There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,862

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Try taking one out. I think it has to be exactly 8-10.

I tried that. I get a discount on the non-PC+ items, so I took a closer look, and there aren't that many PC+ items in the selection, and I'm guessing they were added by mistake.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

I need to move onto an external hard disk, because I've filled the biggest internal second HDD I can get for my laptop (already uninstalled all the Female characters/clothes below G8F - and I don't buy much Female stuff). I can't install allot of the recent stuff I have bought as there is no space, so that expense and the lack of a REALLY good GC discount has me stop buying. I need a good GC sale before the PC+ membership goes on sale this month so I can renew that.

So Daz3D is a victim of its own success - we keep having to upgrade hardware with the money we would have used to buy content.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928

...yeah I clicked on the link expecting my wishlist to pop up but instead is was a more of  a general sale of recent popular items (a large portion of which are G9 which I'd never have on my wishlist to begin with).  Also many of the items are fairly expensive averaging around 25$.or more (before the discount and save for DOs).  On top of that and to get an extra 20% discount on top of that you need to purchase a new item over 5$ which means Daz+ items don't count.

Think I may pass on this one.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,414

In the 'TOP 1000 WISHLIST ITEMS' I only see stuff that may be from someone's wishlists, but not mine. All at really 'amazing' prices. There is no discount for items from my own Wishlist unless they happen to be on that list. No thanks.

...OK I went through all 10 pages and did find a few items from my wishlist in the sale .so in the cart they went.  Agreed the savings were pretty good particularly with the Daz+ PA coupon (need to use those before they expire) and 6 tokens to throw in.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,075
    edited October 2023

kyoto kid said:

On top of that and to get an extra 20% discount on top of that you need to purchase a new item over 5$ which means Daz+ items don't count.

You may already did some test on your own since your take advantage of the offer, but they are ~15 new Daz+ items over $5 currently available (and ~2/3 are not Genesis 9 items but environnements, props or shaders).

I just added Freja 9 costliest bundle to my cart (because it's the first item on the 1000 items list). It's current price is $150.03 and in the cart, without other new items over $5 in it, it's now cost $75.02. Adding the first non Genesis 9 Daz+ item, and the Freja 9 bundle price is now $60.02, which is a 20 % discount from $75.02.

Daz+ items do count if their base price is over $5 (on the second screenshot, the Daz+ item discounted price is lower because the Door Buster is already in the cart).

freja_9_1.jpg
    605 x 175 - 18K
    freja_9_2.jpg
    611 x 339 - 34K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • Sales are becoming more and more complex. So, I relate to items and their visible discount. Just maybe add some tokens. I bought a lot of stuff in summer and September, but now I rarely find stuff that I need. I didn't jump on the G9 train so far, as my main application is now Blender and I have a workflow with G8 established. Regarding buildings and devices, I already got a lot of good stuff (Stonemason, Faveral, Fugazzi and others). I still have some items in my wishlist, but I have to check, if I need them, before I buy them, as I haven't seen any discount displayed on them.
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,414

kyoto kid said:

...OK I went through all 10 pages and did find a few items from my wishlist in the sale .so in the cart they went.  Agreed the savings were pretty good particularly with the Daz+ PA coupon (need to use those before they expire) and 6 tokens to throw in.

Then maybe I should make a second attempt....

• This seems to be one of those sales where many of the same items come up day after day at the same discount.

• Top of today's sale page: It's a whole different sale STARTING TODAY!

Only differences I can see are that the categories at the bottom of the page have been renamed, & most discounts are smaller - especially for nonmembers. Even the members only Doorbuster has doubled in price. Perhaps to offset any loss of revenue from the 30% off membership offer? That isn't a great bargain since it has recently been 40% off with an orange banner.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

It IS a whole different sale than before, the discounts are way better than before. 

Being annual Daz+ sale, it's natural that Daz+ members get better deals.

The discount mechanism is simpler: now, Debut and Still New items are all you need to get discounts. Before you needed the Door Buster, which mean buying either a Debut New Item or 3 Daz+ For a Day items (which were cheaper if you bought them with a Debut New Item).

And while the Door Buster cost twice as much, you can buy it alone now: if you only want that item, it's $ 1 instead of $ 3-4 with the new Daz+ item if you wanted the cheapest option.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506
    PerttiA said:

It IS a whole different sale than before, the discounts are way better than before. 

I don't think it's necessarily better. The category pricing is worse, and the DAZ+ items end BYOB categories are completely gone.
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,347

PerttiA said:

I would say the deals are different rather than way better. You can get new releases cheaper than before, so that at least is good, and the older stuff discounts (ie Genesis 3 and earlier) are now 80% for PA and 90% for DO (as long as you are also buying something new), which is better than before, but worse than last month (although I hardily expect a repeat of the crazy discounts of the PA sale).

Unfortunately these gains are offset by the DAZ+ for a day deals getting worse. They no longer stack with tokens or door buster discounts, nor the 50% DO, meaning DO DAZ+ deals are far worse than before, all being 2.49 rather than 1.24 or less with the door buster and/or tokens. Since most of my money so far has gone of DAZ+ for a day items, then I am probably worse off with the new scheme.

At least you only need to buy 1 DAZ+ item in the older categories to get them really cheap (80 cents or 40 cents), rather than five like before, but for long timers like me there is very little in there I don't already own. 

• If you already have Daz+ does buying now just extend it a year, or it is a new subscription?  They have it at 30% off which is why I am asking.

diogenese19348 said:

If you already have Daz+ does buying now just extend it a year, or it is a new subscription?  They have it at 30% off which is why I am asking.

It will extend the current membership by one year. 

• Thanks, that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure.  Might as well get it while it is discounted ;)

Isn't the 30% discount only supposed to be available to people who are not Daz+ members ?

edited October 2023

Elor said:

Isn't the 30% discount only supposed to be available to people who are not Daz+ members ?

As there is no small print to that effect, current Daz+ members can take advantage as well.

I'm still good until end of March, so I can wait for better offers.
    Last time I paid $29.40 for a year.

Edit, just tried and it even takes tokens, with 8 that comes down to $29.40... Hmm...

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

PerttiA said:

You think better? I felt just the opposite. Before 85% or higher.  off now the highest I get is 82% , other than DFAD, which is the same. 

PerttiA said:

Elor said:

As there is no small print to that effect, current Daz+ members can take advantage as well.

I'm still good until end of March, so I can wait for better offers.
    Last time I paid $29.40 for a year.

Edit, just tried and it even takes tokens, with 8 that comes down to $29.40... Hmm...

i cancelled my DAZ+ a bit too early, the 30% off coupon I got no longer works. In the past, I used the DAZ+ sale discout plus the renew coupon to get a better deal, but perhaps they do not stack this year ... Anyway, my membership ends on the 31st, and that appears will be it.  As Jack always says, see you soon. The incentive for me to renew has been declining for a long time. The overall pricing has now pretty much put me out of business here, although the last PA sale was pretty low so I caught up on a lot I passed on before because of price. 

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

You think better? I felt just the opposite. Before 85% or higher.  off now the highest I get is 82% , other than DFAD, which is the same. 

I'm just looking at the average price per item in my cart and the discount % for the whole cart

Current cart $20.04, using just 2 tokens (as I get 2 back) has 20 items at 93% off - 8 tokens would take it down to $14.26 at 95% off and the cart has one Item more expensive than I would normally buy, the English Village.
    The numbers are just better than what has been possible previously on this sale.

edited October 2023

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I'm just looking at the average price per item in my cart and the discount % for the whole cart

Current cart $20.04, using just 2 tokens (as I get 2 back) has 20 items at 93% off - 8 tokens would take it down to $14.26 at 95% off and the cart has one Item more expensive than I would normally buy, the English Village.
    The numbers are just better than what has been possible previously on this sale.

not if you have 0 tokens or coupons. Also depending on what you want to buy.  I have been passing on most of the new DAZ+ items as well as they hold no interest to me. Newer items with 30% off I'm not paying that much for them. Older DAZ+ items I already have everything I intend to buy, I have so much of them. I guess you could say I'm shopped out here overall. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

Havos said:

PerttiA said:

I would say the deals are different rather than way better. You can get new releases cheaper than before, so that at least is good, and the older stuff discounts (ie Genesis 3 and earlier) are now 80% for PA and 90% for DO (as long as you are also buying something new), which is better than before, but worse than last month (although I hardily expect a repeat of the crazy discounts of the PA sale).

Unfortunately these gains are offset by the DAZ+ for a day deals getting worse. They no longer stack with tokens or door buster discounts, nor the 50% DO, meaning DO DAZ+ deals are far worse than before, all being 2.49 rather than 1.24 or less with the door buster and/or tokens. Since most of my money so far has gone of DAZ+ for a day items, then I am probably worse off with the new scheme.

At least you only need to buy 1 DAZ+ item in the older categories to get them really cheap (80 cents or 40 cents), rather than five like before, but for long timers like me there is very little in there I don't already own. 

I'm in the same boat -- the majority of my purchases have been impulse buys from D+FAD items because I'm really purchased out in terms of what I need.

• PerttiA said:

...Being annual Daz+ sale, it's natural that Daz+ members get better deals.

I know that. Except for the Door Buster, I was talking about pricing for nonmembers. The discounts offered just yesterday on the bottom of the page categories were bigger for nonmembers than for today's similar categories. So different =/= better for me.

As for D+ member pricing, a few are about the same, or a tiny bit better (I hadn't noticed the other, positive change to Door Buster), but most seem worse. Even the 30% off an annual D+ membership is - not great, since 40% off is still a common offer. So, I am much less interested in rejoining than I was yesterday or last week.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

Wow, the sale just got a whole lot worse! We can't use tokens anymore on the Daz + for a day items and all the prices for everything else went way up! I have a bunch of tokens now but nothing to use them on. I'm really cutting down on the Daz+ for a day items because what used to be close to a dollar are now stuck at $2.49. I could get 10 items for the same price as three items now. Ugh.

,...this used to be my favourite sale of the year, but making such changes midway through the event that put customers at a disadvantage is a disservice.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,143
    I didn't think I'd be seeing Dain again in G9. I liked the G8M version, but I prefer this new one's bundle (except for that motorcycle).
  • ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 331
    edited October 2023

Daz+ items with a new release buy-in seem way better priced. I used up the last of my tokens to hoover up a bunch of them last night - 50% off those items on top of the base discount is nice. It was about $35 for 70 items with a $9 buy-in and 6 tokens, mostly picking up classic items that I'll take a punt on being useful with new shaders applied (28c each, typically). But that's me shopped out of Daz+ items now and everything else is a lot more expensive than it was a few days ago. No reason to touch the Daz for a day items now and no incentive to buy anything else new with the base discounts on the other categories watered down. Without tokens, not appealing in the slightest  I love tokens when I have them, but I won't chase them in the hope of something coming up that I could use. If they want to incentivise the memberships, 8 tokens to start the month would be far more interesting. My monthly discounts will now be used to pick up a free item where I can, but I can see the $18 buy-in one going unused. I've also found I get more for less by ignoring the gift card buy-ins because I'm just not spending enough to justify banking an extra 5 or 10%.

On the other hand, I guess it is supposed to be the Daz+ sale and there are some good deals to be had. Just nothing left for me to buy, so I'm out.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
    edited October 2023

...also  the discounts for the Current, Recent, and Classic items sales were reduced  from 50%, 60%, and 70%,respectively  to 30%, 45%, and 60%.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.