Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

PerttiA said:

Looks promising, with 9 new items out of 17 in the cart, the cart is already at 90% off.

The Presidential bundle is instabuy, even with the car looking like it does

Really? Because of the Oval Office? I

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,924
    edited July 4

happy rendering, everyone.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

xyer0 said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

Looks promising, with 9 new items out of 17 in the cart, the cart is already at 90% off.

The car? The Oval Office looks pretty decent. It's oval because it's the egg from which Horus/Apollo will be born; his dad's symbol is outside the window in front of the rising sun. Fortunately, the plane package has a short stairs morph, since someone kept falling on the long stairs.

Yeah, even though the "Beast" has bigger tires than normal, the ones in the promo renders look like oversized donuts, but at least it looks more believable than other vehicles from the same creator.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,021

Actually, the Beast threw me a curve too. I have heard it is extremely small inside, a tight space due to the amount of armor in the walls of the vehicle. The promo shot shows it spacious and with seats facing the forward facing seats. (I have no idea what the interior does look like, except from photos taken from the street of the presidential couple.)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,378
    edited July 4

I have zero need for anything related to the president of the USA so I just checked the product pages to see what was included.

I found it funny that they included that pic in the promos for the Oval Office:

Post edited by Leana on

PerttiA said:

xyer0 said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

The car? The Oval Office looks pretty decent. It's oval because it's the egg from which Horus/Apollo will be born; his dad's symbol is outside the window in front of the rising sun. Fortunately, the plane package has a short stairs morph, since someone kept falling on the long stairs.

Yeah, even though the "Beast" has bigger tires than normal, the ones in the promo renders look like oversized donuts, but at least it looks more believable than other vehicles from the same creator.

Ah, I see, would never have guessed that. I thought the car looked rather clumsy, and as to the interior, I felt like, If I were president, I would surely start with a thorough redecoration right here ...  wink Actually, I only looked inside because I was hoping for a sweet liquor storage department. We only have one of these in a car I reckon, in the Polish stretch limo. Would have loved to see something like this in another type of car, but alas. Everything else (except oval office) I already own in one or other iteration: luxury car, VIP plane, over-the-top office space / plane interior ... But I understand that it's about this specific car that you guys are interested in.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 384

Once again the Daz store shows its supernatural ability to put out a product right after it's too late for me to need it. Just released a story three days ago where the office of the President of the United States is a major location, and now, TODAY, here comes the Oval Office. Feh.

(And there's no point buying it now; I doubt I will do any stories involving the president in the future, and the problem with the Oval Office is you can't use it for anything BUT the Oval Office.)

I'll end up buying the limo sooner or later. I didn't today because I spent enough money in the storewide sale on some G3 stuff, but I've been looking for a limo that has an absolutely flat floor between the facing back seats, with no consoles or footwells. Two of Polish's three limos have consoles and footwells and the third is a stretch "party limo" with liquor cabinet etc, which is exactly what I don't want, as is the crusty old 2007 AM limo.

Someone who did buy today's limo: How hard is it to get the presidential seal off everything? Particularly the one in the center of the back seats, since it's the interior I'm mostly interested in?

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

Ah, I see, would never have guessed that. I thought the car looked rather clumsy,

The Beast does look clumsy due to the heavy armoring, the previous ones especially so.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,640
    edited July 5

Couldn't resist the presidents bundle.Bought it and nothing else. Googling related articles for research I found this which looks exactly the same as XI PB Presidential Aircraft. Despite having no tokens, I got the bundle for 16+change by using the the DAZ+ coupon (had it down to $8.00 +change but decided to invest an extra $8.00 in the buundle rather than buying some releases I really did not need). I absolutely love this bundle heartyes. I tested the wishlist and the sale works with a new DAZ+ release so I may dive back in and scoop some wishlisted but probably not because most of my wishlisted items are new or off sale. Unless I buy old old old Daz originals at 89% off, the math does not work for me..

Capture2.JPG
    1060 x 794 - 114K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
    edited July 5

columbine said:

Once again the Daz store shows its supernatural ability to put out a product right after it's too late for me to need it. Just released a story three days ago where the office of the President of the United States is a major location, and now, TODAY, here comes the Oval Office. Feh.

(And there's no point buying it now; I doubt I will do any stories involving the president in the future, and the problem with the Oval Office is you can't use it for anything BUT the Oval Office.)

I'll end up buying the limo sooner or later. I didn't today because I spent enough money in the storewide sale on some G3 stuff, but I've been looking for a limo that has an absolutely flat floor between the facing back seats, with no consoles or footwells. Two of Polish's three limos have consoles and footwells and the third is a stretch "party limo" with liquor cabinet etc, which is exactly what I don't want, as is the crusty old 2007 AM limo.

Someone who did buy today's limo: How hard is it to get the presidential seal off everything? Particularly the one in the center of the back seats, since it's the interior I'm mostly interested in?

I own other similar assets too but this one wins hands down. You could use the oval as a turret/tower base and kitbash. For seals use Gimp or PS and repaint the seal. I often do this with T-Shirts or Items that have the vendors name or initials slathered over the props. BTW you can buy wish-listed items with code 1776 with just a DAZ+. To further reduce that purchase you have to buy one bundle from yestedays sale (Martin, FG or 3D Universe) and the also buy two individual items from the Universe sale. EG: Martins flower bundle, and 3D Universes character, and the clothing or whaterver. 1 BUNDLE two items will get you the lowest price on the wishlisted sale. For me it was not worth it because I own a truckload of stuff and recently dumped most of my stagnat wishlist and only kept stuff I really, really, need. 

• SolitarySandpiperSolitarySandpiper Posts: 510
    edited July 5

ArtAngel said

BTW you can buy wish-listed items with code 1776 with just a DAZ+. To further reduce that purchase you have to buy one bundle from yestedays sale (Martin, FG or 3D Universe) and the also buy two individual items from the Universe sale. EG: Martins flower bundle, and 3D Universes character, and the clothing or whaterver. 1 BUNDLE two items will get you the lowest price on the wishlisted sale. For me it was not worth it because I own a truckload of stuff and recently dumped most of my stagnat wishlist and only kept stuff I really, really, need. 

Not that I needed or even wanted any of the buy ins but I found getting the universe bundle and the flowers as the two additional items meant that I got all the items from both bundles for less than a dollar more than doing it the other way round... that has left the flower bundle available again for getting even more off another cart today.

It can get messy and sometimes wasteful shopping here at daz.... but it's always good practise to buy later in the day to check if anyone has spotted a saving that might have otherwise been missed crying

Post edited by SolitarySandpiper on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,312
    I'm disappointed the Solara suit is only offered for G8F in addition to G9. It's something I probably could use, and having the flexibility to use it for both my G9M and G8M characters without trying a bunch of work arounds that don't always deliver a good outcome.

SolitarySandpiper said:

It can get messy and sometimes wasteful shopping here at daz.... but it's always good practise to buy later in the day to check if anyone has spotted a saving that might have otherwise been missed crying

Also because the validity of the earned tokens gets extended by one day if one waits until after 6PM Daztime before pulling the trigger. 

edited July 8

dForce SU Bodysuit for Genesis 9, 8.1, and 8 Female | Daz 3D
    SueYee products great as always, but I wonder how someone would get into this body suit in real life.

Post edited by Masterstroke on

Masterstroke said:

SueYee products great as always, but I wonder how someone would get into this body suit in real life.

I thought those can be opened from the bottom when one goes to relieve oneself 

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,457

Leana said:

I have zero need for anything related to the president of the USA so I just checked the product pages to see what was included.

I found it funny that they included that pic in the promos for the Oval Office:

scene from X2 Xmen United where a brainwashed Nightcrawler tries to assassinate the president taking out several guards before being shot in the arm which ignites the anti mutant feelings

PerttiA said:

Masterstroke said:

I thought those can be opened from the bottom when one goes to relieve oneself 

Real life suits, of course, but this one? ;-)  

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,154

Masterstroke said:

I figure it could work as a shirt with jeans, just would have to deal with poke-throughs. I had disappointing experience with dForce SU One Piece Dress. The chest area dforced horribly.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,021

I had a long-sleeve shirt like this in the 70s, and like @PerttiA said, there was an opening at the crotch. It was kind of stretchy and you pulled it over your head, shimmied it down, pulling your arms in as you worked into it, and then finally smoothed it over your bra, panties, pantyhose... before you snapped it. And when you went the bathroom, the front and back tabs snuck back up, and you had to fight to get it back down to snap again. But, it kept a smooth line for the pants/skirts of the time. Now think about doing this manuever in a bar's bathroom, drunk, and your fingers aren't working like they did when you got dressed sober. I wore it maybe two times. PITA!

A 3D character's clothing doesn't need to consider the reality of actual wearing, as many outfits in the store has shown.

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

I figure it could work as a shirt with jeans, just would have to deal with poke-throughs. I had disappointing experience with dForce SU One Piece Dress. The chest area dforced horribly.

Oh no, I bought that dress specifically because I liked the collar and buttons a lot ... Dang. Couldn't play with it myself yet. Was it so bad you had to return it? 

edited July 9

Love Elis Hair for Genesis 9 hair.

It really reminds me of Alice Cullen's hairdo (Twilight Series)

Alice Hair.JPG
    553 x 632 - 55K

tsroemi said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

Oh no, I bought that dress specifically because I liked the collar and buttons a lot ... Dang. Couldn't play with it myself yet. Was it so bad you had to return it? 

I have this dress, but no problems so far. 

• mdingmding Posts: 1,205

ArtAngel said:

Love Elis Hair for Genesis 9 hair.

It really reminds me of Alice Cullen's hairdo (Twilight Series)

I also like it but only wishlisted for the moment. Reminded me a bit of 

https://www.daz3d.com/tammy-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s-genesis-2-female-s-and-victoria-4

but it is of course quite different and seems to be very versatile.

Masterstroke said:

tsroemi said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

This sounds good, thanks for chiming in! Maybe something just went wrong for the poster above, and it's not a general problem? I really need to try for myself now, but just can't find enough time atm. Maybe weekend. 

Masterstroke said:

tsroemi said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

I don't know, maybe it was a glitch. I tried it on a a figure that was somewhat custom, and the breast area just sagged horribly. But when I tried it just now on Vicky 9 it looked fine.

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

tsroemi said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

I don't know, maybe it was a glitch. I tried it on a a figure that was somewhat custom, and the breast area just sagged horribly. But when I tried it just now on Vicky 9 it looked fine.

In fact, some characters with petit breasts are causing weird distorsions on clothes, not just this item.
    It has become a standard procedure for me to fix those areas with my own character right away. 

Masterstroke said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

tsroemi said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

In fact, some characters with petit breasts are causing weird distorsions on clothes, not just this item.
    It has become a standard procedure for me to fix those areas with my own character right away. 

How do you do that?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

Timbales said:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hnc24-mens-summer-outfit-for-genesis-9 A good, versatile set.

if dforce is used, will they become less "stiff" ? Look too starchy pressed for casual. 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,312
    daveso said:

Timbales said:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hnc24-mens-summer-outfit-for-genesis-9 A good, versatile set.

if dforce is used, will they become less "stiff" ? Look too starchy pressed for casual. 

I have this product and it's very handy for dforce garments, especially when there are different mat zones for areas like the collar that would be naturally stiffer than the body of the shirt. https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-master-cloth-simulation-presets
This discussion has been closed.