Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 328
    edited July 2023

A while back when the store was doing the 4-part Easter eggs, I got what was supposed to be DD PBR Metal Grille Shaders Vol. 1 that way.

Today, as a $1 with new-item purchase special, I got DD PBR Metal Grille Shaders Vol. 2.

After installing this new package, I realized that

- The Vol. 1 package from a few months ago had installed in a Vol. 2 content directory

- The Vol. 2 package from today appeared to be absolutely identical to the alleged Vol. 1.

I was curious where the issue was here, so I uninstalled both products via DIM, redownloaded them, and inspected the manifests from inside the two zipfiles. They looked very similar except for paths in three items, so similar that I put both manifests through a diff tool so I could actually get a listing of the differences between them.

The differences are:

1) The three files which go into Runtime/Support are the only ones in the "Vol. 1" manifest which use "Vol 1" filenames. Everything else in the Vol 1 manifest installs as if it's Vol 2.

2) The Vol 1 manifest has an additional six items under Shader Presets. They provide a "Reset Shader" item in the 1K and 2K preset subfolders which is not present in Vol 2.

None of the actual textures or opacity maps for the grilles differs at ALL between the alleged Vol 1 and the Vol 2. Functionally, except for that "Reset Shader," both kits are exactly the same.

So what I want to know is, was the Easter egg item actually Vol 2 that got mislabeled as Vol 1 somehow? I think it must have been, because if you look at the store pages for both items, you don't even have to do a line-by-line check to see that they are different metals! Vol 1 was supposed to contain bronze, chrome, and steel; Vol 2, aluminum (or aluminium if you're in the UK), brass, and copper. And both of my kits contain aluminum, brass, and copper.

I'm not super-concerned--my total monetary outlay for both kits has been all of one dollar--but it does mean I might as well not bother reinstalling the "Vol 2" I got today, because the mislabelled "Vol 1" I got a few months ago already has everything that's in it!

EDITED TO ADD: It does mean, though, that if I ever want to get the ACTUAL Vol 1, this will be a problem, because DIM and the store think I already own that SKU and I don't really.

Post edited by columbine on
  • columbine said:

A while back when the store was doing the 4-part Easter eggs, I got what was supposed to be DD PBR Metal Grille Shaders Vol. 1 that way.

Today, as a $1 with new-item purchase special, I got DD PBR Metal Grille Shaders Vol. 2.

- The Vol. 1 package from a few months ago had installed in a Vol. 2 content directory

- The Vol. 2 package from today appeared to be absolutely identical to the alleged Vol. 1.

I was curious where the issue was here, so I uninstalled both products via DIM, redownloaded them, and inspected the manifests from inside the two zipfiles. They looked very similar except for paths in three items, so similar that I put both manifests through a diff tool so I could actually get a listing of the differences between them.

The differences are:

1) The three files which go into Runtime/Support are the only ones in the "Vol. 1" manifest which use "Vol 1" filenames. Everything else in the Vol 1 manifest installs as if it's Vol 2.

2) The Vol 1 manifest has an additional six items under Shader Presets. They provide a "Reset Shader" item in the 1K and 2K preset subfolders which is not present in Vol 2.

None of the actual textures or opacity maps for the grilles differs at ALL between the alleged Vol 1 and the Vol 2. Functionally, except for that "Reset Shader," both kits are exactly the same.

So what I want to know is, was the Easter egg item actually Vol 2 that got mislabeled as Vol 1 somehow? I think it must have been, because if you look at the store pages for both items, you don't even have to do a line-by-line check to see that they are different metals! Vol 1 was supposed to contain bronze, chrome, and steel; Vol 2, aluminum (or aluminium if you're in the UK), brass, and copper. And both of my kits contain aluminum, brass, and copper.

I'm not super-concerned--my total monetary outlay for both kits has been all of one dollar--but it does mean I might as well not bother reinstalling the "Vol 2" I got today, because the mislabelled "Vol 1" I got a few months ago already has everything that's in it!

EDITED TO ADD: It does mean, though, that if I ever want to get the ACTUAL Vol 1, this will be a problem, because DIM and the store think I already own that SKU and I don't really.

We will send in a query.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,837

Richard Haseltine said:

columbine said:

The differences are:

We will send in a query.

For what it's worth: verifying what was said about the easter egg version we got back in April, and adding: when I look at the directory on disk where the easter egg Metal Grille shaders were installed by DIM, the directory itself says "DD  Metal Grille Shaders for Iray Vol. 2".

Looking at the easter egg thread, those specific shaders had several issues anyway. It does seem likely that we simply never got vol. 1 and never knew it.

Would it even be possible for Daz to switch the identification in the accounts for everyone who got the shaders so that the store properly knows that everyone who got the easter-egg version has volume 2 and not volume 1? For that matter, what will happen for the people who, like Columbine, purchased volume 2 as part of this promotion only to discover that they already have it? Will they receive volume 1 as a make-good?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,724

vwrangler said:

For what it's worth: verifying what was said about the easter egg version we got back in April, and adding: when I look at the directory on disk where the easter egg Metal Grille shaders were installed by DIM, the directory itself says "DD  Metal Grille Shaders for Iray Vol. 2".

Had not installed the easter egg, but now looked through the texture files, and there are no textures matching the Vol1 promo images, all of them match Vol2 promo's.

Removing from the cart. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,430

I received a 'Special Thanks' message for a significant discount on one item, coupon code  useable 5 times:

A Special Thanks!

As a token of our appreciation,
    please enjoy this Premier Patrons Discount!

We're happy to offer you an EXTRA XX% OFF* on any 1 Item.

SHOP NOW

Discount valid for intended recipients only.
    Excludes Memberships, Licences, and Gift Cards.
    Coupon Code usable 5 times per customer.

However, there is no coupon code in the message and the "Shop Now" button just leads back to the store. Addinf an item does not automatically provide any additional discount in my cart. Without any coupon code available how do I receive the discount ???

Charlie Judge said:

I received a 'Special Thanks' message for a significant discount on one item, coupon code  useable 5 times:

A Special Thanks!

SHOP NOW

However, there is no coupon code in the message and the "Shop Now" button just leads back to the store. Addinf an item does not automatically provide any additional discount in my cart. Without any coupon code available how do I receive the discount ???

Same question.
    I would prefer this working without a coupon code as I already have one in use. 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,654

Charlie Judge said:

A Special Thanks!

SHOP NOW

Glad it wasn't just me - thought I was just being blind and/or stupid not being able to make it work :/

• mdingmding Posts: 1,157

SofaCitizen said:

Glad it wasn't just me - thought I was just being blind and/or stupid not being able to make it work :/

lol, same here. 

• mnpalamnpala Posts: 56

I also got the alert but no coupon code.

edited July 2023

PerttiA said:

captainalvord said:

Orange Banner coupon for $20 off daz original not applying correctly.  Only giving me about $10 off.  I think it is an order of applying issue.  looks like the coupon applies before the tokens discount.

Confirming this. Without tokens the cart total gets discounted by $20, but with 8 tokens applied the discount is only $12.

$79.53 No Coupon, no Tokens
    $59,52 Coupon, no Tokens
    $47.69 No Coupon, 8 tokens
    $35.70 Coupon, 8 Tokens

Filed a ticket on June 28th, the ticket has been looked at on July the 19th but no action taken or message sent/written for why nothing was done.
    Ticket number 439196 

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

A Special Thanks!

SHOP NOW

Same question.
    I would prefer this working without a coupon code as I already have one in use. 

Yup! No coupon and No work without, even with only one thing in the cart :(

• Thanks Daz for the orange banner for 50% off for spending so much money on your site. Oh wait there is no coupon code listed!?! Need a coupon code to work!?! I feel really appreciated. When you add the coupon code could you also say when it expires. Is it only good today? This week? Thanks
  • SofaCitizen said:

Charlie Judge said:

A Special Thanks!

SHOP NOW

Asked about this.

• Richard Haseltine said:

SofaCitizen said:

Charlie Judge said:

A Special Thanks!

SHOP NOW

Asked about this.

Please check again, I am told this is fixed (but I can't check since they don't love me).

edited July 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

SofaCitizen said:

Charlie Judge said:

A Special Thanks!

SHOP NOW

Asked about this.

Please check again, I am told this is fixed (but I can't check since they don't love me).

There is a Coupon Code now in the message, but no expiration date

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,359

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

SofaCitizen said:

Charlie Judge said:

A Special Thanks!

SHOP NOW

Asked about this.

But we do.

• PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

SofaCitizen said:

Charlie Judge said:

A Special Thanks!

SHOP NOW

Asked about this.

Sorry, this seems to be a deliberate omission.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,121

PerttiA said:

I don't have that particular coupon, but from my (meager 1 year) experience, if the coupon in the messages has no expiration date, it's usually valid only for one day, so I always assume it is. And more often than not, it does disappear after midnight just like Cinderella ;)

• mnpalamnpala Posts: 56

There was a coupon code late last night (I'm in the UK) but its now disappeared and so has the message.

It said it was usable five times.

Now its gone.

Come on DAZ - if you're not going to bother live checking the site every time you upload something (for obvious errors such as broken links or missing coupon codes) then you really need to give it more time when its fixed.

Can you please reinstate this today for the benefit of those in different timezones around the world who may have missed out?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

mnpala said:

There was a coupon code late last night (I'm in the UK) but its now disappeared and so has the message.

Now its gone.

Come on DAZ - if you're not going to bother live checking the site every time you upload something (for obvious errors such as broken links or missing coupon codes) then you really need to give it more time when its fixed.

Can you please reinstate this today for the benefit of those in different timezones around the world who may have missed out?

I didn't find such a coupon. Can anyone else verify and tell me what was the offer and if it was indeed offered yesterday? 

Cris Palomino said:

mnpala said:

Now its gone.

I didn't find such a coupon. Can anyone else verify and tell me what was the offer and if it was indeed offered yesterday? 

It was a banner, Premier Patrons Discount for 50% off on any one item, usable 5 times. At first it was missing the Coupon Code.
    It was posted at around noon Daztime yesterday. I have saved a screenshot of it at 21:40 mytime and I'm 9 hours into the future from Daz.
    The problem with the code was also discussed in this thread

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

PerttiA said:

Cris Palomino said:

mnpala said:

Now its gone.

It was a banner, Premier Patrons Discount for 50% off on any one item, usable 5 times. At first it was missing the Coupon Code.
    It was posted at around noon Daztime yesterday. I have saved a screenshot of it at 21:40 mytime and I'm 9 hours into the future from Daz.
    The problem with the code was also discussed in this thread

Have sent for clarification. 

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,570

Today's CX Lilou Bundle does not show any discount, while the individual items do.

• Sorry, what was the code?  I see it yesterday but now the message disappear from my notifications.  

• Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

SofaCitizen said:

Charlie Judge said:

A Special Thanks!

SHOP NOW

Asked about this.

Sorry, this seems to be a deliberate omission.

What was the code?  special-thanks?   It dissapeared from my notifications inbox.

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Today's CX Lilou Bundle does not show any discount, while the individual items do.

It's showing 30% off for me, whicu is correct for a PA item on release.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,570

Richard Haseltine said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

It's showing 30% off for me, whicu is correct for a PA item on release.

Yes, this is fixed now. 

vwrangler said:

Richard Haseltine said:

columbine said:

The differences are:

We will send in a query.

Looking at the easter egg thread, those specific shaders had several issues anyway. It does seem likely that we simply never got vol. 1 and never knew it.

Would it even be possible for Daz to switch the identification in the accounts for everyone who got the shaders so that the store properly knows that everyone who got the easter-egg version has volume 2 and not volume 1? For that matter, what will happen for the people who, like Columbine, purchased volume 2 as part of this promotion only to discover that they already have it? Will they receive volume 1 as a make-good?

Just wondering, has Daz decided what they're going to do about this situation?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,359

WISH-LIST coupon is invalid, no matter what I add to the cart from my wishlist.
    I'll try again tomorrow.

barbult said:

WISH-LIST coupon is invalid, no matter what I add to the cart from my wishlist.
    I'll try again tomorrow.

For what it's worth, I was having the same issue. And then I realized that stuff I was adding was still in New Releases, which are specifically excluded. Once I went far enough back, it started working. Probably not the issue you're having, but it's all I can think of.

This discussion has been closed.