There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• DripDrip Posts: 1,182

Tomhip said:

Valkyrie is a weird PA to add at this stage, most of their work seems to be "In Style" series of recolors, which do look amazing but they almost all seem to be for products you have to buy elswere.

Unless ofc the welcome series will run much longer :P

Valkyrie did make some nice figures and morphs in the past (at least for those who like sexy female figures). In addition to that, not all the retextures have been linked properly to their parent product yet, like the one for the Starbright II dress by Lilflame, which also moved to the Daz store now.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

The vendors who have come here brought a lot of products, but their Rendo stores are still open and they have products there that they did not bring over. At least that's what I'm seeing. The most recent arrivals seem to still have overlap of products between both stores. It's odd. This had to be a coordinated move. It's an interesting development.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Torquinox said:

The vendors who have come here brought a lot of products, but their Rendo stores are still open and they have products there that they did not bring over. At least that's what I'm seeing. The most recent arrivals seem to still have overlap of products between both stores. It's odd. This had to be a coordinated move. It's an interesting development.

a real PITA though. I dont have to go to the other store to look at my purchases to see if I bought something or not. Another question I have, what's up at the R store that so many top vendors are moving here. or partially anyway.  

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159

Since I have no use for skimpware, not buying any more G8 figures, and only need so many hair products, so far Fabiana's stuff is the only one really intrests me. And I already bought a bunch of them on the other store.

lou_harper said:

Since I have no use for skimpware, not buying any more G8 figures, and only need so many hair products, so far Fabiana's stuff is the only one really intrests me. And I already bought a bunch of them on the other store.

me too. Great products.  

daveso said:

Torquinox said:

a real PITA though. I dont have to go to the other store to look at my purchases to see if I bought something or not. Another question I have, what's up at the R store that so many top vendors are moving here. or partially anyway.  

It's a PITA in that sense. We do have to visit the other store to check. I did searches in my downloads for some stuff and that worked. I keep backups of all my items. Might be faster to check the other store, though. As for your very good question, your guess is as good as mine.

So how about these sale prices... anyone else still missing the madness of March?

Torquinox said:

So how about these sale prices... anyone else still missing the madness of March?

not only are the sales not as good, but it appears to me pricing has increased overall as well. It for sure has in DAZ+ new products. I'm having a difficult time buying DAZ+ stuff. Always one of the new pair I don;t have any desire to buy. extra discount for the two or not, so I end up buying none.  I've also noticed my oveall purchasing is slowing way down. Nothing since 24 March, and only spent $60 in March itself, 40 in February. Wow, $16 in January. $135 in December 2023.  

I've also been feeling like not buying, and obviously the cut back is huge.  

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 182

I have about given up trying to deciper the sales. However now that I have finally started playing around with using dForce Hair (due to apparently unsolvable technical issues with my old computer that had repeatedly been switched between AMD and NVidia GPUs in it's 12 years of service, such that I could not get OpenCL to work ever, but the newer PC works fine doing simulations) , I am in the market for a few hair assets since I only have a couple of dForce female hairs that can be simulated. Lo and behold a bunch of dForce G8F hairs are on 60% off, so I am tryng to narrow it down to maybe just 3 or 4 for now.

So I am not even going to bother looking to see if through some black magic I could somehow get them for cheaper; the 60% off stuff like some Linday and AprilYSH is enough for me.

pctech4ny said:

I have about given up trying to deciper the sales. However now that I have finally started playing around with using dForce Hair (due to apparently unsolvable technical issues with my old computer that had repeatedly been switched between AMD and NVidia GPUs in it's 12 years of service, such that I could not get OpenCL to work ever, but the newer PC works fine doing simulations) , I am in the market for a few hair assets since I only have a couple of dForce female hairs that can be simulated. Lo and behold a bunch of dForce G8F hairs are on 60% off, so I am tryng to narrow it down to maybe just 3 or 4 for now.

So I am not even going to bother looking to see if through some black magic I could somehow get them for cheaper; the 60% off stuff like some Linday and AprilYSH is enough for me.

I think that is key, being satisfied with the price you are willing to pay and not getting hung up with trying to figure out the best pricing by buying tons of buy-in products and strange rules.  

daveso said:

I think that is key, being satisfied with the price you are willing to pay and not getting hung up with trying to figure out the best pricing by buying tons of buy-in products and strange rules.  

I have... Acceptable parameters for purchase. Sadly, nothing for sale lately meets those parameters. Oh well. Always another sale, and my store credit is safe (for now).

• I have faith we'll get better promotions back soon.  I haven't spent nearly as much so far as I did during March Madness.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

daveso said:

Wonderland said:

I'm wondering if the mods ever report to Daz marketing things like "Everyone in the forums is complaing about the complicated and confusing sales" so that maybe they could make major improvements. They say forumites are only a very small portion of their customers but many of us have been here for ages and spend a lot of money here and if WE, the long time customers who have figured out how to navigate the crazy marketing up till now can't figure these out and closing the sales page as our eyes glaze over, how are new customers going to deal with it? I know they've lost money from me because I just didn't have the time or patience to figure out these new convoluted sales and obviously I'm not alone. I feel like someone has to tell them what they're doing wrong and that they are losing money by not having sales that are easy to understand. 

I'm at the point of looking at the page, if I see something meets my price point, I'll look farther. I'm not going to waste my time anymore trying to figure out the sales. Maybe if I see a coupon, take another whatever percent off, I might be in 

Yeah, all of this requires unnessarily a lot of energy and calculations .... I pass on that!

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

SilverGirl said:

I swear I'd kill fewer braincells with a fifth of whiskey than I do trying to parse through these things and the logic behind them.

LOL ... my sentiments too!

I just wish there was more interesting new releases. Like good looking, well-made normal clothes, normal houses with exteriors, US small towns, suburbs, a variety of small stores that haven't been done before, storefronts, etc. I mean, the subway interior is nice, but there are at least three of them in the store already.

lou_harper said:

I just wish there was more interesting new releases. Like good looking, well-made normal clothes, normal houses with exteriors, US small towns, suburbs, a variety of small stores that haven't been done before, storefronts, etc. I mean, the subway interior is nice, but there are at least three of them in the store already.

I agree 100% but "normal" day to day stuff not the nature, overall, of the 3D art industry, but I really wish it would come back to the ground. I'm a sci-fi fan but sick of all the sci-fi stuff, robotics, neon, fancy sports cars, million dollar houses, and clothing only the rich can afford. Give me small town Americana, rural, and regular city life off of Broadway.  

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

lou_harper said:

Would love some suburban streets and outside areas (not an actual park but some weild greenery that grows around houses and suburbs)

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

Tomhip said:

lou_harper said:

Would love some suburban streets and outside areas (not an actual park but some weild greenery that grows around houses and suburbs)

Collective3d and FirstBastion have quite a few suburban-style residential items. DreamlandModels at Rendo has a good selection of McMansions in his Single Homes collection. There have many vegetation freebies from MartinJFrost to clutter the lots and fences. 

NorthOf45 said:

Tomhip said:

lou_harper said:

Collective3d and FirstBastion have quite a few suburban-style residential items. DreamlandModels at Rendo has a good selection of McMansions in his Single Homes collection. There have many vegetation freebies from MartinJFrost to clutter the lots and fences. 

I have everything by C3D. They are old but still the best. I wish he hasn't stopped making DAZ stuff. The FirstBastion stuff is far too old for me. Maybe if it had an iRay update. I eyed the Dreamland houses at rendo but the pricing and the age of them together didn't work for me.

Would be nice to have more like SloshWerk's Cottage Porch with various style houses, like craftsman bungalow, ranch style, colonial, etc. I could also use more like Enclosed Side Garden by Predatron. What I would absolutely kill for is some small town shopping street environment.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

I would love a some pretty, not-haunted Victorians and older style homes, including the sort that were converted to apartments. And older houses converted to shops and little coffee houses. I've been trying to kitbash some semblance of those things together, and I'm going to admit right out that so far I am not good at it.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

NorthOf45 said:

Tomhip said:

lou_harper said:

Yeah and I already have much of these, Collective3d room sets are pretty awesome but his other stuff is pretty dated now... I would love some higher quality one that reflect more details.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

lou_harper said:

I know it's a bit outside of normal Daz pricing, but KitBash3D sets like Americana offer a whole lot of options.

Gordig said:

lou_harper said:

I know it's a bit outside of normal Daz pricing, but KitBash3D sets like Americana offer a whole lot of options.

I bought it when it was half-off. Still pretty pricey. And of course, you have to export it with Blender, and if you want to be able to move parts of one nevirontment, like lamp posts, etc., you have to export them separately. Their surfaces are pretty drab and muted. The couple of buildings I used already I had to retexture for most part.  So, yes they are nice, but a pain in the backside too.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited April 14

I have to ask, I shouldn't, but I have to. Did DAZ hire a new marketing manager? If so, can we have the old one back? I am seriously havng trouble spending my store credit. Next time I'll pass, even if by some miracle it is 50% off. The KISS system works because while  other system create mind-boggling sales with maze like strategies, causing buyers to back up and think WTF, the KISS system lures buyers in and the buyers buy. Here, we cratch scratch our heads, and seek out clarification in the forums hoping we don't get carpel tunnel from refreshing the page to get rid of ads. After spending years looking for quarters under couch cushions, although I still budget, I am fortunate enough to own my house and 3 vehicles, and not be on a budget. But but I honestly cannot shop this way. I bought a gift card on April 8th and have not spent one cent since, and I am regretting buying the gift card. That's simply sad.

Edit: My apologies a cratch is a rack for holding cattle. 

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

ArtAngel said:

I have to ask, I shouldn't, but I have to. Did DAZ hire a new marketing manager? If so, can we have the old one back? I am seriously havng trouble spending my store credit. Next time I'll pass, even if by some miracle it is 50% off. The KISS system works because while  other system create mind-boggling sales with maze like strategies, causing buyers to back up and think WTF, the KISS system lures buyers in and the buyers buy. Here, we cratch our heads, and seek out clarification in the forums hoping we don't get carpel tunnel from refreshing the page to get rid of ads. After spending years looking for quarters under couch cushions, although I still budget, I am fortunate enough to own my house and 3 vehicles, and not be on a budget. But but I honestly cannot shop this way. I bought a gift card on April 8th and have not spent one cent since, and I am regretting buying the gift card. That's simply sad.

Good question

Myself I have pretty much given up on DAZ sales and just look at what interests me and if I am OK with the price I buy  

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...same here.

Gordig said:

lou_harper said:

but is it? their sets go on sale a lot. 50% off.  I think if something like that were produced here it would be as high, or really close. They are big kits over at Kitbash 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689
    edited April 14

Agree with all of the above - the new sales 'system' is stupid and annoying, and the design is also completely off. And I second, as so many times before, the desperate plea for more everyday items, scenes, and clothes. Yes I know, somebody will always be like, 'But the PAs decide what to make, not DAZ' - yeah well, but they decide what they accept into the store, no? Maybe start curating the stuff a bit? 
    I'm gonna scream if I have to see one more d... subway set in the new items ...

Edit: That being said, there're some nice new XI scenes atm. I'm just wary if them because the last sets were so huge that I could not use them at all. But maybe that has changed. The Train Street set especially seems realistic and also very interesting to me.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

daveso said:

Gordig said:

lou_harper said:

but is it? their sets go on sale a lot. 50% off.  I think if something like that were produced here it would be as high, or really close. They are big kits over at Kitbash 

I certainly wasn't suggesting their kits are overpriced, because you do get a hell of a lot for the money. While it's not a 1:1 comparison, you also get a lot out of a Stonemason set, and those are much more modestly priced; I think any set that would cost as much as a KB3D set (even on sale) probably wouldn't get released through Daz.

Gordig said:

daveso said:

Gordig said:

lou_harper said:

I certainly wasn't suggesting their kits are overpriced, because you do get a hell of a lot for the money. While it's not a 1:1 comparison, you also get a lot out of a Stonemason set, and those are much more modestly priced; I think any set that would cost as much as a KB3D set (even on sale) probably wouldn't get released through Daz.

true on the release here. I know I love the work of mal3Imagery but the price of the modern military uniform, as great as it is,  just prohibits me from puchasing it. Regular price is now $143. Wow. Kitbash is $200 per kit

This discussion has been closed.