There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,896
    edited October 2023

https://www.daz3d.com/warhol-inspired-spot-lighting-for-daz-studio-iray-vol-2

If someone decides to but the Warhol Lights on sale today, make sure to test them.

I had bought them during the PA sale but I found that several thumbnails didn't match the lights they loaded. A thumbnail might show a figure in blue light but load a rig that made my figure look yellow, that kind of thing.

I asked for a refund without putting in a support ticket about these apparent discrepancies, so it's certainly possible that it was user error on my part. Just test the product while you can still return it.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626

HU in case anybody still needs a gift card: Today's "Buy two Debut new releases and get 20% off your entire cart" (except new releases) includes gift cards. So, you can get a decent discount on gift cards

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

Did you submit a ticket to let them know the issue with the thumbnails? If not please do so so they can be fixed.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,896
    I've done that twice in the past with G3 products and was told that you don't fix errors from that era anymore. So, no, i can't be bothered, sorry.
  • If memory serves well, I think that there had been some card updates that may have influenced the colour hues. So if the product does something, just render out a new thumbnail 91 x 91.png to replace the old thumbnail.

• Daz+ sale continues to get worse. More and more complicated, but still inferior to the PA sale, which had better daily specials (headliners vs. door busters) and better prices for almost everything.

Feels like a waste of time giving the sale anything more than a passing glance to see the new releases each day. Maybe I'd have more patience for it if we hadn't just experienced a breath-of-fresh-air month of relatively straightforward sales.

It would have helped if the Daz+ releases were passably interesting, so it'd be worthwhile to use them to unlock better prices for DFAD. But I'm not buying $4 items that I don't want just to bring DFAD down to normal prices.

Tokens should have been discontinued prior to the sale if they're a significant factor in higher baseline prices. I won't have them to use anyway at this rate - the lone cart that I've made was driven by interesting PA releases (WC's Dimetrodon, A&O's Elowen jacket), not the sale.

And actually I'm quite happy with that single cart (new dinosaur!), and not displeased to be keeping the wallet closed most days. It just seems wrong for the flagship sale to be so lackluster is all.
  • When I feel like there's nothing I'm interested in, I uncheck the Hide Purchases box and look at all the cool stuff I've already bought (and sometimes forgotten I've bought), and I'm thankful to save some money. What's boring for me might be exciting for someone else. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626
    edited October 2023

Well, now that most of us have significantly reduced our wishlist and gotten what we need during the PA sale there is a wishlist sale. But it is only an extra 25% off the wishlist items and new releases are excluded.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

Charlie Judge said:

Well, now that most of us have significantly reduced our wishlist and gotten what we need during the PA sale there is a wishlist sale. But it is only an extra 25% off the wishlist items and new releases are exclud 

my wishlist hasnt gone down much. This 25% off puts some of my wishlist items now at 70% off, which WAS my threshold to even buy most stuff, but now with pricing is overall so high, I pretty  much have to raise my threshold accordingly to at least 80%, which if used none of my wishlist items get to that discount.    I way overblew my budget last month with the PA sale, so I need to calm down now for the DAZ+ sale. Most of the new DAZ+ items, including most so far on this sale just don't interest me. Like today, Skuggar, reminds me of another crematorium or something. I can't find 3 DFAD items I'm interested in, and I really don't need another character of any generation. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928
    edited October 2023

..OK which of these us correct expiration date, the one in red lettering at the bottom, or the popup baloon?

token expiration.png
    771 x 377 - 90K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009
    edited October 2023

The red letters say when some of your tokens are expiring, and the balloon tells one of them is expiring in 3 hours.

Sorry... It's still Tuesday at DAZ... blush
    The red text has been wrong before for those west of Daz timexone.

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited October 2023

..so basically from top to bottom they should expire on (at local time on the west coast)

One on Wednesday night at 23:00 

One on Thursday Night at 23:00

Two on Saturday Night at 23:00.

Wish they would list the normal Daz (Mountain) time instead of UTC would make it a lot easier to figure out.

edited October 2023

...never mind, found the answer. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

kyoto kid said:

Wish they would list the normal Daz (Mountain) time instead of UTC would make it a lot easier to figure out.

That would make it even more confusing because they think "Expires on Monday" means something expires the moment Monday starts instead on expiring at the end of Monday,

...well if they used "11:59: MDT/MST on DD/MM/YY" like they do for flash sales, that would be pretty simple. as most people know what that is in their local time zone since it's been a standard at Daz for as long as they've been in business.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

I just got back from vactation so I'm a little lost with the sale, also let my D+ expire while I was away. I thought I'd renew but it's at the full $70, last time I renewed for $42 during some sale and I could swear it was this one. Did I miss the discounts?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,075

AFAIR, the last discount was in August, but was only for people new to Daz+ (or maybe people with no active paid subscription) and it was a bit less than $50.

• OK, so since Monday/Tuesday did not have any incentive for me I might make my last purchase (using my 8 tokens) today or tomorrow and since it will probably be sub-80$ I am finally falling out of the full token discount loop it seems. Actually I am kind of thankful. The token-thing had me quite heavily hooked doing frequent purchases. My wallet won't mind the break I guess.

jd641 said:

I just got back from vactation so I'm a little lost with the sale, also let my D+ expire while I was away. I thought I'd renew but it's at the full $70, last time I renewed for $42 during some sale and I could swear it was this one. Did I miss the discounts?

none yet. My sub expires Nov. 1, so it would be good to get a discount. otherwise, I can wait until one happens if it expires.  

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

daveso said:

jd641 said:

none yet. My sub expires Nov. 1, so it would be good to get a discount. otherwise, I can wait until one happens if it expires.  

Yeah, I can wait for a sale. It just seems weird to me that a sale promoting Daz+ doesn't actually have said product at any sort of discount to entice people to try/renew if they're on the fence about it. Maybe that's all part of that daz logic I don't understand.

jd641 said:

daveso said:

jd641 said:

Yeah, I can wait for a sale. It just seems weird to me that a sale promoting Daz+ doesn't actually have said product at any sort of discount to entice people to try/renew if they're on the fence about it. Maybe that's all part of that daz logic I don't understand.

it is strange there hasn't been one. Maybe DAZ making more money  where its at right now. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,347

Elor said:

AFAIR, the last discount was in August, but was only for people new to Daz+ (or maybe people with no active paid subscription) and it was a bit less than $50.

I renewed in June during the DAZ+ summer sale for 11.75. If I recall there was some stacking discounts going on, but getting a year for that price is very rare. 30% off is the usual discount, and they used to send you an email offering that when you expired, so I am guessing that has stopped now. This is the first year that I remember where there is no discount on membership at all, but then this year has been very different for a number of reasons.

... I have seen changes which has impacted what I spend here.   The June Daz+ sale was a disaster as it was not much different from other monthly sales events here.  This one adds a little more with the Door Buster item and the fact one can purchase a Daz+ item to qualify for the 50¢ price.

Granted in my case, much of this has to do with my lack of interest in moving to G9 which is based on having to "retool" for what seems like an almost "exclusive" figure compared to previous ones.  With G9 also appearing more and more as the means for unlocking discounts in sales, as Daz+ items, and even freebies it's changed my shopping habits..

About the only benefit from it in my case is it has relegated G8 to "legacy" status which means lower prices for G8 content (particularly during sales).  As G8 also had a much longer "shelf life" than previous Genesis generations, far more content for it compared to previous iterations is available.  I'm pretty satisfied with G3 and G8 (which have decent cross compatibility as they use the same basic body mesh) and XTransfer allows me to use G3 morphs, shapes and even use some utilities with G8 so I don't need to buy the same ones over again.

Consequently as G9 has been taking over the store and sales more and more my purchasing has declined and likely will continue to do so save for items like props, vehicles, sets and remaining G8 content I still don't have,

So along with the above (and ever higher prices inmcluding for Daz+ items while Daz+ coupon values haven't changed in years to compensate), I see less and less value in maintaining a membership.

edited October 2023

kyoto kid said:

... I have seen changes which has impacted what I spend here.   The June Daz+ sale was a disaster as it was not much different from other monthly sales events here.  This one adds a little more with the Door Buster item and the fact one can purchase a Daz+ item to qualify for the 50¢ price.

Granted in my case, much of this has to do with my lack of interest in moving to G9 which is based on having to "retool" for what seems like an almost "exclusive" figure compared to previous ones.  With G9 also appearing more and more as the means for unlocking discounts in sales, as Daz+ items, and even freebies it's changed my shopping habits..

About the only benefit from it in my case is it has relegated G8 to "legacy" status which means lower prices for G8 content (particularly during sales).  As G8 also had a much longer "shelf life" than previous Genesis generations, far more content for it compared to previous iterations is available.  I'm pretty satisfied with G3 and G8 (which have decent cross compatibility as they use the same basic body mesh) and XTransfer allows me to use G3 morphs, shapes and even use some utilities with G8 so I don't need to buy the same ones over again.

Consequently as G9 has been taking over the store and sales more and more my purchasing has declined and likely will continue to do so save for items like props, vehicles, sets and remaining G8 content I still don't have,

So along with the above (and ever higher prices inmcluding for Daz+ items while Daz+ coupon values haven't changed in years to compensate), I see less and less value in maintaining a membership.

agree totally. My DAZ+ is up in a couple weeks and I doubt it will get renewed.  The GC discount today about choked me to death ... 5% off for 100-299.99? Customers here must have some deep pockets to jump on that. 

Post edited by daveso on

...yeah lot of deals and sales seem more tailored to those with deep pockets and little for us "starving 3D artists". 

• daveso said:

jd641 said:

daveso said:

jd641 said:

it is strange there hasn't been one. Maybe DAZ making more money  where its at right now. 

Two days ago I had a message/orange banner to rejoin for a year for 40% off ($42)) that said it was ending soon. Ended Daz midnight, last night, so about 2-3 hours before my pay check was direct deposited.

So I will get a quarterly. Or maybe wait 2 weeks until next payday as I am even more unimpressed with this D+ than I was with the first one this year.

...something I noticed today.  Apparently items in the last three sale categories: Latest Release Items 50% off, Vintage Daz Items 60% off, and Classic Items  75% off sales are duplicated in the All Featured Artists Stores  sale at the end of the page    I thought I as experiencing a bit of deja vu at first when it felt like I had seen a number of items from other categories above.  

Interesting. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,862
    edited October 2023

I've got 11 items from the Wondrous Wishlist Items page in my cart, and I'm not seeing any additional discount. Here is the disclaimer:

* Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply.
    Cannot be used to discount items already owned

And my cart:

I've got several PC+ items in my cart, but the text of the sale doesn't exclude them.

edit: I removed the 11th item from my cart, and now I'm getting SOME discount, but it's not discounting the PC+ items, and I haven't done the math to see if they count toward the discount I'm getting off the other items.

cart14OCT2023.png
    870 x 1917 - 325K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 323

Yeah this is a fake wishlist sale lol

• Gordig said:

I've got 11 items from the Wondrous Wishlist Items page in my cart, and I'm not seeing any additional discount. Here is the disclaimer:

* Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply.
    Cannot be used to discount items already owned

And my cart:

I've got several PC+ items in my cart, but the text of the sale doesn't exclude them.

edit: I removed the 11th item from my cart, and now I'm getting SOME discount, but it's not discounting the PC+ items, and I haven't done the math to see if they count toward the discount I'm getting off the other items.

Try taking one out. I think it has to be exactly 8-10.

This discussion has been closed.