Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830

scorpio said:

tsroemi said:

Dartanbeck said:

Please Clarify "Build Your Own Daz + For A Day"

I don't get it. It's no different than a normal Daz + for a Day... unless I'm missing something? I look for some sort of clue - I mean, it's labeled as the main sale of the day and I don't see nay difference. Small selection of stuff. Different stuff... but it doesn't look like I get to build my own. What's with this Daz + sale this year anyways? It's... odd.

Earlier in the sale, they had Daz + Items on sale - 50%, but only if you're Not a Daz + Member?

Is Daz trying to get us to leave or something? I really don't get this years anniversary sale at all. It's a paid-dues membership, yet we have to buy all of this stuff to get the great discounts? 

Argh... I hate it when I'm upset with Daz 3d! I'm a fanboy!

I don't understand it either, it's annoyingly unclear. Also, I have a coupon for 10% 'my entire order' through Sunday, and so far, nothing changes in the cart at all. Can't say I'm surprised.  

Yea I've got that but am also not seeing any extra discount in the cart - can this banner be explained please. 

I am seeing the 10% discount: the Dain 9 Pro Bundle was something like $44 for me yesterday, today it's $39 and change. Other stuff seems to be mostly discounted by a similar amount. So maybe it works for some users and not others?

Like everyone else, however, I'm baffled by the "BYOD DAZ+ for a Day" which certainly suggests that there's some kind of choice that we could or should be making. It's not really "Build Your Own" if you're just getting to pick from the usual list of DAZ+ for a Day items.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited October 2023

Elor said:

Dartanbeck said:

That's not right though. Daz + For A Day drops prices down to Daz + Item pricing - much deeper than 50% off!

Maybe we're not speaking about the same thing ? I'm speaking about this banner

It seems to be the only part were non Daz+ members are quoted in relation to a 50% discount on this page.

This is what I was referring to. Just plain wrong - unless, of course, it was actually true/

DazPlusFarse102023.png
    944 x 472 - 561K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • As someone new to Daz, I must say it is NOT newbie friendly. And this sale promo is an example of that. I'm only here because I need something to generate characters. If not for that, I'd be sticking to the Unity/Unreal marketplace.

They REALLY need to made things easier/transparent if they wish to grow their consumer base. 

• Xandyr78Xandyr78 Posts: 109

tsroemi said:

I don't understand it either, it's annoyingly unclear. Also, I have a coupon for 10% 'my entire order' through Sunday, and so far, nothing changes in the cart at all. Can't say I'm surprised.  

Any idea how you managed THAT?  I'm a little jealous, given the amount I typically spend here, and I've seen no such coupon... 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

its all day. Why no explanation from DAZ on the BYOB DAZ+ for a day?

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Xandyr78 said:

tsroemi said:

Any idea how you managed THAT?  I'm a little jealous, given the amount I typically spend here, and I've seen no such coupon... 

It's an orange banner for Daz+ members (not sure if all of them). No coupon which complicates things.

There's also the question whether that 10% applies to any and all orders through Sunday or to the first order only as long as it's made this weekend.

• Xandyr78 said:

tsroemi said:

It isn't a coupon code, just an orange banner "for being a loyal Daz+ member".

• joanna said:

Xandyr78 said:

tsroemi said:

It's an orange banner for Daz+ members (not sure if all of them). No coupon which complicates things.

There's also the question whether that 10% applies to any and all orders through Sunday or to the first order only as long as it's made this weekend.

I think it's only for select DAZ+ members. I did not get one. 

• Jorune2112Jorune2112 Posts: 20
    edited October 2023

daveso said:

all day. Why no explanation from DAZ on the BYOB DAZ+ for a day?

They said: 

It's the sales title and not a unique category or anything, is our understanding. 

one page back.

Post edited by Jorune2112 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

murgatroyd314 said:

Xandyr78 said:

tsroemi said:

geez, i didn't get ond have been shopping here for 20 plus years. I guess I'm not loyal enough, or is it how many loyalty dollare you spend.  

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

daveso said:

murgatroyd314 said:

Xandyr78 said:

tsroemi said:

geez, i didn't get ond have been shopping here for 20 plus years. I guess I'm not loyal enough, or is it how many loyalty dollare you spend.  

It might be the opposite...that you're not spending enough...I got one and I haven't been spending much at all, due to a very limited income. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

No way of knowing what the criteria are. I am spending a moderate amount ($100 per week) and I got the banner. It could even be how long you have been a member.

However,this thread is basically for reporting problems. There is a seperate thread for sales discusions:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/647701/there-s-always-another-sale-thread-discussions-only-pt-2#latest

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792
    edited October 2023

I keep losing tokens because of the confusion with this. Why does it say some tokens disappear tonight but details show later? So far I have noticed the warning in the red to be true but have lost many tokens because I paid attention to the details warning. Is anyone else having these problems? Has this been reported? 

IMG_0006.jpeg
    1671 x 1043 - 200K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited October 2023

For those who were wondering, the orange Daz+ banner worked all three days, including today (Sunday)

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Wonderland said:

I keep losing tokens because of the confusion with this. Why does it say some tokens disappear tonight but details show later? So far I have noticed the warning in the red to be true but have lost many tokens because I paid attention to the details warning. Is anyone else having these problems? Has this been reported? 

What does it say if you set your computer to Daz timezone?

That has been happening to people living west of Daz. 

PerttiA said:

Wonderland said:

It's only 1 hour difference, not days!

Wonderland said:

PerttiA said:

Wonderland said:

It's only 1 hour difference, not days!

But for Daz it has been a day

• Any idea what is going on with the tokens as all of a sudden they are not adding up...  For instance I want to just use 3 tonight = 15% however, when I calculate it out the total only comes out to about 10%!  This has been going on for 2 days now as last night trying to use the same amount 15% it came out to be only a few cents worth and my purchase was over $30!!!

Also, none of the tokens are expired or expiring for a few more days...

What gives DAZ!!!  

borgtrekker said:

Any idea what is going on with the tokens as all of a sudden they are not adding up...  For instance I want to just use 3 tonight = 15% however, when I calculate it out the total only comes out to about 10%!  This has been going on for 2 days now as last night trying to use the same amount 15% it came out to be only a few cents worth and my purchase was over $30!!!

What gives DAZ!!!  

Have you checked the fine print?

"Discount does not stack with other offers" means no token discount for those items.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842
    edited October 2023

PerttiA said:

borgtrekker said:

Any idea what is going on with the tokens as all of a sudden they are not adding up...  For instance I want to just use 3 tonight = 15% however, when I calculate it out the total only comes out to about 10%!  This has been going on for 2 days now as last night trying to use the same amount 15% it came out to be only a few cents worth and my purchase was over $30!!!

What gives DAZ!!!  

Have you checked the fine print?

"Discount does not stack with other offers" means no token discount for those items.

@borgtrekker Yes, tokens have been devalued by all the recent exclusions. Daz still advertises tokens as being "off your entire cart!", but the fine print on individual sales categories will prove that "off your entire cart!" isn't what will really happen in many cases. Always read the fine print, because the headlines seldom tell the full story at Daz.

Post edited by barbult on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Why am I being charged $9 when it should be $8.99 - do this to enough people and thats a tidy sum.

Screenshot 2023-10-23 173752A.png
    1726 x 728 - 613K
    Screenshot 2023-10-23 173827B.png
    1617 x 846 - 182K
  • scorpio said:

Why am I being charged $9 when it should be $8.99 - do this to enough people and thats a tidy sum.

Reported.

Wonderland said:

No one officially responded to this. Every day this happens where the notice in red says one expiration (which is the correct one) and the others are days into the future and it's really confusing and I keep losing tokens. This was a notice from Sunday and some tokens expired Sunday evening as shown in red, not on Tuesday. That's a huge difference in time! Daz time is just one hour ahead of mine, not days! Can a mod please report this issue? Thanks. 

Also https://www.daz3d.com/glow-baby-lie-makeup-for-genesis-9 is in the $2.99 section but is still marked NEW and does not discount to $2.99

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,214

Wonderland said:

Wonderland said:

No one officially responded to this. Every day this happens where the notice in red says one expiration (which is the correct one) and the others are days into the future and it's really confusing and I keep losing tokens. This was a notice from Sunday and some tokens expired Sunday evening as shown in red, not on Tuesday. That's a huge difference in time! Daz time is just one hour ahead of mine, not days! Can a mod please report this issue? Thanks. 

Will inquire 

Wonderland said:

Also https://www.daz3d.com/glow-baby-lie-makeup-for-genesis-9 is in the $2.99 section but is still marked NEW and does not discount to $2.99

This section? https://www.daz3d.com/explore-creepy-goodies#order=popular^1&filtered=1

I tried to search for artist name and then a "find" and then filter by price since it shows no discount, but can't find the product you show. 

The timer issue is not a new thing, it has been popping up ever since the tokens were introduced.

For the ones living west of Daz, the timer has been one day short and when US started DST before EU, we on this side of Daz had the timer one hour short.

Cris Palomino said:

Wonderland said:

This section? https://www.daz3d.com/explore-creepy-goodies#order=popular^1&filtered=1

I tried to search for artist name and then a "find" and then filter by price since it shows no discount, but can't find the product you show. 

Sorry I meant the Daz + for a day section. 

PerttiA said:

The timer issue is not a new thing, it has been popping up ever since the tokens were introduced.

For the ones living west of Daz, the timer has been one day short and when US started DST before EU, we on this side of Daz had the timer one hour short.

Thanks. I wonder why they haven't fixed it yet!

Wonderland said:

Cris Palomino said:

Wonderland said:

Sorry I meant the Daz + for a day section. 

Looks like it should be d+fad, will report. Also, it's not 2.99:

Daz+ for a Day

[ DAZ+ MEMBERS ONLY ]

$3.99 each
    or $2.49 each* when you buy any Debut New or Still New Release

This discussion has been closed.