The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,901

ArtAngel said:

ArtAngel said:

carrie58 said:

Complaint :Short lives of fur babies .......my fur baby just passed away this afternoon ,she was 18 years old ,but still itwas too soon ......

It's always too soon. We adopt and rescue both cats and dogs, and no matter how hard we brace ourselves for the painful truth, the truth is it never gets less painful for us, especially aftyer their pain has ended. We lost several fur babies last year. Two dogs and three cats. Been guilty of being selfish and holding on too long, no matter what the vet bills cost. That final day and the day after, is never a thing we animal lovers are truly ready for. Heart breaking-crushing. Takes your breath away. Leaves a huge hole in your heart and a lump in your throat. I also have been guilty of rescuing another just when after I said, "That's it, no more,." just to ease the pain and often it does. Seeing another life saved somehow makes it seem semi-worthwhile.

Little did I know I would be racing to the vet emergency within 24 hours of writing that post. Bella our 4.5lb Yorkie, a fiesty spunky sweetheart, appeared to be in perfect health yesterday. No sign no symptom of anything wrong. She collapsed this morning unable to stand. The vet suspected she was bleeding internally. Did tests and a stomach scan. Found she had tumor on her spleen that broke and bled out. Now she's gone. Nothing but a crybaby today.

So sorry to hear ArtAngel. broken heart

My complaint today is so petty by comparison....

What is it? Only that I'm a dork! indecision *sigh*

I should read more carefully! I bought some "wings" today that I had been wanting for some time. Only to discover that when I went to download them, that they were NOT the wings actually. They were just a new texture set for the wings... which happen to also be on sale right now for less than $9 but I don't have more money to spend...

And I don't want to return the textures because I really DO plan to get the wings eventually and wanted the look of what I saw in the texture set specifically... and because I only got them for $2 bucks because I got that 5 things for $1.99 deal...

I was so happy thinking I got them for only $2 bucks!

But yeah.... I need to read more carefully, I guess. indecision

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Yeah... I get that... I bought wings too the other day... but like no way they were from a buffalo... pigeon maybe, but buffalo... I think not.
    First off, buffaloes aren't naturally spicy and secondly these were way to small to even be vestigial wings like the ones hippopotamuses have...
    The logo was sooo misleading too... unless it's of a micro buffalo, the ones in the logo would be like at least a twelve foot wingspan... Wild wings indeed... pfft.

McGyver said:

Yeah... I get that... I bought wings too the other day... but like no way they were from a buffalo... pigeon maybe, but buffalo... I think not.
    First off, buffaloes aren't naturally spicy and secondly these were way to small to even be vestigial wings like the ones hippopotamuses have...
    The logo was sooo misleading too... unless it's of a micro buffalo, the ones in the logo would be like at least a twelve foot wingspan... Wild wings indeed... pfft.

Oh! Must be that AI generated GMO variety of buffalo... Well, I hope they didn't taste like pigeon, anyway! LOL laugh

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...ah, been a way for a coiuple days (RL stuff but nothing even near traumatic just annnoying and frustrating). so had a bit of catching up to do.

ArtAngel: condolences for your furry companion 

All the ice is finally gone even form east county (which is near the Columbia Gorge where all toehold winds were funneling through into the valley). Never thought I'd like seeing rain again, but at least temperatures and life here are back to normal.  It's actually going to be almost spring like for the next few days with temperatures around 60°. .

Looking forward to visiting with some friends who live on the east side as our transit system is back to normal as well..

As to thse random logouts, been getting htem as well, 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

JasmineSkunk said:

McGyver said:

Oh! Must be that AI generated GMO variety of buffalo... Well, I hope they didn't taste like pigeon, anyway! LOL laugh

Pigeons taste like chicken; be amazed at what one eats when hungry or visiting Britain.

How to Roast a Whole Pigeon - Great British Chefs

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited January 27

Apologies:  While investigating my login problems yesterday, I stumbled across my PM list again.  I apologize to those few who have PM'd me over the years and not gotten a reply.  I'm not ignoring you.  It's just that I rarely check my PM list.  Like, major fractions of a year go by before I notice the list.blush

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • AgitatedRiot said:

JasmineSkunk said:

McGyver said:

Pigeons taste like chicken; be amazed at what one eats when hungry or visiting Britain.

That was why many houses in Europe had dovecotes, pigeons/doves available on demand.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited January 27

Regarding whole roasted pigeons:  They're more nutritious than roasted pigeonholes.blush

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Richard Haseltine said:

AgitatedRiot said:

JasmineSkunk said:

McGyver said:

That was why many houses in Europe had dovecotes, pigeons/doves available on demand.

No different than guinea fowl, partridges, peacocks, pheasants, pigeons and doves, quail or squab, swans, wild turkeys, and certain ducks like mallards or wood ducks are all considered game birds and are safe for human consumption. All I thought were yummy.

After the Nukes drop.

I don't know about Mutanted guinea fowl, partridges, peacocks, pheasants, pigeons and doves, quail or squab, swans, wild turkeys, and certain ducks like mallards or wood ducks. I will try them. I might have to stick to the mutated Insects.

I really don't want to make one of these mad.

Mutant Insects might not be any better.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

AgitatedRiot said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AgitatedRiot said:

JasmineSkunk said:

McGyver said:

No different than guinea fowl, partridges, peacocks, pheasants, pigeons and doves, quail or squab, swans, wild turkeys, and certain ducks like mallards or wood ducks are all considered game birds and are safe for human consumption. All I thought were yummy.

After the Nukes drop.

I don't know about Mutanted guinea fowl, partridges, peacocks, pheasants, pigeons and doves, quail or squab, swans, wild turkeys, and certain ducks like mallards or wood ducks. I will try them. I might have to stick to the mutated Insects.

I really don't want to make one of these mad.

Mutant Insects might not be any better.

My first husband decided he wanted duck for dinner one night ,left to get one from the store I thought ,shows up 2 hours later with a feed bag and hands it to me ,I'm like "You are kidding ,right?" Nope he wasn't he had bought a live muscovey duck with a full crop for $1.25 ,cause it was cheaper than what the grocery store had duck for.So I asked why he was handing it to me ,"Big Hunter your job ain't done yet dude ,bring it back in once you've dressed it" .I did tell him how ,my grandfather had showed me how to dress out a chicken when I was in my teens.Half way through he's crying and barfing and wanting me to finish it ,I refused and told him this is why it costs more in the store .I did boil a big pot of water to make it easier to pluck the bird and when he was finally done I did cook it ,but it was midnight before it was done ,he ate maybe 2 bites  and said he didn't like it ,I thought it was fine ..... he did not do that again.

edited January 27

AgitatedRiot said:

Nope I wouldn't be surprised... 

In the US we have a whole franchise devoted to fried pigeon... Kentucky Fried Pigeon and it's secret blend of herbs and spices and non disclosed avian meat sources...
    They started out frying chickens, but apparently at some point full sized chicken birds got too expensive and meaty, and most American cities were just brimming over with unused sky fowl ("Ratatouille du ciel" as the French say, or "Sky Rats" in New Yawkish)... so the logical decision was to switch fowl sourcing from fat, tasty, cadged unhappy birds, to free-range zombie fowl... which on the face of it sounds like a dubious choice, but pigeons are birds and birds are technically dinosaurs and if you have millions of scranky-janky birds roaming around unchecked you risk triggering one latent dinosaur gene that will flip the whole situation back 65 million years, give or take a month or two...  

Now don't take that as an excuse for whatever the hell is going on there, I'm just saying, it could be a blessing in disguise and if the restaurant industry ever needs someone who is waaaay better at coming up with ridiculous defenses for ludicrous decisions, this is just a tiny taste of what you could have available to your legal team...
    Because I think we all agree the standard corporate "Ooopsies, we didn't know... so sorry, it's not who we are... blah, blah blah" just ain't cutting it anymore... not to say it doesn't work or actually matters, but I think this kind of approach will definitely appeal to a good number of people that believe there's a system of interconnected C.H.U.D. tunnels below most pizza parlors and Foot Lockers... and that percentage of people who probably also believe Jurassic Park is a documentary, will be thankful the Dinosaur Apocalypse is being kept in check while providing traditional fried bird meat (of some sort) at non-subscription meal rates*...

This passed as a drumstick in 2020 when I took the picture...

So if you do the reconstructive geometry on that, it would stand about the exact height of a standard non-squab NYC pigeon.

I personally would be okay with Jurassic Park NYC... I think it would be a refreshing change and quite a bit of fun, but too many people out there probably have some sort of nightmares about this scenario which I just don't understand.

But... we can work with that... and it's a great basis for an equally refreshing approach to exciting new excuses for stuff... people are harboring all sorts of latent fears that are subconsciously gnawing away at their sanity, health and general wellbeing and if my bizarre, but well crafted if not somewhat entertaining excuses can supersede the standard "Oopises" approach and serve to alliveate the fears of even a small amount of individuals, it could open the door to even bigger, funner lies and rewarding misconduct that everyone could enjoy until the monkeys knock on our doors looking for whatever we agreed to in that EULA... yeah... that was from a different post in another thread earlier and I'm not even sure what I was getting at... something about monkeys and Shakespearean EULAs or something... I don't even know what I'm going on about most of the time.

You see... I'm writing this and I'm confused... it's clearly working on me and what better example of how confusing it is that a few sentences of my writing can fry enough neural connections that people will believe anything... I pretty much believe everything I say... unfortunately I remember none of it, so what more can one ask for but that afterglow of acceptance and happiness one gets after waking from a good dream that faded.

I dunno what I just said... I just read that last part and I'm more confused now.

Anyway... yes pigeon is probably a good chicken substitute.

*Well, at the moment... I've got some great ideas on how to make that a thing... it's technically a little illegal, but hey what are laws, but words, and sticks and stones can break my bones, but word can never hurt me... so you see where I'm going in this defense.

Post edited by McGyver on

McGyver said:

The hand or the fork?

edited January 27

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

The hand or the fork?

You again?... geez, you're insufferable... go bother some squirrels.

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

The hand or the fork?

You again... geez, you're insufferable... go bother some squirrels.

Hey...stop it you guys, nobody needs this nonsense... don't make me come back there or you'll both be sorry!

edited January 27

Huh?

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

The hand or the fork?

Hey...stop it you guys, nobody needs this nonsense... don't make me come back there or you'll both be sorry!

Jeez... the five of you never stop.

edited January 27

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

You are so bad at math...

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

Oh no... the forums signing me out has cause an overlap nexus between parallel universes... It was an inevitable consequence...

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

Oh no... the forums signing me out has cause an overlap nexus between parallel universes... It was an inevitable consequence...

Nobody is amused by your nonsense... you know it's just that you're crazy and bored... right?

laugh laughlaugh

Have I told you guys lately that I love you! heart

I have certainly learned a lot about pidgeons. And drumsticks, Carrie... that is a hillarious story!!! laugh Love how he tried to "duck" out of hs responsiblities! hahaha! So funny that you didn't let him get away with that.

Personally, I would not be very happy with a Jurassic Park NYC. The NY I have to navigate is adventurous enough, thank you... lol. But I may have to see if there is some way to try pidgeon to investigate if it really does taste like chicken! LOL

• Complaint: The new mattress I bought turned out to be a bust. I'm going to have to return it. The yucky part is having to go though the whole process again.

Non-complaint: Finally, an entire week of pleasant weather to look forward to.

Blando Calrissian said:

Complaint: The new mattress I bought turned out to be a bust. 

Some busts are harder to sleep on than others... depending on the topography, you might roll off or fall in between and get smothered...

Mattresses are much safer in the long run and probably a less awkward to find properly fitting sheets for.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

McGyver said:

Blando Calrissian said:

Complaint: The new mattress I bought turned out to be a bust. 

Some busts are harder to sleep on than others... depending on the topography, you might roll off or fall in between and get smothered...

Mattresses are much safer in the long run and probably a less awkward to find properly fitting sheets for.

It also depends on how severe the facial features are. A bust of Winston Churchill would probably be comparatively comfortable. 

edited January 28

laughlaughlaughya'll have no idea how much I needed that @McGyver

@JasmineSkunk ,yeah life with him was something else.That happened during his "Big Hunter" phase......squirrel, hare ,.he was not a good big hunter ,in fact he did join a hunting club during deer season ,ended up not being allowed to bring gun cause he just missed shooting one of his co-hunters,they did let him drive the truck though,and he was given a haunch......mind you he was in the Army ........and people wonder why I say" I have no taste in husbands"....I kinda think he got married so he could get out of the barracks ......I got married cause I was stupid ......on the plus side I got 3 fantastic kids out of the deal !! Never regret that !!

Post edited by carrie58 on

carrie58 said:

...my grandfather had showed me how to dress out a chicken when I was in my teens.

I learned to dress chickens on my own... 

It was weird, but some actually seemed to like it and would get kinda disappointed when they couldn't wear clothes... it was usually because they were going to be eaten at that point which may have added to the disappointment... but I never understood why one had to go through all that trouble... 

Still it was a lot less trouble than making costumes for the hamster I'd train to reenact key battles from the Franco-Prussian War... all those brass buttons and fancy gold piping... sharp looking, but such a pain... plus people get all weird if you eat the hamsters afterwards.

carrie58 said:

@JasmineSkunk ,yeah life with him was something else.That happened during his "Big Hunter" phase......squirrel, hare ,.he was not a good big hunter ,in fact he did join a hunting club during deer season ,ended up not being allowed to bring gun cause he just missed shooting one of his co-hunters,they did let him drive the truck though,and he was given a haunch......mind you he was in the Army ........and people wonder why I say" I have no taste in husbands"....I kinda think he got married so he could get out of the barracks ......I got married cause I was stupid ......on the plus side I got 3 fantastic kids out of the deal !! Never regret that !!

I didn't have much luck with women. The only problem was that I was a crazy magnet. They were a lot scarier than weird Barbie.

AgitatedRiot said:

carrie58 said:

I didn't have much luck with women. The only problem was that I was a crazy magnet. They were a lot scarier than weird Barbie.

Hahahaah I attracted married men for some reason and I don't touch that !! My younger brother had the same problem with attracting crazy women ,until I finally pointed out that he kept getting involved with women who "Needed " him ...... I told him to find a woman he likes who likes him but doesn't need him in her life ,then get serious .He had actually met her a few years earlier ,they tried again and have been together ever since. My favorite of his crazy ex-girlfriends was one who my son told me was nice until she blow dried her hair then she'd go nuts.....another one asked me if I'd be her matron of honor after their second date ...I was like aren't you jumping the gun abit? She tells me no he's nice has a job and will have to marry me if I'm pregnant!! ,I did warn him of that plan .....and they broke up with her calling  for months because "he 'd never find anyone better than her ....."

Needless to say I've gotten use to being alone and comfortable with it .......

edited January 28

AgitatedRiot said:

I don't think you're alone in that experience, AgitatedRiot. I have a story or two about some of my son's exes that are genuinely weirder than fiction. If I hadn't been there to see them happen myself, I would have been SERIOUSLY hard pressed to believe "real people" could be THAT crazy... Some men can be known to be "stalker" crazy sometimes, but women can be just crazy-crazy, I've noticed.

(edited.... because.)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited January 28

I edited my last post because it was too much -- even for me. cheekywink

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
This discussion has been closed.