Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,011
    edited November 2023

Charlie Judge said:

WandW said:

PerttiA said:

Do they know in Utah, what the time it is there?

I'm 9 hours ahead of them (standard time, UTC+2), but the token count down still works as if the difference was only 8 hours.
    The Lightning Deals used to change at Daz midnight and now they change an hour earlier.
    The promo "Shop&Save Extravaganza" also says "Offer expires at 13:59 MDT (UTC-6)"
    I thought Salt Lake City is now in MST (UTC-7)

Daylight Savings Time ended yesterday in the US...

And with the end of Daylight Savings time the end time for tokens was changed from 06:00UTC to 07:00UTC 

Mine says tokens will expire in 4 days 11 hours 28 minutes, is that midnight at Daz? 

I think it should be 4 days 12 hours 28 minutes.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited November 2023

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

WandW said:

PerttiA said:

I'm 9 hours ahead of them (standard time, UTC+2), but the token count down still works as if the difference was only 8 hours.
    The Lightning Deals used to change at Daz midnight and now they change an hour earlier.
    The promo "Shop&Save Extravaganza" also says "Offer expires at 13:59 MDT (UTC-6)"

And with the end of Daylight Savings time the end time for tokens was changed from 06:00UTC to 07:00UTC 

Mine says tokens will expire in 4 days 11 hours 28 minutes, is that midnight at Daz? 

At the time of your post, yes, 11+ hours was correct.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

WandW said:

PerttiA said:

At the time of your post, yes, 11 hours was correct. 

It's still 11:40 (AM) in Utah as far as I know, and there is 12 hours between high noon and midnight. 

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 249

Tokens do not work right with the current 4 Hours 30%

Summary before 7 Token: USD 84.28, after the 35% with the Token: USD 78.25. If I stay under USD100 the Token work as expected.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842
    edited November 2023

Joe2018 said:

Summary before 7 Token: USD 84.28, after the 35% with the Token: USD 78.25. If I stay under USD100 the Token work as expected.

The fine print is extremely small, but it does not exclude tokens or any other stacking, so it seems like it should work.
    I think it is taking the tokens off first, and then your $78.25 is under $100 and the 30% doesn't work.

Screenshot 2023-11-06 141033 fine print again.jpg
    671 x 505 - 76K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764

Joe2018 said:

It's been a long day so my maths may not quite be right but from what I can they do work together - however the catch is that the 30% is applied/added as the last discount. So, if you apply tokens to your order to bring it under 100 then it will not activate at all. I didn't read the fine-print but I suspect that is how it is supposed to work.

So, in your case, I think you'd have to put $153.85 worth of stuff in your basket (after other sales discounts), then the tokens would bring it down to $100 and then the 30% would bring it down again to $70.

Joe2018 said:

Works right for me.
    Remove the tokens, take the cart over $100, did the price of first item in your cart drop 30%?
    Apply the tokens, did the price of the first item drop 35%?

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 249

1 Thing in the Card: The Dain 9 HD Pro Bundle: DAZ+ Price 125.99, in the Card 88.19 = that looks like the 30% are off. No tokens applied. Next Step 2 other Items from the "October Flashback" in the Card and Coupon for that applied = works fine another 30% of. Last Step: Apply the tokens - Result see above - Only about USD 6 off and not 29,49!

• barbult said:

Joe2018 said:

The fine print is extremely small, but it does not exclude tokens or any other stacking, so it seems like it should work.
    I think it is taking the tokens off first, and then your $78.25 is under $100 and the 30% doesn't work.

That is, I think, about it - so you get 40% off 9for eight tokens) instead of 30%. I hae flaged the issue up for Daz, but I would suspect it is working as intended

• Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Joe2018 said:

That is, I think, about it - so you get 40% off 9for eight tokens) instead of 30%. I hae flaged the issue up for Daz, but I would suspect it is working as intended

Not intended, and fixed as far as I can tell.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited November 2023

Not sure what's going on but my Amazon pay isn't working .....it worked yesterday but not today ......

okay 3 hours later it worked ...

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • The Extended Extravaganza Flash Sale states that it expires at 23:59 MDT. I suspect this is an error and should be 23:59 MST.

• The Flash Deals increase when I put them in my cart...

2.png
    1442 x 883 - 518K

"Expiration in: 36 minutes", which is Daz midnight (9AM here)

The token counter is 1 hour short

Date.PNG
    646 x 424 - 56K

Token countdown is still wrong, as far as I know it's a few minutes to 3PM in Utah = 9 hours until midnight

Countdown.JPG
    679 x 328 - 45K
  • torqytorqy Posts: 6

The orange banner message today reads

Enjoy an Extra 15% Off Your Entire Cart!

Thank you for being one of our top buyers last month!
    To show our appreciation, for TODAY ONLY, please enjoy an extra 15% off* your entire order of $300 or more.

However, even with the (pre-token, pre-coupon code, pre-today's discount deals) subtotal showing over $300, the 15% is not applied.  Surely they can't mean the final Total has to be over $300?  That would mean a (pre-80% discount) subtotal of about $1500!  Dream on...

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

PerttiA said:

Could it be because the US changed time last weekend? Because Utah is on MST which means they don't change time, so the time difference between MST and "everywhere else" changes every half a year. 

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

Could it be because the US changed time last weekend? Because Utah is on MST which means they don't change time, so the time difference between MST and "everywhere else" changes every half a year. 

The problem is with whatever method they use in displaying the counter and it has been there ever since they introduced the tokens
    Apparently, instead of simply making the calculations in Utah time, they are mixing the formula with users local time (and failing to do it right), which at times has caused the counter to be one day short for those living west of Utah and one hour short for us here in europe.

The last time the counter was one hour short was in the spring when US started DST before EU, but that didn't occur last week when we stopped DST one week before US

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited November 2023

We were just informed they are fixing it now, so hopefully that will help.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793
    edited November 2023

The free item in cart only became free when I put 5 items from the same category in and not mixed "Top Seller" items then went to full price again when I added $2.99 items. 

Also it says some of the promotions in my cart will end in 40 minutes? Which ones? How do I know what will expire? The free item is still in the free section but not free with 5 items of Top Seller items. 

This is crazy, now the item is free again. But I still don't know what's going to expire in now 37 minutes. 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • For me it only triggers with ten characters in the cart, rather than five.

And with a half hour left on the deal and they still don't have it working I think I'll just forget today.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

Wonderland said:

The free item in cart only became free when I put 5 items from the same category in and not mixed "Top Seller" items then went to full price again when I added $2.99 items. 

Also it says some of the promotions in my cart will end in 40 minutes? Which ones? How do I know what will expire? The free item is still in the free section but not free with 5 items of Top Seller items. 

This is crazy, now the item is free again. But I still don't know what's going to expire in now 37 minutes. 

I presume it means the 5+ "Humans" as they are rotating the offer every 8 hours - maybe the next set is due in 30 mins? 

edited November 2023

frank0314 said:

The token counter is fixed, but lots of other places where counter or time is wrong.

The Lightning Deals change 1 hour before Daz midnight instead of at Daz midnight, next change in less than an hour

The Orange Banner is claiming MST to be UTC-6 (No it isn't)

Lightning.PNG
    507 x 168 - 43K
    MST.PNG
    335 x 136 - 11K
  • PerttiA said:

frank0314 said:

The token counter is fixed, but lots of other places where counter or time is wrong.

The Lightning Deals change 1 hour before Daz midnight instead of at Daz midnight, next change in less than an hour

Reporting 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

PerttiA said:

frank0314 said:

Reported it

edited November 2023

frank0314 said:

PerttiA said:

frank0314 said:

Reported it

Correction... The token counter was fixed but is broken again...

It is now 02:04AM in Utah... 2+21 = 23, not 24 (midnight)

Edit: Correction 2, the token counter in the cart is working correctly, but the one in https://www.daz3d.com/daz-tokens is still wrong.

Tokens.PNG
    679 x 303 - 102K
  • tyra_oeildelouptyra_oeildeloup Posts: 310
    edited November 2023

The new sales on G3 is not working well, it says up to 10 items but 2 items from my wish list that are part of the sale are not taking the coupon (and this is just 5 items so it means it works only on 3)

Capture d’écran (743).png
    936 x 449 - 460K
    Capture d’écran (744).png
    1447 x 859 - 207K
    Capture d’écran (745).png
    1798 x 747 - 863K
    Post edited by tyra_oeildeloup on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

G3-BLOWOUT only works for 3 items in the cart NOT "up to 10."

• xyer0 said:

G3-BLOWOUT only works for 3 items in the cart NOT "up to 10."

3 items is what I got in my cart as well. Reporting. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Hi y'all, the new sales banner says 'all categories are back', but they're not, really. Just some of them (characters are missing, for instance). Does this mean there's gonna be rounds every 8 hours again, or something else? Please clarify if possible. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.