Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2023 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

Elor said:

Llola Lane said:

Welcome Elor... I'm sooo happy you added your art to this challenge... It is wonderful!  Hope to see you in the coming months... Keep up the great artworks!

Thank you for you kind words and I'm happy you liked my render smiley

I'm planning on at least trying to find a render for each month because it's fun to do themed challenge laugh, and each project, I learn a little bit more about Daz and 3D rendering smiley

Themes also help with the "I don't know what to render" dilema... although this month I'm having a hard time finding content. 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Elor said:

I'm planning on at least trying to find a render for each month because it's fun to do themed challenge
    laugh, and each project, I learn a little bit more about Daz and 3D rendering smiley

Exactly why I like these too! There is so much to learn with Daz so trying to make something for a theme gives me a chance to perhaps try a scene that I otherwise wouldn't have done and either try out or practice certain skills. So even if I don't always think the resulting image is that great I can still be proud of it because of what I learned while making it :)

Nice touch with the astronaut smiley and overall, I like your render a lot laugh

Thank you :)

Were did Penny found her shirt ? Or more precisely, its texture: it doesn't seem to be part of either the base product (I have it) nor the texture extension sold by Daz or the one I found on Deviantart. Did you do it yourself ?

Well, Penny would have purchased that shirt before leaving for her travels since I doubt such a design would be available outside the UK.

In real-life that design is not available in stores unfortunately - I had to adapt it from the image on the IMDB page and using the template files you can download for that product.

Llola Lane said:

YAY... the girls made it to America!  Well done SofaCitizen... and with time to spare.  Thanks for sharing their adventures!

I'm having a real tough time finding Washington stuff.  I still have some time... hope inspiration comes soon to me.  lol

Thank You :) Still a little later in the month but like you say it wasn't so easy finding the assets. My first idea was to do the natural history museum but I couldn't find a suitable asset for the Rotunda and then if I just did "a museum" it could have been set in any city/country. After that I saw the some images from the Air and Space museum and originally wanted to do the Space Shuttle and so spent ages looking for the right hanger before finding out that the shuttle was actually in the Virginia location.

Hopefully you'll stumble across something that sparks an idea soon :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

Visited WDC and all I got was a photo of a manhole cover laugh

Stezza said:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... but HOW do we know it's WDC???  No name on the cover... it could be ANY manhole cover ANYWHERE... Don't they all start looking the same after a while???  LOL... Oh Stezza... you make me laugh!  Well done... Thanks for posting.

edited August 2023

OK... got mine done... Thank goodness for internet... Couldn't find any Washington monument content for my runtime.

The waitress tells Chandra all about the Thomas Jefferson Memorial.  She explains how it especially looks beautiful at night.  Chandra is in awe as she promises the waitress she will visit it as soon as she checks into her hotel room.

ENJOY!  (note:  I love looking at and photographing buildings at night!)

Post edited by Llola Lane on

Llola Lane said:

OK... got mine done... Thank goodness for internet... Couldn't find any Washington monument content for my runtime.

The waitress tells Chandra all about the Thomas Jefferson Memorial.  She explains how it especially looks beautiful at night.  Chandra is in awe as she promises the waitress she will visit it as soon as she checks into her hotel room.

Yay, glad you made it - with several days to go too! :)

Seems like Chandra would be wise to listen to the waitress and soak up some local knowledge while she waits for her coffee to cool a little! Hopefully she has a camera in her bag to take a snap of the Memorial.

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Yay, glad you made it - with several days to go too! :)

Seems like Chandra would be wise to listen to the waitress and soak up some local knowledge while she waits for her coffee to cool a little! Hopefully she has a camera in her bag to take a snap of the Memorial.

Yeah.. me early?  Go figure... lol.

If Chandra is anything like me she uses her phone these days and it's filled with pictures from her vacation.  I have been known to 'snap' 700 or more pictures for a week long trip!  Lots of sorting to do when I get home though... lol.  Night shots are my fav but you need to hold the camera VERY still or they are blurry.  I do bring my regular camera now and then but the phone is so handy I usually just use it.  What is a film camera???  lol

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,244

Stezza said:

Worth the trip. wink

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Unfortunately because of too many 'Real Life' issues I will not be posting an image for this month's challenge. Hopefully I'll be able to meet you all in Japan.

nattaruk said:

Unfortunately because of too many 'Real Life' issues I will not be posting an image for this month's challenge. Hopefully I'll be able to meet you all in Japan.

ok nattaruk ...thanks for the update... I'm glad you are ok.  :)  See you in Japan (fingers crossed)  Stay well... Hugzzzzzzzzzzzz

ok gang... time to hop on our plane to SEPTEMBER = Tokyo, Japan.... See you all there!!!

• ElorElor Posts: 702

Stezza said:

You were a month too soon I would say: Japan has a thing for colorful manhole covers according to the website Unseen Japan laugh

https://unseen-japan.com/manhole-covers-japan/

Elor said:

Stezza said:

You were a month too soon I would say: Japan has a thing for colorful manhole covers according to the website Unseen Japan laugh

Oh WOW... didn't know this... Thanks for the info Elor... next package I see is a PA making manhole covers or decals FOR the manhole covers... lol

Elor said:

Stezza said:

yes cool

Visited Tokyo and all I got was a photo of a manhole cover and a 12" Action Figure of Karate! laugh 

• Nice one Stezza :) Well done for starting us off again. Hopefully you remembered to pick up your passport after taking the photo or I guess you'll be in Tokyo for a while!

I didn't have time to fire up Daz at the weekend but I did pick up a few relevant assets in the sales so hopefully will have plenty of options to help me put together a scene soon.

Haa...Stezza... I love it!  I want the 'action figure'... lol.  I see your character is still wearing the same shoes... Did they get stopped by the airport security because of bringing in Washington DC soil into Japan???  Thanks for starting us off... you are a fastie ;)

Looking forward to seeing what you create SofaCitizen... you have time... no rush!

• Llola Lane said:

Looking forward to seeing what you create SofaCitizen... you have time... no rush!

Well, I think I have the opposite problem that I have the past few months in that I almost have too-many options :) I have narrowed it down a bit after discounting some that would be set in the wrong season or would be inappropriate places for taking a selfie/photo. I do have a narrative forming tho so hopefully it will work :)

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Well, I think I have the opposite problem that I have the past few months in that I almost have too-many options :) I have narrowed it down a bit after discounting some that would be set in the wrong season or would be inappropriate places for taking a selfie/photo. I do have a narrative forming tho so hopefully it will work :)

Ditto... ;)  I wait with breathless anticipation!

Seems like I am getting notices again... For those that missed it... September we are in Tokyo, Japan!!!  Won't you join us?  ALL are welcome.

• Yay for notifications! :)

My submission is part-way done - unfortunately the day job is leaking into the evenings and so not quite had as much time as i'd like so far.

SofaCitizen said:

Yay for notifications! :)

My submission is part-way done - unfortunately the day job is leaking into the evenings and so not quite had as much time as i'd like so far.

Hopefully the notices will remind peeps about the challenge... I must admit life has been getting in my way also and I've forgotten... I'll try and work on mine this weekend... Hubby will be away for a few days :(  Gonna miss him but I'll keep busy with artwork ;)

• Postcards to Dad #09 : Tokyo

Hi Dad, I guess you can tell from this postcard that things haven't gone well in Tokyo so far. I wanted to show you this temple that we visited as it was so beautiful and peaceful, despite the memory of it now being tarnished by lies! I had met a guy while I was here, well technically we met on the flight over, and he seemed so nice at first. He was the one who took us to this place and even though it was a date he was more than happy for the girls to come along too.

I thought I'd found someone great, but it turned out he was a dirty cheater! I'll spare you the details, but the fourth date at his place came crashing to a halt when his girlfriend burst in during our meal. Suffice to say, the two of us girls kicked him to the curb - both metaphorically and physically!

But don't worry about me Daddy, I now have a new friend, Ami! It seems we have loads in common and not just equally bad taste in guys. The second picture is the four of us enjoying a much-needed girls’ night out after a little bit of retail therapy.

Hopefully, that's the end of the drama for this month!

Love, Penny xoxo

Gallery link for used assets etc.

SofaCitizen said:

Postcards to Dad #09 : Tokyo

Hi Dad, I guess you can tell from this postcard that things haven't gone well in Tokyo so far. I wanted to show you this temple that we visited as it was so beautiful and peaceful, despite the memory of it now being tarnished by lies! I had met a guy while I was here, well technically we met on the flight over, and he seemed so nice at first. He was the one who took us to this place and even though it was a date he was more than happy for the girls to come along too.

I thought I'd found someone great, but it turned out he was a dirty cheater! I'll spare you the details, but the fourth date at his place came crashing to a halt when his girlfriend burst in during our meal. Suffice to say, the two of us girls kicked him to the curb - both metaphorically and physically!

But don't worry about me Daddy, I now have a new friend, Ami! It seems we have loads in common and not just equally bad taste in guys. The second picture is the four of us enjoying a much-needed girls’ night out after a little bit of retail therapy.

Hopefully, that's the end of the drama for this month!

Love, Penny xoxo

WOW... lots going on in those photos SofaCitizen.... I took a look at your gallery too... Thanks for posting the other 2 photos there... It tells the story wonderfully... rip that guy out of the pic... lol.  Been there.. done that ;)  lol.  Thanks for helping to keep this challenge going!

edited September 2023

Hi from Tokyo smiley

Japan.png
    800 x 600 - 697K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

Hi from Tokyo smiley

"Hey man! Groovy"... from Llola... lol.  Well done Stezza... I'm smilin'

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090

Stezza said:

Hi from Tokyo smiley

Far out, man! 

• ElorElor Posts: 702

SofaCitizen said:

The way the photos were cut then glued together sells the whole story yes

Stezza said:

Hi from Tokyo smiley

Nice one too smiley

• Llola Lane said:

WOW... lots going on in those photos SofaCitizen.... I took a look at your gallery too... Thanks for posting the other 2 photos there... It tells the story wonderfully... rip that guy out of the pic... lol.  Been there.. done that ;)  lol.  Thanks for helping to keep this challenge going!

Thank You :) It was the first (workable) idea that came to me while looking through the assets I had and so I'm glad it worked out. Was a little bit of a challenge with the additional sub-theme/restrictions I imposed on myself at the start of the thread, but if you want to get better then you have to push yourself :)

Penny and the girls will definitely continue their travels for the rest of the year/thread.

• Elor said:

The way the photos were cut then glued together sells the whole story yes

Thanks, I'm glad it worked :)  I got to do something exciting and new in Photoshop too which was also nice :)