UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 585
    edited July 2023

I am actually neck-deep into developing UltraScenery2 at the moment, major features it will have are:
    - plugin architecture (similar to UltraSceneryXT) so much faster than current version (even faster than Accelerator)
    - larger terrains up to 256x256m. Size can be variable but that is 16x bigger than current
    - UltraSceneryXT style terrain generators and filters
    - more flexible and realistic ecology system
    - new features system (possibly including straight roads but Barb is correct that currently there are only curved roads to conceal the edges of the smallish terrain)
    - 100% compatible with existing UltraScenery content

But in the mean time I am also having a crack at making some stone bridge features for UltraScenery :)

reeds and ducks.png
    1600 x 900 - 4M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

HowieFarkes said:

I am actually neck-deep into developing UltraScenery2 at the moment, major features it will have are:
    - plugin architecture (similar to UltraSceneryXT) so much faster than current version (even faster than Accelerator)
    - larger terrains up to 256x256m. Size can be variable but that is 16x bigger than current
    - new features system (possibly including straight roads but Barb is correct that currently there are only curved roads to conceal the edges of the smallish terrain)

But in the mean time I am also having a crack at making some stone bridge features for UltraScenery :)

Oooh, am loving the bridge! Was sorely missing something like this. A great addition, can't wait for it to appear in the store (no pressure of course ;-))! - Is USC going to be for DS 5, or will it be working with DS 4 as well? It's great in any case that it will be backwards compatible. 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

tsroemi said:

HowieFarkes said:

Oooh, am loving the bridge! Was sorely missing something like this. A great addition, can't wait for it to appear in the store (no pressure of course ;-))! - Is USC going to be for DS 5, or will it be working with DS 4 as well? It's great in any case that it will be backwards compatible. 

Ultrascenery, The Next Generation!  Really good news.  I like the stonework bridges as well.

Cheers,

Alex. 

tsroemi said:

HowieFarkes said:

I don't think anyone knows when DS5 will be released (and there is certainly no SDK for it yet) so it will be for DS4
  • AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205

Those US2 upgrades sound amazing! The extra space alone should open up so many more camera options for my attempts at animation!

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited July 2023

Awesome.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    You are blooming marvellous, Howie. The image you showed is so like the bridge at the bottom of the lane past my parent's farm. Just incredible. Love it so much. Regards, Richard.
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158

That looks and sounds really great, Howie - I can't wait!

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,452

HowieFarkes said:

this is so very good to hear. Saving my cash starting now laugh Thanks HowieFarkes.  BTW, I have ALL the USC items and the XT. Best thing to happen to DAZ Studio since DS was released.  

edited July 2023

World Creator 2023 should be released mid-August and it will have 1K terrains to massive 32K terrains settings, plus World Creator official release will see the return of the path tool to create roads and rivers - can't wait to test it with USXT. For now, I tweak the errosion settings as a work-around to the banding - not perfect, but it will do for now. My errosion settings allows for minimal banding that occurs on the mesh when using an imported heightmap, but keep a lot of the details. 

2K-1_128 METER.PNG
    2560 x 1067 - 4M
    32K-1_128 METER.PNG
    2558 x 1038 - 5M
    Erosion Off_Banding.PNG
    2245 x 812 - 2M
    Erosion ON_ No Banding.PNG
    2446 x 825 - 2M
    USXT.PNG
    491 x 611 - 17K
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on

Volcanic eruption coming up!!

Volcano.png
    1800 x 1112 - 4M

HowieFarkes said:

tsroemi said:

HowieFarkes said:

I don't think anyone knows when DS5 will be released (and there is certainly no SDK for it yet) so it will be for DS4

Great, thanks for the quick response!  

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

HowieFarkes said:

This is very exciting news @HowieFarkes and I love that bridge. 

May I ask for consideration of a covered wooden bridge which was a thread in Suggested Products a while back be considered for a future bridge? I include a link to a number of them from a Google search.

Thank you, Mary

edited July 2023

A different angle of the bridge.

ferny forest bridge.png
    1000 x 1300 - 3M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
    Looks good.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

Howie,

Quite breathtaking. This is a work of art.  I eagerly await further developments. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092

Absolutely amazing. Transpose to a temperate hardwood rainforest, and it looks like the one adjacent to my parent's farm. The road had been asphalted 50 years before we got there, so by the time we arrived the asphalt was coming up, showing similar flat random size slate slabs on the bridge.

Regards,

Richard

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952
    edited July 2023

I Do (an Autumnal Wedding in Harpwood County)

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

@DoctorJellybean, thank you for the smile and a bubble of love to dream on.

Mary

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

Great news, @HowieFarkes.

edited July 2023

messing around a bit tonight. Britain, I think #3 ... Lores horse 2 and 2 wheeled cart. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,076
    edited July 2023

Product testing ... I picked up a truckload of Faveral items, including this ancient but still very nice Hacienda Hermosa, at one of this last week's grab-bag sales. Naturally, I've paired it with a USC Desert (#10 I believe I picked here) and also one of the USXT Desert options in the background. 

I will eventually move on from these desert sets, I promise. smiley

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Product testing ... I picked up a truckload of Faveral items, including this ancient but still very nice Hacienda Hermosa, at one of this last week's grab-bag sales. Naturally, I've paired it with a USC Desert (#10 I believe I picked here) and also one of the USXT Desert options in the background. 

I will eventually move on from these desert sets, I promise. smiley

this is really nice. Bravo.  

Well done.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952

A less busy scene this time smiley

daveso said:

messing around a bit tonight. Britain, I think #3 ... Lores horse 2 and 2 wheeled cart. 

I like it. 

AnEye4Art said:

daveso said:

I like it. 

thanks. My intent was to render several frames with the wagon getting closer each time. The render time on this is pretty long for some reason, so I am holding off while I do other stuff. 

• KooreoKooreo Posts: 44

HowieFarkes said:

How About a feature to combine features? It would be nice to connect the pond with river one or any other feature also how come there are no waterfalls. That feels like a must-have for any terrain maker.

So how are those stone bridges coming along? I'd love to see them real soon in the store!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,311

They're heeeerree!

UltraScenery - Stone Bridge