• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215

Masterstroke said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

tsroemi said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

dForce SU Bodysuit for Genesis 9, 8.1, and 8 Female | Daz 3D
    SueYee products great as always, but I wonder how someone would get into this body suit in real life.

I figure it could work as a shirt with jeans, just would have to deal with poke-throughs. I had disappointing experience with dForce SU One Piece Dress. The chest area dforced horribly.

Oh no, I bought that dress specifically because I liked the collar and buttons a lot ... Dang. Couldn't play with it myself yet. Was it so bad you had to return it? 

I have this dress, but no problems so far. 

I don't know, maybe it was a glitch. I tried it on a a figure that was somewhat custom, and the breast area just sagged horribly. But when I tried it just now on Vicky 9 it looked fine.

In fact, some characters with petit breasts are causing weird distorsions on clothes, not just this item.
    It has become a standard procedure for me to fix those areas with my own character right away. 

That is to be expected, really - changing the breasts size does not touch the area around the breasts, especially the sternum, so there are no changes for DS to project into the clothing for an unsupported shape. As a result it is quite likely that areas of cloth that were bridging between the breats or hanging loosely down from the breasts will be left behind, while the area of the berasts is shrubnk back (or expanded out, though this is often less obvious) with a nasty, jagged transition between the two areas.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,896

What's dForce about the superhero costume?

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

Hylas said:

What's dForce about the superhero costume?

There's a superhero invisible flowing cape included maybe ...? 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,021

I was looking at the outfits and noticed something weird with the buttons vs buttonholes on https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-presidential-outfit-for-genesis-9.

Where the coat is not buttoned fully up, there doesn't seem to be an opposing buttonhole. And the buttons seem to be on the wrong side for where the other side of the coat overlaps. If you look at the two versions, the the buttons are on the right side, and the overlapping side, should have the buttonholes and it is under the right side where the buttons are. On the texture set too. Or am I seeing something that is not there? (Two sips of coffee so far.)

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113
    "Donnie 9" ... "Joey 9"

Core figure naming convention?! First we saw editorial content in the Pro bundles with Wagner/Nightcrawler, and now likenesses of real-world politicians? Gross. Sad to watch the G9 line go from getting better and better to falling so completely from grace. :|
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,924

lou_harper said:[...]

In fact, some characters with petit breasts are causing weird distorsions on clothes, not just this item.
    It has become a standard procedure for me to fix those areas with my own character right away. 

How do you do that?

It's all GoZ magic ;-) 

• VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 106

My thread about Donnie and Joey 9 was closed.....I think it's not permitted speaking about this subject

Venomisbeauty said:

My thread about Donnie and Joey 9 was closed.....I think it's not permitted speaking about this subject

Because the moderators wanted to avoid heated discussions.  That's why political remarks are removed.
    On the other side, in those crazy times, what did DAZ expect with this release?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908
    edited July 11

Venomisbeauty said:

ATM it's "temporary (I think)" until we can figure out how to manage this when the whole team is on. This is as much of a shock to us.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited July 11
    I believe they have managed to achieve a masterpiece in publishing two products that they can sell, but which we cannot talk about
    Post edited by Venomisbeauty on
    frank0314 said:

Venomisbeauty said:

ATM it's "temporary (I think)" until we can figure out how to manage this when the whole team is on. This is as much of a shock to us.

Ok, thanks for the info
  • Venomisbeauty said:

I believe they have managed to achieve a masterpiece in publishing two products that they can sell, but which we cannot talk about

The first rule of Donnie and Joey is, you do not talk about Donnie and Joey. The second rule of Donnie and Joey is, you DO NOT TALK about Donnie and Joey XD 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

Venomisbeauty said:

They could make a whole series, many interesting characters there 

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,517

frank0314 said:

Venomisbeauty said:

I'll be honest, this is going to get discussed regardless of whether that thread was locked, and at least having one specific place for it would contain it better than it spilling out across any other thread people can find.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708

frank0314 said:

Venomisbeauty said:

You folx should be getting hazard pay for this, straight up. 

britscriptwriter said:

Venomisbeauty said:

The first rule of Donnie and Joey is, you do not talk about Donnie and Joey. The second rule of Donnie and Joey is, you DO NOT TALK about Donnie and Joey XD 

where is the "Like" button, when you need one?
    ;-) 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,143
    DAZ seems to have renamed these opposing new releases because on one of Joey 9's product pics, the expressions one, he's called "Joey for Genesis 9." He and Donnie weren't originally created as base characters in mind. Similar to how the G8 babies Tobyn HD and Caryn HD were handled.

MimicMolly said:

DAZ seems to have renamed these opposing new releases because on one of Joey 9's product pics, the expressions one, he's called "Joey for Genesis 9." He and Donnie weren't originally created as base characters in mind. Similar to how the G8 babies Tobyn HD and Caryn HD were handled.

To correct a common misconception, while some vendor products may have named them as Tobyn 8 or Caryn 8, Tobyn and Caryn are not themselves named as core characters:

https://www.daz3d.com/tobyn-hd-for-genesis-8-male
    https://www.daz3d.com/caryn-hd-for-genesis-8-female

• ElorElor Posts: 1,075

PerttiA said:

They could make a whole series, many interesting characters there 

If they do that, at least people asking for male content will be very happy.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

Matt_Castle said:

frank0314 said:

Venomisbeauty said:

I'll be honest, this is going to get discussed regardless of whether that thread was locked, and at least having one specific place for it would contain it better than it spilling out across any other thread people can find.

It's been reopened now with an announcement being made in the Commons as well which is link in my post in that thread

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,300

Right words: shocking bundles of todays releases.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,312

I'm only interested in today's dForce Superhero Outfit and Add-on set. 

The Founding Father's outfit is interesting, but the buttons being just a part of the texture means they're always going to look distrorted. If I had a use for it, I'd likely want to attach a bunch of prop buttons. 

The golf outfit is a no based on the collar & placket, and belt buckle. 

The Presidential outfit - there are much better looking suits in the store already. 

The new male presenting G9 characters - I wouldn't download one of them if it was a freebie, and the other might be useful if I just wanted an elderly man's face. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,864

Matt_Castle said:

frank0314 said:

Venomisbeauty said:

In the name of diversity, I can't wait to see the first centaur presidential candidate. 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,154

Richard Haseltine said:

Masterstroke said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

tsroemi said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

SueYee products great as always, but I wonder how someone would get into this body suit in real life.

I figure it could work as a shirt with jeans, just would have to deal with poke-throughs. I had disappointing experience with dForce SU One Piece Dress. The chest area dforced horribly.

Oh no, I bought that dress specifically because I liked the collar and buttons a lot ... Dang. Couldn't play with it myself yet. Was it so bad you had to return it? 

I don't know, maybe it was a glitch. I tried it on a a figure that was somewhat custom, and the breast area just sagged horribly. But when I tried it just now on Vicky 9 it looked fine.

That is to be expected, really - changing the breasts size does not touch the area around the breasts, especially the sternum, so there are no changes for DS to project into the clothing for an unsupported shape. As a result it is quite likely that areas of cloth that were bridging between the breats or hanging loosely down from the breasts will be left behind, while the area of the berasts is shrubnk back (or expanded out, though this is often less obvious) with a nasty, jagged transition between the two areas.

The sad part is that with a dress like that the top part looks fine without dforce.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 384

Masterstroke said:

Venomisbeauty said:

Because the moderators wanted to avoid heated discussions.  That's why political remarks are removed.

Me, seeing the store today: Oh, lord, I'm a little afraid to go look at the forums.

Meanwhile, I have a confession to make: I am seriously thinking of buying Donnie. No, not to use AS Donnie--perish forbid. But there aren't a lot of gone-to-seed older characters in G9, and frankly when it comes to using male characters I seem to have a lot more story need for Horrible Ugly Old Men than Horrible Hot Young Men (I do sometimes put male characters in my stories who aren't horrible, but not often), so he would be welcome for figurebashing. Also, buried in the middle of his item page is an image of She-Donnie, wearing pearls and looking more than a little bit like Kathy Bates in Do Not Cross This Woman mode. HER, I can use.

The question, of course, is whether it's worth paying fifteen bucks for a character I will never never use for its intended purpose.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997

Richard Haseltine said:

Masterstroke said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

tsroemi said:

lou_harper said:

Masterstroke said:

The sad part is that with a dress like that the top part looks fine without dforce.

I personally think the upper part of that dress would benefit greatly from some dynamics, if it worked well. Something open with no support structure underneath should be able to move more. Realistically though I haven't seen dforce work quite well enough on areas like this, and they're often mapped out by vendors to keep a decent structure.
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

columbine said:

Masterstroke said:

Venomisbeauty said:

Me, seeing the store today: Oh, lord, I'm a little afraid to go look at the forums.

Meanwhile, I have a confession to make: I am seriously thinking of buying Donnie. No, not to use AS Donnie--perish forbid. But there aren't a lot of gone-to-seed older characters in G9, and frankly when it comes to using male characters I seem to have a lot more story need for Horrible Ugly Old Men than Horrible Hot Young Men (I do sometimes put male characters in my stories who aren't horrible, but not often), so he would be welcome for figurebashing. Also, buried in the middle of his item page is an image of She-Donnie, wearing pearls and looking more than a little bit like Kathy Bates in Do Not Cross This Woman mode. HER, I can use.

The question, of course, is whether it's worth paying fifteen bucks for a character I will never never use for its intended purpose.

using it would make it worth it.  

xyer0 said:

In the name of diversity, I can't wait to see the first centaur presidential candidate. 

Given there's not a Centaur 9 yet, that'd need backconverting them onto G8. (While I did look making an interim Centaur 9 myself, I decided it was too much work for something that could theoretically come out at any point and completely invalidate my work - particularly as I don't use G9 that much anyway).

A G9 to G8M conversion is theoretically something I can do, but I'm not sure it's something I'd want to do with these characters.

I mean, I'm still potentially tempted, as I am writing stories in a time frame they're relevant to, but in practice British politicians and figures would be more useful to me. And on that note, I need to have another shot at my Queen model at some point (who is still alive as of most of my stories, as those are mostly set in 2018).

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 384

daveso said:

using it would make it worth it.  

I did buy Donnie. We shall see.

Maybe if I get a chance today there'll be a She-Donnie image in the "render your buys" thread.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,378

columbine said:

Masterstroke said:

Venomisbeauty said:

I had not even looked at the promo pics for either characters... The She-Donnie pic is indeed great!

This discussion has been closed.