Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,070

Elvis, what a dear you are.  Thank you.  Will have to be next week as I won't be home much on the weekend.  Hugs!!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,362

Thanks NGartplay, Horo, Fettbemme for the comments.

Electro-Elvis said:

I read the comments from NGartplay and mermaid010 in the Oldie but Goodie thread about their troubles with importing objects from Daz Studio. I thouhgt I could try to write a tutorial with the first steps. Importing and Adjusting Transparency maps. I attached the PDF file here at this comment, which might be not the ideal way, but for a first glimpse, it might be all right. If not please let me know. Any comments or questions about the tut are highly appreciated.

I don't use Daz Studio Electro-Elvis, but thanks for the Pdf, downloading it just in case one day I change my mind and use Daz Studio. I always have a problem with having people in my scenes, so I end up using animals. So far I managed with images on 2D.laugh

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,510

Electro-Elvis - thank you for the PDF. After Studio 3 the link Bryce <-> Studio stopped working so I exported stuff from Studio as obj and imported to Bryce. The other way around never interested me. To adjust the materials is always a bit difficult. Your help with the hair and transparency I appreciate very much.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

Having been away for a couple of weeks without laptop, I see you all have not been idling and made some very good renders. Sorry to not react on all renders separately.

Hansmar, you come when you can.  You are an important part of our community, so we always look forward to your input and images.

edited July 8

Hansmar - good to see you back.

Terrain and material are self made. Ambient light and sky by the Sunset5a HDRI from HDRI for Fun and the key light by the sun.

Sunset after Rain

SunsetAfterRain.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 181K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319

Horo said:

Hansmar - good to see you back.

Terrain and material are self made. Ambient light and sky by the Sunset5a HDRI from HDRI for Fun and the key light by the sun.

Sunset after Rain

another fine intrecate landscape

the atmosphere looks a bit toxic, though

yes

Beautiful Landscape Horo, the lighting is perfect for the scene.

Thank you Fettbemme and mermaid.

Thanks Horo and Mermaid. And a wonderful terrain again, Horo.

Horo, great looking terrain and material.  Make for a lovely picture.

Thank you Hansmar and NGartplay.

edited July 10

The same terrain as above, from above. Light and colour by the Rainbow3_LLx2 HDRI, Specular and negative light by the sun. A landscape from above shows a random pattern.

Random Pattern

RandomPattern.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 532K
    Post edited by Horo on

That's amazing, Horo.  Full on abstract.

Wow Horo, you come up with very unique ideas, lovely abstract terrain.

NGartplay and mermaid - thank you.

• TeobaldoTeobaldo Posts: 28
    edited July 13

I have been away from this forum again; but from time to time I look at them to catch up. I congratulate you all on your wonderful work, I love that Bryce is still in force even if there are only a few of us who like him.

Unfortunately, I will confess that when I discovered that VUE is now free I downloaded it... and was very happy with the program. I've been watching videos and learning, so it will take me longer than usual to create landscapes with Bryce. But I don't forget, it is one of the important programs in my life (just like WordStar, where I wrote my first stories and novels, heh heh heh).

Okay, now to ours. First comes a solitary planet and then a version with rings.

I think some of the images I created above could be used as book covers, although it will be difficult to convince the editor who is submitting a book with my stories to use them, because he is fascinated by AI images. I'm sorry, I consider that using AI is not playing very fair, I prefer my work even if it is considered mediocre or bad (if it is garbage it is my garbage, not someone else's or created by some program). It's my opinion and I hope I don't offend anyone with it.

Greetings to all and let the vice continue.

Post edited by Teobaldo on
    edited July 13

Teobaldo said:

I have been away from this forum again; but from time to time I look at them to catch up. I congratulate you all on your wonderful work, I love that Bryce is still in force even if there are only a few of us who like him.

Unfortunately, I will confess that when I discovered that VUE is now free I downloaded it... and was very happy with the program. I've been watching videos and learning, so it will take me longer than usual to create landscapes with Bryce. But I don't forget, it is one of the important programs in my life (just like WordStar, where I wrote my first stories and novels, heh heh heh).

Okay, now to ours. First comes a solitary planet and then a version with rings.

I think some of the images I created above could be used as book covers, although it will be difficult to convince the editor who is submitting a book with my stories to use them, because he is fascinated by AI images. I'm sorry, I consider that using AI is not playing very fair, I prefer my work even if it is considered mediocre or bad (if it is garbage it is my garbage, not someone else's or created by some program). It's my opinion and I hope I don't offend anyone with it.

Greetings to all and let the vice continue.

A book cover is always dependent on its content. There is Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi Fantasy and Hard Sci-fi. Generic Space scenery works best for a book with short stories to set the overall mood and tone what's in the book. I always liked the Solaris Rising book covers and from the Peter F. Hamilton Void Saga. As soon you put a spacefighter in the space scene the reader is expecting war and not a wedding on a distant moon with flowers all over.

I'd say your two renders would be great for a book cover for short stories. They are great renders. I love space renders.

I did one a while back but not in Bryce (it's entirely with Cinema 4D point lights and volumetrics - I give this away for free)

zip
    zip
    space_nebula_giveaway.zip
    nebula Solaris Rising.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 199K
    Andromeda.png
    1152 x 1920 - 1M
    Post edited by Fettbemme on

Teobaldo - two very nicely done space scenes.

Fettbemme - great book cover image.

edited July 13

Teobaldo - very nice space scenes.

Fettbemme - nice space cover

I used a source file from the Vegetation product, moved the camera around and liked this view.

Trees

trees-vegetation.jpg
    950 x 475 - 605K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Very nice mermaid.

Thanks Horo

mermaid010 said:

Teobaldo - very nice space scenes.

Fettbemme - nice space cover

I used a source file from the Vegetation product, moved the camera around and liked this view.

Trees

very realistic

nice render

yes

edited July 13

The terrain was self made and given a material combined from Gritstone Hills and High Resolution Terrains 4. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies. The first has the sun and HDRI from the left, the second from the right. The geometry of the terrain looks amazingly different, not only the light.

Under a Red Sun (E)

Under a Red Sky (W)

UnderRedSkyE.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 239K
    UnderRedSkyW.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 267K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 13

Teo, if the images wrap around to the back, then you'd need to move the planet to the left/right so it's the subject of the front of the cover.  The second one is my favorite as I think that if it wraps around it would look like space without taking away frrom the title and author's name.

I too fell for Vue and ended up buying Vue 6 Infinite.  I took online classes for it.  It was the plants and sky that drew me in.

Great looking foliage, mermaid.  Looks real.  I've always had problems making Bryce foliage look real. 

Post edited by NGartplay on

Horo, Great idea to make an abstract by rendering a terrain from above. And the 'normal' rendered terrains are wonderful.

Teobaldo, two great space renders. Definitely fitting for a sci-fi story with space travel as main item.

Fettbemme, really nice space cover that catches the attention. I guess that is the idea of a book cover (to catch the eye).

Mermaid, I like your view of the vegetation a lot. You could play with location of the sun and (perhaps) add some lightrays (as provided by David B). Just to see what other views are possible from the same position.

• TeobaldoTeobaldo Posts: 28

Fettbemme: Thanks for your words and the file.

mermaid010: The trees look very good.

Horo: Excellent example of the same scene with lighting from two different angles. It reminds me of model train terrain.

Thank you Hansmar and Teobaldo.

Thanks Fettbemme, NGartplay, Hansmar and also for the suggestion, and Teobaldo.

Horo - beautiful landscapes , amazing how small changes give different results