Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• Please show examples of items that raised to more than a dollar in price please.

• Are people still having trouble with checkout? Have these been with PayPal, credit card?

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

genaris said:

murgatroyd314 said:

Is anyone else having trouble with the checkout page? The "Proceed to billing" button isn't working for me.

The AMAZON PAY mechanism wouldn't work for me when I went to check out, period.  Clicking the Amazon Pay outline box always shows the yellow & blue thingy under it (AMAZON PAY) with arrows, which you then clink to log through to amazon to choose payment and submit, but all it would do is show the thingy but do nothing else.  I refreshed, etc, [edit to clarify: I was on a PC first] got frustrated and then tried to seal the deal on my iphone in safari browser (which I have checked out from Daz in countless times previously using Amazon pay) and same thing happened. Or, you know, did not happen.  I started using Amazon Pay at Daz some time ago when my CC's suddenly kept erroring out only at daz; now, amazon pay at daz is not working?? 

As above, Cris, I was unable to use the Amazon Pay to check out (on neither a PC nor iphone browser). That was in the last half hour or so of the end of the Daz day Monday, aka about 130am EST Tuesday, which would have been around 1130pm Monday in Daz timezone.  

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Cris Palomino said:

Are people still having trouble with checkout? Have these been with PayPal, credit card?

Paying with store credit.

Went forward only after filling the address 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Cris Palomino said:

Please show examples of items that raised to more than a dollar in price please.

Filter by PC items and then go to last page - oldest items. 

• Thanks, everyone, for the information.

Cris Palomino said:

Thanks, everyone, for the information.

According to Jack in the PC forum its intentional - apparently Daz are struggling in the present finacial climate and need to increase the prices. Can't help but wonder whats next. 

• scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

According to Jack in the PC forum its intentional - apparently Daz are struggling in the present finacial climate and need to increase the prices. Can't help but wonder whats next. 

guess what, we all are

if it comes down to buying a packet of minced beef or a DAZ+ item for the same price, guess what I am not buying sad

WendyLuvsCatz said:

scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

guess what, we all are

if it comes down to buying a packet of minced beef or a DAZ+ item for the same price, guess what I am not buying sad

Same here, I'm spending less and less here as it is and this does not incourage me to spend more, quite the opposite. 

• scorpio said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

guess what, we all are

Same here, I'm spending less and less here as it is and this does not incourage me to spend more, quite the opposite. 

Agree with you both.

• All RuntimeDNA items that were previously $5 full price are now $6, regardless of any co-creator (D+, DO, PA). Currently discounted RDNA products may have increased MSRP but not sure, because "(Daz) Math is hard." ;)

https://www.daz3d.com/runtimedna#index=168&order=price^-1&filtered=1

This is probably another price increase like with the oldest D+ items. I am flagging just in case.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Cris Palomino said:

Are people still having trouble with checkout? Have these been with PayPal, credit card?

Mine went through as normal - the usual, wonderful Daz 3d shopping experience - and I see now that my card got punched - so I made another purchase for tomorrows punch.

This is getting FUN!!!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited November 2023

I purchased a gift card yesterday but did not receive any punches today. While gift cards are excluded from receiving the discount there is no restriction specified on what purchases qualify to receive a punch. 

punch card terrms.jpg
    1749 x 802 - 151K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

I don't see anything indicating the second half in his replies, though he did confirm that a $1 price increase was deliberate. he also ssaid that the $2 increases would be reviewed as he didn't think those were part of the original plan, and made the point that all prices and costs are increasing.

• Charlie Judge said:

I purchased a gift card yesterday but did not receive any punches today. While gift cards are excluded from receiving the discount there is no restriction specified on what purchases qualify to receive a punch. 

I will ask, it does sound vaguely familiar that GC purchases have not earned some kinds of reward in the past though. But if you get a punch for buying a GC, would you get one for using it? The latter will likely net more punches so if it is one or the other I'd think it better to be using that was rewarded.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

I will ask, it does sound vaguely familiar that GC purchases have not earned some kinds of reward in the past though. But if you get a punch for buying a GC, would you get one for using it? The latter will likely net more punches so if it is one or the other I'd think it better to be using that was rewarded.

Thanks. However, if gift card purchases don't qualfy for punches then it should be so speciified. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

Must be the energy cost for keeping all those files stored ready to download... otoh many people are struggling in the present financial climate and will probably cut expenses, starting with outdated stuff which isn't cheap enough to act as a gap filler for those monthly coupons... devil

• Sounds like the checkout issues other people are having are not the same one I'm seeing. In Safari on my Mac, the Proceed to Billing button simply does nothing at all. I click, and nothing happens. The only way I can get to the checkout page is by using a different browser. In a possibly related issue, I can't get to my account page from any store page - the Account dropdown doesn't drop down. I can still get there from the forums, oddly.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

I don't see anything indicating the second half in his replies, though he did confirm that a $1 price increase was deliberate. he also ssaid that the $2 increases would be reviewed as he didn't think those were part of the original plan, and made the point that all prices and costs are increasing.

Bummer. I have a feeling that will have an adverse affect to many of the millions that shop here. Too bad. 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Once more, yesterday, I made a purchase (one of the 2.99 specials) and guess what? The card is not reflecting it.

Not being funny, but is this part of the "fiddly" part?

• Richard Haseltine said:

scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

Just out of curiosity?

Can any of us get actual, public, released, clarity from the people that work at DAZ?(I say that as in technical it was made clear "Daz is not here" in the forusm)
    Some of us, tend to spend a healthy bit here, sometimes multiple times a day. I think customers deserve actual clarity on pricing, discounts and errors and issues.

Im only here today, because I made what should be a qualifying purchase and guess what? The "punch card" is not showing it.

@ Cris or Richard or ?  -- I JUST tried to check out at Daz for todays punch & AMAZON PAY still never worked for me.  (Like yesterday).  I tried MS Edge browser on my win 11 pc (where I normally have been shopping at daz without issues), then tried Chrome browser on same PC; still no.  Then I tried my iphone (safari & chrome browsers) and still no success.

I started using AMZ pay some time back when my CCs stopped working (only at DAZ!) with daz giving an error message about the transaction and not finishing.  Oddly, I discovered 1 card still worked then (American Express). 

Just now, when I confirmed AMZ PAY was still broken at daz (I've shopped at Amazon itself today with no issues, BTW) I decided to re-add payment method profile for my DEBIT CARD to my daz account, did so, and then tried to check out using my debit (WHICH WAS MY PREF VIA AMAZON PAY ANYWAY) card, and ... Daz gave the same old error message and did not do the transaction. Just the same as months or ?years? ago when this broke for me and I had to start using amazon pay to be able to use my debit card to pay.

So: amazon pay at daz is not working for me, still, after suddenly breaking yesterday. Adding a payment method profile (my debit card) to directly pay still does not work for me, and has not worked for me for some time (which is why I've been using amazon pay).  The single CC that will work at DAZ right now is my American Express which I do not intend to keep using as my daily/only payment method. (I do not and will not ever again use Paypal/, so don't suggest that.

PLEASE, daz.  Fix the amazon pay mechanism or get your CC back end fixed.  I don't have any issues shopping anywhere online or IRL with amazon, amazon pay or my debit and CCs so this really seems to be a DAZ specific problem.  (Or don't fix it; I have nearly 10 k items from Daz (DIM says like 10150 or so but I know it overcounts packages of same product) so honestly a reason to stop buying more stuff from daz would be like a real christmas gift. LOL.)

• genaris said:

@ Cris or Richard or ?  -- I JUST tried to check out at Daz for todays punch & AMAZON PAY still never worked for me.  (Like yesterday).  I tried MS Edge browser on my win 11 pc (where I normally have been shopping at daz without issues), then tried Chrome browser on same PC; still no.  Then I tried my iphone (safari & chrome browsers) and still no success.

I started using AMZ pay some time back when my CCs stopped working (only at DAZ!) with daz giving an error message about the transaction and not finishing.  Oddly, I discovered 1 card still worked then (American Express). 

Just now, when I confirmed AMZ PAY was still broken at daz (I've shopped at Amazon itself today with no issues, BTW) I decided to re-add payment method profile for my DEBIT CARD to my daz account, did so, and then tried to check out using my debit (WHICH WAS MY PREF VIA AMAZON PAY ANYWAY) card, and ... Daz gave the same old error message and did not do the transaction. Just the same as months or ?years? ago when this broke for me and I had to start using amazon pay to be able to use my debit card to pay.

So: amazon pay at daz is not working for me, still, after suddenly breaking yesterday. Adding a payment method profile (my debit card) to directly pay still does not work for me, and has not worked for me for some time (which is why I've been using amazon pay).  The single CC that will work at DAZ right now is my American Express which I do not intend to keep using as my daily/only payment method. (I do not and will not ever again use Paypal/, so don't suggest that.

PLEASE, daz.  Fix the amazon pay mechanism or get your CC back end fixed.  I don't have any issues shopping anywhere online or IRL with amazon, amazon pay or my debit and CCs so this really seems to be a DAZ specific problem.  (Or don't fix it; I have nearly 10 k items from Daz (DIM says like 10150 or so but I know it overcounts packages of same product) so honestly a reason to stop buying more stuff from daz would be like a real christmas gift. LOL.)

Have you put in a ticket for this, did you say? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

DarkElegance said:

Once more, yesterday, I made a purchase (one of the 2.99 specials) and guess what? The card is not reflecting it.

Not being funny, but is this part of the "fiddly" part?

The day changes at Daz midnight, which is UTC -7h 

I did not put a ticket, since I was seeing so many people suddenly talking about check-out related issues that I figured Daz changed things and would put things back to right or repair them on hearing all the issues.  Historically I have had minimal joy with filing tickets, fr'instance, like when my monthly autobilling for PC+ /D+ stopped working inexplicably and CS never could fix it or tell me what happened, and eventually I just got tired of wasting time & energy on that and bought an annual renewal, which was actually cheaper for me, and so Daz actually lost money from me on that ever since. If it is something simple & straight up like a wrong charge amount, I have had those resolved with minimal fuss, but most everything else... ugh.   

I may have ( I can't recall for sure) contacted CS back awhile when my debit and credit cards started failing (and many, many people were having that same issue suddenly around that time and talking about it on the threads) but that apparently didn't really get resolved; even after making a new payment profile for my debit card before my previous post, trying to directly use my newly entered/saved Debit card did not work and gave the same error/failure as it used to months/?years? ago.   Honestly, Daz needs to do less offloading of the burden of failure onto shoppers. I mean, at Publix, if the registers don't work, I don't dialogue with CS and help them take my money, I just go to another register, or another store. 

• genaris said:

I did not put a ticket, since I was seeing so many people suddenly talking about check-out related issues that I figured Daz changed things and would put things back to right or repair them on hearing all the issues.  Historically I have had minimal joy with filing tickets, fr'instance, like when my monthly autobilling for PC+ /D+ stopped working inexplicably and CS never could fix it or tell me what happened, and eventually I just got tired of wasting time & energy on that and bought an annual renewal, which was actually cheaper for me, and so Daz actually lost money from me on that ever since. If it is something simple & straight up like a wrong charge amount, I have had those resolved with minimal fuss, but most everything else... ugh.   

I may have ( I can't recall for sure) contacted CS back awhile when my debit and credit cards started failing (and many, many people were having that same issue suddenly around that time and talking about it on the threads) but that apparently didn't really get resolved; even after making a new payment profile for my debit card before my previous post, trying to directly use my newly entered/saved Debit card did not work and gave the same error/failure as it used to months/?years? ago.   Honestly, Daz needs to do less offloading of the burden of failure onto shoppers. I mean, at Publix, if the registers don't work, I don't dialogue with CS and help them take my money, I just go to another register, or another store. 

Except that the tickets, and the number of them on the same issue, is what alerts Daz to the problem especially if you put in the issue details. We can alert Daz, and do, but the ticket system helps fill in information for them to work with. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868
    edited November 2023

For what it's worth, Daz probably should correct this particular sales banner. I was wondering if I'd missed a character then I saw that they transposed the last two letters and it's supposed to be Nikolai, not Nikolia. (Odd that they made the same error twice, but not the third time.)

Nikolia/Nikolai banner

Oh, and for what it's worth, the checkout page is still insisting on putting in the address before it will let you go anywhere. It doesn't happen with store credit, or at least didn't with me, but it does happen with Paypal. May be connected to the nonfunctioning Amazon Pay issue.

The odd thing is that it doesn't seem to be remembering that there's an existing address, but that's only true for the checkout page itself. I checked my personal information and the store address book in the account, and it has all of my addresses that I've ever used here. It's just not sending that information to the checkout page consistently.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • vwrangler said:

For what it's worth, Daz probably should correct this particular sales banner. I was wondering if I'd missed a character then I saw that they transposed the last two letters and it's supposed to be Nikolai, not Nikolia. (Odd that they made the same error twice, but not the third time.)

Nikolia/Nikolai banner

Oh, and for what it's worth, the checkout page is still insisting on putting in the address before it will let you go anywhere. It doesn't happen with store credit, or at least didn't with me, but it does happen with Paypal. May be connected to the nonfunctioning Amazon Pay issue.

Will pass this on. Does inputting the address correct the issue? 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

Cris Palomino said:

Will pass this on. Does inputting the address correct the issue? 

Yes inputting the address corrects the issue.

I think I must have cross-edited with your response. I added that the address book in my account is current and has the addresses, but that the system doesn't seem to necessarily be forwarding that information to checkout.

This discussion has been closed.