The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

McGyver said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Catastrophic cruel cringy cubacabra-chihuahua.surprise

Technically his name is Chico and he's a Chupacabahihuahua... 

Say that with a straight face. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Catastrophic cruel cringy cubacabra-chihuahua.surprise

Technically his name is Chico and he's a Chupacabahihuahua... 

Say that with a straight face. 

Say it three times and it will appear ... and congratulate you on being the only person to successfully say it three times. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

NylonGirl said:

McGyver said:

Looking back on the past several posts... I think it's a good thing I didn't get into writing video game stories like I once wanted to... 

I was just thinking I want it to be real. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a while.

To be a real video game or be real, like reality... I'm pretty sure nobody would ever want me to write the plot/story for a video game... but on the plus side, almost half of my satirical commentary in the form of future predictions I made in the past, has come true as current WTF-reality, so there is a good chance you might actually end up having to fight a mutant Chupacabrahihuahua so you can get the quesadilla maker to fight the angry closet bats, or do The Macarena with dumpster raccoons throwing a math party rave behind the 7-11, just so you can get a bunch of bananas to bribe the Infinite Monkeys with... on the face of it, that all sounds crazy... but then think about 1998 You saying in jest, out loud, any of the crap that happened from 2016-2023, back in 1998... You'd seriously be questioning the tenuousness of your grasp of reality and ability to coherently write fiction... but then fast forward 18 or so years and you'd be like "Huh... well that sucks..." 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I just visited the troll cave and blocked another random on Facebook 

started to reply to them then came to my senses

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

Mired in the gunk of time...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

McGyver said:

NylonGirl said:

McGyver said:

Looking back on the past several posts... I think it's a good thing I didn't get into writing video game stories like I once wanted to... 

I was just thinking I want it to be real. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a while.

To be a real video game or be real, like reality... I'm pretty sure nobody would ever want me to write the plot/story for a video game... but on the plus side, almost half of my satirical commentary in the form of future predictions I made in the past, has come true as current WTF-reality, so there is a good chance you might actually end up having to fight a mutant Chupacabrahihuahua so you can get the quesadilla maker to fight the angry closet bats, or do The Macarena with dumpster raccoons throwing a math party rave behind the 7-11, just so you can get a bunch of bananas to bribe the Infinite Monkeys with... on the face of it, that all sounds crazy... but then think about 1998 You saying in jest, out loud, any of the crap that happened from 2016-2023, back in 1998... You'd seriously be questioning the tenuousness of your grasp of reality and ability to coherently write fiction... but then fast forward 18 or so years and you'd be like "Huh... well that sucks..." 

...I. with your sense of imagination I think you make a great video game writer, I'd actually consider playing such a game. 

I actually lost interest video games years ago after I was introduced to Halo and my character couldn't get more than 10 meters from the drop ship before he got dropped again and again. 'and that was suposed ot be fun?'  .

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

kyoto kid said:

McGyver said:

NylonGirl said:

McGyver said:

...I. with your sense of imagination I think you make a great video game writer, I'd actually consider playing such a game. 

I actually lost interest video games years ago after I was introduced to Halo and my character couldn't get more than 10 meters from the drop ship before he got dropped again and again. 'and that was suposed ot be fun?'  .

Yeah, I miss games like Crystal Caves, Monuments of Mars (there were at least two, maybe three), Commander Keen,  Duke Nuk'em (original, not later ones), EGAint.  I had a great copy of Crossbow on the Commodore 64, just like the arcade game, except for the controller device.  And, of course, a lot of the games on the Atari.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

My New fall asleep video it is very hypnotic.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Complaint: We have had temperatures between -21C to -28 (-6F to -18F) for a week, which in it self is not that good when one is living in a 80 year old rats nest, but today when I was coming home, one of the heater hoses ruptured in my car... frown
    They had forecasted that the temperatures would go up to -10C (14F) by midnight today, so I'm just waiting for it to get a little warmer before going out to check, where the leak is and if I can MacGyver it to keep the water inside the system...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

That is horrible!  We had a dusting of snow Friday but it has since melted away.  

edited January 8

PerttiA said:

Complaint: We have had temperatures between -21C to -28 (-6F to -18F) for a week, which in it self is not that good when one is living in a 80 year old rats nest, but today when I was coming home, one of the heater hoses ruptured in my car... frown
    They had forecasted that the temperatures would go up to -10C (14F) by midnight today, so I'm just waiting for it to get a little warmer before going out to check, where the leak is and if I can MacGyver it to keep the water inside the system...

Had to wait until morning before the temperature got up to tolerable levels, but the leak was in an easy place and with some self-vulcanising tape and a hose clamp, the water stayed inside the coolant system again smiley

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Made a BIG pot of chili today ,gonna let it cool over night then divide it into portions to freeze ,smells soooo good

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

I am nervous and I don't know why.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,503
    Who knew Chilli gets chillier in the freezer? We didn't, until after a couple of months we unknowingly uncapped a volcano and then tried to eat it. I was amazed it didn't melt through the saucepan or burn through our teeth. Absolutely unbearable. Regards, Richard.
    edited January 9

carrie58 said:

Made a BIG pot of chili today ,gonna let it cool over night then divide it into portions to freeze ,smells soooo good

Always good to have a container of chili in the freezer.  Mmmmm... chili.yes   I cook up a whole 4-quart pot of it sometimes, but usually I make chillimac(some chili beans in a lot of macaroni) instead.  But I make essentially the same sauce for either chilimac or chili.  Lots of Cayene pepper, chili pepper & a jalapeno pepper (when I have one), hamburg, onions, mushrooms, and good mushy tomato chunks.  Mmmm...yes  Yeah, yeah, a lot of the ingredients are out of cans & jars,blush but it's my recipe, and I put it together.heart

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

richardandtracy said:

Who knew Chilli gets chillier in the freezer? We didn't, until after a couple of months we unknowingly uncapped a volcano and then tried to eat it. I was amazed it didn't melt through the saucepan or burn through our teeth. Absolutely unbearable. Regards, Richard.

My chili starts out mild ,so it's never too spicey even after freezeing , plus a nice dollop of sour cream  ,will cut the burn ,and having ginger ale to drink helps too .......

LeatherGryphon said:

carrie58 said:

Always good to have a container of chili in the freezer.  Mmmmm... chili.yes   I cook up a whole 4-quart pot of it sometimes, but usually I make chillimac(some chili beans in a lot of macaroni) instead.  But I make essentially the same sauce for either chilimac or chili.  Lots of Cayene pepper, chili pepper & a jalapeno pepper (when I have one), hamburg, onions, mushrooms, and good mushy tomato chunks.  Mmmm...yes  Yeah, yeah, a lot of the ingredients are out of cans & jars,blush but it's my recipe, and I put it together.heart

nice thing about making/saving individual servings ,is you can add different things each time you thaw a serving out .I haven't made chili in over a year .

...complaint #1

Well about to run out of luck after enjoying a rather mild winter here in the Northwest. it's been so mild that cherry blossoms are beginning to bloom and it's only early January.

All this is going to come to an abrupt end this coming weekend as the forecast calls for 11 - 12 " of that white slippery stuff between Friday and Saturday night. which will stick around as it will remain below freezing for the next several days afterwards  Then next Wednesday we'll have the usual ice storm before things warm up again.

Already have started stocking up for the planned hibernation until it becomes mild and wet sotits safe to walk outside again.

Complaint #2 , I've also been a bit under the weather (in the figurative sense) since last Saturday and to make it feel worse, we had a power outage this morning. so no heat  and couldn't make any tea or soup.  Fortunately it didn't last as long as the one we had a few years ago and I was home at the time to unplug the computers & such.  I feel the last one contributed to the demise of my Daz content library drive which exhibited signs of instability afterwards  and finally crashed. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited January 9

Just had a very bizarre exchange on Discord after accepting a friend request from someone I didn't recognize:

I ran the messages through Google Translate. Apparently the first three are:

Who are you
    Come on everyone
    Throw it

And the three after I responded are all rude.

Discordindeed.PNG
    464 x 402 - 28K
    Post edited by Gordig on

...yeah that last bit is pretty rude I'll say.

If you can I'd block that person.

One of the reasons I'm not on Discord.  Our Missions group considered movving from FB to DIscord and learned the mistake of that decision.

Crazy weather... On Sunday morning it was -28C (-18F) and now at 10PM it's +2.5C (36F) outside.

• Non-complaint: just got delayed Christmas present, a plush hooded robe. It is wonderful! 

Non-complaint 2: Our dogs are warm and love to cuddle.

Minor complaint: The weather here (Arkansas) is not pleasant - cold, wind, bit of snow & sleet. Although it is not nearly so dire as @PertiiA and @kyoto kid are facing or about to face. Sending warm, cozy thoughts.

Even more minor complaint: the yummy chili I made the other day is almost gone. But I believe there is split pea soup in the freezer.

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414

I just had the bright idea of resurfacing and amping the lights on the Greeble Street Blocks (Figured if I had to fish out set two from my file folders in order to make scene subsets so I could use them, I might as well make a big project out of them). Had no idea what I was getting into. "There are only 86 of them." Took me two days. Lawd above.

edited January 9

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Non-complaint: just got delayed Christmas present, a plush hooded robe. It is wonderful! 

Minor complaint: The weather here (Arkansas) is not pleasant - cold, wind, bit of snow & sleet. Although it is not nearly so dire as @PertiiA and @kyoto kid are facing or about to face. Sending warm, cozy thoughts.

Even more minor complaint: the yummy chili I made the other day is almost gone. But I believe there is split pea soup in the freezer.

A ponderable:  "Split-pea soup"  Why do we specify that the peas are split?  Is it just that they are not mashed to structual unrecognizability?  Does anybody make a whole-pea soup?  indecision  Although I'm sure I could poke a hole in a container and make the split soup pee.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

PerttiA said:

Crazy weather... On Sunday morning it was -28C (-18F) and now at 10PM it's +2.5C (36F) outside.

Not quite as extreme here, but last night, when I went to bed, it was in the teens (F), right now, it's 38F and expected to rise to the mid 40s tomorrow.  First we get plowable snow, then flooding rains (2+ inches in my area, more in others). 

edited January 9

...weekend forecast has been revised and  it isn't good at all.  Friday's high has been downgraded from the upper 40s to the upper 30s and fall steadily throughout the day so the rain will turn to snow much earlier resulting in nearly 8 " overnight with an additional 5" on Saturday   For the following week, high temps only in the upper 20s (F) through Wednesday with a chance of more snow Thursday and Friday.  Need more blankets and an area heater.  Need one more grocery trip to the other market further away before my self enforced hibernation. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited January 10

the peas are dried and split

there is probably issues using whole dried peas, maybe they don't keep as well as less surface area or something 

I have bought whole dried peas for planting green manure from a fodder store so suspect whole ones probably sprout

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

LeatherGryphon said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Non-complaint: just got delayed Christmas present, a plush hooded robe. It is wonderful! 

A ponderable:  "Split-pea soup"  Why do we specify that the peas are split?  Is it just that they are not mashed to structual unrecognizability?  Does anybody make a whole-pea soup?  indecision  Although I'm sure I could poke a hole in a container and make the split soup pee.

ummm being split pee is not the same as split pea  for one thing  ,and according to Google :

What is the difference between pea soup and split pea soup?

Pea Variety: The main difference lies in the type of peas used. Split pea soup is typically made from dried split peas, while green pea soup is made from fresh or frozen green peas. Texture: Split pea soup has a thicker and heartier texture compared to green pea soup.Jun 7, 20    Found on Quora.com

edited January 10

Regarding the soup:  And now we know.yes

Non-complaint:  Friends came by today and took me to a movie!  I hadn't been in a movie theater in at least 5 years, probably longer.  But I do remember seeing "John Carter" at the big theater at Universal City Walk, Orlando in 2013.   Movie today was "Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom".   Meh...  It's a movie.  Lots of CGI.  Lots of impossible magic.  Lots of hunky men in skintight costumes.  Lots of sea monsters.  Evil guy, good guy, brotherly love.  Lots of climate preaching.  Meh.  Not that none of these things aren't needed, but I'm sort of over comic book fiction.  I think I'll wait until it comes next in holographic form.indecision 

However,  I had a good time getting out of the house.  We also went to lunch, and drove around in snow/sleet/rain hoping it wouldn't turn to ice.surprise  A good thrill always makes my day.  I was going to ask if they'd drive me to a couple of places uptown where I needed to get a few things, but decided against it.  Minimum time in the weather being the prime factor.enlightened

'Nother non-complaint:  Mellowing my mind with the 3rd movement of (yes again) the Rachmaninoff 2nd Symphony.heart  After I shuffle off this mortal coil, just listen deeply to this piece and you'll find me in there somewhere, in spirit at least.  Join me, won't you?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

Ah, but the question remains, why is it called split pea?  Is it a marketing thing, i.e. split pea sounds more appealing than dried pea?

This discussion has been closed.