There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited April 14

daveso said:

true on the release here. I know I love the work of mal3Imagery but the price of the modern military uniform, as great as it is,  just prohibits me from puchasing it. Regular price is now $143. Wow. Kitbash is $200 per kit

Perhaps Mal3 is accounting for the work involved in making the products and an expectation of lower sales than for female skimpwear. That bundle is likely to be on sale here for a reasonable price at some point - Might not be cheap - maybe it shouldn't be - It should be more affordable (when it's on sale). It is the way of this site. As you well know, it sometimes requires patience.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159

As I said at the middle of last page, I bought the Ameircana set from Kitbash3D, but converting them into useable assets in DAZ is tedious. If there were similar assets native to DAZ I'd be over the moon. And wouldn't have to be the whole kit and kaboodle at once, but could be bit by bit. A store here, a house there. I'm especially interested in exteriors. DAZ store has several diner, candy store, cafe, etc. interiors, but few of them have exteriors, even fewer nice ones.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

lou_harper said:

As I said at the middle of last page, I bought the Ameircana set from Kitbash3D, but converting them into useable assets in DAZ is tedious. If there were similar assets native to DAZ I'd be over the moon. And wouldn't have to be the whole kit and kaboodle at once, but could be bit by bit. A store here, a house there. I'm especially interested in exteriors. DAZ store has several diner, candy store, cafe, etc. interiors, but few of them have exteriors, even fewer nice ones.

What format do they arrive in? DAZ imports quite a few, but texture application not that fun to do? Aren't they pretty large as well physically? 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited April 14

daveso said:

lou_harper said:

What format do they arrive in? DAZ imports quite a few, but texture application not that fun to do? Aren't they pretty large as well physically? 

You can get them in obj format which is importable to DS. BUT the problem is that it is one big obj with no individual props and you have to seperate the parts for it to be useable. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159

daveso said:

lou_harper said:

They have this software called Cargo and through that you can one-click import an asset into Blender. And there is a process to export them from Blender as an FBX, which then you have to import into DAZ. You add the textures in DAZ. The files are well named so it's not hard but tedious. And I'm not crazy about most of the textures. Files size are not big, but then nothing seems to be rigged. Windows, doors don't open. Iirc, somewhat big physically but you can change the size % when exporting it from Blender.

lou_harper said:

daveso said:

lou_harper said:

They have this software called Cargo and through that you can one-click import an asset into Blender. And there is a process to export them from Blender as an FBX, which then you have to import into DAZ. You add the textures in DAZ. The files are well named so it's not hard but tedious. And I'm not crazy about most of the textures. Files size are not big, but then nothing seems to be rigged. Windows, doors don't open. Iirc, somewhat big physically but you can change the size % when exporting it from Blender.

yeah, seems like a pain.  

edited April 14

HU: The BONUS20 coupon also applies to gift cards for a 20% discount and if you include both Avatar bundles  you can get an extra 10% for a total discount of 28%.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited April 14

Charlie Judge said:

HU: The BONUS20 coupon also applies to gift cards for a 20% discount and if you include both Avatar bundles  you can get an extra 10% for a total discount of 28%.

That's a very good discount. I was tempted to use this new coupon code. But I already refilled my store credit for a hefty sum with the 20% discount on gift cards we got few days ago.

P. S. I stand myself corrected. In the end, I've bought another $500 gift card with this newer coupon code and I've got the double avatars products for free in the process. Temptations, temptations...

Post edited by Jumbotron on

A $500 gift card? I can see DAZ is no longer for me..why the sales don't ring right to open my wallet. I think the largest I've ever purchased has been $100. Just checked and I've only purchased 7 GC total ever. I'm a low spender I guess. 

I can only say, these are not the sales I'm looking for. I do find it odd that Sveva brought texture products that require RPub outfits in order to work. Even so, I like Sveva's work!

edited April 15

It's worth noting, these new vendors seem to already have products on Daz store - At least products they worked on. And their Rendo stores are apparently not closing. I hope it works out well for all of them!

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,852
    I bought two Fabiana products I didn't already own. I was upset that in spite of DIM indicating that they had metadata, it was not useful metadata. It didn't create any categories, comptibilities, types, etc. Every single thing was dumped into Lost and Found. I think I'm done buying transferred products, if Daz can't even bother to create real metadata for them.

barbult said:

I bought two Fabiana products I didn't already own. I was upset that in spite of DIM indicating that they had metadata, it was not useful metadata. It didn't create any categories, comptibilities, types, etc. Every single thing was dumped into Lost and Found. I think I'm done buying transferred products, if Daz can't even bother to create real metadata for them.

I have a lot of products in the lost and found bin. Its a pain.  

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

"discount does not stack with other offers."  My fav part of Daz 2024 so far.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723
    edited April 15

4-hour flash sale up on the tiles.

Requires a buy in, so I'm out, but maybe someone else will be glad for it.

edit: the 60% off requires a buy in. 50% off can be had normally

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84

daveso said:

A $500 gift card? I can see DAZ is no longer for me..why the sales don't ring right to open my wallet. I think the largest I've ever purchased has been $100. Just checked and I've only purchased 7 GC total ever. I'm a low spender I guess. 

You can also look at it the other way around. I spend too much, probably. And since that's my reality, it makes sense for me to go for the big budget cards, to make the most out of my investment.

With that said, I haven't spent nearly as much as of lately as I spent during March.

Jumbotron said:

daveso said:

You can also look at it the other way around. I spend too much, probably. And since that's my reality, it makes sense for me to go for the big budget cards, to make the most out of my investment.

With that said, I haven't spent nearly as much as of lately as I spent during March.

what you're saying is solid. If I could afford to blast off $500 at once I would. Suppose I could try to save it, but saving rarely works for me. The way DAZ sales are now with hardly any stacking, at least your would get an additonal 20% off or whatever. A great way to save on some products for sure.  

Hmm, interesting. The new flash sale is advertised as Genesis 8 and 8.1 but nearly all the figures are Genesis 9.

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 507
    edited April 15

Charlie Judge said:

Hmm, interesting. The new flash sale is advertised as Genesis 8 and 8.1 but nearly all the figures are Genesis 9.

Genesis 9: 156
    Genesis 8.1: 24
    Genesis 8: 22
    Genesis 3: 4
    Victoria 4: 1 (it's the Vicki 4.2 base)

Post edited by Blando Calrissian on

Blando Calrissian said:

Charlie Judge said:

Genesis 9: 156
    Genesis 8.1: 24
    Genesis 8: 22
    Genesis 3: 4
    Victoria 4: 1 (it's the Vicki 4.2 base)

The selection has changed. It looks like it really was supposed to be Genesis 8 & 8.1 instead of a mistake on the banner. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

Having the sale split into two pages (welcome artist on one, regular on the other page) has been a HUGE improvement for navigation. Thank you to whomever made that call.

• NathraiNathrai Posts: 67

Does the Wishlist sale work correctly for anybody?

I've tried with a few items I put into my wishlist during March Madness that no longer have the "new" flag (a requirement still not listed in the sale description) - but for me it only works with items that have been in my wishlist for a couple of years.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

It looks like I'm not making any purchases today either, even though I was planning on making a $20 purchase for the tokens... The discounts are just not there.
    Yesterday's "Stonemason, Outoftouch & Linday" had potential, but in the end the offers didn't work as promised.

On the positive side, I get to save 100% of my store credit smiley

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289
    edited April 16

This month felt like a huge downslide in Daz store's appeal to me. Which, in theory, is good for my money, as I should be limiting my expenses at the moment, but isn't good from the perspective of a company that is trying to convince me to part with said money.

It isn't about the discounts. I knew that after March Madness they'd fall to the regular sales levels, so I wasn't expecting any crazy good deals and was actually prepared that I'd be spending more.

It's about other things that happened in the last two weeks:

- Introduction of the AI seems to have messed up the gallery. Before AI, my settings were the default when opening the gallery page. Now, every time I visit, I have to reset the setting to exclude any and all AI from being displayed and set it to "new" instead of trending.  Needless to say, I haven't visited the gallery much since then, because it became annoying. I also have no desire to post anything there anymore. The gallery was an important part of my purchasing decisions: checking out what can be done with specific products and so on. Many products, even some older ones, ended up on my wishlist and in my cart because of what I saw in the gallery. Now, since I don't visit the gallery anymore, it does not encourage me to spend more which, an educated guess here, should be the store's goal.

- I actually discovered an AI-created (or at least heavily processed) image in an older (Oct 2023) product that was on my wishlist which somewhat shattered my trust in that product and made me more suspicious toward all products shown and less willing to do spontaneous purchases (which, again, is good for business). When I look at promo pictures, I want to see what can be done with the product in Daz Studio (postwork included), not how AI intreprets the product. I can live with Daz offering AI—I'll simply ignore it as I ignored the NFTs section, but when AI spills into the actual 3d model products that Daz offers, then it's a huge turndown to me.

- The mess of introducing new vendors migrating from other sites and devaluation of the quality of the store as a whole. I'm sure the new vendors have many wonderful products, but the way they're introduced here makes them entirely unappealing. First of all, they aren't added in any particular order which means the vendor's page might feature G3 and G8 first, and only G9 later. With the way Daz is set up by product number and chronologically, I don't feel like scrolling through G3 (which I don't use as I joined Daz in the G8 era) to see if that's all they offer or maybe there's G8 or G9 there. Then, there's lack of following naming conventions common in Daz that make it hard to figure out what the item is or what generation it is for. The last thing are the promo pictures which feel just not up to the standards that Daz got me used to. They look like they'd been made with minimum effort and at least 10 years ago. Visuals is what sells the product, and it's also the reason why I stick to shopping at Daz. Other sites have often sub-par product images (looking at you Rendo) or messed up ratio in displays (3dShards) which makes them look unappealing and unprofessional to me. Now, with the way Daz rushed in the new vendors, it feels like the standards here dropped. It hurts both the store and the vendors, because the way their products are presented makes them look like they're of less quality in comparison to other vendors. They say "don't judge the book by its cover", but everyone does, and the same applies to the 3d models sold.

These are all the things that affect the impression of the website and the store, and as a result, they affect the customer mood. The less friendly and appealing the store comes across, the less likely it's going to encourage people to buy (there's a reason I haven't made a single purchase at places like Rendo and Shards). And now, from my perspective, Daz seems to be going this way too which means that even crazy discounts in the future might not be enough to convince customers like me to buy.
    Example? Last weekend I had a Daz+ item in the cart. I also had two soon-to-expire tokens, and there was a code for 20% off three items. And yet, I emptied the cart and let the coupon go to waste and the tokens expire, because of the non-price factors weighing in. A month ago, I'd have bought that item without blinking twice, even without the coupon and the tokens. Now I'm just in that mood that makes me think, "is this place going to [we know what]?" and that's not encouraging the enthusiastic spending approach of "I don't care that I have to save up money or whether I really need it, it's only X bucks and I'm getting it." which might not be good for our wallets, but is definitely good for the store's longevity and income.

So, please, Daz, work hard at keeping your standards. It's what keeps your loyal customers around in especially difficult and unstable times like this.

Post edited by joanna on

this might be the first purchase of April for me, actually since 23 March. Anax For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D 

I haven't purchased anything since 4/1. Not planned, not proud of that, not especially pleased - It just is that way. Seems like nothing super attractive going on 'til the next major event. Also, still playing with toys already purchased. angel

@Joanna I understand and agree with some of your points. The gallery here has never been to my taste - It does not offer many of the features I like to see in a gallery. I never wanted to join and I rarely look in it. I suspect the ads fracas has also had an effect, though I've no way to gauge the extent of that.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Note Daz+ members, the stuff the new PA's have brought over is not tagged New, so the "$6 off $18" coupon works on them.

PerttiA said:

Note Daz+ members, the stuff the new PA's have brought over is not tagged New, so the "$6 off $18" coupon works on them.

yes, Inoticed that... helps a lot ... plus you could get a free $6 item if you wanted to. Lully has a bunch for $5.98 

• NathraiNathrai Posts: 67

Totally with you, Joanna!

When after like a decade I decided to get caught in the money sink again return to rendering, there were a few factors that made me decide on Daz as my main source. The high compatibility with DS (of course, doh), the well-kept smart content categorisation and the overall quality of the products were the main factor.

Having to sift through pages upon pages of unsorted products (sometimes with the DS/P products pages apart from each other), stumbling upon "read more in the editorial tab" messages (thus missing out on the additional information) and being confronted with product icons displaying only unreadable cutouts of text instead of an actual product image have kept me from spending as much as I could have.

Luckily, I've purchased from some of the vendors before, so I'm fairly confident the products themselves are still great - but the way they are presented right now is definitely working against them.

(Not getting into the AI topic, wouldn't want to chew anyones ears off wink)

Mh, sadly ... whatever went wrong with the wishlist sale, it seems it won't be fixed. So my wallet will enjoy another day for recovery.

This discussion has been closed.