The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited October 2023

NylonGirl said:

...I don't get why people like analog dials. I like when the instrument cluster is digital like Knight Rider. Okay this time it wasn't the cat. I'm just not great at endings.

Well, I like the look of digital displays more than analog dials and gauges, but from certain standpoints, there are times that analog make more sense to employ... steam gauges, pressure gauges, certain kinds of scales, polyphasic flux collimators or handheld Bulls**tometers™... things where physical forces can actually move something that drives a dial or gauge needle, where a circuit or diode might be more prone to failure... granted, certain gauges that use bi-metal springs probably are only slightly less prone to failure than a circuit, they are usually easier to change. 
    In some cases you can have both, the analog being a backup like how a Mass Perturbation Rectifier usually has both a gauge on the manifold and a digital display on the instrument panel... which is honestly kind of redundant because if you loose boson coherence (basically what the MPR gauge is measuring), the cat is outta the bag... or box if it's Schrödinger's cat... and usually just floating around weightless, which if one were formerly laying on the floor having one's activities or inactivity being spied on by said feline, would be far more awkward, as the previously mentioned feline would technically have an entirely new axis of travel from which to conduct their observations (assuming said feline wasn't magical or gifted with flight superpowers to begin with)... usually if you loose your gravity generator, you know, so gauges or digital is kinda pointless either way.

As far as endings, neither am I... I either never end whatever it is I'm going on about, or I say something completely baffling... Lint filter pineapple doorbell pumpkin hat!

Post edited by McGyver on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

It's easier and faster to for example figure out the difference between timezones with analog clock than with a digital one - I just hate the digital clock in W10 at work.

• complaint: This morning I saw the third wasp* in two weeks in my upstairs bathroom. I don't see a nest anywhere. I feel like I'm going to have to spend a lot of money to havor live with wasps until winter. I do not like wasps.

*According to Google, they are technically yellow jackets. 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726
    If the digital displays are worse than analog due to the underlying hardware then I suppose it is now possible to have the worst of both worlds. My car's instrument cluster is basically a computer monitor that draws the analog meters on the screen, no doubt from the same sensors that would be used for any other digital display. It does seem to work though. Of course it is still in the warranty period and a magic cat rests on top of the car daily. I like the analog displays too but I think I come from a digital era and digital just feels more warm and fuzzy to me. Because digital stuff is warm and... fuzzy.
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited October 2023

butterflyfish said:

complaint: This morning I saw the third wasp* in two weeks in my upstairs bathroom. I don't see a nest anywhere. I feel like I'm going to have to spend a lot of money to havor live with wasps until winter. I do not like wasps.

I get them in my house every year.  Sometimes more than others.  They've found an opening in the roof area of the small overhang of my porch.  Birds used to nest in there but the landlord repaired the porch roof, making the hole too small for birds, but the hornets, (aka: yellowjackets), find it just right.  And each fall, when the flowers die and the bees and hornets are out of work, and knowing they're going to die before winter, they get wanderlust, and just wanna get drunk.surprise  They fly around and explore, looking for booze such as fermented apples, and beer puddles from your last backyard barbeque.  And apparently, the roof over my porch ties into the side of the house and there's probably a hole where the hornets in the roof, go for a drunken walk-about and end up in my walls.  The walls of this old house are apparently not bee proof, because about one a day will find its way to my kitchen window.frown  I used to spray or swat them, but after several years of this I realized that they appear in my house and are then attracted to the windows where they exhaust themselves, with no food or water, trying to get outside to the sun, and eventually fall down dead on the window sill, where I can't reach them behind my computer desk.  So, recently, I've taken to capturing them on the kitchen window with a small clear plastic cup.  I slide a piece of stiff paper under the cup, then ferry the bugger outside and tell it to "Fly, fool, fly!".  At which time they promptly fall to the ground and get lost in the grass.indecision  Guess they're too pooped to fly.  Oh well, I tried.  

Oh, and one other method I've used to defeat them.  Sometimes one will come in and not stay at one window but will reenter the room and fly around menacingly and not stay on a window long enough if the sun isn't very bright that day.  In that case, when I go to bed I turn on the overly bright ceiling light in the livingroom and he'll inviariably head toward the light, and exhaust himself there, and be dead by morning.  I have a nice little collection of dried bee bodies in the bottom of the ceiling light fixture.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • LeatherGryphon said:

butterflyfish said:

complaint: This morning I saw the third wasp* in two weeks in my upstairs bathroom. I don't see a nest anywhere. I feel like I'm going to have to spend a lot of money to havor live with wasps until winter. I do not like wasps.

I get them in my house every year.  Sometimes more than others.  They've found an opening in the roof area of the small overhang of my porch.  Birds used to nest in there but the landlord repaired the porch roof, making the hole too small for birds, but the hornets, aka yellowjackets, find it just right.  And each fall, when the flowers die and the bees and hornets are out of work, and knowing they're going to die before winter, they get wanderlust, and just wanna get drunk.  They fly around and explore, looking for booze such as fermented apples, and beer puddles from your last backyard barbeque.  And apparently, the roof over my porch ties into the side of the house and there's probably a hole where the hornets in the roof, go for a walk and end up in my walls.  The walls of this old house are not apparently bee proof, because about one a day will find its way into my living room.frown  I used to spray or swat them, but after several years of this I realized that they appear in my living room and are then attracted to my windows where they exhaust themselvs trying to get outside to the sun, and eventually fall down dead on the window sill, where I can't reach them.  So, recently, I've taken to capturing them on the window with a small clear plastic cup.  I slide a piece of paper under the cup, then ferry the bugger outside and tell him to "Fly, fool, fly!".  At which time they promptly fall to the ground and get lost in the grass.indecision  Guess they're too pooped to fly.

So they come back the next year? That's not good. frown 

butterflyfish said:

You might want to observe the window in the room where you found them from the outside... I wouldn't be surprised if they have a nest in the flashing under the window... depending on the way the flashing was done, sometimes there can be a separation that the queen will find, and she'll make a nest in the hollow area there... if it remains undetected too long they could find a way in under the actual wood and that's really problematic... on the upper floors of my house I have aluminum siding over 110 year old stucco (like seriously bulletproof super hard concrete stucco), which is extremely attractive to yellow jackets... for some reason they seem less attracted to the vinyl siding over the equally ancient stucco on the lower floors.

I actually have a nest in the exact place I just described that I have to get rid of soon... I'm waiting for a cold day to bring them the bad news that they have to stop existing in the vicinity of me... I really, really hate yellow jackets because they are persistent and aggressive and this is a yearly thing... which just makes me persistently aggressive towards them.

FYI... if you are NOT allergic to their stings and don't like nasty poisons, and do find another one in the room, I've found that Windex with ammonia usually kills smaller loners that get inside... it knocks them down without too much toxicity... they usually will die eventually from the ammonia, but when they go down they are usually befuddled long enough that you can squoosh them with a squooshing implement of some sort for instant results.

Fun fact... I once used a shop vac to remove two and a half gallon sized ziplock bags of mostly dead wasps from a wall upstairs...  apparently they don't do too well when vacuumed up with a shop vac... I wouldn't recommend that method of retribution, but it was satisfying to do despite like fifteen or more stings during the battle... also it was practically because if you poison a big nest, the dead wasps and their larvae can really reek as they decompose... it's a vaguely rotting shrimp smell.

butterflyfish said:

And the longer they do the bigger the nest grows... that nest I previously mentioned was probably four inches thick, two feet tall and ran about four feet long inside the hollow sections of the walls.

Sometimes they do abandon nests, I don't know why they do, but occasionally I find a dead nest while fixing something.

NylonGirl said:

If the digital displays are worse than analog due to the underlying hardware then I suppose it is now possible to have the worst of both worlds. My car's instrument cluster is basically a computer monitor that draws the analog meters on the screen, no doubt from the same sensors that would be used for any other digital display. It does seem to work though. Of course it is still in the warranty period and a magic cat rests on top of the car daily. I like the analog displays too but I think I come from a digital era and digital just feels more warm and fuzzy to me. Because digital stuff is warm and... fuzzy.

A lot of cars (most I'd imagine) still have analog speedometer cables that run to a sensor gearbox thingie that relays the data to digital screens.

Digital can be warm and fuzzy... but if it gets too fuzzy, it could be digital mold or fungus.

• McGyver said:

You might want to observe the window in the room where you found them from the outside... I wouldn't be surprised if they have a nest in the flashing under the window... depending on the way the flashing was done, sometimes there can be a separation that the queen will find, and she'll make a nest in the hollow area there... if it remains undetected too long they could find a way in under the actual wood and that's really problematic... on the upper floors of my house I have aluminum siding over 110 year old stucco (like seriously bulletproof super hard concrete stucco), which is extremely attractive to yellow jackets... for some reason they seem less attracted to the vinyl siding over the equally ancient stucco on the lower floors.

I actually have a nest in the exact place I just described that I have to get rid of soon... I'm waiting for a cold day to bring them the bad news that they have to stop existing in the vicinity of me... I really, really hate yellow jackets because they are persistent and aggressive and this is a yearly thing... which just makes me persistently aggressive towards them.

FYI... if you are NOT allergic to their stings and don't like nasty poisons, and do find another one in the room, I've found that Windex with ammonia usually kills smaller loners that get inside... it knocks them down without too much toxicity... they usually will die eventually from the ammonia, but when they go down they are usually befuddled long enough that you can squoosh them with a squooshing implement of some sort for instant results.

Fun fact... I once used a shop vac to remove two and a half gallon sized ziplock bags of mostly dead wasps from a wall upstairs...  apparently they don't do too well when vacuumed up with a shop vac... I wouldn't recommend that method of retribution, but it was satisfying to do despite like fifteen or more stings during the battle... also it was practically because if you poison a big nest, the dead wasps and their larvae can really reek as they decompose... it's a vaguely rotting shrimp smell.

Oh, wow, OK. There's only one window in the bathroom. I couldn't see anything that looked suspicious around it from the ground, but it's on the second floor. 

I don't actually know if I'm allergic to them. I've managed not to get stung by one yet. My (adult) son who lives with me is allergic, though. We had a ground nest in the yard a few years ago, and they got him when he was mowing the lawn. I'm going to keep some Windex handy anyway. I don't want to use poisons inside, because I have extremely curious cats. Thanks so much for the tips. yes

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited October 2023

Rebuilding a 250+ Gigabyte database from hand since in a remarkable display of carelessness I wasn't paying attention and had my standard asset browser database wiped along with the installation I was removing to sort out a version conflict. Was Upgrading and installed it to a different drive the second time, so the files were confused as to which version of the program to launch in.

Bright side I guess is that I can spend a bit more time ensuring stuff is sorted better and all on my larger storage drive

Post edited by Rezca on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

butterflyfish said:

There is a non-poison remedy, Zevo.  There are others, but Zevo is readily availalbe.

Just be thankful they aren't Bald Faced Hornets.  They look like Yellow Jackets, but the stripes are white rather than yellow.  They are extremely agressive.  I had a nest a couple of years ago.  I called Terminix after I disovered what they were.  The guy, a professional exterminator, used the smoke thing to inject into the nest, then ran around the corner of the house.  He did this a few times.  If he was afraid, I'm really glad I didn't try to kill them myself! 

• DanaTA said:

butterflyfish said:

There is a non-poison remedy, Zevo.  There are others, but Zevo is readily availalbe.

Just be thankful they aren't Bald Faced Hornets.  They look like Yellow Jackets, but the stripes are white rather than yellow.  They are extremely agressive.  I had a nest a couple of years ago.  I called Terminix after I disovered what they were.  The guy, a professional exterminator, used the smoke thing to inject into the nest, then ran around the corner of the house.  He did this a few times.  If he was afraid, I'm really glad I didn't try to kill them myself! 

surprise Yikes! That sounds terrifying! Yay for Terminix. These definitely have yellow stripes. And thanks, I'll look into Zevo. 

butterflyfish said:

DanaTA said:

butterflyfish said:

surprise Yikes! That sounds terrifying! Yay for Terminix. These definitely have yellow stripes. And thanks, I'll look into Zevo. 

You're welcome! 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726

butterflyfish said:

I don't want to use poisons inside, because I have extremely curious cats. Thanks so much for the tips. yes

Ah yes, the cats... the extremely curious cats...

I read somewhere that "bald" means "white". It makes sense with the bald face hornets because their faces are white. But shouldn't a bald eagle be called a bald head eagle? 

• McGyver said:

butterflyfish said:

And the longer they do the bigger the nest grows... that nest I previously mentioned was probably four inches thick, two feet tall and ran about four feet long inside the hollow sections of the walls.

Sometimes they do abandon nests, I don't know why they do, but occasionally I find a dead nest while fixing something.

Yeah, I know.  I should have done something about them this year.  I let them slide last year too, but a couple years before that the landlord had a professional exterminator kill the nest.  I knew that they'd finally returned last year and did the one-a-day house invasions again.  When I saw them gathering this year late summer, I even went out and bought a can of mega-death Wasp Whoop-axe, but getting at the hole to their nest involved a ladder.  These days, ladders and I are antagonistic to each other and we agreed to not push our luck.  I should'a just called the landlord again.frown

DanaTA said:

Yeah, they are the worst... we don't get them in the house, but they occasionally will make a nest in one of the trees close to the house and they are extremely aggressive and their stings really hurt... yellow jackets just piss me off when I get stung, but bald face hornets actually leave a small bruise that lasts a few weeks... Bald face hornets fly like bullets too... I noticed a large nest in a Yew next to the house a few years ago and no sooner then I realized what I was looking at then I was "struck" three times... they literally shoot out of the nest and you feel the impact and the sting is immediate, no introduction... yellow jackets seem to fumble a teeny bit before stinging, which give you a moment to react or swat them off.. not so with the BFH... it's right to business instantly.

Any time I find a nest I immediately destroy it because they will claim an area at 50 feet around as their own... they can go do that in a park or the forest, not here... and it's ridiculous how quickly they increase the size of the nest too... I noticed a pineapple sized nest last year hanging from a low branch while mowing and decided that was a "tomorrow me" problem, but tomorrow turned into next week and the damn thing was three times the size by then... unfortunately for them that didn't work out too well.

edited October 2023

LeatherGryphon said:

Yeah, I know.  I should have done something about them this year.  I let them slide last year too, but a couple years before that the landlord had a professional exterminator kill the nest.  I knew that they'd finally returned last year and did the one-a-day house invasions again.  When I saw them gathering this year late summer, I even went out and bought a can of mega-death Wasp Whoop-axe, but getting at the hole to their nest involved a ladder.  These days, ladders and I are antagonistic to each other and we agreed to not push our luck.  I should'a just called the landlord again.frown

That "jet spray" wasp killer is really kick-ass, but that 30ft stream or whatever they claim, is like for four seconds before it drops off, and you better have aimed really well or it just kills whoever was at the door while the rest come out to see whom to sting... you really have to find the opening, adjust your aim the second the stream is at full power and hope to hell it's making it in... and I've never had success in over 10ft and under three cans... but if you can get enough inside, it's practically instant death to any of them that touch the liquid... 

To anyone using those "Wasp and Hornet" sprays, if you have any sort of respirator or filter type mask or at least some sort of breathing protection... use it that stuff is extremely nasty-toxic... it's actually pretty gruesome how it kills the wasps, by breaking down their neural connections instantly... nobody needs to find out the hard way if that effects them too in some way.

• I'm starting to think I might need to hire somebody to do this. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I keep spraying wasps through my vent  when I hear them in my wall, so far goes quiet for a few weeks

I better keep doing it

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited October 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I keep spraying wasps through my vent  when I hear them in my wall, so far goes quiet for a few weeks

I better keep doing it

I hate to say this but if spraying in the vent makes the wasps go quiet ,you might want to have the ductwork checked ......assuming it's a heating or cooling vent .........

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited October 2023

carrie58 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I better keep doing it

I hate to say this but if spraying in the vent makes the wasps go quiet ,you might want to have the ductwork checked ......assuming it's a heating or cooling vent .........

wall vent in what you call drywall

my whole wall easily accessible by outside critters along the top under the eaves and cracks sadly  

is a big crack in brick outside that spot

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

WendyLuvsCatz said:

carrie58 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I better keep doing it

my whole wall easily accessible by outside critters along the top under the eaves and cracks sadly  

Ahhhh heck I make my kids nuts cause that sounds like a Expanding Foam issue to me ...... fills in holes and openings so nicely

McGyver said:

LeatherGryphon said:

That "jet spray" wasp killer is really kick-ass, but that 30ft stream or whatever they claim, is like for four seconds before it drops off, and you better have aimed really well or it just kills whoever was at the door while the rest come out to see whom to sting... you really have to find the opening, adjust your aim the second the stream is at full power and hope to hell it's making it in... and I've never had success in over 10ft and under three cans... but if you can get enough inside, it's practically instant death to any of them that touch the liquid... 

To anyone using those "Wasp and Hornet" sprays, if you have any sort of respirator or filter type mask or at least some sort of breathing protection... use it that stuff is extremely nasty-toxic... it's actually pretty gruesome how it kills the wasps, by breaking down their neural connections instantly... nobody needs to find out the hard way if that effects them too in some way.

In the past I've used Victor Poison Free Wasp and Hornet Spray.  The active ingredient is lemongrass oil.  It won't harm you, but kills the yellow jackets.  Protect your eyes, it will sting a little.  But otherwise, it won't harm you.  One can was usually enough to totally soak the nest, which is what you should do.  You'll see them dropping out.  It's best to do this in the early morning at sunrise or at dusk, when the yellow jackets are not active.  A few may fly away scared, but probably will drop dead soon thereafter.  It shoots a pretty good stream...stand several feet away, upwind if it's a breezy day and possible.  It worked for me on several occassions.  But probably not against BFHs.  The one good thing about BFHs...they won't return to the same spot.  That's not to say they won't build a nest a few yards away.  A couple of years later, there was another nest in a tree beside the driveway.  The HOA took care of that one, though...it was their tree.

carrie58 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

carrie58 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I better keep doing it

Ahhhh heck I make my kids nuts cause that sounds like a Expanding Foam issue to me ...... fills in holes and openings so nicely

Great Sfuff!  That's a testimonial as well as the actual brand name.  They make different ones.  Be sure to get the right one.  Otherwise, you'll be using a lot of cans, or you'll be spreading the gap open.  Some are made for cracks in concrete foundations, so are made for space on the sides of doors and windows. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,883

Rezca said:

Rebuilding a 250+ Gigabyte database from hand since in a remarkable display of carelessness I wasn't paying attention and had my standard asset browser database wiped along with the installation I was removing to sort out a version conflict. Was Upgrading and installed it to a different drive the second time, so the files were confused as to which version of the program to launch in.

Bright side I guess is that I can spend a bit more time ensuring stuff is sorted better and all on my larger storage drive

Oof, I didn't realize you'd wiped your database. Would explain the issue you were having, though.

edited October 2023

I am in Australia and these are European wasps a nasty imported pest

same size as bees but not fluffy, nasty sting

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • We had an interesting time with a wasp in our 2CV once when my wife was driving. It was summer, wearing very light clothing and we had the under windscreen flap open, and we collected a wasp. It hit the flyscreen at such an angle that everything went through except its wings. It landed in my wife's lap in a foul mood and started stinging everything nearby on arrival at the juncture at the top of her legs. It didn't stop stinging until my wife emergency stopped the car & exploded out, by which time she had had some exceeding sensitive parts stung multiple times. It hurt for days...

I had to drive the rest of the way, and was in the dog-house for 2 reasons - it was obviously my fault that the wasp had stung her and (which was worse) I had found it impossible to keep a straight face all the time.

Regards,

Richard.

DanaTA said:

In the past I've used Victor Poison Free Wasp and Hornet Spray. 

Just to clarify... that's not "Victor Poison... Free... Wasp and Hornet Spray"... Because restaurants are always trying to poison me and if someone has finally invented a specific "Victor Poison" (I'm imagining it comes in the form of a donut or bacon) that explains a lot... it's understandable, but also pretty rough... but at least they expanded into other pests like wasps and hornets...

Are there other personalized poisons like "Joe Poison" or "Ethan Poison" or "Stanley Poison"...? I'm imagining Stanley poison would be a spray you put on your shrubs and the perimeter of one's home to keep him from gnawing on your vinyl siding... the Stanley I used to know was weird like that, so I could see that if there were more of him,which I can't imagine being the case due his unique odor, that would probably sell well... but nonetheless, I'm both alarmed and kinda honored that they developed a specific Victor Poison to deal with me.

The lemon oil makes sense... if you bash a wasp with a lemon or grapefruit they die pretty quickly, technically potatoes work too and are easier to have a good grip on while bashing... I was going to say they are cheaper too, but potatoes are like two and a half times what they cost two years ago which if you do the math based on the 3.7% inflation rate makes complete sense if you are really bad at number stuff... it's funny how everything is at almost twice what it was two years ago, but somehow 3.7% is a valid number in the equation... I'm thinking they are using silent numerals... they are like silent letters ... like"silent A", "silent B"... "silent T, H, K, W, G, U, C, L, P, E, D, H, S... and the most silent it doesn't even have a symbol "   ".... I think it's mentally pronounced "Quilnargk", but I've never heard it said since it's so silent it's more of an insinuation of a letter that you convey through a look when you allude to it... a lot of it is eyebrow movement based which is why I feel it's definitely "Quilnargk", but there could be a silent "X" or "Z" in there... it's hard to tell, because of the discrepancies in eyebrow angles... but yeah, I'm thinking we've moved into the silent number phase of inflation where to remain ridiculously profitable companies have to use silent numbers, so when an item that was $10 two years ago is $15 or $20 and you explain it's because of the 3.7% inflation, it's implied the silent "50%" or "110%" or whatever "ridiculous math" number is being used to adjust the price for "1% happiness stability factors"... which is an important part of the science of Ridiculous Math Economics" which is so complicated and mysterious that only the people who use it understand it, but can't actually explain in terms ordinary people or llamas can understand.

But back to poisoning me... or rather poisons made for me... or do I own a company that makes poisons and I forgot?... I didn't think of that... it would make sense... half the crap in jars or canisters in my shop is pretty toxic... maybe I own a successful poison business and it's so successful and I've used silent numbers so much, I've actually made the entirety of my profits and success silent and now I've forgotten I'm rich...

Crap...

Well... thanks for reminding me?

Anyway... If I find that stuff around here, I'll give it a try on the yellow jackets living under the window flashing upstairs. 

Cheers and Beers... Vic 

edited October 2023

richardandtracy said:

We had an interesting time with a wasp in our 2CV once when my wife was driving. It was summer, wearing very light clothing and we had the under windscreen flap open, and we collected a wasp. It hit the flyscreen at such an angle that everything went through except its wings. It landed in my wife's lap in a foul mood and started stinging everything nearby on arrival at the juncture at the top of her legs. It didn't stop stinging until my wife emergency stopped the car & exploded out, by which time she had had some exceeding sensitive parts stung multiple times. It hurt for days...

I had to drive the rest of the way, and was in the dog-house for 2 reasons - it was obviously my fault that the wasp had stung her and (which was worse) I had found it impossible to keep a straight face all the time.

Regards,

Richard.

A 2CV... That's actually one of my favorite cars... as a kid visiting my father in Italy, my half brother's friends had one and there were a lot of fantastical adventures associated with it (and a couple of other 2CVs)... I was actually telling one of my daughters about one of those adventures and trying to describe a 2CV when one passed by on the other side of the highway, which in the 21st century, in America is like mentioning a unicorn and then seeing a bright red one trot by... 

The weird thing about those cars is everyone I've known who had one, hated it when they owned it, because it was all they could afford or was available, but decades later, it became their favorite car, even if they owned expensive luxury vehicles... 

Sorry about only focusing on the car part of the story... stung sensitive bits are no joke... but I understand the part about laughing inappropriately... my wife once got bitten on the bottom by a bumblebee (say the three times... fast)... bitten, not stung... I have no idea why or how it happened... she may have sat on it while changing, but it was really pissed off and latched on and not stinging her, but biting when I found it (Some types of bumblebees have pretty well developed mandibles which they use for burrowing in wood... apparently she offended one of those)... and for some reason I didn't swat it, I pulled it off and let it go outside... laughing the whole time... the problem wasn't that I didn't immediately kill it, my wife hates when I unnecessarily kill bugs and that was force of habit, it's that I was laughing because it was biting her... 

That was when we first bought this house, and at this point anything that stings (except for bumblebees, honeybees and spider hunter wasps) is fair game... She still doesn't like it if I kill other bugs, especially if it causes damage to walls, or I get involved in "Wasp Wars" as she calls those campaigns... 

This discussion has been closed.