Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• vamptheme756 said:

Crashing when i try to render OOT hair. All i need is 4.21 back!

The problem is not with the app, but the asset. For OOT hairs causing crashes, remove the map in the Transmitted Color channel (Surfaces pane) if it exists.

• Mark W said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Does anyone have an Idea how this is working on Mac M2's?  I have a Mac M2 Ultra and I'm hesitant to upgrade until I know how it is on this OS.

I'm running a M2 Mac Studio. TBH, 4.22 feels *slightly less* stable than 4.21. Not entirely unexpected for a brand new release, but frustrating.

The one notable bug I've seen so far is that ground fog doesn't render the same as the previous version. Effectively uselesss, as it seems to obscure the whole image.

Thanks Mark W. for the heads up.  I definitely think I will wait a while. I don't need the extra frustrations for sure. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,807

Send a support request to ask for 4.21.0.5 ~~

• BlackTalonArts said:

Mark W said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Does anyone have an Idea how this is working on Mac M2's?  I have a Mac M2 Ultra and I'm hesitant to upgrade until I know how it is on this OS.

I'm running a M2 Mac Studio. TBH, 4.22 feels *slightly less* stable than 4.21. Not entirely unexpected for a brand new release, but frustrating.

The one notable bug I've seen so far is that ground fog doesn't render the same as the previous version. Effectively uselesss, as it seems to obscure the whole image.

Thanks Mark W. for the heads up.  I definitely think I will wait a while. I don't need the extra frustrations for sure.

The (known) bug with the menus in Sonoma (I'm running an M1 Max Mac Studio) is killing me, as well as the persistent crashes when saving.  At least it saves the file BEFORE it crashes, but having a workflow of "do a step, save, crash, relaunch, do another step, save, crash, relaunch, try to do something from a menu, crash, relaunch" isn't going to work for me.  At least I have a backlog of drawn/painted illustrations to get done while I wait for DS to become usable again.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

DoctorJellybean said:

vamptheme756 said:

Crashing when i try to render OOT hair. All i need is 4.21 back!

The problem is not with the app, but the asset. For OOT hairs causing crashes, remove the map in the Transmitted Color channel (Surfaces pane) if it exists.

Cool that worked!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

babyeatindingo said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Mark W said:

BlackTalonArts said:

The (known) bug with the menus in Sonoma (I'm running an M1 Max Mac Studio) is killing me, as well as the persistent crashes when saving.  At least it saves the file BEFORE it crashes, but having a workflow of "do a step, save, crash, relaunch, do another step, save, crash, relaunch, try to do something from a menu, crash, relaunch" isn't going to work for me.  At least I have a backlog of drawn/painted illustrations to get done while I wait for DS to become usable again.

If D|S is crashing on save, are you using command-s or the menu? In different versions of the software on different machines (sometimes it's fixed, sometimes it doesn't appear to be) using command-s often saves the file, then crashes. If that's the same for you, try using the menu for saving. Rendering has also shown this sporadic problem when using command-r instead of using the palette.

-- Walt Sterdan 

• BlackTalonArts said:

Totte said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Which macOS version are you running?

There are bugs with DS in macOS 14, but they were the same for DS 4.21.0.5 so nothing changed there. I run this version on 12.7 and 13.7 M1pro and x86 (I do have macOS 14 on my M2 Air 

I'm running Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2  I've done a little bit of work on the previous DS version and everything seemed to be fair but I definitely don't want to go from fair to bad. I haven't updated to Sonoma yet as I want software programs to catch any issues and patch it before i take the plunge. I'm also wondering if the team is working on those MacOS bugs as well.  I spend a crap ton of money here and if there isn't going to be regular support for MacOS then I don't see the need to continue purchasing.  I know it's all about Nvidia for folks but I'm quite thrilled with my mac and no plans on going back to Windows Systems.    Thanks for the input Totte

These isues are being worked on, for DS 5 though as they require the chnage in Qt version and that is going to break plug-ins (on both platforms).

• babyeatindingo said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Mark W said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Ugh, thanks...sounds like I will be waiting a while to update both.  Wish I would have nabbed the current version download file as I really need to uninstall and reinstall.  Oh well.  Thanks everyone for the input, I'll just keep an eye here for any updated information.  

• Richard Haseltine said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Totte said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Which macOS version are you running?

There are bugs with DS in macOS 14, but they were the same for DS 4.21.0.5 so nothing changed there. I run this version on 12.7 and 13.7 M1pro and x86 (I do have macOS 14 on my M2 Air 

I'm running Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2  I've done a little bit of work on the previous DS version and everything seemed to be fair but I definitely don't want to go from fair to bad. I haven't updated to Sonoma yet as I want software programs to catch any issues and patch it before i take the plunge. I'm also wondering if the team is working on those MacOS bugs as well.  I spend a crap ton of money here and if there isn't going to be regular support for MacOS then I don't see the need to continue purchasing.  I know it's all about Nvidia for folks but I'm quite thrilled with my mac and no plans on going back to Windows Systems.    Thanks for the input Totte

These isues are being worked on, for DS 5 though as they require the chnage in Qt version and that is going to break plug-ins (on both platforms).

Thanks Richard. Hopefully it's something that doesn't take too long. :)

• wsterdan said:

babyeatindingo said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Mark W said:

BlackTalonArts said:

If D|S is crashing on save, are you using command-s or the menu? In different versions of the software on different machines (sometimes it's fixed, sometimes it doesn't appear to be) using command-s often saves the file, then crashes. If that's the same for you, try using the menu for saving. Rendering has also shown this sporadic problem when using command-r instead of using the palette.

-- Walt Sterdan 

I'd figured out that using the menu instead of command-S worked a while ago, but since I updated to Sonoma last week, and hadn't used DAZ on a Mac since then until the new version yesterday, I found myself stuck between two bugs.  If I use command-S, it saves, then crashes.  If I try to use the menu... it might work, or it might trigger the wild menu-spasm bug that crashes with no save.   Crash-with-a-save is better than crash-without-a-save, but isn't going to work for anything I really need to get done.  That means abandoning DAZ on my Mac until the next release.

edited November 2023

Now that I got the hair map glitch sorted. (The color looks off just re applied a different shader). Improvements I noticed program and G8 loads faster. The zoom in using the wheel mouse is fixed thank you!

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 961
    edited November 2023

I'm having an issue where the first render will work fine, but if I try to re-render the scene I get "Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend error: No worker to render with: aborting render" in the log and a black screen. I have to exit DS and reload the scene in order to render it again. Otherwise, it seems much faster to load characters (as others have said) which is pretty impressive.

Post edited by evacyn on

evacyn said:

I'm having an issue where the first render will work fine, but if I try to re-render the scene I get "Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend error: No worker to render with: aborting render" in the log and a black screen. I have to exit DS and reload the scene in order to render it again. Otherwise, it seems much faster to load characters (as others have said) which is pretty impressive.

You might've run out of VRAM. What's your card?

Suggest install GPU-Z to monitor VRAM usage from time to time.

And yeah, appr. 65-70% loading time saving

crosswind said:

evacyn said:

It's a 4090 and latest drivers. Task Manager is showing my dedicated GPU usage at  >5GB.

evacyn said:

crosswind said:

evacyn said:

It's a 4090 and latest drivers. Task Manager is showing my dedicated GPU usage at  >5GB.

After 1st render, did you save and close the render window ? Stil, install GPU-Z, and check Memory usage starting from the 1st render initiates.

crosswind said:

evacyn said:

crosswind said:

evacyn said:

After 1st render, did you save and close the render window ? Stil, install GPU-Z, and check Memory usage starting from the 1st render initiates.

Yeah - closed the window and then restarted. I'll check out GPU-Z to see if the memory is an issue, but I never had this issue with 4.21.

• oddboboddbob Posts: 348

evacyn said:

I've just encountered that with a 4090, latest everything, not close to vram or system ram limits.

It's an asset issue, deleting stuff in the reverse order to which I loaded it fixed it but I'm not yet sure of the specific item as I deleted a few at the same time, I'll have more time to look later.

• luciandimiluciandimi Posts: 8
    edited November 2023

Hi guys

I am one of the luckiest , my system automatically made an restore point. RTX 4080, rendering time for scene 20 min for 2%, updated drivers for Studio, removed old ones with DDU, tested another scene, fireflies and artefacts. Found restoring point, back to 21 and render same scene 97% conv, quality 2 done in 15 min. Tested different scene, no fireflies and no artefacts. Ill try now on different system with 3060. Wish me luck!

L.E.

On RTX 3060 vers .22 works amazingly, no fireflies, no artefacts.

I really dont get it...

Post edited by luciandimi on

oddbob said:

evacyn said:

I've just encountered that with a 4090, latest everything, not close to vram or system ram limits.

It's an asset issue, deleting stuff in the reverse order to which I loaded it fixed it but I'm not yet sure of the specific item as I deleted a few at the same time, I'll have more time to look later.

It's not that little mojo again, is it, some OOT hairs?  If so, check your scene and update the products with fix. If it's another product, let's see...

luciandimi said:

Hi guys

I am one of the luckiest , my system automatically made an restore point. RTX 4080, rendering time for scene 20 min for 2%, updated drivers for Studio, removed old ones with DDU, tested another scene, fireflies and artefacts. Found restoring point, back to 21 and render same scene 97% conv, quality 2 done in 15 min. Tested different scene, no fireflies and no artefacts. Ill try now on different system with 3060. Wish me luck!

Good luck ! enlightened

• oddboboddbob Posts: 348

crosswind said:

oddbob said:

evacyn said:

It's not that little mojo again, is it, some OOT hairs?  If so, check your scene and update the products with fix. If it's another product, let's see...

This is odd, I'm using Carole HD which doesn't show in smart content when installed through DIM but does show in the character folder. Won't let me categorize it though. Also using Itsy hair. I get intermittent issues with the second render failing when trying to use both together but can use them in separate scenes ok.

edited November 2023

oddbob said:

crosswind said:

oddbob said:

evacyn said:

This is odd, I'm using Carole HD which doesn't show in smart content when installed through DIM but does show in the character folder. Won't let me categorize it though. Also using Itsy hair. I get intermittent issues with the second render failing when trying to use both together but can use them in separate scenes ok.

I don't have that char. but usually two reasons : DIM lost connection to cms when you installed the product; wrong metadata. You may try to re-import metadata of that product.

As for the asset conflict issue, I have no way to test them 'cause I only have Itsy Hair...sorry...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

babyeatindingo said:

wsterdan said:

babyeatindingo said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Mark W said:

BlackTalonArts said:

-- Walt Sterdan 

I'd figured out that using the menu instead of command-S worked a while ago, but since I updated to Sonoma last week, and hadn't used DAZ on a Mac since then until the new version yesterday, I found myself stuck between two bugs.  If I use command-S, it saves, then crashes.  If I try to use the menu... it might work, or it might trigger the wild menu-spasm bug that crashes with no save.   Crash-with-a-save is better than crash-without-a-save, but isn't going to work for anything I really need to get done.  That means abandoning DAZ on my Mac until the next release.

Thanks for the info; I haven't upgraded my OS to Sonoma, so I'll hold off on that for a while.

-- Walt Sterdan 

• xop32xop32 Posts: 0

Massive problems with the daz to unreal export

every time i try to export a carachter with clothing or hair it will crash!!!

was working fine in 4.2.1, last version, now i can not export anything into unreal!!!

is this normal are others getting  crashes when trying to export from daz to unreal 

Wow increased render speed! In my case anyhow..

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    edited November 2023

oddbob said:

DIM installs "/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Carole 8.1.duf", so that is why you see it in the Characters in the Content Library. The DAZ metadata included in DIM for the Carole product does not include any metadata at all for that file, though, as far as I can see. I was able to assign an asset type and category successfully with the Content DB Editor and drag and drop it into the product. You can submit a help request about the metadata error, if you think there is any hope of getting it fixed. Or, you can just fix it yourself, like I did and move on with life.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Decimator is broken as hell. Exported models were crashing my 3DXchange, finally opened one in 3DS Max and it's a mass blob of garbage. Trying to get a Genesis 3 char into Unity for a VR college project, even the base model falls apart. Requested a rollback from support, wish they would include an option in install manager to at least get the previous version, I was meant to get more of my work done over half term and now I'm stuck waiting for support to let me roll back to a working version.

@xop32 - if your models are decimated, this is probably why unreal is crashing!

edited November 2023

LudenUK said:

Decimator is broken as hell. Exported models were crashing my 3DXchange, finally opened one in 3DS Max and it's a mass blob of garbage. Trying to get a Genesis 3 char into Unity for a VR college project, even the base model falls apart. Requested a rollback from support, wish they would include an option in install manager to at least get the previous version, I was meant to get more of my work done over half term and now I'm stuck waiting for support to let me roll back to a working version.

with the latest Decimator plugin's update ?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

LudenUK said:

Decimator is broken as hell. Exported models were crashing my 3DXchange, finally opened one in 3DS Max and it's a mass blob of garbage. Trying to get a Genesis 3 char into Unity for a VR college project, even the base model falls apart. Requested a rollback from support, wish they would include an option in install manager to at least get the previous version, I was meant to get more of my work done over half term and now I'm stuck waiting for support to let me roll back to a working version.

How were you transferring the model? If the mesh looks good in DS then it may be the transfer method, or its settings at one end or the other, that is the issue.

• Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

LudenUK said:

How were you transferring the model? If the mesh looks good in DS then it may be the transfer method, or its settings at one end or the other, that is the issue.

I just tried Decimating Genesis 3 Male, it looked fine in DS and rendered correctly. Then I tried exporting to FBX and opening in Blender, it was drawn with a completely wrong vertex order I think - polygone were there, but formed by the wrong vertices. That looks, at a glance, like an exporter issue.