virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2017

ZOLLYDOOM smiley  loll

used a rock in the lower corner as a marker, zoomed in from there, and dollies out til i could see it in frame again.

playlist  -  

and g3f progress, unprogress.  loading the very same figure into ds and into carrara (from ds folder, very same one)
    carrara reading in morphs and jcms, not reading in posr controls, yet, see them in ds  sighhhh

playlist - 

zollydoom.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Misty-g3 for carrara progress report 01.png
    1280 x 693 - 224K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Ever try Camstudio.org?

CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software

camstudio.org/

Records screen activity from the Windows desktop into standard AVI movie files. It is an ideal tool for creating software demonstrations and active presentations.

I liked it. Now I use the screen capture module that comes with Corel VideoStudio Pro. I like it much better. But Camstudio is a great free screen capture

edited February 2017

yeah but bandicam goes straight to mp4

Corel VideoStudio Pro ?   when it says pro prolly spensive?
    does it do mp4 hd?

my big problem with any software is when they dont give activation for offline computers.

it's crazy.  if banks and irs cant protect their computers, what chance do i have?
    imagine catching that win10 upgrade nag

Post edited by Mistara on

found 27 nodes in g3f/m where the id:parameter doesn't match the name:parameter  
    this the pose control problemo.  expressions are pose controls, as in, a formula stored in the node_library.
    for carrara, seems names in formula need to match the node id:parameter in the duf file, parked under the 'scene' section.
    pose controls like eyes closed, squint

if i edit these 27, will attempting to make these work bring back the crashing?

the only other option i can think of, g3 carraractor will need her own expression sets

need everyone's opinion on this.  

Not sure (mp4?) off hand - but I think so. It does have Ultra HD (4K) support

Current Full Version is $79

Ultimate is $99

So... no, not very expensive, yet really feature packed. They also offer a free trial. Never tried it so I don't know how they handle that.

Get on their newsletter and you'll see that their products go a substantial sales all the time. Then to upgrade to latest versions is very reasonable as well. I like Corel. Nice company and always developing to the new trends. I'm still on VideoStudio Pro X7 Ultimate... feels like yesterday

I am looking forward to some of the new features of X10 though.

You might also want to try HitFilm Express (free) - a better compositor than an editor, from what I see so far (not used editor that much yet), but it is free

Yeah... I don't like software that requires an internet connection to run no

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

The Dolly Zoom (or Zolly Doom if you prefer!) is most often done on a person, quite often fairly close into the head. The trick is to dolly back (ie. move the camera back) and zoom in so that the head remains the same size, which is easy in Carrara as you just need to set the start and end keys for the camera (or you can do it the other way around for a different effect). Worth checking the middle frame to ensure that the head doesn't change size there, it should be pretty close but you can fine tune the effect if required.

edited February 2017
    PhilW said:

The Dolly Zoom (or Zolly Doom if you prefer!) is most often done on a person, quite often fairly close into the head. The trick is to dolly back (ie. move the camera back) and zoom in so that the head remains the same size, which is easy in Carrara as you just need to set the start and end keys for the camera (or you can do it the other way around for a different effect). Worth checking the middle frame to ensure that the head doesn't change size there, it should be pretty close but you can fine tune the effect if required.

...and, like the video describes, we also change the distance to near plane setting, which is what really creates the dramatic effect. I never really new what that was for before. When I tried this, it blew my mind!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Not sure (mp4?) off hand - but I think so. It does have Ultra HD (4K) support

Current Full Version is $79

Ultimate is $99

So... no, not very expensive, yet really feature packed. They also offer a free trial. Never tried it so I don't know how they handle that.

Get on their newsletter and you'll see that their products go a substantial sales all the time. Then to upgrade to latest versions is very reasonable as well. I like Corel. Nice company and always developing to the new trends. I'm still on VideoStudio Pro X7 Ultimate... feels like yesterday

I am looking forward to some of the new features of X10 though.

One of the new features I really want is:

Time Remapping – Add slow motion or fast motion effects, freeze frame, or reverse and replay scenes in one easy-to-use application

but also

Mask Creator – Define, detect and fine-tune your mask with powerful tools and put the focus on key elements in your video

Group Objects – Easily move or apply effects to multiple clips in your timeline with new grouping capabilities

along with getting double the amount of possible audio tracks.

Don't get me wrong, though. Even if I don't upgrade for quite some time, my X7 Pro Ultimate is no slouch! It's a formidable editor.

But I also love my Vegas Movie HD!

• Happy Birthday Mistyheart

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Happy birthday, Misty.  Click for the message.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Corel Studio does make export to mp4 HD :)

thank you heartheart

ate too much cake today  smiley

had a peek at x9 on amazon.

visiting my amazon w/l is torture sometimes.  the 21:9 monitor dropped in price, dunnooo
    birthday prezzie to myself mebbe 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Happy birthday Misty smiley

I've just realised.blush  Happy birthday, Misty!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Happy birthday, Misty!

edited February 2017

Happy Birthday Misty!!! 

Rosie and I   

came to Crash your Party! ;)

thank yoo 

Happy Birthday to all the Februaryers!!

thinkin about how to use terrain editor to make a d&d map.  edges would have to lie flat. smiley  bilbo's map in 3d

Mercurial should have her own stats sheet  tee hee.  a die-10 and -20 fuzzy dice

strength
    dexterity
    the ole vitality
    mana
    wisdom
    geralt has a toxicity stat

is there an official requests for carrara 9 thread?
    an invisibility slider would so kewl.  could fade out a whole figure or group without messing with the individual shaders
    fading into a portal or transporter be easier

i've never looked at aiko 3's polycount

tea kettle whistlin

edited February 2017

It's not an official thread, but here it is:

Carrara 9 feature request

For flat borders on terrain, add a Zero Edges filter at the end of the stack.

Or you could take that flat map and give it some texture by adding another filter or generator after it too.

I had a product in development for making printable table-top terrain for roleplay games

Well, I still have it, just stopped pouring into it. Kinda cool how it all works and the mesh creating the black border uses that technique I was teaching to wgdjohn, everything set to "None" in a Multichannel Shader.

These are actually reduced in size. The default render for them are set to give a high-quality print. I don't recall what that is. These are some of the first shaders I've made using Genetica to create texture, spec and bump maps.

Base5x8.jpg
    2000 x 1556 - 2M
    Doc1.jpg
    2000 x 1556 - 2M
    Doc6.jpg
    2000 x 1556 - 1M

There are a bunch of other textures and layout presets available, the next step was to add furniture, treasure and other dressings

Now known as "loveablemoggy" at ShareCG has made some gorgeous RPG Dice for Carrara back when we had a Freebies forum. Luckily for us she still offers them, now at ShareCG! They roll nice too!

luv the physics engine

so far i've only played physics with particle emitter, basic cloth draping.  rendered out the chain link demo as is for fun. 

starting up my favorite background music to carraraplay to, a skyrim enhanced demo reel smiley

narrowing down project code names for g3m,
    down to ... Butch, Dutch, Sundance, or Big Ben
    sounds silly, but needs the right name to come alive in my imagination

ssippsing iced tea.  cant eat any more cake for awhile.

setting my go to sleep alarm for 10pm. day job tomorrow, bummers, wake up alam set for 6am

was lookin at the corel x9 on amazon, 

eyelids keep crashing. 5 hours sleep, shouldn't be so hard to stay awake. worried i'll fall asleep on bus and miss my stop. has happened.

Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve 12 is Free, unless you wish to incorporate a fully-blown networked studio with it, then we'd have to pay something.

But everything a person would want in a high-end editor comes with the free version!

davinci code!  was an 80s thing.  thornbirds.  smiley 

DaVinci Code is a Forever thing! 

DaVinci Resolve has been known as the High-End color correction software for quite some time - and now they've added everything we need to use as an Editor - according to him (points up at the video above, at Paul's face). We'll see when I start messing with it. Looks promising as hell to me!

He also explains in there that most individual editors will find everything they need in the free version. next step up is for big studio use and is a grand, and the next and final step is for huge studios and is thirty grand! 

I think it's cool that Blackmagic Design is giving DaVinci Resolve and Fusion away for free - and those free versions cover most anything the average home user would need. For you. however, Fusion's free version doesn't go to the high resolutions you want to use, while I believe Resolve does. 

cant think at all, only 3 hours sleep  
    5 more hours til i can go home. 

putting on a pot of joe - kicking horse coffee.  reboot 

At last! Thanks to Misty, today I could convert and load my G3m character into Carrara without crash! Here is the character's first test in Carrara.