Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414
    edited November 2023

All right, well, first off, it states and extra 30% off debut new releases. Which makes sense, since most of them are at 51% out of the gate, 74% for the Daz Plus item. But the vehicle and the poses are a flat 30%, without the aforementioned "extra" 30% in the announcement. So when I popped it in there, it was $8.99, and only went down to $7 after I added five other items. The attachment isn't the whole cart, there is one item before that list and three more qualifying items after.

That said, that's some mighty good discounts on the rest...

cart.jpg
    1500 x 854 - 109K
    Post edited by Korpin.Sulat on
  • If I only have the walking vehicle in my cart, the price drops to 9.79 which is 30+30. The way it works is adding the second gives an extra 40% instead of 30 which brings the vehicle to 8.39. With the five debuts, it goes to 7.00 as the extra discount jumped to 50%.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

The Walking Vehicle is not DO item, that is why it isn't getting as deep discounts as the other ones.
    It gets down to 68% off for $6.30 in my cart with 2 tokens.

• PerttiA said:

The Walking Vehicle is not DO item, that is why it isn't getting as deep discounts as the other ones.
    It gets down to 68% off for $6.30 in my cart with 2 tokens.

Oh yeah, forgot about the DO part too. All right, never mind, all is as it should be.

• the price hikes on Lightning Deals in the cart continue to cause dismay

I have tossed out so many because the store price shown is much lower than the cart

I finally bought one that was 1.98 in the lightning deals and store but $2.50 in the cart as too little to quibble about but most just get removed with much disappointment

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

I have only purchased one thing form there.  Most hold no interest for me.

• DanaTA said:

I have only purchased one thing form there.  Most hold no interest for me.

I ignored them for months but during the PA/Daz+ sales, there was something worth the crazy low price often enough that I started casually checking before buying. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

The dForce Ready To Wear Outfit Textures Add On https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-ready-to-wear-outfit-texture-add-on has a very incorrect Required Product statement, saying it requires the Street Fashion Outfit which is ... rather different.

• vwrangler said:

The dForce Ready To Wear Outfit Textures Add On https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-ready-to-wear-outfit-texture-add-on has a very incorrect Required Product statement, saying it requires the Street Fashion Outfit which is ... rather different.

will report. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Likewise, the product page for dForce Ready To Wear Outfit for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D does not include a link to the textures add-on.

• Sevrin said:

Likewise, the product page for dForce Ready To Wear Outfit for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D does not include a link to the textures add-on.

Sent. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872

This: https://www.daz3d.com/fpe-crow-geoshell-makeup-for-genesis-81-female

is $1.86 on product page, but $2.66 in cart.

• Taoz said:

Lightning Deal? 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Taoz said:

Lightning Deal? 

Yes. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

I have a similar problem with 3 of my lightning deals out of 4, the product page price is 30% lower than the cart price

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Zombie Tractor RV supposed to cost $ 2.35 @90% off in Lightning Deals Sale, but changes to $ 3.36 @86% off in the cart... doesn't sound like a lot, but still...

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

The 30% off for new items as a Daz member expired 1 hour before the new day switch. I had it in my cart and was about to purchase, but it dropped even though the timer for expiration still shows 40 minutes. :( 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited November 2023
    "All tokens give an extra 10% off discount"

So... Eight tokens should give an extra 80% off? But the cart shows only an extra 48% for eight tokens applied?
    tokens.png
    1080 x 2400 - 988K
    cart.png
    1080 x 2400 - 313K
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • doubledeviant said:

So... Eight tokens should give an extra 80% off? But the cart shows only an extra 48% for eight tokens applied?

8 tokens would have been 40% so with 10% more, it would be 44% so you're actually getting a little more than expected. 

edited November 2023

doubledeviant said:

8 tokens would have been 40% so with 10% more, it would be 44% so you're actually getting a little more than expected. 

Tokens normally give an extra 5% off. The sale page reads as if they instead give 10% off today.

If 48% off is the intention, then it should be advertised plainly as "All tokens give an extra 6% off discount."
  • doubledeviant said:

Cris Palomino said:

doubledeviant said:

Tokens normally give an extra 5% off. The sale page reads as if they instead give 10% off today.

If 48% off is the intention, then it should be advertised plainly as "All tokens give an extra 6% off discount."

We'll mention it to Daz. 

Extra 10% off on top of normal extra 40% off is 100% x 0.6 x 0.9 = 46% off

At the moment, it is giving 44% off.

edited November 2023
    Nvm - I'm out. Will check back later today sometime, and if not fixed, Daz can lose the potential sales from me. Not worth the hassle.
  • Our understanding is it should be all tokens give an extra 10% discount (1= 5.5%, 2= 11%, 3= 16.5%, 4= 22%, 5= 27.5%, 6= 33%, 7= 38.5%, 8= 44%).

Cris Palomino said:

Our understanding is it should be all tokens give an extra 10% discount (1= 5.5%, 2= 11%, 3= 16.5%, 4= 22%, 5= 27.5%, 6= 33%, 7= 38.5%, 8= 44%).

But then it is not an extra 10% off discount on the price of an item, but increasing the discount percentage for the tokens by 10% 
    Small but significant difference.

• PerttiA said:

Cris Palomino said:

Our understanding is it should be all tokens give an extra 10% discount (1= 5.5%, 2= 11%, 3= 16.5%, 4= 22%, 5= 27.5%, 6= 33%, 7= 38.5%, 8= 44%).

But then it is not an extra 10% off discount on the price of an item, but increasing the discount percentage for the tokens by 10% 
    Small but significant difference.

We believe that increasing the discount percentage was the intention. 

• No way around it, the wording is incorrect. For whatever reason, Daz marketing has chosen to make sales opaque. The most recent even says put items in your cart and see the savings. Which is to say they know we can't even follow it.

• Jorune2112 said:

No way around it, the wording is incorrect. For whatever reason, Daz marketing has chosen to make sales opaque. The most recent even says put items in your cart and see the savings. Which is to say they know we can't even follow it.

If it had been intended to icnease the discount from 5% per token to 15% per token the wording would have been "an extra 10 percentage points". An extra 10% indeed means to increase the discount value by 10% of its initial value, from 5% per token to 5.5%. This is not Daz being clever, it is what the words mean.

• Jorune2112Jorune2112 Posts: 20
    edited November 2023

So you feel that saying "an extra 10%" and "an extra 10 percentage points" are saying different things? The former uses a symbol, the latter spells out that symbol. They mean the same thing.

If people didn't routinely have problems figuring out Daz sales, you could get a pass. But there is no doubt that Daz marketing is built around hard to parse sales. Check out the current Unity asset store BF sale. Pretty straightforward.

Instead of making us artists do the math, why not just saying tokens now give 5.5% off your order? Is it because saying an extra 10% looks sexier? Despite being opaque?

Richard Haseltine said:

Jorune2112 said:

No way around it, the wording is incorrect. For whatever reason, Daz marketing has chosen to make sales opaque. The most recent even says put items in your cart and see the savings. Which is to say they know we can't even follow it.

If it had been intended to icnease the discount from 5% per token to 15% per token the wording would have been "an extra 10 percentage points". An extra 10% indeed means to increase the discount value by 10% of its initial value, from 5% per token to 5.5%. This is not Daz being clever, it is what the words mean.

Post edited by Jorune2112 on
  • The lightning deals are showing up in the cart at a higher price than what's stated on the product page

Earth Spirits for TerraDome3 on product page $2.66, in cart $3.79

Northwell Horse Stables on product page $3.64, in cart $5.19

This discussion has been closed.