Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,510

Thank you mermaid.

edited July 15

The object and an instance of it as well as the materials are from Fifty Funky Shapes and Fifty Funky Metals. The objects stand on a Fading Disk. Background and light by the unpublished tone mapped BokehPine HDRI, from the sun some light and specular.

Twisted Cube Loop

Twisted Cube Loop Anaglyph

TwistedCubeLoop.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 139K
    TwistedCubeLoopAna.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 178K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319

Horo said:

The object and an instance of it as well as the materials are from Fifty Funky Shapes and Fifty Funky Metals. The objects stand on a Fading Disk. Background and light by the unpublished tone mapped BokehPine HDRI, from the sun some light and specular.

Twisted Cube Loop

Twisted Cube Loop Anaglyph

cool

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,362

Beautiful still, Horo, the anaglyph is awesome 

Thank you Fettbemme.

Thank you mermaid. I find the bright part of the backdrop at low left and upper right interferes a bit with the 3D effect.

I don't see any interference Horo, our eyes perceive things differently. 

Thanks mermaid. I don't think it's the eyes but rather the word "interfere". I meant the contrast between the objects and the background is a bit low or faint.

I see what you mean Horo now after reading  your explanation, yes the contrast is a bit low, but nice nonetheless. 

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,070

Horo, you make these objects so beautiful.

Thank you NGartplay.

edited July 16

The terrain is from David’s Pro DTE Terrains, lighting and materials from the same product, the canoe and logs are freebies.

rainladenclouds.jpg
    1155 x 650 - 440K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - amazingly natural looking scene of a low tide sea and approaching (or parting) bad weather.

Thanks Horo

Love this mermaid.  Well done!!!!

Thanks NGartplay 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

Horo, Great render. Very well textured and presented objects.

Mermaid, Lovely terrain and lighting and sky.

Thank you Hansmar.

Thanks Hansmar 

mermaid010 said:

The terrain is from David’s Pro DTE Terrains, lighting and materials from the same product, the canoe and logs are freebies.

this render works out really nice

also, I like that mood in the rainy background

very cool

yes

Thanks Fettbemme 

edited July 18

No terrain, only the ground plane with my own material. The trees were made in the Tree Lab as BTOs: three trees and eight instances, the grass is a tree as well; the materials for the wood and foliage are self made. Sky and ambient light by an unpublished HDRI, additional clouds from the Sky Toobox and the key light by the sun.

Woodside

Woodside.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 367K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, That looks very good and clearly shows you can use the Bryce trees for very nice results.

Horo, it's always been the trunks of the trees that I took issue with in Bryce.  They have a bulge in the middle.  Yours do not.  The look great in your render.

Beautiful trees Horo very nice render

edited July 19

Thank you Hansmar. The Bryce Tree Lab is very good and versatile. The Tree Shapes does not return the tree selected, it is always the default. This is a bug. I always open a BTO tree (CTRL and click on the tree icon on top of the Create shelf, then navigate to the Presets\Trees).

Thank you NGartplay. Yes, the trunk is made with Metaballs and the initial trees in Bryce 5 have quite obvious bulges. This issue was corrected later, I do not remember if with Bryce 6 or 7 and the bulges are much less obvious. But Bryce BTO trees are much better in this respect.

Thank you mermaid.

For the Tree Lab, I have a 14-page PDF on my website: Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Mine (PDF) > Objects > Bryce Tree Objects (BTO)

Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 19

New terrain renders from me. First one from the Kyle Sound from Hi-res terrains 4. I added a submarine and a bird. Then two from the Glacier (Hi-res terrains 2), to which I added to freebie balloons.

Kyle-Sound_HM1a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 619K
    Glacier.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 810K
    Glacier_2.jpg
    879 x 659 - 645K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Great job Hansmar.  Love the waves on the rocks and the submarine as the subject.  The balloons are so much fun.  I like the 2nd terrain but the lighting in the last one looks real.  Like a super bright day with deep shadows.

Hansmar said:

New terrain renders from me. First one from the Kyle Sound from Hi-res terrains 4. I added a submarine and a bird. Then two from the Glacier (Hi-res terrains 2), to which I added to freebie balloons.

awesome - it has that lost at sea lovecraftian feel to it

Beautiful work Hansmar, all are very nicely done, good lighting and materials but the 1st is my fav.

Hansmar - three very nicely done scenes.