The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• Gordig said:

I've so studiously avoided buying skimpwear that on the rare occasion that I want a sexy outfit I have very little to choose from.

LOL! So relatable! laugh

My problem is that I don't fit in skimpwear any more, and it's described as a crime against aesthetics if I do.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

richardandtracy said:

JasmineSkunk said:

Gordig said:

I've so studiously avoided buying skimpwear that on the rare occasion that I want a sexy outfit I have very little to choose from.

LOL! So relatable! laugh

My problem is that I don't fit in skimpwear any more, and it's described as a crime against aesthetics if I do.

Now now, Richard, I'm sure you look just fine in skimwear. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited January 21

richardandtracy said:

JasmineSkunk said:

Gordig said:

LOL! So relatable! laugh

And there are a lot of people who can manage to fit into skimpwear, but it looses its skimp. indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited January 21

Complaint: Got up, felt ok, never rested, moved around, cleaned up from an unrestful night again. While cleaning up, I washed my face and read a little. I cleaned around my office and lost my glasses; I just needed them to read. I went to the last place to look(Trash), and they weren't there, so I kept looking. I looked everywhere and still didn't find my glasses. Then I found them and called myself all kinds of crazy. In my defense, I found my glasses in a place where no one could see themselves. I found them when I looked in the Mirror.blush The more I looked for my glass, the harder my wife laughed. She never told me they were on top of my head.angry I don't blame her; I would do the same and have done it.laugh She was getting even.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
    edited January 21

Well, at least you weren't looking through them at the time they were missing.indecision

Non-complaint:  Found a place (temporarily) for my new printer.  Old printer is still limping along.  Electronics are OK, but the mechanics are aging.  Paper slips or sticks, inkhead cleaner boogered.  But until it completely dies or becomes untenable the picture below is where I stuck it.  BankersBoxes, collectibles, rugs, old members of my computer family & all.  I can still get to the old printer, and my boxes & collectibles.  Now, if I can just avoid setting things on the printer box, which is seemingly offering itself as a crude coffee table.

DSCN4033.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 170K
    DSCN4036.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 185K
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

WendyLuvsCatz said:

you apparently can substitute blood for eggs

Its harder to scramble the blood properly and omelets look weird when you make them like that. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited January 21

McGyver said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

you apparently can substitute blood for eggs

Its harder to scramble the blood properly and omelets look weird when you make them like that. 

I guess blood pudding is like a soufflé surprise 

I found this interesting article albeit hard to read on my iPad because the Volvo ads kept knocking the page up

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/gone-right-off-eggs-try-blood-even-in-ice-cream-the-grisly-ingredient-is-overlooked-say-cuttingedge-culinary-experts-9053690.html

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

LeatherGryphon said:

Well, at least you weren't looking through them at the time they were missing.indecision

Non-complaint:  Found a place (temporarily) for my new printer.  Old printer is still limping along.  Electronics are OK, but the mechanics are aging.  Paper slips or sticks, inkhead cleaner boogered.  But until it completely dies or becomes untenable the picture below is where I stuck it.  BankersBoxes, collectibles, rugs, old members of my computer family & all.  I can still get to the old printer, and my boxes & collectibles.  Now, if I can just avoid setting things on the printer box, which is seemingly offering itself as a crude coffee table.

Noticed the Babylon 5 collection.  I, too, have the boxed set and the several movies they made afterward! 

DanaTA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Noticed the Babylon 5 collection.  I, too, have the boxed set and the several movies they made afterward! 

I loved the show and have to watch it again. How did AI turn out for them? LOL. The government and AI perpetrate all the fake news in that show at the end.

edited January 21

Yeah, the Babalon5 set.  I saw a few of the episodes when it was first broadcast in the '90s.  I got the DVD set as my third attempt to watch the entire series from beginning to end after 30 years of trying.  I know the plotline(s) but have been wanting to GROK the whole thing in order. The first time I tried it was from Netflix (12 years ago) by renting the DVDs individually, but some of the DVDs were not available to ship to me.frown  Second time was relatively recently from a free streaming channel, but they dropped their contract to stream it before I'd finished the first season.  Pissed me off.angry  But it was around Christmas so I jumped on Amazon and treated myself to the full DVD boxed set with the additional movies.yes  I schedule myself for one episode a day.  I'm about 3/4 the way through the 2nd season.  Sheridan has just learned about Zha-Ha-Doom & the "Shadows".  The Centauri/Narn war has begun.  Londo is starting to regret his decisions, G'Kar is still free, and things are cookin' now.smiley 

But of course, after I shelled out the price of a class-A symphony ticket for the DVD set, I found the series again on another free streaming site.frown  Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with commercials.smiley

Speaking of movies, I rented & watched the latest John Wick movie last night.  I lost count of the dead bodies.surprise  But I did notice the unending bullet clips they all used, and only some people would bleed when shot, but the 'sploding heads were too much.no  Also, I finally got to rent & watch the movie "Oppenheimer".  So much I didn't know.  Finally, I still have the latest Indiana Jones movie to see before my 30 day rental is up as well as the latest Guardians Of The Galaxy movie.  When done I'll have caught up with the few movies from 2023 that I thought were worth $6 to rent. yes

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Compliant : After a week of cold nights , last night/2:30am ,a waterline must have froze up because the water pump flipped it's breaker , and won't let me flip it back on ..so no water ,and I really don't want to pay weekend /emergency charges to get the plumber out here .Temperatures are suppose to go up this week .......

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,638
    edited January 21

I assume you know to try pushing the tripped breaker switch all the way to the off position and then try resetitng it. This sounds more like a problem with the pump than a frozen waterline. Do you have a heat source such as a halogen or incadescent light bulb in your pump house? 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

I assume you know to try pushing the tripped breaker switch all the way to the off position and then try resetitng it. This sounds more like a problem with the pump than a frozen waterline. Do you have a heat source such as a halogen or incadescent light bulb in your pump house? 

Yup I've already tried the breaker thing and I'll probaby try again , no there is no heat sorce in the pump house. If it doesn't "fix itself " then I'll be calling the plumber in the morning .......

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,638

If at all possible you need to get a heat source in the pump house today to keep the pump from freezing hard enough to crack it

If the pump house is small, a heat lamp or a few old incandescent bulbs should do the trick. You could always give your pump a heat blanket; apparently, he is cold and freezing, most likely lonely for some attention. So visit your pump and say hello and warm him up.

oh boy did I get lucky !!1 I've kept trying off and on and finally at 4pm  the breaker stayed on I gave it a half an hour and checked it and the water flow and I've got water again . I'd have to get someone to put a blanket  or heat lamp in , I've got disability issues,but for today I have water again. Thanks for the suggestions though .

edited January 21

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
    edited January 22

Non-complaint:  Having lived a long and semi-adventurous life, and having now been both semi, and fully retired for a total of  23 years, and for the last 5 without a car, stranded in the boonies of western NY State, I've seen a lot of TV and movies.indecision  So many various types of TV & movies that I've run out of shows that interest me anymore.  I've seen all the still available reruns of my favorite shows from the '50s & '60s.  I've watched about every science documentary that's ever been broadcast in the US.  I haven't liked a situation comedy since the '80s.  I'm bored with superhero movies.  There isn't much left to watch.   Comedies are more stupid to me rather than funny to me anymore.  And fiction is rarely interesting.

HOWEVER,  with modern technology and broadcasting improvements I can sit in front of my magic window for hours and watch some guy live streaming his drive across country in his semi-truck through miles and miles of western desert, or inching through traffic lights in the city.  I can watch one of a half a dozen different people wandering around and live broadcasting from Disney World, or Universal Studios.  I've ridden every ride in Disney & Universal, even if by proxy.  The other day I was riding an open top double decker tour bus in London.  There's a guy in Russia who has taken me through the Hermitage museum, and on walks along the river in St. Petersburg.  There's a guy who's let me ride with him in his car driving from Miami to NY City, and through Zion National Park in the west.  I've ambled down Broadway in NYC with him.yes

I'm sure that at some point I'll get tired of this too.  But I find it fascinating that I'm satisfied with the experience.yes   I've walked around the outside and walked through the galleries of the Hermitage so I have no desire to go go there anymore, I've ridden through Zion National Park, so I feel like I've been there.  The uninterrupted, uncut, flow of conversation and observation is fulfilling.  Ah, life in the Matrix.surprise

Who knows, maybe someday I'll wander around Jamestown, NY and entertain one person, somewhere out there, with the crowd and goings-on at the Lucy-Desi festival in August.devil  Nah, I probably couldn't afford the equipment, and I certainly don't want to jump into another technological blackhole.  Did enough of that in my career.  It's all water under the bridge now.  There's no call for Raytheon RDS-500 computer experts from the '70s.frown

• edited January 22

kyoto kid said:

...reminds me of the inter of '76, 77 when we had over a week of below zero (F) temperatures in Southern Wisconsin.  I remember the first day it got above zero, to a "balmy" 15° F.  it actually felt like spring. (particularly after a week of -20° F temperatures)

A friend of mine cruised up and down Wisconsin Ave in Milwaukee in his '67 Tempest 400 in shirtsleeves with the windows rolled down and radio turned up rocking out with  the music.

Yeah, those were ,young and foolish days.

Oh yes, The Winter It Snowed In Florida.

You read that right. SNOWED in FLORIDA. I was a lass of 13. I thought my dad was trying some Desperate Parental Ploy to get Teen-me out of bed on time when he yelled, "It's snowing!" Then he pulled the curtain back to show it falling in the beam of the streetlight. 

https://www.fox13news.com/news/snow-in-tampa-residents-woke-up-to-winter-wonderland-47-years-ago

ETA: today on my Arkansas mountain. Snowed last Sunday & Monday; there's still an inch (out of 5") left. Hasn't been above freezing. Today it is freezing rain, and real, liquid rain the rest of the week. Haven't don a lot of art because the living room doesn't get really warm and it would be hard to squeeze my computer and its tray table into the bedroom, and would get in the dogs' way. They are also big enough to knock it over.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 23

...they actually had snow flurries as far south as Puerto Rico that winter. 

I was living in Madison WI at the time (went home to Milwaukee for the holiday and ended up staying there for a couple weeks as my mum ended up in the hospital after lapsing into a deep diabetic coma). 

After she came to and was stable, I returned to Madison. At the time I was living in an old drafty Victorian houseon the east side which some friends and I rented that previous fall,  One morning I woke to find about a half inch of ice on the top of a glass of water I had by the nightstand next to my bed (it got down to around -22°F that night with a wind chill of arond -45°F).  Forunately I had a nice heavy quilt..

The only place colder than that I had ever been to was Fairbanks Alaska in 1985 when I was called up for the final round of interviews for a radio station manager's job I applied for.  It was late February and while I was there, one night it got down to -48° without wind chill factored in (fortunately the wind was farily light (at the most 3 - 5 mph) which would have made the wind chiil around -52°-56°F)

In retrospect, I was sort of glad I didn't get the job..   

Post edited by kyoto kid on

it was 41°C today

I am dead no

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it was 41°C today

I am dead no

Could you send it up here by email? 

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it was 41°C today

I am dead no

a portal between Finland and Australia would be great for cooling our side heating your side, just little outlets one can place around the home

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it was 41°C today

I am dead no

a portal between Finland and Australia would be great for cooling our side heating your side, just little outlets one can place around the home

Perfect for those inverted summers and winters.

the problem is our venomous snakes and spiders would be able to squeeze themselves through the small outlets ...

• But with a +41 to -20C differential, few would creep through either way & survive more than a few minutes.

Regards,

Richard

• richardandtracy said:

But with a +41 to -20C differential, few would creep through either way & survive more than a few minutes.

Regards,

Richard

Straight from an 80 degree sauna to a hole in the ice when it's -20 outside here. It's avouinti in Finnish. Man can survive. ;)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Hmm... I have an old backhoe sitting in my 'garden', I wonder how long would it take me to get through... I have always wanted to see what's down under. smiley

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

Just noticed my notebook has backlite keys, but the letters and numbers don't glow.

This discussion has been closed.