UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• I have had something similar, but no problems occurred when I told it to skip file '20'. Regards, Richard.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

Have you tried another fresh install of those products with the error? Could you have a link to an old install location hiding somewhere?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,198

I think the "can't find file 20" is a real error, not an install or configuration problem. I can also reproduce the problem and have reported it.

• OK, thanks all ... what are the odds of stumbling across an actual, reproducible "file missing" issue by random chance in the first five minutes of testing a computer barely home from the shop after having the contents of a drive copied? Anyway, thanks for the confirmation on the problem.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

OK, thanks all ... what are the odds of stumbling across an actual, reproducible "file missing" issue by random chance in the first five minutes of testing a computer barely home from the shop after having the contents of a drive copied? Anyway, thanks for the confirmation on the problem.

Some of us are just bug magnets! wink

• drucdruc Posts: 346

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I received the same error using those two options.

Good news. Howie Farkes already received my error report and already has a fix figured out for the "can't find file 20" error.

• That's good to hear. Regards, Richard.
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,311
    edited September 2023

Just messing about with the amazing, wonderful, super cool bridge feature.

DS_UltraScenery_Bridge_007av2_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

Beautiful, did you substitute some plants? It looks like an interesting environment.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    edited September 2023

Just pottering about in the 2CV..

Must model up a UK numberplate, and hide the French one (different positions, the UK front plate went under the air intake grille).

Regards,

Richard

Ultrascenery 16 R02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 586K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    edited September 2023

Gogger - absolutely amazing. Fantastic colours.

I tried to put Howie's stone bridge shaders on the Chinese inspired arch bridge I made last year. 'Interesting' is how I'd describe the initial result. Howie UV mapped his bridge 90degrees round from the way I did on every single surface. Will post an image when I finish. It would be really useful if Howie were to sell such clever shaders separately, possibly considering whether to offer as a MR, because the depth of detail and displacement in the shader is stunning and I'm certain there are many more uses for this shader beyond the single stone bridge it's currently used on. Deep relief rustications on Paladian Piles, simulating grooves in doric columns, rough stone walls on either side of lanes, eroded brick walls, you name it, it's very useful.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on

@richardandtracy maybe you could use V3Digitimes Shader Rotator to rotate the shader to your bridge orientation. I remember that bridge. I've used it several times.

• Hello - I've purchased both the US Stone Features and the newer US Stone Bridge.  They look great in the ads but they don't work for me.  All other US products work with no problems what so ever but not these two stoney features!  After I make all of the choices in the US set-up I click the Accelerator build button and then... nothing.  Studio gets hung-up and I have to use Task Manager to shut it down.  I have re-installed but that did not help.  Any ideas?   I use Windows10 with i5 8th generation and have 16 gigs of RAM.  Thanks.

• Barbult, I have a strong allergy to spending money. My time is cheap, so thanks for the suggestion, but I'll do the hard way. Regards, Richard.
  • Dr Fork said:

Hello - I've purchased both the US Stone Features and the newer US Stone Bridge.  They look great in the ads but they don't work for me.  All other US products work with no problems what so ever but not these two stoney features!  After I make all of the choices in the US set-up I click the Accelerator build button and then... nothing.  Studio gets hung-up and I have to use Task Manager to shut it down.  I have re-installed but that did not help.  Any ideas?   I use Windows10 with i5 8th generation and have 16 gigs of RAM.  Thanks.

How did you install those two items?

•   As usual I used the DIM.

Dr Fork said:

Hello - I've purchased both the US Stone Features and the newer US Stone Bridge.  They look great in the ads but they don't work for me.  All other US products work with no problems what so ever but not these two stoney features!  After I make all of the choices in the US set-up I click the Accelerator build button and then... nothing.  Studio gets hung-up and I have to use Task Manager to shut it down.  I have re-installed but that did not help.  Any ideas?   I use Windows10 with i5 8th generation and have 16 gigs of RAM.  Thanks.

UltraScenery - Stone Features (requires Stones HR2) Do you own, and have you installed the required Stones HR2?
    The Stone Bridges have no prerequisite products, but be sure you have updated your UltraScenery Realistic Landscape System to the latest version. DIM should show you an update available if you are not up to date. What version are you running. You can find the version number in the lower right corner of the Build tab.

•    Yes, I had the Stones HR2 installed but I decided to un-install US and all of it's add-ons to start afresh.  I re-installed everything via DIM and did a test IRAY render with the Stone Features in the scene.  I noticed that I don't have any Waters available now but it did do a nice render with the stones.  The third time I tried a render, (same scene/different HDRI), the blank canvas frame appeard as did the progress box but Studio froze up and it went no furthur than "0".  I'll try more experiments and see what happens.

Did you ever accidently install or update any of these products from inside Daz Studio? Even if you also installed with DIM before or after that, it will prevent UltraScenery from  running properly. If you are not sure whether you did that, take a screenshot of your UltraScenery products in the Smart Content Product tab so we can help determine whether that happened.
    16 GB of RAM is not a lot for Daz Studio.  Maybe you are running into RAM issues. Windows 10 is fine, and your I5 should be OK.

•    Are two "Accelarator for UltraScenery"s ment to install, (the other one called "Accelarator for UltraScenery for DAZ Studio") when I use the DIM and select the only Accelerator availble in the Ready to Download list? Anywy.  I am uninstalling/re-installing all again and will continue after dinner...

edited September 2023

Dr Fork said:

Are two "Accelarator for UltraScenery"s ment to install, (the other one called "Accelarator for UltraScenery for DAZ Studio") when I use the DIM and select the only Accelerator availble in the Ready to Download list? Anywy.  I am uninstalling/re-installing all again and will continue after dinner...

Both need to be installed. One is the actual plugin and the other is some supporting content.

You have not answered questions I have asked about installing from inside Daz Studio and what version of UltraScenery Realistic Landscape System you are running. Users here need feedback from you to help you resolve the problem.

Post edited by barbult on
  • I have never used "Smart Content Product" tab.  Do I need to Login from there?  It wants a  Postgre SQL CMS database that may not be installed for a database connection.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,311
    edited September 2023

barbult said:

Gogger said:

Beautiful, did you substitute some plants? It looks like an interesting environment.

Yeeeeaahhhh... about that... I was playing with a scene, then decided to completely change the ecosystem so clicked on Ultrascenery in my Scene tab and regenerated the scene.  I had some issues, but honestly, was more concerned with the lighting and just pressed on.  It was only after rendering a couple different scenes and lighting schemes that I realize that I had, in fact, generated a second Ultrascenery object and so there is transposition. <shrug>  I took my lemons and made lemonade.  :)  Photoshop, Topaz Labs, Luminar NEO and others were involved in salvaging the image.

Post edited by Gogger on
  • As Bob Ross would say... We don't make mistakes—we have happy accidents,

Great job!

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Gogger said:

Yeeeeaahhhh... about that... I was playing with a scene, then decided to completely change the ecosystem so clicked on Ultrascenery in my Scene tab and regenerated the scene.  I had some issues, but honestly, was more concerned with the lighting and just pressed on.  It was only after rendering a couple different scenes and lighting schemes that I realize that I had, in fact, generated a second Ultrascenery object and so there is transposition. <shrug>  I took my lemons and made lemonade.  :)  Photoshop, Topaz Labs, Luminar NEO and others were involved in salvaging the image.

Dr Fork said:

I have never used "Smart Content Product" tab.  Do I need to Login from there?  It wants a  Postgre SQL CMS database that may not be installed for a database connection.

No no no! If you use DIM, don't ever log in to your account from Daz Studio. Do not ever install any products inside Daz Studio. That just creates duplicated files on your computer and prevents some scripts like UltraScenery from working. It is fine, and recommended to install PostgreSQL from DIM, but I repeat, don't log into your account from inside Daz Studio.

• barbult said:

Dr Fork said:

I have never used "Smart Content Product" tab.  Do I need to Login from there?  It wants a  Postgre SQL CMS database that may not be installed for a database connection.

No no no! If you use DIM, don't ever log in to your account from Daz Studio. Do not ever install any products inside Daz Studio. That just creates duplicated files on your computer and prevents some scripts like UltraScenery from working. It is fine, and recommended to install PostgreSQL from DIM, but I repeat, don't log into your account from inside Daz Studio.

Eep, really? I just reinstalled on a new computer and while I installed from DIM, I didn't see the thumbnails in smart content so I logged in Daz and it synced the images for the thumbnails. At least, that is what I thought it was doing... They are there now. Does DIM install them? 

The thumbnails are part of the metdata. Yes, DIM installs them. By logging in, you have allowed Daz Studio to connect to the network and update metadata. That metadata will supersede metadata installed by DIM. The main reason for not logging in is to prevent you from accidentally or intentionally installing or updating products within Daz Studio. When you are a DIM user, installing from Daz Studio creates an extra set of files, wastes computer disk space, and breaks some products like UltraScenery and other script products.
  • I do believe that I have installed and/or updated some content from within Studio.  It would have been a few updates ago, if that matters.  Here is a screen shot of DAZ Studio open and with the Smart Content pane. It does not allow me to make any changes on it.  How does it show the content?  Since my last post I did the un-install/reinstall of all US related items.  It is now back to normal; that is, everything is working except the two stone add-ons.  It renders fine as long as I don't use those two stone related add-ons.

Smart Content pane.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 273K
    edited September 2023

Dr Fork said:

I do believe that I have installed and/or updated some content from within Studio.  It would have been a few updates ago, if that matters.  Here is a screen shot of DAZ Studio open and with the Smart Content pane. It does not allow me to make any changes on it.  How does it show the content?  Since my last post I did the un-install/reinstall of all US related items.  It is now back to normal; that is, everything is working except the two stone add-ons.  It renders fine as long as I don't use those two stone related add-ons.

If you ever installed a product from inside Daz Studio, no matter when, any DIM installation of that same product will be completely ignored by Daz Studio until you uninstall that  same product from within Daz Studio. No UltraScenery product will work if it is ever installed from inside Daz Studio, so that could possibly be your problem with the stones add-ons.

Your Smart Content is completely blank. That might mean that you have not installed PostgreSQL from DIM on this computer. Have you? It is needed if you want to use Smart Content.

From within Daz Studio (not from your computer file explorer),  navigate in your Content Library pane to  \Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features\USC Stones 01. Right click on the Stones 01 folder and select Browse to Folder Location. What location is shown? Is in in the drive and folder used by DIM to install, or is it in a "cloud" folder hierarchy? Or isn't it there are all? Then perform the same navigation and analysis of the location of the required product: \Environments\Andrey Pestryakov\Stones HR 2.

When you right click on those folder names in the Content Library, if it offers you an option to uninstall, that means it was installed with Daz Connect inside Daz Studio. Choose the Uninstall option to that product out of there. Restart Daz Studio and see if the product works. You might need to reinstall it one last time with DIM (that has been my experience most times).

Post edited by barbult on