There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Fixmypcmike said:

Blando Calrissian said:

Any last-minute chance that anyone knows what the Daz coupon codes for December were? Daz always changes them to the new month hours before Daz midnight (which is also my midnight).

12_23Save6 and 12_23DAZPLUS 

Thank you so much! You saved my day (year?)
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

What I liked is that the punch card combined well with the lightning sales, i.e a low buy in to get extra amount off, meant most days I was actually spending $1-$2 on at least one item.

Looking at the lightning today, and I presume the punch card is over, because there is a notable increase to an amount that is more than my "oh go on then, i'll buy it" range

The free gifts worked pretty well, it was nice to stuff that I would probably have never actually bought but may come in handy one day

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...I was keeping my punches up for the Wishlist Sale and *poof* they all went away. Instead we get a flat 20% off (30% for buying a new release over 5$, - which usually is at least 13$ or more). When I looked at my wishlist, most items on it are back to full price. So much for that.

Oh, and on Sunday, I remember seeing Advent Calendar squares for both January 1st and 2nd, but apparently that has ended as well.  

Ah well, was nice while it lasted. 

Have a great New Year

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

I got a few nice things from the calendar but in the end, December was a pretty unremarkable sale. I'm glad I didn't keep up the punches, the temptation was definitely there but I'm glad I resisted.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328
    edited January 1

Yeah with the Punch gone that Wishlist Sale does not look as amazing as one might have thought.

It's only good if you wanted some of the newer items from todays artists as these come down to 75%.

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

Yeah, wishlist items I looked at are all more expensive today with the wishlist sale than they were last month without the wishlist sale.

Good news for my bank I guess as that'll be a cheap start to 2024

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited January 1

so no need to buy something to keep punches?

if punches not working or are they?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Agreed! The punch card disappearance was abrupt. Oh well. Time to go play with all the new stuff I got.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

WendyLuvsCatz said:

if punches not working or are they?

They are not working anymore, so no need to buy something to keep them punching the card.

Chris Palomino said that the visual appearing on our cart was a code problem that would be fixed later:

Cris Palomino said:

It's a code issue and can't be fixed atm.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

theflarf said:

Yeah, wishlist items I looked at are all more expensive today with the wishlist sale than they were last month without the wishlist sale.

Good news for my bank I guess as that'll be a cheap start to 2024

Same herre. Since DAZ has chosen to abrutly end the punch cards even though there still is a graphic advertising them in my cart, I have chosen to close my wallet.  

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

I associated both Advent Calendar and the punches with December/Holidays sales, so I didn't expect either to last past the 31st. Though I agree that the last day(s) of punches could have been communicated better (actually, communicated in general, since there was nothing about it).

I'm still happy with December, because my calendar offered me many items that have been lingering on my wishlist for a long time but always losing to something that I wanted more at the time. Even in the calendar, it was sometimes a tough choice between the free and 2.99 item. I didn't buy much beyond that and daily deals, because the offers didn't really rotate much (something I mentioned in a previous post), and nothing in the new releases swayed me enough.

the lack of discount from punches was what I found disappointing as they still display and no announcement it ended, I didn't expect any other deals but the 20% is obviously less than 35% from 3 punches.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the lack of discount from punches was what I found disappointing as they still display and no announcement it ended, I didn't expect any other deals but the 20% is obviously less than 35% from 3 punches.

Yep. Even 30% with a new release is less than 35%. So as I said my wallet is now closed and I am saving 100%. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

I kept my punches up hoping for a big December ending or a big bang to 2024, but neither happened. Yeah, most of the discounts that were in my wishlist are now gone as well, leaving the wishlist discount pretty moot. 20% off just doesn't hack it.   The advent calendar was overall pretty bad for me, stuff I would have never purchased. Oh well. Happy New Year.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

I take it the 20%-30% wish list discount is for only one item?

As only the lowest priced wish list item is discounted.

Mouser said:

As only the lowest priced wish list item is discounted.

No. It applies to all items that were (and still are) on your wishlist prior to 1 January.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Mouser said:

Nope, works with all the wishlist items put in to the cart. 

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 163

daveso said:

I kept my punches up hoping for a big December ending or a big bang to 2024, but neither happened. Yeah, most of the discounts that were in my wishlist are now gone as well, leaving the wishlist discount pretty moot. 20% off just doesn't hack it.   The advent calendar was overall pretty bad for me, stuff I would have never purchased. Oh well. Happy New Year.

Yeah -- I think an  expiration date would have been nice so that we would have known it would not go all the way through the holidays.  Oh, well...

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    RandWulf said:

daveso said:

Yeah -- I think an  expiration date would have been nice so that we would have known it would not go all the way through the holidays.  Oh, well...

I thought they were going to do a new year's day sale with the punches carrying through. Thought maybe the big sale we had waited for was going to be at the start of the year.

XiousDs said:

I thought they were going to do a new year's day sale with the punches carrying through. Thought maybe the big sale we had waited for was going to be at the start of the year.

Me too!

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

XiousDs said:

Yeah, me too, especially since we got some warning when the previous discount system ended, and it even counted double for a couple days.

The word "underwhelming" comes to mind.

I guess my wallet says thanks.

Haha! I find the Lightning Deals with Daz+ are a hazard to my credit card. No decent sale? Here have this stuff at 86% or sometimes up to 94% off. It's possibly even something you really want. Well, for me, it's been pretty darn good. And my $6 coupon is already used because of a particularly tasty Lightning Deal. So, yeah... Site sales disappointing? It's ok. Lightning Deals may fill the gap. Ok, that's not going to make the big spenders happy. It's fine for me, though. smiley

And to my surprise, the Daz+ coupons work on Lightning Deal items. I figured those would be like fast grab items, and they're not. I can only say, "Thanks Daz!"

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 2

Charlie Judge said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Yep. Even 30% with a new release is less than 35%. So as I said my wallet is now closed and I am saving 100%. 

....plus you have to spend more money for the new release to get the extra 10% . Why they put 5$ as the minimum value makes no one of the new items are under 11$. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,096
    edited January 2

Torquinox said:

And to my surprise, the Daz+ coupons work on Lightning Deal items. I figured those would be like fast grab items, and they're not. I can only say, "Thanks Daz!"

Both do laugh The $6 out of $18 is great when a big costly bundle finds its way into Lightning Deals (they usually stay over $18 alone).

kyoto kid said:

Why they put 5$ as the minimum value makes no one of the new items are under 11$. 

For the couple of weekly Daz+ items that are under $5 for Daz+ members (the cheapest is $3.49).

Post edited by Elor on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

Is there a trick to fine tuning what shows up in the Lightning Deals? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

SilverGirl said:

At one point, it was suspected to be based on ones purchase history = If one had 'bought' all the bi-weekly freebies and not much anything else, one was offered similar products (ancient and obsolete) 

is really random for me, I have gotten both awesome offers and meh ones

just look as often as you can

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    Fairly certain it's random DO's you don't already own.
  • PerttiA said:

SilverGirl said:

At one point, it was suspected to be based on ones purchase history = If one had 'bought' all the bi-weekly freebies and not much anything else, one was offered similar products (ancient and obsolete) 

My offers certainly aren't based on my history. Unless the algorithm is "She isn't buying steampunk, fantasy-Egypt, G1/8.1, horror, generation2/3/4, toon, fairy = She needs those."

This discussion has been closed.