but they're SO pretty, and my day needs pretty angel

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,149
    Hylas said:

The Minimalism Swimming Pool has a lovely design, but I feel the PA took it a little too far with the minimalism when it comes to the textures. I think all those smooth white surfaces look a little unreal, like I can't quite tell what those objects are supposed to be made of. I still wishlisted it, it probably won't be a problem to apply my own additional textures. At least I hope the walls, ground, and the inside of the pool are separate material zones!

I rather like it too, and agree that the surfaces are flat and unbothered by the sort of details you see in reality. Which is why I will give it a miss. It's flat enough that I could do it myself - and I'm not good at texturing. So I think I may do something similar this year. Regards, Richard.

tsroemi said:

Fabiana said:

CreekyPointStudios said:

JOdel said:

Fabi

Thanks for the clarification, that's very helpful! And also mega thumbs-up from me for the Feathery Bits - I don't need them in the slightest, but they're SO pretty, and my day needs pretty angel

Believe me that all of us need a smile and a bit of "pretty" on our lives... I ust bought myself a plant to gratify me and feel happy :D

Thank you so much for thumbs up!

I just bought the feathers. I'll post a render after I get them installed. I couldn't resist after seeing the promos and who created them.

That last promo with the hairsticks was particuarly tempting. How many other things could be dressed up with some dangling beads and feathers?

barbult said:

I just bought the feathers. I'll post a render after I get them installed. I couldn't resist after seeing the promos and who created them.

I can´t wait to see what you will render heart 

JOdel said:

That last promo with the hairsticks was particuarly tempting. How many other things could be dressed up with some dangling beads and feathers?

Loads and loads, lol. I had to stop myself, but I guess we will see interesting shots in the near future wink

edited March 13

Fabiana said:

barbult said:

I couldn't stop playing with all the options. I love them! I had to finally settle on something. I intentionally made the earrings a slightly different style than the necklace, but the same color (one of the presets). I can't wait to try these on the dforce Omni necklaces, too. Is there a commercial thread for the feather product?

G9 Feather Accessories_003_Camera 2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Fabiana said:

barbult said:

I couldn't stop playing with all the options. I love them! I had to finally settle on something. I intentionally made the earrings a slightly different style than the necklace, but the same color (one of the presets). I can't wait to try these on the dforce Omni necklaces, too. Is there a commercial thread for the feather product?

this is absolutely beautiful! Love the mood! I didnt a commercial thread, will do it tomorrow, today I am just done. Thank you for posting!

I picked up the feathers too. Too nice to pass up.

LOL, who wears a corset, skinny jeans, and tennis shoes? laugh

Hylas said:

LOL, who wears a corset, skinny jeans, and tennis shoes? laugh

That may be a strange style choice, but you only get the jeans anyway.
  • bombenleger58bombenleger58 Posts: 100

The skinny jeans looks good, but what is include jeans , corsett, heels and sneakers??

• ElorElor Posts: 742

Are you sure ? The two clay renders give the impression that the corset and the shoes are included and they are files related to them in the package, according to the file list.

• bombenleger58bombenleger58 Posts: 100

@elor  the included items can you find only in the Filelist.

bombenleger58 said:

@elor  the included items can you find only in the Filelist.

I was going by the product page description. It lists only the jeans. So, I wonder which is true - product page or file list.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 044627.jpg
    1056 x 622 - 106K