There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

kyoto kid said:

...also  the discounts for the Current, Recent, and Classic items sales were reduced  from 50%, 60%, and 70%,respectively  to 30%, 45%, and 60%.

But it is compensated by "PLUS an EXTRA 50% OFF¥* any Non-new Release and their Licenses" if one buys a Debut or Still new release - That was something, which wasn't there before.

"60% OFF Classic Items", one can fill the cart with 90%-97% off items even without having any tokens.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,414

kyoto kid said:

,...this used to be my favourite sale of the year, but making such changes midway through the event that put customers at a disadvantage is a disservice.

Absolutely. 

Why are the Door Busters suddenly exclusive to Daz+ members and cost $1 instead of $0.50? I am a Daz+ member, but it's still irritating.

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

...also  the discounts for the Current, Recent, and Classic items sales were reduced  from 50%, 60%, and 70%,respectively  to 30%, 45%, and 60%.

But it is compensated by "PLUS an EXTRA 50% OFF¥* any Non-new Release and their Licenses" if one buys a Debut or Still new release - That was something, which wasn't there before.

"60% OFF Classic Items", one can fill the cart with 90%-97% off items even without having any tokens.

I completely overlooked that. Unfortunately, they make the sale too complicated again for it to be interesting. We saw that there is another way (i.e. much simpler and better) with the PA Sale.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,075

caravelle said:

Why are the Door Busters suddenly exclusive to Daz+ members and cost $1 instead of $0.50? I am a Daz+ member, but it's still irritating.

They can now be bought alone, so if you're just interested by it, it's cheaper.

If you were planning to buy products that would make the Door Buster $0.50, of course, it's worse than before.

And I think it's exclusive because I remember complaints about the sales not being geared enough toward Daz+ members.

caravelle said:

Unfortunately, they make the sale too complicated again for it to be interesting. We saw that there is another way (i.e. much simpler and better) with the PA Sale.

It's just the Golden Ticket system (without the lasting effect which was nice to have): buy a item among a selection of new items, get discount on older items.

caravelle said:

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

I completely overlooked that. Unfortunately, they make the sale too complicated again for it to be interesting. We saw that there is another way (i.e. much simpler and better) with the PA Sale.

Throw stuff in the cart and see what kind of discounts they get, that is what I do and if the discount is not good enough, There's always another day and another sale. 

Elor said:

caravelle said:

They can now be bought alone, so if you're just interested by it, it's cheaper.

If you were planning to buy products that would make the Door Buster $0.50, of course, it's worse than before.

And I think it's exclusive because I remember complaints about the sales not being geared enough toward Daz+ members.

caravelle said:

Unfortunately, they make the sale too complicated again for it to be interesting. We saw that there is another way (i.e. much simpler and better) with the PA Sale.

It's just the Golden Ticket system (without the lasting effect which was nice to have): buy a item among a selection of new items, get discount on older items.

You may be right, but I don't want to get as deep into a sale as is becoming necessary here. I used to buy a debut product (very often Daz+) and then got the Door Buster for $0.50. Plus a higher discount.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

... if one buys a Debut or Still new release ...

For some people - like me - the incentive to buy items one doesn't need or doesn't want to use - aka G9 - is too low to spend money on them to reduce other prices of items one doesn't need or want - aka not wishlisted ones or not reduced in price enough even with the deal - so this change in the deal helps to keep my wallet happy...

Or in other words: with D+FAD items getting down to $ 1.49 or even "only" $ 1.99 the "okay, I don't need it, but it's cheap enough to still buy if.." factor has been taken away for me and that was about the only deal I spent money on during the sale until now...

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

The only way you can get 90% is with a DO item with the increased discount, and that's the max discount... How are you getting 97%?

edited October 2023

mtl1 said:

PerttiA said:

The only way you can get 90% is with a DO item with the increased discount, and that's the max discount... How are you getting 97%?

There are even products listed at 98% off, DO items get better discount as Daz+ members get extra 30% off for them, so I always start checking with DO products on the offer that's giving the biggest discount 

Edit, just a sample of a cart attached, no tokens applied
    Four items for $4.37 at 94% off for the whole cart

SampleCart.JPG
    959 x 731 - 94K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

PerttiA said:

mtl1 said:

PerttiA said:

There are even products listed at 98% off, DO items get better discount as Daz+ members get extra 30% off for them, so I always start checking with DO products on the offer that's giving the biggest discount 

but i wouldnt buy that older stuff. My cutoff is G8 and maybe G3. For props etc, only Iray. That changes up stuff quite a bit.  

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

PerttiA said:

mtl1 said:

PerttiA said:

Oh I see, you're using PC+/DAZ+ items...

mtl1 said:

PerttiA said:

mtl1 said:

PerttiA said:

Oh I see, you're using PC+/DAZ+ items...

Whatever gets the best discounts. 

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

mtl1 said:

PerttiA said:

but i wouldnt buy that older stuff. My cutoff is G8 and maybe G3. For props etc, only Iray. That changes up stuff quite a bit. 

It's a completely diffrerent mindset. He's buying stuff just to get deeper discounts it seems, it's a very different approach to how I decide what to buy. Do I want it? Will I use it? The answer has to be yes to both before I ask myself how many times will I use the product and how long will it stay relevant in my renders. I've always had the thought that buying too much stuff from DAZ/Rendo/CGbytes/etc is like those houses filled with stuff that people never clean and you can't walk in them because there's so much stuff everywhere. "Why do you have a 5 ft pile of plastic cups that look like feet?" "Because they were cheap". I'm even having a problem deciding if buying that 1 dollar door buster hair is worth it or not because I'm not sure if I'd use it in my renders.

jd641 said:

daveso said:

It's a completely diffrerent mindset. He's buying stuff just to get deeper discounts it seems, it's a very different approach to how I decide what to buy. Do I want it? Will I use it? The answer has to be yes to both before I ask myself how many times will I use the product and how long will it stay relevant in my renders. I've always had the thought that buying too much stuff from DAZ/Rendo/CGbytes/etc is like those houses filled with stuff that people never clean and you can't walk in them because there's so much stuff everywhere. "Why do you have a 5 ft pile of plastic cups that look like feet?" "Because they were cheap". I'm even having a problem deciding if buying that 1 dollar door buster hair is worth it or not because I'm not sure if I'd use it in my renders.

No, I buy stuff I like when the price falls below certain threshold, I too prefer G8/G3/Iray era, but when its structures/props I can convert something that cost only $0.40 (or $0.24 with tokens). and sometimes I even buy V4/G1/G2 clothing just because one can't find similar style for the newer generations, but I require them to be cheap as in below $1 and better than 90% off.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

PerttiA said:

jd641 said:

daveso said:

No, I buy stuff I like when the price falls below certain threshold, I too prefer G8/G3/Iray era, but when its structures/props I can convert something that cost only $0.40 (or $0.24 with tokens). and sometimes I even buy V4/G1/G2 clothing just because one can't find similar style for the newer generations, but I require them to be cheap as in below $1 and better than 90% off.

I'm very, very stingy, I may like something but if I don't know if it will be of any use I pass on it even if it initially gets a "Oh wow this is amazing" from me. I've probably missed out on a few good products but I've passed on free stuff because I don't think I'd have a use for something. My financial situation is also horrible so if I want something or not I usually can't afford it. hahah

edited October 2023

Since joining Daz+ last December, I have seen a LOT of expensive items on sale between 90-99% off in the cart, one just needs to wait some more and one can get them at the price one is willing to pay.

When they had the first wishlist discount, I started throwing in the items I would buy if I got them at really good discount, and now I just check the different offers for items on my wishlist, if there's a wishlist discount at the same time, all the better.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,896
    edited October 2023
    Why's it say "build your own daz+ for a day"? Which part of today's sale is that referring to?
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • Hylas said:

Why's it say "build your own daz+ for a day"? Which part of today's sale is that referring to?

I was wondering the same thing. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

PerttiA said:

Since joining Daz+ last December, I have seen a LOT of expensive items on sale between 90-99% off in the cart, one just needs to wait some more and one can get them at the price one is willing to pay.

When they had the first wishlist discount, I started throwing in the items I would buy if I got them at really good discount, and now I just check the different offers for items on my wishlist, if there's a wishlist discount at the same time, all the better.

But have you ever rendered any of that stuff? Post a render and show off what you can do with that old stuff. Inspire us! Do you have a gallery?

• colcurvecolcurve Posts: 150

Regarding old stuff, I wonder do we have a good integration with stable diffusion so we could use old items render as control net information, like e.g. the depth pass or line render? I assume one could create great use of old items with this technology, but I did not follow the developments recently and do not know if there is any integration of Daz and stable diffusion. Do we have any?

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

I've not minded the change to buster item to $1 

Simply because I didn't buy most of them for 0.5 previously, only a couple bought, because I don't fancy stuff from the selection to make it cheaper

Now I can ignore the even more expensive "make it chaper" section and just buy 1 thing for $1 if i want it.

-

But overall the sale is a bit 'meh' isn't it 

PerttiA said:

But they don't, when you have to get stuff you don't need/want... for me the price for those Items in your cart would have to been adjusted for the two unwanted G9 items I would have had to buy... in that example, they would cost ($ 1.- + $ 2.44 =) $ 3.44/2 = $ 1.72 more each, pushing them out of the "under $ 1.-" and the "90% off" range... wink

I use that "don't get what you don't want or won't ever use" rule even for free stuff btw...

theflarf said:

It competes with "March Meh-ness" about the title of "uninspiring sale of the year" for me... I can see it being interesting for new users with smaller runtimes and deeper wallets, but for those of us that can look back some years it can't compete with the sales of old... sad

maikdecker said:

PerttiA said:

But they don't, when you have to get stuff you don't need/want... for me the price for those Items in your cart would have to been adjusted for the two unwanted G9 items I would have had to buy... in that example, they would cost ($ 1.- + $ 2.44 =) $ 3.44/2 = $ 1.72 more each, pushing them out of the "under $ 1.-" and the "90% off" range... wink

I use that "don't get what you don't want or won't ever use" rule even for free stuff btw...

That was just a sample cart to show the discount %. If I had been collecting a real cart to buy, there would have been 80-100 items for $60 at 95% off

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905

sazzyazzca said:

Hylas said:

I was wondering the same thing. 

I couldn't find anything.  Maybe there was something planned and then pulled without the ad's verbiage being changed... something that's not all that inconceivable with how sloppily planned the marketing is run these days... but as it stands, it seems to be completely unsubstantiated.

maikdecker said:

theflarf said:

It competes with "March Meh-ness" about the title of "uninspiring sale of the year" for me... I can see it being interesting for new users with smaller runtimes and deeper wallets, but for those of us that can look back some years it can't compete with the sales of old... sad

Yeah, I'm sure some bean counter at DAZ is happy at generating a tiny bit of revenue on all the same old bundles that they've been given away on every single promotion for the past five years, but as a sales incentive to an established customer, it's a bit of a joke.  The only reason the sale has worked for me is that I'm buying the DAZ+ for a Day products that I want and generally hoarding my Tokens on the days when there's nothing spectacular, then buying everything out of the back sale ads on the days that there is something nice, allowing me to keep up a constant reserve of 8 tokens for that +40% discount.  Honestly, if it wasn't for the Tokens, I'd probably have cut my spending at DAZ to a fourth of what it used to be.     

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

maikdecker said:

PerttiA said:

the only reason i grab 90% plus of free item is to get them out of the store so I dont keep seeing them. Is there a way to hide specific items. and they stay hidden? 

daveso said:

maikdecker said:

PerttiA said:

the only reason i grab 90% plus of free item is to get them out of the store so I dont keep seeing them. Is there a way to hide specific items. and they stay hidden? 

I do the same thing, as well as with bundles that I already own all the items in whenever they're free or DAZ is running the "pay for only what you own" promotions.  I'm sure that it throws DAZ's marketing analytics all to hell for me to "buy" starter bundles even though I own the Pro Bundle for the same product, but at least I don't have to look at hundreds of totally redundant products.  That said, the DAZ Deals apps CAN hide individual products if you want to manually go through and hide things, but there's no guarantee that that will always work given that everytime the store does a major reboot, it takes a while for everything else to catch up.  I learned that lesson the hard way back when DAZ had a vendor selling, in the DAZ store, mind you, a very nice asset cataloging program that wasn't cheap.  All it took was DAZ changing the store around and, boom, suddenly it didn't work anymore, and I've had enough similar experiences with other third party products for various stores/sites over the years that I'm loathe to spend a bunch of time manually updating any database that's at the whim of a web designer with a bug up their posterior.  

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,154

I either wish-list stuff I might want or put a price notification on it. (DAZ Deal add on.) Then I sort wish list only, so I don't have to looks through hundreds of stuff I'm not interested in.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928
    edited October 2023

maikdecker said:

theflarf said:

...on one of the sales promotions, more than half of the items featured on the "carousel" display had the little "cloud" icon which indicates I already have them.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.