The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sounds good to me

Alone in that?  surprise  Sounds terribly lonesome to me! 

Well there are cats though. Lots and lots of cats. All singing together, "sail away, sail away, sail away..." 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

That's just the gate house.   She moved out of the big house.devil

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sounds good to me

We'll all come keep you company.  We'll even meow. 

Fixmypcmike said:

DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sounds good to me

Maybe that was the plan all along... to have all the guests pretend to be cats so everybody thinks the owner just lives with a bunch of cats. And maybe one giraffe but it doesn't matter. 

NylonGirl said:

Fixmypcmike said:

DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sounds good to me

Maybe that was the plan all along... to have all the guests pretend to be cats so everybody thinks the owner just lives with a bunch of cats. And maybe one giraffe but it doesn't matter. 

It matters if you don't have cathedral ceilings. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

Fixmypcmike said:

NylonGirl said:

Fixmypcmike said:

DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sounds good to me

That's not a giraffe, it's an okapi 

Nath said:

Fixmypcmike said:

NylonGirl said:

Fixmypcmike said:

DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sounds good to me

That's not a giraffe, it's an okapi 

I'm sure that castle is big enough that there are plenty of unokapied rooms. 

Whether it's okapied or unokapied, there seem to be a few technical issues going on. Apparently we need the sound bar remote control to turn the fan on, the fan remote to turn the air fryer on, the garage door opener to turn the air conditioner on, and a broom to press the only button on the TV. And we almost had a way to save the future but it depends on a specific "weathered" vegetable and I don't know which one because they're all weathered. It doesn't matter anymore. As soon as somebody tries to sweep the floor with that broom soldered to the dishwasher, every garage door in the city will open at the same time... without that freezer-burned vegetable functioning as a makeshift fuse... and the grid isn't ready.... it's not ready.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 15

...well we didn't quite get the "snowmageddon" that was forecast.  Too much warm are above the cold layer on teh ground which turned it into ice pellets and sleet.  Of course that made streets extra slippery.  Other areas, particularly north of the Columbia river, actually got more snow. Here in central Portland about an inch &  half of snow/sleet by the time it was all over. That's the difficulty in accurately predicting conditions in the western valleys.  If the wind brings in a thicker dome of cold air it's all snow if not it's a ,mix of snow, ice pellets and/or freezing rain   TEH real "villain were the strong winds with gusts clocked over around 65 mph in some areas.  Many trees were toppled due to snow and ice in the branches. 

Streets were blocked, houses and cars were damaged, and the entire Metro LRT network was shut down Saturday afternoon due to a myriad of weather related issues from frozen switches, debris on the overhead lines, downed trees, ice on the tracks, and power outages (in the metro area alone there were 3,200 power individual outages affecting over 127,000 customers, mostly from fallen trees that took out power lines. . 

...and it's not over yet, for one, temperatures were frigid this area, with highs in the low to mid teens Saturday and today, after a brief respite on Monday we're back into it on Tuesday as the forecast calls for freezing rain (upwards of  a third to half inch of ice) which again  could bring down power lines and trees again and make travel extremely dangerous. . At least it won't be nearly as windy as it was Saturday.

Fortunately I'm stocked up to ride it out to Friday if need be. which is great as I finally feel lI'm almost over this cold that hit me last weekend.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Apparently we had the coldest football game in the history of the world yesterday. Taylor was happy though. They're saying some day this week the temperature will be above zero again. We didn't go out at all today. It's rare that we don't go anywhere.

...reminds me of the inter of '76, 77 when we had over a week of below zero (F) temperatures in Southern Wisconsin.  I remember the first day it got above zero, to a "balmy" 15° F.  it actually felt like spring. (particularly after a week of -20° F temperatures)

A friend of mine cruised up and down Wisconsin Ave in Milwaukee in his '67 Tempest 400 in shirtsleeves with the windows rolled down and radio turned up rocking out with  the music.

Yeah, those were ,young and foolish days.

edited January 15

Yeah, the snow bypassed here too.  Although Buffalo was nasty.  But the storm didn't come ashore except directly along the eastern edge of Lake Erie, hitting the northwest shore of Chautauqua county and then clobbered Erie county and Buffalo as it headed for Lake Ontario.  Here, we only got about a half inch, but it's COLD!  (5F = -15C)  

As promised, I spent the afternoon sipping hot chocolate, under my granny blanket, watching idiots streaming on live TV as they drive around in the storm.yes  Also went through a $4 bag of potato chips, two handfulls of peanut M&Ms, a blueberry muffin, a plain donut, and a small bag of popcorn.  This morning I was three pounds heavier. (it's the salt)  Set my diet back a week.sad  But I also rented the movies "Oppenheimer" and "John Wick 4".  Both being spotlights on alternative concepts of massive death.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

My wife is mad. She caught me hunting in Far Cry Five. I can't even Virtual Hunt. She didn't like me killing cougars or deer. She doesn't have a problem with the Cultist.

kyoto kid said:

...reminds me of the inter of '76, 77 when we had over a week of below zero (F) temperatures in Southern Wisconsin.  I remember the first day it got above zero, to a "balmy" 15° F.  it actually felt like spring. (particularly after a week of -20° F temperatures)

A friend of mine cruised up and down Wisconsin Ave in Milwaukee in his '67 Tempest 400 in shirtsleeves with the windows rolled down and radio turned up rocking out with  the music.

Yeah, those were ,young and foolish days.

Sometimes I wonder if God thinks about his early days like that.  All that "Let there be..." stuff, and comes to the conclusion of "Boy that was dumb!" indecision

edited January 16

...still pretty frigid out (for the Northwest) with that threat of rfreezing rain and ice tomorrow (Tuesday) .

...ah bugger!

The building's alarm just went off, again, for the third time today.  Just as I got my coat and was ready to head out the door tpo the stariwell, it stopped.... just like earlier today (and I just poured myself a small snifter of nice smooth rye whiskey ready to sit down relax and do a bit of Dazzing)

Maintenance needs to look into this  as it could become a "Boy who cried wolf" situation and then a real emergency occurs.

Think I'll sleep in full clothes tonight just in case it goes off again as I'm not walking outside on a freezing windy night without being "layered" and bundled up first. The old bones and joints don't take very kindly to the cold bade enough I have to clamber down five floors of stairs as the lifts go into lockdown once the alarm sounds..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

we have freebie remotes yes

edited January 16

I kept wondering why I was going through so much printing paper. Now I know.

https://youtube.com/shorts/m3_A1ApxX4E?si=Je_W0Z1FHL0u_d4Q

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

I kept wondering why I was going through so much printing paper. Now I know.

https://youtube.com/shorts/m3_A1ApxX4E?si=Je_W0Z1FHL0u_d4Q

laugh 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

I am trying to figure out what my monthly AT&T wireless bill is, but the only information is that my account has a 0 bill right now.  Trying to call AT&T but the problem I am having is the wait is very long.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited January 17

Sfariah D said:

I am trying to figure out what my monthly AT&T wireless bill is...

Its a thing they send you saying that you owe them money... probably for a phone or some other device that doesn't have wires... which is probably a loophole someone should exploit, because most electronic devices have wires in them, even if they are tiny... you could try claiming that your phone has wires so you don't owe them any money... you might have some leeway, because they are probably charging you an "administrative fee"... like what the hell is that?... are they saying that they didn't expect to incur administrative costs and they need to pass that cost on to the customers?... Why not just add a "Cantaloupe Evaluation Fee" or "Mandatory Contribution to Dave from Accounting's Retirement Party Fee"...?
    But regardless of the categorization of the fee structure, it's probably important to pay whatever they ask... often the EULA agreements include stuff about Organ Repossession in the the event of tardy payments... it's usually around paragraph 752, right under the part about Third Party Cantaloupe Acquisition and Maintenance charges.

Of course if you actually meant to write "AT-AT Wireless bill", I have no reliable information on the Empire's billing practices for All Terrain Armored Transports... it's probably the same as AT&T's general billing structure, since I believe they were both created by a Sith accounting firm.

Post edited by McGyver on

So apparently there used to be a phone company called Sprint. And they used to have a deal called the “Friends and Family Plan”. The idea was the more phones you add to a single account, the less you pay for each phone. So a large part of my family ended up all having phones in my cousin’s name. And we had all kinds of weirdness like I was paying for my phone, and cousin and I were splitting the cost of Uncle’s phone and maybe my mom’s phone, I don’t remember now.

Cousin was meticulous about dividing this bill exactly, knowing the exact amount of the bill and how much each person was responsible for. Then cousin went to California to pursue acting and cousin’s mom took over the management of the phone bill. That was the last time any of us knew how much of the phone bill any particular person was responsible for. Then T-Mobile took over Sprint and that was the last time any of us knew how much the phone bill actually was.

So my aunt (Cousin’s mom) said just pay $80. I’m sure that was lower than the actual amount of my phone bill and my mom’s phone bill. We had lost Uncle by then but we were done with Uncle’s phone line long before that because he had a tendency to frequently do operator-assisted phone calls, which apparently costs enough money to make cousin get snippy. My mom got into YouTube so we had to add unlimited data. They told me that was $5 so I started paying $85 instead of $80. But if T-Mobile says adding unlimited data only cost $5, I’m sure the cantaloupe fee makes that like $35 and another $50 if you exceed the limit of the unlimited data. So we’re paying $85 for two phone lines that probably cost $800 of our $3200 monthly phone bill that we assume is $300. Whatever.

NylonGirl said:

So apparently there used to be a phone company called Sprint. And they used to have a deal called the “Friends and Family Plan”. The idea was the more phones you add to a single account, the less you pay for each phone. So a large part of my family ended up all having phones in my cousin’s name. And we had all kinds of weirdness like I was paying for my phone, and cousin and I were splitting the cost of Uncle’s phone and maybe my mom’s phone, I don’t remember now.

Cousin was meticulous about dividing this bill exactly, knowing the exact amount of the bill and how much each person was responsible for. Then cousin went to California to pursue acting and cousin’s mom took over the management of the phone bill. That was the last time any of us knew how much of the phone bill any particular person was responsible for. Then T-Mobile took over Sprint and that was the last time any of us knew how much the phone bill actually was.

So my aunt (Cousin’s mom) said just pay $80. I’m sure that was lower than the actual amount of my phone bill and my mom’s phone bill. We had lost Uncle by then but we were done with Uncle’s phone line long before that because he had a tendency to frequently do operator-assisted phone calls, which apparently costs enough money to make cousin get snippy. My mom got into YouTube so we had to add unlimited data. They told me that was $5 so I started paying $85 instead of $80. But if T-Mobile says adding unlimited data only cost $5, I’m sure the cantaloupe fee makes that like $35 and another $50 if you exceed the limit of the unlimited data. So we’re paying $85 for two phone lines that probably cost $800 of our $3200 monthly phone bill that we assume is $300. Whatever.

Ah, if only phone bills were that simple!  That's why we called it a confusopoly -- how do you know if a competitor is cheaper if you can never figure out how much anything costs? 

as someone who hardly uses a phone and only has it for emergencies and to use phone banking, 2 factor authentication etc

I amuses me how providers actively deprive themselves of a steady income supply by trying to force me on a plan I don't need

I was paying $30 a month just for this been with them 30 years so they decided to put it up to $80 a month with unlimited data

so of course I left and got a prepaid $80 a year plan with 120GB of data I still have not touched 6 months later

I do still have my 5G internet with them for $70 a month with unlimited data and I can actually use it on my phone via WiFi I I wanted to

all they did was diddle themselves out of an extra $360 a year

edited January 17

Fixmypcmike said:

NylonGirl said:

Ah, if only phone bills were that simple!  That's why we called it a confusopoly -- how do you know if a competitor is cheaper if you can never figure out how much anything costs? 

Don't let the US medical & insurance consortium know about that tactic...  what?, you think they already know?  How can you tell?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

You should all move to Finland

• I see only one small problem with moving to Finland. No. Two.

How many mosquitos you have in summer and some of the marks you apply to the 'A' character when writing. The latter item seems like simple cruelty to me. Otherwise, I can't see any objection at all.

Regards,

Richard

• I thought Finland had switched from Markka to Euros,in general not just on As.

edited January 17

Complaint:  Whaaaagh!  My 10 year old printer died.crying  I have pieces of foam riding out on the paper.  And the foam has been sopping up ink and sledding on my documents.frown  And shows no sign of improving.angry  Boogers!broken heart  And I just bought a new set of inks ($$$).sad

Not that I wasn't expecting it.  I've been watching it get old and infirm for the last year or so.  If I were ambitious and had a manual I might try to tear it apart and clean it, but I'm getting too old for that.  I need a magnifing glass & bright lights to see things, my hands shake palsily unless steadied, and uncle Arthur has taken up residence in my fingers.  Second option would be to find someone to fix it.  (ha ha ha)  not at current labor charges.  Probably because those types of things are just not easily fixable.  Just better to get a new one.  But I've gotten used to a big dual tray printer/scanner with 2-sided printing and great color.  I only have this one because I won the NY State lottery sub-prize ($800) and got the printer and with the left over cash paid for most of a needed tooth crown from my dentist(10 years ago when teeth were cheap).  

Non-complaint:  Wheee... more shopping!yes

Well, there goes the the next two symphony performances.frown  I ended up getting this WF-7480(image below).  All the features of the old printer(EPSON WF-7520), except for the ink typefrown  13x19 inch paper, 2-sided, 2 tray, automatic document reader, etc.  And the sale price is attractive by comparison other EPSONs with similar features.  I'll let you know if the new one is a lemon.  But after I switched to EPSON I swore I'd never get another HP printer.  However, I still need to waste my old inks* unless I can get the old printer working well enough to give it to someone interested in it.   

*Of course: the old inks are no longer in fashion and not used by this new line of similar printers.angry  Although to save a few $$ I could have gotten smaller printer that still used the 126 or 127 inks but I love my 13x19 inch paper capability and dual trays.

EPSON WF7840pro.jpg
    1520 x 1277 - 146K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

richardandtracy said:

I see only one small problem with moving to Finland. No. Two.

How many mosquitos you have in summer and some of the marks you apply to the 'A' character when writing. The latter item seems like simple cruelty to me. Otherwise, I can't see any objection at all.

The mosquitos are not that bad, and they do have a purpose in traditional finnish writing - The dots above A (Ä) and O (Ö) are made by waiting for a mosquito to land in the right spot and squishing him there. It does take a while waiting, but we are people of few words and lot of patience

Non-complaint: some might think it's a complaint. During my sleep study, the sleep doctor called and told me I stopped breathing 21 times an hour. The first thing he wanted me to do was to go back on Klonopin, which I had just got off. So I told him I have an addiction problem with those so that she wouldn't put me back on them. I told her I didn't want that Monster back in my life—CPAP and herbs were what she was putting me on. Now, they are trying to figure out the REM Behavior Disorder, which is why they want me back on Klonopin. I was locked up in my house for a year over the pandemic, and that was what got me on those pills. Not Again.

Why it's a Non-Complaint: I haven't been sleeping well for years and years. Hopefully, I will now.

This discussion has been closed.