The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Complaint: The new special effects have ruined one of my favorite TV shows. I watched the pilot episode of Lost In Space. I couldn't stop laughing.laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited October 2023

Sfariah D said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

you need a ground floor conservatory or sunroom

I am guessing that might be a Daz Studi render.  I think it is the grass.  I never seen a yard with grass that is perfectly cut like that. (and no weeds?) 

I found it on the internet in shopping, it costs about 4K 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107

I think I need to take a shower soon.  ASAP!  or I won't take one!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

AgitatedRiot said:

Complaint: The new special effects have ruined one of my favorite TV shows. I watched the pilot episode of Lost In Space. I couldn't stop laughing.laugh

What?  They remade it again?  I watched the remake two years ago (I think it was two years).  I thought it was well done.  Don't tell me they remade it again! 

DanaTA said:

AgitatedRiot said:

What?  They remade it again?  I watched the remake two years ago (I think it was two years).  I thought it was well done.  Don't tell me they remade it again! 

I also liked that one, which makes it worse; I'm talking about a 1960s TV series. Strings pull up the woman's ponytail when there is no gravity, Trying to climb the Jupiter and slipping down the side, pulling himself with rope in outer space, look like Batman climbing the side of a building in the old Adam West episodes. I love the reboot; they stopped making them and left everyone hanging, which they do a lot nowadays. 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726

Netflix's Luke Cage ended the last season with a cliffhanger that had Luke appearing to be turning into a bad guy. Then the show was abruptly cancelled, which meant the show ended permanently with the hero being a bad guy,

NylonGirl said:

Netflix's Luke Cage ended the last season with a cliffhanger that had Luke appearing to be turning into a bad guy. Then the show was abruptly cancelled, which meant the show ended permanently with the hero being a bad guy,

Yeah, they canceled many of the Marvel ones: Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and my favorite Dare Devil. There were a few others also. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

AgitatedRiot said:

DanaTA said:

AgitatedRiot said:

I also liked that one, which makes it worse; I'm talking about a 1960s TV series. Strings pull up the woman's ponytail when there is no gravity, Trying to climb the Jupiter and slipping down the side, pulling himself with rope in outer space, look like Batman climbing the side of a building in the old Adam West episodes. I love the reboot; they stopped making them and left everyone hanging, which they do a lot nowadays. 

.,,then there was the robot that flailed arms about with those meat hooks on the ends while spinning around when it sensed a threat .  Now that was a real "danger" for Will Robinson.

• AgitatedRiot said:

NylonGirl said:

Yeah, they canceled many of the Marvel ones: Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and my favorite Dare Devil. There were a few others also. 

That's only because disney owns Marvel now and wanted to ensure that when they "re-boot" all those shows, exclusively on Disney+ of course, that they are sanitized and made advertiser friendly. They've already started with a reboot of Daredevil on Disney+.

AgitatedRiot said:

DanaTA said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Oh, I watched the original in the 1960's when it was first run.  And, I have the boxed set on DVD.  I think it was a fun show.  FX were not great back then, but it was not easy to see those strings on the TVs of the time.  B&W and snowy static a lot of the time.  There was another show that had marionettes...that was worse!!!  The remake was a bit more serious, though still very entertaining and very well made! 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Oh seriously DanaTA  you didn't like the Thunderbirds?

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Oh seriously DanaTA  you didn't like the Thunderbirds?

I guess not.  I was about 11 when it came out.  I suppose even then I thought it was kind of hokey.  I suppose you liked Speed Racer, too?  Over-acting!  laugh

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,880
    edited October 2023

zombietaggerung said:

AgitatedRiot said:

NylonGirl said:

That's only because disney owns Marvel now and wanted to ensure that when they "re-boot" all those shows, exclusively on Disney+ of course, that they are sanitized and made advertiser friendly. They've already started with a reboot of Daredevil on Disney+.

Disney owned Marvel when these shows were launched, so that can't be the reason. The change is that Disney is consolidating all its properties onto Disney+, but even that happened after all Netflix's Marvel shows ended. Netflix's own policies see most shows canceled by the third season, because new shows apparently drive more new subscriptions.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Outside temperature has been falling below freezing at nights and not getting even up to 10C (50F) during the day. The SSD drives are failing to produce enough heat to keep the temperature above 20C (68F) inside, I need to start rendering more...

I need Cat 8, the Exterminator version to keep the enemy invaders at bay.

• zombietaggerung said:

AgitatedRiot said:

NylonGirl said:

And yet, one of the things I really enjoyed about those series was the "grittiness". 

PerttiA said:

I need Cat 9!  Wait!  Has there been a new Daz Rodent?  I can't remember as I haven't been fully paying attention to new releases. 

My room is too cold.  Or maybe the house is just too cold.  I am forced to wear one of my sleep long sleeve jackets and house socks.  I am still cold.

LeatherGryphon said:

Gordig said:

A package I ordered left Kennesaw, GA on the 3rd and was scheduled to be delivered today. There had been no status updates until earlier today, when the scheduled delivery was changed to "pending".

Is it lost or did it just want its freedom?  Rogue package.  Package on the loose.  Package gone AWOL.   

If shipped by Amazon, it's usually trivial to get compensation.  Yeah, it might cost a little more than if shipped by a 3rd party Amazon vendor but the refund situation is less stressful.  In fact I recently got a blurb from Amazon saying that they will, or have already implemented UPS/FedEx free pickup from your home for authorized returns for members of Amazon PRIME.  Saving on shipping both ways, and you don't even have to leave the house.yes  Great feature for house bound people like me, unable to easily get to a UPS storefront.smiley

Who said anything about Amazon?

The package arrived today, despite the last status update being that it had departed Portland last night, so it seems like FedEx is just bad at keeping track of their packages.

• Yeah, human delay/error.   Some day, the machines will catch on, that it's the flesh that is the bottleneck.frown

edited October 2023

In any event, my camera setup is done for the time being, until I can afford to rig it out a bit more.

IMG_7271.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on

Sfariah D said:

PerttiA said:

I need Cat 9!  Wait!  Has there been a new Daz Rodent?  I can't remember as I haven't been fully paying attention to new releases. 

They were released in May, and since then they have been feasting on the fields around my house.

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-rodent
    https://www.daz3d.com/hamster-for-daz-rodent
    https://www.daz3d.com/guinea-pig-for-daz-rodent

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

you need a ground floor conservatory or sunroom

Definitely would love one! I'd be growing vegetables and fruit all year round. 

kyoto kid said:

...need armoured overalls. 

It would appear that way laugh

Wow!  Nothing for almost 24 hours?!?!   surprise

Complaint: Adopt the feral kitten, which becomes a wild cat at night. My little Bullet loves to attack me in my limbs at night. I love him, but I don't like what happens when he gets a good hold on my hands and feet to my toes in the middle of the night. He got me good last night. My feet and arms sometimes come out from under the cover and attack the cat. I couldn't get him off me; I gently pushed him away and again attacked the cat while pulling my arm under the blanket.

20231011_100950[1].jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 887K

My Mum adopted a feral kitten about a decade or so ago.  Now he is a pet cat named Oscar.

• Non-complaint:  Nice foggy scene out my kitchen window this morning.  With the old "Whirl-In" ice cream restaurant gone, the view shows fog rolling in the bottom of the valley over the road, through the town park, and down across the Conewango Creek [con-eh-wahn-go] into the swamp.  Much better view than the side of a deteriorating building abandoned for 50 years.  Yay!

Non-complaint:  Last years Social Security payout increase has finally allowed me to get all my bills caught up and start putting significant cash back into savings, even after my eye fiasco in May.

Complaint:  Thursday I go to the dentist to have him extract $1400 from my savings.sad   Harumph, so much for thinking I'd finally get ahead this year.frown

Apparently Harry has returned to the land of the living...

Have two traps, both the type one cannot steal the bait (chocolate) from without being caught, but this morning they were empty, no chocolate and no thief.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited October 2023

PerttiA said:

Have two traps, both the type one cannot steal the bait (chocolate) from without being caught, but this morning they were empty, no chocolate and no thief.

I've heard (from particularly uninformed people) that under certain conditions, chocolate evaporates.surprise  Regardless, as disturbing as that sounds, I never let it sit around long enough to find out.  I don't think any critter lets chocolate evaporate away.  It's like trying to count the licks it takes to get into a TootsiePop, you just can't help yourself.  Crunch!smiley

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

LeatherGryphon said:

PerttiA said:

I've heard (from particularly uninformed people) that under certain conditions, chocolate evaporates.surprise  Regardless, as disturbing as that sounds, I never let it sit around long enough to find out.  I don't think any critter lets chocolate evaporate away.  It's like trying to count the licks it takes to get into a TootsiePop, you just can't help yourself.  Crunch!smiley

There might be some truth in that... My mom is often complaining that her chocolate vanishes over night, leaving only empty wrappers behind. laugh

This discussion has been closed.