virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

he lookin tough. smiley

not lookin so tough here.indecision

thinkin i could uv map him to mil3 skins. here i'se trying sylfie face.

scaling and translating the whole face easy enough.
    not really sure how to move the middle bits, like lip edges, without stretchy artifacts 
    guess i hazta move em 1 vert at a time

uvg3-test.JPG
    1172 x 545 - 72K
    uvg3.JPG
    1186 x 606 - 67K
    mapping g3 to mil3.JPG
    1251 x 710 - 176K
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited March 2017

Misty,  I've been lurking here with nothng to say.  Keep up the great work you have accomplished on G3 to Carrara... I'm looking forward to a positive wrap-up. :)  I sent DAZ support a note quite awhile ago about how they should not realease new generations until they are compatible with the other programs they sell.

Kewl work on anims etc... you never cease to amaze.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

+1

wgdjohn said:

Misty,  I've been lurking here with nothng to say.  Keep up the great work you have accomplished on G3 to Carrara...

tysmileyheart

i feel like i'm close to finishing this project

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    wgdjohn said:

I sent DAZ support a note quite awhile ago about how they should should not realease new generations until they are compatible with the other programs they sell.

The problem with that is that they got all manner of flak about "wasting their time" on an upgrade (Carrara 8.5) that did nothing but make it compatible with their figures. They cannot win no matter what they do! LOL

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    Diomede said:

+1

wgdjohn said:

Misty,  I've been lurking here with nothng to say.  Keep up the great work you have accomplished on G3 to Carrara...

+1

cant believe it's done.  didnt realize til now how high the anxiety was

gave the final betas to wendy, to do her magic.

is it true cripeman lost interest in carrara?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Cripeman still does the occasional video, he has had a lot of health issues, so that may be affecting things.

yeah, i hope he's feeling better. 

edited March 2017

when i apply a ds material preset based on aoa shader, turns the figure very dark gray in carrara.
    dunno exactly where in the shader tree to turn the lights back on for the skin.

sometimes the iray shader doesn't look half bad, other times is dark again.  
    don't understand what is making the difference.

some skin, beyond the bump map, come with sss texture map. can't think where to put it in the carrara shader.

remembering to set the mippee mappees to sampled

Post edited by Mistara on

particle theory for the day,

so if a particle is a foot long confetti, does it appear all at once, or does it show the confetti string emerge bit by bit

MistyRara said:

when i apply a ds material preset based on aoa shader, turns the figure very dark gray in carrara.

some skin, beyond the bump map, come with sss texture map. can't think where to put it in the carrara shader.

SSS in Carrara's native renderer is not that great to be honest, so I'm not sure that I would bother to use any maps for it. 

MistyRara said:

so if a particle is a foot long confetti, does it appear all at once, or does it show the confetti string emerge bit by bit

Not sure without trying it but I strongly suspect that it would appear all at once.

PhilW said:
    MistyRara said:

Not sure without trying it but I strongly suspect that it would appear all at once.

was trying to think how to do like spidey shooting the webs from his wrists lol

PhilW said:
    MistyRara said:

SSS in Carrara's native renderer is not that great to be honest, so I'm not sure that I would bother to use any maps for it. 

has a color swatch under sss.

there no really any place to put it. 

oh, just remembered the Holly tutorial with the sparkles skin highlights

edited March 2017
    MistyRara said:
    PhilW said:
    MistyRara said:

was trying to think how to do like spidey shooting the webs from his wrists lol

How about modelling a web and then using move and scale to have it emerge from the wrists and expand - it's going to be pretty quick anyway, so it is creating the impression rather than getting too detailed.

Post edited by PhilW on

whaaat?  omg, this whooole time i couldve assigned a keyboard shortcut to remove unused shaders?  

i added another camera to zoom out to see the handle bars to drag a terrain around.  was there another way to bring the handles within view?

thanks

I usually use the perspective view for that sort of thing. It is just a view into your scene, not a camera, so there is no risk of messing up a camera view or animation. Select the terrain and press "0" to frame the whole terrain (or whatever you have selected).

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Nevermind... here it is!!!  angel Silene

and another one gone. another bites the dust

was gonna say, but it said page not found.

lots of nice advice in commons thread about promo art.

woww  like there's 15 witcher episodes on the tubes i have to catch up on.

what will Geralt do when he meets olgierd and master of mirrors at the crossroads ?

tryin to remember what i was doing before the sidetrack

zollydoom

oh yeah, dollycam helper prop for panning mystic gorge
    was tryin to make a master dolly so i could make all the dollies invisible with the master

seems like hair strands has it's own shading and lighting

like, using color gradient to make rainbow strands

sigh

wonder if the ik bootie trick from the walk cycle tutt wold help any 

anythng glows is not an emissive light, don't know why thought it was, 

cornelia box confused me

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    MistyRara said:

cornelia box confused me

well it is

not in the iray/Octane sense but it makes the object it is applied to or it's glow channel a light emitter

it needs to have the exact model name and it must be unique so if its just model you must rename the model if more than one

edited March 2017
    th3Digit said:
    MistyRara said:

cornelia box confused me

well it is

not in the iray/Octane sense but it makes the object it is applied to or it's glow channel a light emitter

it needs to have the exact model name and it must be unique so if its just model you must rename the model if more than one

seeing the anything glow object brightly, doesn't seem to shed light on anything near it

don't have a link handy, saw a utoob particles from emitter were lit,  was pretty

or is it like poser, needs idl turned on ...

Post edited by Mistara on

If you set the glow channel to a higher than 100% value (like 1000%) and turn Indirect Lighting on, that gives a good illumination effect - particularly if using Gamma Correction of 2.2 as I keep banging on about (!). Anything Glows can work in simple situations but I prefer the Glow channel route.

Thanks.

wanted to put some of these guys in the apple orchard.

For a small light like that you could consider parenting a bulb light to the insect and excluding the insect itself from the light, then setting the glow channel separately. That way you wouldn't necessarily need to use Full Indirect Lighting if this was too slow. Decisions, decisions...