There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

XiousDs said:

PerttiA said:

Havos said:

Don't assume all DOs on your wishlist could be picked as freebies, G9 and possible G8.1 may also not be selected. In my limited experience Genesis 8 era DOs under $30 are selected as either the freebie or the 2.99 item. No item will appear twice, so make sure new ones are added if most of what you have in the wishlist have appeared already.

All the Advent Calendar items have been from my wishlist, December 2020 has been the newest and the MSRP has been between $15 and $27

I had not seen the deals going on between June and Thanksgiving, but I know you have. So question if you don't mind me asking. Is 87% off close to the best the Aeon Soul, Blue Jaunte, Stone Mason, and Polish stuff from 2017-2020 have been discounted? There are a number of items in that list that I am close to being tempted on, like the urban future environments, greeble set 4, legendary armor, atlas armor, helix bundle, every day 2, blue jaunt models, space ship bundle, etc. I was initially holding out for DO bundles at last year discounts, but the discount seems decent for non DO items. Even though they are old items, they are pretty decent ones. Thoughts?

87% off isn't that bad, but 2020 and older non-DO items have been around 89%-91% off since March Madness started until November 18th with all the stacking conditions ticked.

• PerttiA said:

Havos said:

Don't assume all DOs on your wishlist could be picked as freebies, G9 and possible G8.1 may also not be selected. In my limited experience Genesis 8 era DOs under $30 are selected as either the freebie or the 2.99 item. No item will appear twice, so make sure new ones are added if most of what you have in the wishlist have appeared already.

All the Advent Calendar items have been from my wishlist, December 2020 has been the newest and the MSRP has been between $15 and $27

Today has been the first "lump-of-coal" day since the beginning ... although I still had a few wishlist items left that should qualify, I inexplicably was offered an M4 hair as a freebie. And then there is no new overall freebie today. And ... the nth day in a row for the $2.99 thing being sci-fi oriented. Not really complaining though. smiley I appreciate all of the cool stuff I picked up through this last month. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Today has been the first "lump-of-coal" day since the beginning ... although I still had a few wishlist items left that should qualify, I inexplicably was offered an M4 hair as a freebie. And then there is no new overall freebie today. And ... the nth day in a row for the $2.99 thing being sci-fi oriented. Not really complaining though. smiley I appreciate all of the cool stuff I picked up through this last month. 

You may not have enough eligible items not yet chosen by the system: it happened to me a couple of days ago, but adding eligible products in my wishlist solved the problem and the next day, both advent calendar items were from my wish-list again.

• Elor said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

You may not have enough eligible items not yet chosen by the system: it happened to me a couple of days ago, but adding eligible products in my wishlist solved the problem and the next day, both advent calendar items were from my wish-list again.

Giving that a try. I added some more items that should be eligible, since it looks like there's still some days. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

it seems no matter the sale, pricing has gone above my head. Yes, with the punchcard its another 35% off, but even with 50-60% plus the 35% the price is still more than I can afford overall. I've been keeping the punchcard full but I think I'm going to let it go away. I think its due to the DAZ increasing prices lately. Even at 80% off things are still too high. 

There are some really nice products being released but with current price points I'm finally, as a hobbyist, and fixed income, my limit has been overall reached. Will probably continue with DAZ+ items and maybe 1.99/2.99 items, but the rest will have to end. Free is good. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

...again the parameters beng used are maximum MSRP value,= 30$ and the end of December 2020 for the release date.  

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Hmm... I meant to sit on the 6off18 coupon until Friday, but three Urban Futures at 91% off...

Cart_271223.JPG
    866 x 1001 - 88K
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

I dipped my toe back into Daz+. Something really interesting happened: Lightning Deals started feeding me items at 91-93% off. Best I saw before was 70% maybe? I suppose since that's all DO items, the extra 30% off does its work. I actually built up my punch card and I started getting Advent Calendar freebies. So far, my purchases are small. May stay that way - It's my MO. But there have been more of them. Curious to see how the month will end. I have coupons to use.

Funny: yesterday, they were two interesting environnements in my Lightning Deals at the same time. As I'm trying to keep my Daz spending in check, I bought the one I liked the most and send the other to my wishlist to keep track of its existence.

This morning, it's my Advent Calendar's freebie laugh

@Torquinox > Currently, if you have three punches and an active Daz+ subscription, the base discount on Lightning Deals will be 82%, but yes, it can goes higher when another sale is happening. On top of that, Daz+ coupons work with LD, discounting a costly product even further.

Of course, you need to get lucky to have LD you may want when they are discounted by another sale on top of the LD, but patience is a good counter to luck smiley

As someone new to Daz, LD are also a great way to discover older products and PAs, wether to buy them if the price feels right or to send them in my wishlist if it isn't.

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414
    edited December 2023

These sales pages are getting exhausting to scroll through, and it's so hard to tell what leads to a page of items or simply navigates to another part of the page that one is almost afraid to click on them. Long gone are the days of some semblence of clarity via fine print in favor of bigger pictures with a promise of over 80% off superimposed over an item that you're not getting over 80% off of...

At 1080p, we have one page just for the title text. Then a summary page that will lead you to other parts of the page. Then a second. Then we get to the punch cards and advent calendar. Then holiday deals gets a page and a half. (didn't we already have Aztec pyramids? Oh, wait, this is part one. Part two was released a month and a half ago. So these deals are cleaning up what got left under the carpet, get it) Four pages for four categories of past items. One page for freebies that everyone has gotten at this point.

You scroll through eleven whole pages before you get a peek at the first debut new release, and they get the least amount of fanfare.

Also, what happened to mentioning featured artists by name, thereby building their brands? I've read over and over that Daz wants to give love to the PAs and not let Daz Originals overtake them, but just lumping them into a category makes them anonymous.

Post edited by Korpin.Sulat on

marcus.ames said:

You scroll through eleven whole pages before you get a peek at the first debut new release, and they get the least amount of fanfare.

You can get there faster by clicking on any of the links in the 'SHOP TODAY'S DEALS' section, then click on 'Debut New' or 'Still New' depending on where you want to go.

• Elor said:

marcus.ames said:

You can get there faster by clicking on any of the links in the 'SHOP TODAY'S DEALS' section, then click on 'Debut New' or 'Still New' depending on where you want to go.

That's so clear on these first three pages...

Clipboard01.jpg
    1904 x 894 - 153K
    Clipboard02.jpg
    1901 x 995 - 185K
    Clipboard03.jpg
    1901 x 996 - 166K
  • It's even better on mobile!

Also annoying is that the browser scroll logic has been broken for the whole month. It's very obvious on mobile on the long sales page. Sometimes scrolling down scrolls up and back and forward navigation either misinterprets where the scroll was and dumps you in any old random spot or completely resets to the top of the page - super annoying when you can't tell which links open in a new tab from the sales page.

Well, I should have 3 punches now and I'm only getting 2. So that's not fun. Either a glitch or some secret rule for the 3rd punch.

edited December 2023

Torquinox said:

Well, I should have 3 punches now and I'm only getting 2. So that's not fun. Either a glitch or some secret rule for the 3rd punch.

Did you spent at least one dollar each day, in the previous three days ?

Post edited by Elor on

Elor said:

Torquinox said:

Did you spent at least one dollar each day, in the previous three days ?

Is that what it is? I missed a day. Still getting 2 punches. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Torquinox said:

Is that what it is?

Yes, the number of punches is the number of days, in the previous three days, when you spend at least one dollar.

If you 'missed' one day, you'll have to spend at least one dollar each day for three days to get back to three punches.

Elor said:

Torquinox said:

Is that what it is?

Yes, the number of punches is the number of days, in the previous three days, when you spend at least one dollar.

If you 'missed' one day, you'll have to spend at least one dollar each day for three days to get back to three punches.

K thanks :)

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

For whatever reason they keep giving me the same 2.99 item for 4 days in a row. Ok I guess you want me to always choose a free one DAZ ....

edited December 2023

I had that happen, too. If you remove that item from your wishlist, they should pick something else. Maybe not today, though. If nothing else, this has been a good time to review my wishlist.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414
    edited December 2023

I haven't had anything from my wishlist for a couple weeks. It's a free random G2 item, or a 2.99 random G3 or G8 that makes me shrug my shoulders (in one case, it was the same G8 hair on multiple days). I suppose I should seed my list, but I already have 1100 things on it.

Post edited by Korpin.Sulat on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,307

I've got a couple of weird things going with the Advent Calendar for the last few days:

1. The items I was offered on December 23 keep turning up as "yesterday" every day - i.e exactly the same ones have been displayed claiming to be from Dec 24, Dec 25, Dec 26 and now Dec 27 (the actual items offered on those days having disappeared without trace) - and yes I have bought either the freebie or occasionally the $2.99 item every day.
    2. Every time I open the sale page today's offers are hidden behind the doors again. I already bought one so why is it pretending to be some new surprise?

Obviously these weirdneses don't actually cause a problem, but I'm intrigued as to why they are happening and whether it's just to me?

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

A little thing but keeps bugging me:

Hanger is a thing you hang your clothes on.

Hangar is a large building, usually to house an aircraft.

I was expecting large metal hangers to hang those exosuits of today's new release. https://www.daz3d.com/xi-exo-suit-hanger

MelanieL said:

I've got a couple of weird things going with the Advent Calendar for the last few days:

1. The items I was offered on December 23 keep turning up as "yesterday" every day - i.e exactly the same ones have been displayed claiming to be from Dec 24, Dec 25, Dec 26 and now Dec 27 (the actual items offered on those days having disappeared without trace) - and yes I have bought either the freebie or occasionally the $2.99 item every day.
    2. Every time I open the sale page today's offers are hidden behind the doors again. I already bought one so why is it pretending to be some new surprise?

Obviously these weirdneses don't actually cause a problem, but I'm intrigued as to why they are happening and whether it's just to me?

Yes, all that is happening to me, too. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,307

Torquinox said:

MelanieL said:

Yes, all that is happening to me, too. 

Ah, I'm glad it's not just singling me out! 

marcus.ames said:

I haven't had anything from my wishlist for a couple weeks. It's a free random G2 item, or a 2.99 random G3 or G8 that makes me shrug my shoulders (in one case, it was the same G8 hair on multiple days). I suppose I should seed my list, but I already have 1100 things on it.

That's very odd. I thought the magic of this calendar was that the items actually come from our wishlists.

Tomhip said:

For whatever reason they keep giving me the same 2.99 item for 4 days in a row. Ok I guess you want me to always choose a free one DAZ ....

Is it wrong to simply buy the item they keep offering? I can probably use it and it's a pretty good deal... 

Torquinox said:

That's very odd. I thought the magic of this calendar was that the items actually come from our wishlists.

It can only be not too recent Daz Originals (december 2020 seems to be the most recent date for them) costing less than ~$35 for the $2.99 selection and I would say, $30 or less for the freebie selection. Someone also needs to have enough eligible items, otherwise, the system may pull items outside of their wishlist.

• Elor said:

Torquinox said:

It can only be not too recent Daz Originals (december 2020 seems to be the most recent date for them) costing less than ~$35 for the $2.99 selection and I would say, $30 or less for the freebie selection. Someone also needs to have enough eligible items, otherwise, the system may pull items outside of their wishlist.

Interestingly, I had been getting wishlist things predictably up until yesterday, when it suddenly offered an M4 hair not on my wishlist. I still had otherwise eligible items in my wishlist, but I went ahead and picked some more yesterday, and promptly was offered one of yesterday's new wishlist picks today. It was the first time that happened all month so I'm only guessing but my guesses are that either there's something else, not obvious to us, about the existing items that drops them from inclusion; or, the existing items become "stale" somehow and the selection algorithm is ignoring them.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Torquinox said:

Tomhip said:

Is it wrong to simply buy the item they keep offering? I can probably use it and it's a pretty good deal... 

You don't even know what that item was... and the fact that I choose freebie over it 3 days in a row should be indicator that its not as good as you might think....

I have bough some of 2.99 items before if they were inetresting but I do keep a lot of "nice to haves" on my lists in case they pop up in Grab Bag deals.

This discussion has been closed.