The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

I have been streaming SG1 This morning I almost fell out of my recliner on this

• Reminds me of the movie The Ref with Denis Leary.

Complaint: That annoying little glitch on the community button above. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Temperatures below freezing predicted for the following 5 nights, need to start rendering to warm up.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107

A glitch caused me to sign out of the forums when I was trying to browse this thread.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited October 2023

Non-complaint:  Early birthday surprise!  I double checked the symphony offerings at Kleinhans Music Hall in Buffalo this season.  To my surprise they're having a Rachmaninoff festival.  Wheee...  And I win the prize because they are presenting both the Rachmaninoff 2nd Symphony, and also his "Piano Concerto #2" in one concert on a Sunday afternoon(hopefully before heavy snow season).  Both are palaces of music and at the very top of my list.  I can get there and back without having to stay overnight.  Wheee...yes 

I'm going to again advertise for a "Symphony Buddy" in the local "Pennysaver" ad newspaper, for a ride to and from.  My compensation will be their ticket.  That worked out well the last time I did it for a ride to a symphony at Chautauqua.  The previous Sunday they'll be performing the Rachmaninoff "Piano Concerto #3", "Vocalise", and "Isle of the Dead".  I'd like to go to that one as well, but ($$$)sad  A symphony ticket for my symphony buddy is half the price of a 70 mile Uber, both ways (we both win).enlightened It's going to be a marvelous early birthday afternoon.  My brain will be floating in Rachmaninoff melodies for a month.heart

"The Often Off-Topic, Complaint Thread:"enlightened

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

PerttiA said:

Temperatures below freezing predicted for the following 5 nights, need to start rendering to warm up.

LOL 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Early birthday surprise!  I double checked the symphony offerings at Kleinhans Music Hall in Buffalo this season.  To my surprise they're having a Rachmaninoff festival.  Wheee...  And I win the prize because they are presenting both the Rachmaninoff 2nd Symphony, and also his "Piano Concerto #2" in one concert on a Sunday afternoon(hopefully before heavy snow season).  Both are palaces of music and at the very top of my list.  I can get there and back without having to stay overnight.  Wheee...yes 

I'm going to again advertise for a "Symphony Buddy" in the local "Pennysaver" ad newspaper, for a ride to and from.  My compensation will be their ticket.  That worked out well the last time I did it for a ride to a symphony at Chautauqua.  The previous Sunday they'll be performing the Rachmaninoff "Piano Concerto #3", "Vocalise", and "Isle of the Dead".  I'd like to go to that one as well, but ($$$)sad  A symphony ticket for my symphony buddy is half the price of a 70 mile Uber, both ways (we both win).enlightened It's going to be a marvelous early birthday afternoon.  My brain will be floating in Rachmaninoff melodies for a month.heart

"The Often Off-Topic, Complaint Thread:"enlightened

...nice.  that sounds like an wonderful programme.  

PerttiA said:

...won't going to be getting that cold here but overnight lows will drop into the low to mid 40s (F) next week (and it will be wet so it will feel colder).  Just thinking about it makes my bones and joints ache even though it's going to be in the 70s for the next few days starting tomorrow.  (summer's last gasp).

Thankfully maintenance serviced the heater in my place last Friday though I need to start shopping for that electric blanket. 

edited October 2023

kyoto kid said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Early birthday surprise!  I double checked the symphony offerings at Kleinhans Music Hall in Buffalo this season.  To my surprise they're having a Rachmaninoff festival.  Wheee... 

...nice.  that sounds like an wonderful programme.  

Yes, much more excited to attend that event than the dentist tomorrow.  The dentist may have to wait for all of his money.devil  Remind me again about how not having a car saves me money?frown

Complaint:  Arghhh... my local old-person bus has changed ownership.  I hope they don't start changing routes and services.  In situations like this, it's the outliers, like me, that get burned.indecision

"The Non-complaint, Complaint Thread"

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Possibly a few inches of snow here on Monday, and temps in the -3C to -7C range ) 26-19F...

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

...won't going to be getting that cold here but overnight lows will drop into the low to mid 40s (F) next week (and it will be wet so it will feel colder).  Just thinking about it makes my bones and joints ache even though it's going to be in the 70s for the next few days starting tomorrow.  (summer's last gasp).

Thankfully maintenance serviced the heater in my place last Friday though I need to start shopping for that electric blanket. 

edited October 2023

hacsart said:

Possibly a few inches of snow here on Monday, and temps in the -3C to -7C range ) 26-19F...

Is it time for you to put away the short pants, T-shirts, & flip-flops yet?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

Oh well, it's official... Summer is over, 16C (60F) inside at 9PM was a bit too uncomfortable, gave up and fired up the heater.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107

I found this picture on Facebook.

IMG_2737.jpeg
    660 x 880 - 125K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I sat too long yesterday and had a Spinosaurus blush

very nice render Rezca

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726

AgitatedRiot said:

Complaint: My wife comes to me and asks me what I think about the Romans. Out The Blue Romans. I never even thought about it until I was asked. So I thought for a moment. I don't have time to think about them; I am too busy caring for you and me to think about Romans. I said and walked away. 

She came to me and asked to go and look at her computer, and she said read this. So, I read this post on Facebook on how often men think about Romans. Women go to their men and ask what they think about Rome. Then I see how often men think about Romans. I look at my wife and say, if you ask men about Romans, they will think about Romans. This is by no means that men think about Romans all the time. It's a setup. 

See the stuff you miss when you aren't on social media.

Some Facebook Users are Just weird. 

So this lady I know... went onto Facebook to post a question to the men on her Facebook list. I don’t remember exactly what she asked them, but it was about rape. Something like, “what do you do to protect yourself from getting raped?”. And she got answers. People were saying things about avoiding getting arrested, and being cautious around certain people in certain situations, and whatnot. And this annoyed a couple of people. One of them suggested the men who answered were mocking the women. She eventually apologized to them when she realized they were serious. But the reason for the confusion was kind of like the Romans thing.

The lady who asked the original question had seen a thing on Facebook that claimed to be the responses from people who were asked the same question. On one side it had answers from women who supposedly were afraid to go outside at all without a weapon. And on the other side was one response representing the men that said, “I don’t do anything to avoid getting raped because I don’t worry about it”. And she assumed because it was posted on Facebook that it represented what actual people thought. I don’t know. Maybe it does. But she certainly seemed surprised that none of her male friends responded with, “I don’t worry about it at all”. That could be because the people on her Facebook list are all outsiders. But I guess there’s also that possibility that people just make up anything and put it on social networks. I don’t know.

Actually, now that I've thought about it, she really must not realize those of us on her Facebook list are all pretty much not what you would see on popular cable news channels. Because she also asked a question about something you probably can't mention at all on this forum, and promised there would be no insulting people for their answers. And a second lady answered and immediately got insulted. The lady said "this is why people don't talk about [it]". And the original lady responded with "I didn't think any of my friends were [that]".

Well, there you go.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I sat too long yesterday and had a Spinosaurus blush

very nice render Rezca

Oopps~

And thank you <3

social media is toxic, YouTube comment section too

everytime I respond to any public "promoted" content some disdainful person tries to put me in my place

Minor complaint;   D|S's being super slow.  Like,  took three minutes to open up, couldn't even access the Smart Content tab for seven or eight minutes and now that its sshowing up it still takes up to forty or so seconds before it'll load anything  -  Right now its been "Loading..."  the poses tab for a model for a full minute

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,882

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I've made the mistake of getting into protracted political arguments in the YouTube comments section.

edited October 2023

Gordig said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I've made the mistake of getting into protracted political arguments in the YouTube comments section.

Richard suggested I comment on a video I was discussing about a Blender artist shaming another Youtuber for using AI art and also using 3D assets on the video not in the Carrara forum

I know better than to do that blush 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Computer restart solved the DS problems + a few other things.  Been a day full of problems and complaints xD

Gordig said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

...same here, Even posting links to factual evidence sometimes only enflames people more..

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726

So I was lying on the floor in my bedroom, looking down the hallway. And I saw one of the cats at the other end of the hallway. He was just lying there, looking right at me. And there are some things I just can't do with a cat watching me.

NylonGirl said:

So I was lying on the floor in my bedroom, looking down the hallway. And I saw one of the cats at the other end of the hallway. He was just lying there, looking right at me. And there are some things I just can't do with a cat watching me.

I have to shut my toilet door now because Denis cannot let me go in peace

he will climb on the back of the seat or swipe at my bottom while I am trying to do my thing 

kyoto kid said:

Gordig said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

...same here, Even posting links to factual evidence sometimes only enflames people more..

Boils down to "I'd have to admit I was wrong then"  or  being akin to the "This Is Fine"  situation where you're in total denial about something even when its directly in front of you.  

Easier to just not get involved to begin with,  as tempting as it is xD

Minor itty bitty complaint'ish in that I found out a show I used to watch back in 1998/1999  was getting a new series but its a Continuity Reboot. I guess its easier to just start over when doing something with a series that's over twenty years old.  I think the art-shift is kind of neat though.  

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,882

Rezca said:

Minor itty bitty complaint'ish in that I found out a show I used to watch back in 1998/1999  was getting a new series but its a Continuity Reboot. I guess its easier to just start over when doing something with a series that's over twenty years old.  I think the art-shift is kind of neat though.  

Just found out about the new Trigun?

This discussion has been closed.