There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited December 2023

Tomhip said:

Torquinox said:

Tomhip said:

For whatever reason they keep giving me the same 2.99 item for 4 days in a row. Ok I guess you want me to always choose a free one DAZ ....

Is it wrong to simply buy the item they keep offering? I can probably use it and it's a pretty good deal... 

You don't even know what that item was... and the fact that I choose freebie over it 3 days in a row should be indicator that its not as good as you might think....

I have bough some of 2.99 items before if they were inetresting but I do keep a lot of "nice to haves" on my lists in case they pop up in Grab Bag deals.

Sorry. I'm speaking for myself, referencing stuff they're repeatedly offering me. I didn't buy it earlier because I wanted the freebie more.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • lou_harper said:

A little thing but keeps bugging me:

Hanger is a thing you hang your clothes on.

Hangar is a large building, usually to house an aircraft.

I was expecting large metal hangers to hang those exosuits of today's new release. https://www.daz3d.com/xi-exo-suit-hanger

Just complained about this in the "discuss new releases" thread! (Using almost the exact same words, in fact!) I'm so glad to know there is someone else prepared to die with me on this hill.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Elor said:

Torquinox said:

That's very odd. I thought the magic of this calendar was that the items actually come from our wishlists.

It can only be not too recent Daz Originals (december 2020 seems to be the most recent date for them) costing less than ~$35 for the $2.99 selection and I would say, $30 or less for the freebie selection. Someone also needs to have enough eligible items, otherwise, the system may pull items outside of their wishlist.

Each of the previous two days, I got items that were both released July 28, 2022 (dForce Summer Sports HairdForce Girls Baseball Style Outfit) as my $2.99 selections, both of which I had recently added to my wishlist for just such, I say, just such an emergency.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

all my advent items have been older than dirt things. I have nothing in my WL older than maybe 2021, mostly 2023, and only 43 items anyway.  I dont wish for much, just what I'm needing for something, mainly coolness or something to add to existing items for a theme. 

It would be nice for DAZ to continue the free items. There has been nothing new free for a couple of days. 

I might grab a couple of my WL items just to grab them while I have the punchcard discounts. 

• daveso said:

It would be nice for DAZ to continue the free items. There has been nothing new free for a couple of days. 

Those were Christmas gifts from the PAs, not DAZ. Freebies from DAZ are still being offered in the Advent calender. 

• For the past 2 or 3 days I've been offered https://www.daz3d.com/space-explorer-for-genesis-8-and-81-females for my $2.99 Advent selection. It's in my wishlist, along with male version, but I just liked the past few days' freebies more.

Overall I have enjoyed the Advent Calendar more than I expected, with the only downside being several days I didn't qualify due to budget. Even so, I ended up, so far, with a number of items from my wishlist including 2 Dog 8 breeds, 3 hairs, the G3 character UVs for G8M/F, Pixel Tizzy Fits Grungy Threads, and La Reine Universal Dress expansion.

Yesterday I picked up one LD, https://www.daz3d.com/heroine-fantasy-poses-weapons-for-genesis-2-female, for $1.37. I have the Bone Minions to use them with G3 & G8, so a great deal for me. It's only the second or third LD item I've bought.

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

For the past 2 or 3 days I've been offered https://www.daz3d.com/space-explorer-for-genesis-8-and-81-females for my $2.99 Advent selection. It's in my wishlist, along with male version, but I just liked the past few days' freebies more.

Overall I have enjoyed the Advent Calendar more than I expected, with the only downside being several days I didn't qualify due to budget. Even so, I ended up, so far, with a number of items from my wishlist including 2 Dog 8 breeds, 3 hairs, the G3 character UVs for G8M/F, Pixel Tizzy Fits Grungy Threads, and La Reine Universal Dress expansion.

Yesterday I picked up one LD, https://www.daz3d.com/heroine-fantasy-poses-weapons-for-genesis-2-female, for $1.37. I have the Bone Minions to use them with G3 & G8, so a great deal for me. It's only the second or third LD item I've bought.

I too have had one item stuck as the $2.99 choice for multiple days. It's legitimately on my wishlist, but I think I'll remove it for now and see if it interests me enough some other day to creep back in.

• Question from a recent-ish (I started end of Oct) newbie... everyone keeps saying "things released before X date"

How do you tell when something was released? I don't see it anywhere on the product pages; am I looking in the wrong spot?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited December 2023

SilverGirl said:

Question from a recent-ish (I started end of Oct) newbie... everyone keeps saying "things released before X date"

How do you tell when something was released? I don't see it anywhere on the product pages; am I looking in the wrong spot?

You can find the release date in the readme for the product. 

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/start

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • drucdruc Posts: 399
    edited December 2023

I stand corrected. Yesterday I spent a lot of time scrolling the older list of discounted products, defaulting the search results to Daz original in the vender filter. I added quite a few and today, both the advent freebie and $2.99 from my wish list. I grabbed the freebie, checked out and went back and put the $2.99 item in my basket it happened to be a 95% discount at $1.69. Good price for a G8F character with hair. I just checked the LD, the hair and character are in the currect deal, that explains the so low price.

Post edited by druc on
  • The grab bag today isn't too bad if there's enough in it for you to do a bigger cart. Punch card applies and some newer stuff can be had around the 90% mark.

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414
    edited December 2023

I can't slap my forehead hard enough. Today's advent freebie is already a freebie that I've ignored for all eternity. I went through, salted my wishlist with all kinds of old DO in the price range, changed nothing. I'm done nickel-and-diming myself a bit every day to maintain punches for this thing, that's about 50 bucks over the past three weeks that could have been better spent on something I actually wanted instead of the sisyphal task of maintaining punches I haven't used. I feel like a sucker. I think at this point, I'm going to collect my Daz+ freebies until the subscription runs out and give up. I hate this marketing so much.

Post edited by Korpin.Sulat on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

MelanieL said:

I've got a couple of weird things going with the Advent Calendar for the last few days:

1. The items I was offered on December 23 keep turning up as "yesterday" every day - i.e exactly the same ones have been displayed claiming to be from Dec 24, Dec 25, Dec 26 and now Dec 27 (the actual items offered on those days having disappeared without trace) - and yes I have bought either the freebie or occasionally the $2.99 item every day.
    2. Every time I open the sale page today's offers are hidden behind the doors again. I already bought one so why is it pretending to be some new surprise?

Obviously these weirdneses don't actually cause a problem, but I'm intrigued as to why they are happening and whether it's just to me?

It's not just you; I've been seeing the same error for a few days now. It seems harmless and doesn't affect anything else, but it's a bit annoying.

• ainm.sloinneadh said:

The grab bag today isn't too bad if there's enough in it for you to do a bigger cart. Punch card applies and some newer stuff can be had around the 90% mark.

One caution: I noticed the selection is heavy on outfit texture sets, but includes few of the base outfits. For most, if not all, it isn't because I own the outfit; most of them are dForce &/or genres/generations I don't do.

Advent Calendar Saga: Today I am debating whether to get the free Yeti or the $2.99 violin. Anyone have info to help me decide?

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

ainm.sloinneadh said:

The grab bag today isn't too bad if there's enough in it for you to do a bigger cart. Punch card applies and some newer stuff can be had around the 90% mark.

That's right, I've found some things I've wanted for a while - at a downright 'steal' price with the 35% Punch Card discount. The whole 'Minos'-Bundle for $3.24!

ainm.sloinneadh said:

what's this "grab bag" you speak of. I don't have a grab bag in my selections or banners.  

marcus.ames said:

I can't slap my forehead hard enough. Today's advent freebie is already a freebie that I've ignored for all eternity. I went through, salted my wishlist with all kinds of old DO in the price range, changed nothing. I'm done nickel-and-diming myself a bit every day to maintain punches for this thing, that's about 50 bucks over the past three weeks that could have been better spent on something I actually wanted instead of the sisyphal task of maintaining punches I haven't used. I feel like a sucker. I think at this point, I'm going to collect my Daz+ freebies until the subscription runs out and give up. I hate this marketing so much.

Sorry that happened to you. I hope you at least got some stuff you like and will enjoy using. You outspent me by a lot and I missed a lot of advent freebies. Even so, I've been happy with what I've got and no complaints. I haven't really got a lot of use out of the punches, but I hope that will change over the weekend. If not, I got stuff I can use and finally got some use out of lightning deals. I tend to be a product sniper. I sit back watching the deals and grab the stuff I want when it magically appears at a price I'm willing to pay. That has worked out quite well for me. My swollen product library gives me lots of options.

daveso said:

what's this "grab bag" you speak of. I don't have a grab bag in my selections or banners.  

https://www.daz3d.com/end-of-year-grab-bag

It's a small grab bag and the rice drops to $4.99 at 5 items, $3.99 at 10. Have to admit, not much there I want. It's not the grab bag I'm looking for.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

daveso said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

caravelle said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

That's right, I've found some things I've wanted for a while - at a downright 'steal' price with the 35% Punch Card discount. The whole 'Minos'-Bundle for $3.24!

That's a good deal. On 25%, I could get it down to $2.99 but only with 10 items. I don't want 10 items! 5 tops. And I'm actually buying 0 now. The desirables went to the wishlist.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Well Santa was slow but finally visited and Crow Mega Bundle showed in my Lightning deals for a -93% combo with Top Sellers discount.

Keep an eye on those Lightning Deals gold nuggets can show up in the mud!

edited December 2023

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Advent Calendar Saga: Today I am debating whether to get the free Yeti or the $2.99 violin. Anyone have info to help me decide?

Not sure which violin you're addressing, but at $2.99, it's too much and I wouldn't buy it - Unless you really, really gotta have a violin! The Yeti, on the other hand, if it's https://www.daz3d.com/yeti-hd-for-genesis-8-male looks like a wonderful freebie! I would snag it and say "Thanks Daz!"

Post edited by Torquinox on

Tomhip said:

Well Santa was slow but finally visited and Crow Mega Bundle showed in my Lightning deals for a -93% combo with Top Sellers discount.

Good for you! :D

• Tomhip said:

Congrats! I managed to pick up the Rynne 8 pro bundle for suuuper cheap (8 bucks!) this month, as well as a jacket for under a dollar, and an Ironman13 bundle for something like 3 bucks. I'm not sure why Lightning Deals is being so nice to us - I've never used it before now..

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

Nerevarine said:

I'm not sure why Lightning Deals is being so nice to us - I've never used it before now.

They felt seen by your caring attention, so, of course, they want to see a big smile on your face when a Very Nice Lightning Deal happens.

Or is just some random generator number on a server who only cares about pulling 4 random numbers for you every three hours, not knowing that some numbers are nicer than others.

laugh

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

It's a small grab bag and the rice drops to $4.99 at 5 items, $3.99 at 10. Have to admit, not much there I want. It's not the grab bag I'm looking for.

thanks. i totally missed that one. Yeah, there is one item I've looked at for quite some time.  

• Torquinox said:

daveso said:

Same here. The deal is not unreasonable as you throw stuff in the cart but this just isn't the stuff that's motivating me. I'll see what later/tomorrow brings. 

I was offered one of the most expensive things in the store yesterday as a lightning deal - a huge G8 bundle at 95% off, of which I only had previously purchased one thing. Sadly, it was the deal of the year for someone else, but i shrugged it off; just not the right stuff for me.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

Same here. The deal is not unreasonable as you throw stuff in the cart but this just isn't the stuff that's motivating me. I'll see what later/tomorrow brings. 

I was offered one of the most expensive things in the store yesterday as a lightning deal - a huge G8 bundle at 95% off, of which I only had previously purchased one thing. Sadly, it was the deal of the year for someone else, but i shrugged it off; just not the right stuff for me.

There were a few bundles in there that not without interest. What I did find interesting is that all of those products are (were) Sade's individual or collaborative efforts.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Not enough interesting items in the Grab Bag and the price is too high, many of those I could have bought for one or two dollars earlier this year... Cleared the items from the cart.

• Elor said:

Nerevarine said:

I'm not sure why Lightning Deals is being so nice to us - I've never used it before now.

They felt seen by your caring attention, so, of course, they want to see a big smile on your face when a Very Nice Lightning Deal happens.

Or is just some random generator number on a server who only cares about pulling 4 random numbers for you every three hours, not knowing that some numbers are nicer than others.

laugh

Nope, definitely think it's the first option here ;)

This discussion has been closed.