UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199
    And very affordable as the Golden Ticket item today.
  • Bought and about to download. I  hope to have a play around with this within the next day or two.

Cheers,

Alex.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

Yay, the bridges are soooo beautiful! Thanks so much for making them a golden ticket. Am getting them right now! heart

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

Yep, went from email to a very slow DAZ this morning to clicking it into my cart as fast as I could. Just putzing about what else should go in or out now.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

I used it to buy a load of Ultra stuff in my wish list :)

• I've installed the new stone bridges features set and had a quick look.  There are five new features, three with a dirt track and two with a tarmac road.  There are also two props, the bare bridge and a version with ferns.  Looks good so far. 

Incidentally, for those of us with all of the features and ecologies sets, there are now just over 90,000 possible combinations of feature, ecology and water shader. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• ElorElor Posts: 709

Hello,

Just to certain I understood correctly, but if I only buy the bridge without UltraScenery base product, the bridge is useless ?

• Elor said:

Hello,

Just to certain I understood correctly, but if I only buy the bridge without UltraScenery base product, the bridge is useless ?

I am no expert here but I think that is correct: the bridge addon needs the UltraScenery base product to work.

• bombenleger58bombenleger58 Posts: 100
    edited September 2023

My first Render with the new Feature, but i can't upload the attachment

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5582254050902016#image=1307072

Post edited by bombenleger58 on
  • Elor said:

Hello,

The bridge should load as a prop, but I think the plants require other parts of the set and you certainly won't get the tools to integrate it into your landscape.

Incidentally, for those of us with all of the features and ecologies sets, there are now just over 90,000 possible combinations of feature, ecology and water shader. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

Don't forget the additional 9999 landscape seed values for the ground height map that will also affect the plant distribution too.

• I was looking for this type of bridge last night and there it comes this morning. Thank you.

• richardandtracy said:

alexhcowley said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Don't forget the additional 9999 landscape seed values for the ground height map that will also affect the plant distribution too.

Don't worry, I haven't. I wanted to keep it relatively simple.  There's also distribution maps on the fifth tab, Barbult's json file hacking and Totte's toolboxes. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    edited September 2023

With the stone bridge, I had the manual install version and noticed a couple of possible problems that I'd like to check if others also have.

1. Freatures: Stone Bridge 3 scene (the one with temperate rainforest vegetation), the bridge centreline is aligned  on the Z axis rather than aligned with the path where it crosses the stream, as shown below. It's not hard to move the bridge, but it's the only bit of scenery where it's needed to be moved. Shown below in texture preview mode from above seconds after being generated. 
    2. Was using Harpwood 1 ecology and default water.
    3. Texture file "<contents>/runtime/Textures/HowieFarkes/ultrascenery/terraines/USC_Dirt_02_01_2K_diffuse.png" could not be found. Closest available .../USC_Dirt_02_01_1024_diffuse.png.
    4. Texture file "<contents>/runtime/Textures/HowieFarkes/ultrascenery/terraines/USC_Dirt_02_2K_bump.png" could not be found. No bump with name USC_Dirt_02_1024_bumpe.png or similar. Used the diffuse.
    5. Texture file "<contents>/runtime/Textures/HowieFarkes/ultrascenery/terraines/USC_Dirt_01_2K_diffuse.png" could not be found. Closest available .../USC_Dirt_01_1024_diffuse.png.

Hope this is enough info to see if anything that should be there is missing from the manual download zip file. Neither of the two USC_Dirt_01 or _02 textures I have came with this download. Are the missing textures part of another USC package? If so, maybe the package could be added as a 'Required Product' option in addition to UltraScenery. Or.. pretty please.. amend the package so there are no additional required products and duplicate the textures in the Stone Bridge download.

Regards,

Richard 

Edited to add:

Rendered this image and had all 3 other household members initially identify the bridge as the one close to my parents last house, and then say, 'No, wait, that's not it, is it?". For a few moments they thought they were looking at the old bridge, then realised there really wasn't enough moss or vegetation.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Hi, I don't have the Harpwood 1 ecology so I tried with Grassland 1 and the Stone Bridge aligned correctly.

Not sure why your paths have the French word 'terraines'. Mine have 'terrain'.

"<contents>/runtime/Textures/HowieFarkes/ultrascenery/terrain/USC_Dirt_02_01_2K_diffuse.png"

Beautiful image. Looks very real.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199
    edited September 2023

Bridge 3 and Harpwood 1 work fine for me. I installed with DIM. Is your version of UltraScenery up to date? It should be 1.3.6.3. Check the version number on the bottom right corner of the Build tab.
    I believe the files that you are missing are part of the June 2023 update to UltraScenery - Reslistic Landscape System.

Post edited by barbult on
  • @Highland - my PC has predictive text and auto correction that I don't know how to turn off. The only safe prediction is that it is going to uncorrect between 1 in 8 and 1 in 4 correct words. That was one I missed.

@Barbult. Thanks. I had Version 1.3.0 . Updating the script also corrected the bridge orientation and location issue.

So, in conclusion, I had sucessfully found I was using an old copy of US, and I had not found that there was a possible issue with the Stone Bridge manual download package. Nice to hear.

Regards,

Richard

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,075
    edited September 2023

This was part of a series of renders I did to test out the new Mechasar Mega bundle (specifically here, for the Tobyn and Caryn features). I decided on this pastoral "Day in the Park" setting featuring the new bridge.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Well done!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

The latest bridge looks nice.

• Looks great, Artini. I haven't seen your art in a while.

Thanks, @AnEye4Art.

I am experimenting again with the custom heightmaps.

Hopefully will post more images.

• drucdruc Posts: 346

I am sure this has been said before. I will say it again. I LOVE UltraScenery and UltraSceneryXT. It's only been in the last 10 months that I have actually been able to render in Iray (pc upgrade end of last year). I bought these before I could render them because I liked what was describled on the product page. It's taken me a while to get to these products because I've had so many others to experience the joys of Iray. I have now added heaps of updates/new add ons. The latest your bridge. Truely breathtaking, your sealed roads, the Stone features and dabbling outside the straight and narrow, UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard. Your product is everything I missed moving from Poser to Studio as my main render program. (I've used both for about 18 years)  

Now I read your working on US version 2. Initially I was concerned until I read compatability. Now I can't wait as 64 x64 is quite small. I wish I could post some pictures because your products make it so simple to generate magnifiencent images.

Trying to see if I can upload an image.https://www.deviantart.com/druc1/art/000-981237809

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

@druc and @Artini those look great. I still haven't had a chance to play yet.

• it appears that uploading in the forum is working again. I saw that on another thread and though I don't have anything new for now - my computer is at the shop today for hard drive upgrade - it's not hanging at at the perpetual "Uploading..."  when I test.

Thanks a lot, @memcneil70.

It was just one of the first tests with the new bridges set and custom height map.

memcneil70 Thanks. I realy like Howie Farkes UltraScenery and UltraSceneryXT. I have lots of their products to give variety and they are just so good for out door pictures.

• Hello, all. I'm currently running a sanity test on my art computer's newly installed hard drive. I have Daz installed on D so I've moved the contents of D to a new, larger drive. I've confirmed basic functionality with Daz - it starts, creates stuff, renders. I'm starting to do more detailed testing and I ran into this really weird issue. I don't know if it's a problem here for me to sort out, or a strange issue that I just didn't run into before the drive upgrade. 

Naturally, one of the first things I tested was USC, which works fine; accelerator is accelerating, all is well. Then by random chance, I decided to do a scene with the new Stone Bridge 5 and Oaks 11* and I get this:

Could not find file: 20

If I try to use Locate, it is trying to locate a file called "20" in my C:\Users ... \Scene Subsets folder. Nothing changed with the C drive, which was not touched in this operation.

The Daz log does not appear to show anything relevant.

Here's the weird part. I can create Stone Bridge 5 with Grassland 1 and I can create Oaks 11 in general, for example with Road 6 from the Features 4 pack. I can even create Oaks 11 with Stone Bridge 1, 2 or 3. But the first time I try to do Stone Bridge 4 or 5 with Oaks 11, this happens.

I'm stumped. I actually do software support IRL and I don't have a logical explanation for this scenario, and I'm not convinced that it has anything to do with the new hardware that I'm testing. Can someone who happens have Stone Bridge and Oaks test this out? Am I crazy? Is my computer crazy?

*The problem also occurred with Australian Bush 1, so clearly it occurs with some but not all ecologies.