virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    MistyMist said:

Now I understand my confusion. Same artist, different (then) stores. They do look very similar ;)

MS_Lycan from MS at Daz3d

Wolf Hound from MS at RDNA

oh, ms lycan has a beard 

...and some other differences, but from a distance, they can look very similar - and they come with very similar poses. Lucky me... MS_Lycan comes with a walk cycle aniBlock! ;)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

watchin inspiration heart

thinkin, trying >.<  instead of deleting the graft section in the dsf files (to fix the geograft uv issue),
    mebbe there's a way to word a modifier in a preset file to override or ignore the graft section in the dsf file.
    mainly for the pro bit geografts. for the other geografts i just delete. but the gens i'll want to be geografts in ds

trial and error, no luck so far

unless, can move the geograft section to the dud file, then could make 1 loader for ds, 1 for carrara

wuh oh midnight, need to give it up for tnite. 

yup, fighting nekers and drowners, wyverns, golums

edited February 2017

going by hobbit schedule, is too late in the day for afternoon tea?

remembered i never finished rara shading Mclean's coffee set.

sending a camera to origin, makes it face down from the lens, does the hotpoint have a direction?
    lower the altitude of the realistic sky moonlight moondiscwireframe so it looks massive from the ground, like a vulcan moon (even though vulcan has no moon)

bake chocolate chip cookies or heat up tgif snacks. on caturday lol

bring over castle turret and a faveral set or 2.
    try out richard's suggestion of tiling 0.5 to fix the u wrap thing from the ds side.

putting the texure maps in the same folder with the .cbr preset, so far, stops the hunt for them, 
    does it try the relative path first, then goes to it's home folder? 

walk cycle

and trying to pin down exactly why g3 crashes carrara
    the most obvious difference between working g3 and crashing g3,
    on my character can select forearm bend and thigh twist body parts, on default g3 cant select those body parts

dragon wings
    emperor's palace
    face rigged dragon
    rigged poseable hair
    flying aircraft carrier
    vorpal bunnie slippers

Post edited by Mistara on

I made some Taiwon Pork last night that was just awesome!

I called it Taiwon Pork, but I made it all up myself and I know that there isn't much about it that deserves the name other than it being somewhat oriental tasting/looking! LOL

It was so good though!!! Went great with tea!

I made some Taiwon Pork last night that was just awesome!

I called it Taiwon Pork, but I made it all up myself and I know that there isn't much about it that deserves the name other than it being somewhat oriental tasting/looking! LOL

It was so good though!!! Went great with tea!

taiwon makes me think coconut in recipe cheekynomms
    ate the last of my ghee butter last nightcrying

My sesame oil is all gone too crying

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Misty - you changed your name!  Does that make you a total Carrara convert?!

edited February 2017

i've become rara centric.   lol

decided the native rara morph inj not worth the level of effort.
    keeping figures in my ds lib, and i'll apply the shaders from carrara, dragging on to ball really isnt much scene setup overhead. 

thinkin, enlightenedhad an idea for smoother camera panning.
    make like a camera trolly track, like a yardstick 
    keyframe the beginning and end of camera pan along this track first! 
    then, scrub along sequencer, until i get to area where i want to swivel the camera.
    omg so excited to try this idea out i'se never gonna get to sleep tnite

i see the hide in 3d view tick, nothing for a visible in 3d view only? forgetting to hide b4 render 

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited February 2017
    MistyRara said:

decided the native rara morph inj not worth the level of effort.

Agreed.

We can still make figures that use the same sort of system as Generation 4 (or earlier) and create INJ files for them - even if Carrara is our ultimate goal. However, if we want to do that, the best way to go about it would be to use the Poser formats to do so - just like the Generation 4 system.

Genesis is altogether different. Not sure how entirely accurate it works in this way within Carrara, but its intention is that, although ALL purchased shapes and morphs become included in the base figure for use, supposedly only those that ARE used actually add system weight to the figure - which really is a magical means of doing it.

It does work this way in Daz Studio. Whether Carrara retains all of this I'm not sure - but probably. It's basically using the Database (Postgre) within the figure - I think.

I don't know how to make the INJ pose files, but the way you rip open files for Genesis 3, I'm sure you could open up a INJ file in an editor and figure out what they're doing. I know there are also some apps to help create these INJ files. I was going to get one if I got into making morphs for distribution. 

This one only comes with stuff for use with Generation 3 figures, but it also says that we can make our own library files for any figure, so.... (?)

INJection Pose Builder 1.5

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited February 2017
    MistyRara said:

thinkin, enlightenedhad an idea for smoother camera panning.
    make like a camera trolly track, like a yardstick 
    keyframe the beginning and end of camera pan along this track first! 
    then, scrub along sequencer, until i get to area where i want to swivel the camera.
    omg so excited to try this idea out i'se never gonna get to sleep tnite

I bought RM Delphinia V4 so that I could use Dimension Theory's Carraractors Delphinia

Well that product does come with some awesome shader setups for Delphinia in Carrara - Big Time! But it also includes a couple of HDRI as well as (and this is why I brought this up here) some cool video tutorials by Dimension Theory himself - which is always a treat. Most of them are related to his reasoning for creating the shaders the way he did, why they are labeled as they are, and how best to use them.

But one of the videos is all about this cool camera setup he uses! It's really simple and powerful. I've not even used it yet - I'm really quite comfortable with how I use cameras now... but it's really different how he does it. I'd love to repeat what he says in there, but that kind of feels like cheating him. Maybe ask him if he'll release that info to the public?

Hmnpf. Just noticed it's on sale as we speak! 

I love DT, and I love his videos.

He's done some ammazing experiments with Carrara over the years. I really miss him and his intense insight. Daz Studio users are treated to his wisdom and artistic enthusiasm nowadays. Maybe, some day, he and Age of Armour will come home?

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

had delphinia in my arsenal a while :)  has 4 levels of shaders for speed

i was gonna render my pans for 4 seconds, but thinkin, i need room for fadeouts 
    how many milli seconds for a fadeout between cuts, ? 
    so many details dont think about til the last second  

thinkin 5 seconds?  i like the math.

can a master tree control the wind settings for a few trees?

not going crazy with trees, just need a few for perspective

MistyRara said:

had delphinia in my arsenal a while :)  has 4 levels of shaders for speed

Check out his video tutorials! That camera one is really freaking cool!

MistyRara said:

i was gonna render my pans for 4 seconds, but thinkin, i need room for fadeouts 
    how many milli seconds for a fadeout between cuts, ? 
    so many details dont think about til the last second  

I actually even make special renders of several seconds that I cut to for fadeouts and/or transitions using the same scene as the main action render - either starting at the beginning as the end, or the end as the beginning - often both. Most cases, the main action (which is what is mostly responsible for the renders to be slower) is no longer in the camera or is not in camera yet (actually - at this point it's deleted from the scene altogether)

So I'll make one the preceded the action footage by having the beginning camera angle as the end. So I Alt/drag the first camera keyframe down to the end - say, 4 seconds down. Maybe more... maybe less. Then I'll Aly/drag that same keyframe another second down (later in time)

Example: I just copied the keyframe to the 4 second mark, then copied that one to the 5 second mark.

According to how the camera moves in the actual action shot, I'll back up at the start of this one. So since I'm ending where the other one begins, now I go backwards from where the original shot was going - like I'm leading up to blend into the main shot. I'll set the tweener between the first keyframe and the one at 4 seconds mark to Bezier. 

Sometimes I also like the slight movement of also having a Bezier in the one between 4 and 5 seconds, other times I need it to hold still for easier blending in the edit room, so I'll have it be Linear.

Sometimes I'll do something similar for an ending transition too. It depends. But my action shots are often very quick and made up of many dferent shots to get the sequence finished. Several shots edited together may only add up to a short few seconds - meant to be edited in with many other shots entirely.

By the way... these sorts of techniques are also how I make smooth pans in my main action scenes too.

Movies and TV shows are awesom inspiration for how to cut scenes - swap from one scene to another and back again and so on. Also how to either move the camera or to not move the camera. 

These things also follow trends - and so older motion pictures will offer entirely different inspiration than current ones.

I see a lot of very slow moving cameras against more rapid motion going on in front of the camera. 

Zooms have become taboo... yet some filmmakers use them just because they are taboo! LOL

Some films might over-use depth perception blurring, others might not use it enough. Sometimes I've become annoyed from it being too strongly applied - far too often. But used effectively, it can really draw a lot of awe into ones presentation.

I love Howler for this stuff. I can set the zone to be very miniscule and really get that blur going - but it's hardly noticeable because it's far away from the main focus of the shot. Then make a new selection zone and apply a much more subtle effect - and then perhaps even sharpen the main focus event slightly. This would be an example of how we can easily go overboard. So when I'm doing this, I try to remain subtle and then back off a little more.

We still have to be brave and make it according to our own tastes too... but paying attention to rules of the masters is always a good start. Helps to keep on post-it notes around the desk.

worries zooms can cuz motion sick >.<

theres a cute camera trick they do in the Sleepy Hollow tv series.  
    they start the scene, the camera is upside down,
    shows the police car driving down the road,
    the camera rolls to the proper upright position.  
    can only guess they trying to disorient the viewer, like welcome to this alternate reality smiley

trying to imagine how a dragon would position his wings to do a tailspin
    never seen a bird in real life spin or fly upside down

cant imagine how a plane does it, tail rudder?

blue angels do the fancy stuff in their air show. watched once, at jones beach, didnt pay attention to the how they did it

Watch this at around 1:36:30 (almost the end) shows one interpretation of their mating flight ritual

I woulld personally use a different wing pose, but this does look cool

heartheart

this lightwave, wantz in rara  ohh, idoidoido

Watch this at around 1:36:30 (almost the end) shows one interpretation of their mating flight ritual

hadnt even thought on dragon mating.  would need male and female dragons.  
    birds dont breast nurse. bats, dolphins, kangaroos?
    mind in a tizz naos, lol.  

need a beer

• you need to save the horses  animation in D|S as a scene subset as the morphs do not work in Carrara

horsie morphs?

i'm 98% sure the cr2.mcx cant interpret id_alias and name_alias in the nodes_library.  not yet certain where the joint names fit
    cuz
    it looks like they fixed typos in the node modifiers with aliases

MistyRara said:

hadnt even thought on dragon mating.  would need male and female dragons.  
    birds dont breast nurse. bats, dolphins, kangaroos?
    mind in a tizz naos, lol.  

need a beer

Yeah... they go into a tail spin together! ;)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited February 2017

Is the Carousel not this one?

http://www.daz3d.com/carnival-carousel

Post edited by PhilW on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    MistyRara said:

blue angels do the fancy stuff in their air show. watched once, at jones beach, didnt pay attention to the how they did it

Spin: slow flight, nose up - high angle of attack - stall one wing before the other, add some yaw with the rudder, and over you go. An uncoordinated turn at low speed can do it. I suspect birds (and dragons...) instinctively don't get themselves into that kind of situation.

Spiral dive on the other hand. High speed, nose down, turn, more turn, tighter, down you go (like spiralling down the plug hole). Seen birds doing that - the local red kites especially.

MistyRara said:

Spin: slow flight, nose up - high angle of attack - stall one wing before the other, add some yaw with the rudder, and over you go. An uncoordinated turn at low speed can do it. I suspect birds (and dragons...) instinctively don't get themselves into that kind of situation.

Spiral dive on the other hand. High speed, nose down, turn, more turn, tighter, down you go (like spiralling down the plug hole). Seen birds doing that - the local red kites especially.

Yeah, I wasn't interpreting "Tail spin" as the actual definition from a pilot when suggesting to watch that few seconds of that movie! LOL

I love watching the Goldfinches around here. Little dare devils! I love it when one of them jumps off a branch and free-falls to the ground. Just before impact, out come the wings and a perfect swoop, back up into the sky. Our barn and warf swallows are also amazing pilots! All birds amazing me... but these little guys seem to try their best to entertain me!

PhilW said:

Is the Carousel not this one?

http://www.daz3d.com/carnival-carousel

yup.  

the up and down horsies need some fixing

add some yaw with the rudder, and over you go

laughlaugh